Rooftop Thinking~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

I woke up randomly in the middle of the night with a blue 2:56 A.M. flashing at my face from my alarm clock. I laid in bed, my arms crossed behind my head, staring at the ceiling with recent events running through my mind. I couldn’t believe how much I cried from just seeing Troy and Michelle. They weren’t worth my time or tears, but somehow, somewhere deep inside of me, I knew that they weren’t the reason why I was crying. I just couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I let out an exasperated breath and threw my blanket off, throwing my feet over the edge of my bed. I stood up and stubbed my toe on one of Hangeng’s suit cases. I silently cursed and kicked it out of my way. Idiot. He was rooming with Heechul and he freaking leaves his suitcases in my room?

-Sigh-

I was surrounded by idiots.

After thinking for a second, I decided some fresh air was what I needed. I looked out my window. Damn. I really wish I had a balcony. Next best thing?

I slowly navigated my eyes around the room to think until I managed to look up at the ceiling and smiled to myself.

Heading out to the living room, I silently opened and closed the front door, taking the elevator up to the roof. It was a bit chilly and I should have brought a blanket, but now I was too lazy to go back down to get it. A slight wind whipped through my hair as I shut the door leading to the rooftop. I turned and my breath was taken away.

“Oh wow~” I whispered to myself in awe.

The city was beautiful from up here. Since it was so late at night, cars were minimal. The buildings were lit up, dotting the landscape with bright patterns. The only thing that could have made this view any better was if there were stars visible in the sky, but that was made up for by the quiet serenity emitting from the core of Seoul. I took in a deep breath, cleansing my body and mind, smiling at how much refreshed I felt.

I went to the ledge and sat down, hugging my knees to my chest, just admiring the view. I couldn’t believe how much I’ve been missing while I was here!

But as great as this sight was, sadder things began creeping into my thoughts.

Troy and Michelle.

Seeing the two of them together made me sad but it didn’t at the same time. I just honestly couldn’t describe the feeling that had gone through me the moment I heard their voices. Anger for sure. Anger and fury and disbelief and betrayal. But sadness never once crossed my mind until the moment I shoved Troy out the door and I was sobbing on the couch as if someone had just died. And all that crying! What was that all about?! I usually never let my emotions slip up like that and to let them completely get the best of me was ridiculous! What was I even crying about?!

I rested my chin on my knees and blew out a breath. I felt a pain somewhere in my chest, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. What was it? I took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before letting it out slowly, closing my eyes. I knew what it was.

I was heartbroken.

I wasn’t heartbroken over Troy cheating on me or Michelle stealing him away from me or anything like that.

I didn’t necessarily care that he had cheated on me. I mean, I did, but that wasn’t necessarily my main priority.

I was heartbroken over the betrayal that I felt. I had been friends with Michelle since I was five and she was seven. After her dad got transferred to the States when she was ten, we lost contact until I had the luck of meeting up with her again when I was transferred to the States at age ten as well. We’ve been friends for over ten years, and then she turns around and betrays me like this.

And Troy! He had helped me come out of the recent heartache I had just experienced with Donghae. The whole cheating thing with Jessica and all that nonsense, and then he turns and does this to me! I was doubly betrayed by the people whom I thought were my loyal friends. I just hugged my knees tighter and stared out at the view, the wind whipping slightly through my hair. It just wasn’t fair. I mean, I was a person who did good deeds. I ran a whole bunch of charities, I volunteered at a bunch of stuff, I put other people before myself, I go out of my own way to make others happy.

So why is it then that my karma is so dang bad?

“You’re gonna catch a cold coming out here like that,” a voice said, making me jump so much I swear I could have gone over the building despite the fact that there was a half-foot raised ledge running around the perimeter of the roof as a barrier.

I turned around and let out a huge relieved sigh. “Yah! Park Jungsu, one of these days you’re gonna give me a heart attack!”

His face twisted for a second at my use of his real name, but he just smiled and shook his head. The crazy guy! My heart was practically jumping out of my ribcage after he scared me like that and all he’s gonna do is just sit there and smile at me?! Ugh. Korean guys<3

“How’d you know I was up here?” I asked, turning my head back to the view over the side of the building. My heart was slowly calming down.

He came over and sat down next to me, offering a blanket. I smiled gratefully and took it, wrapping it around my shoulders.

“Well, back in the days when Hangeng first left, Heechul used to come up here a lot in his depressed days,” Leeteuk explained, “so when I saw that you had left and how upset your were earlier, I knew where you’d gone since this had somehow become the unofficial thinking place for all the members.”

“Oh, I see,” I responded, nodding my head in understanding. He really was like a mommy. “How’d you know about the blanket?”

He smiled at me and said, “Because I know a certain girl who’s kind of airheaded at times despite how smart she is and wouldn’t think that far to bring a blanket despite it already verging on the fall-winter season.”

I slightly pushed him, a smile on my face, and said, “Oh, who must that girl be? You certainly can’t be talking about me.

“Mhm, I wonder,” he said leaning in ‘till our noses were almost touching, a playful smile on his face.

I laughed and threw my head back to look at the black sky. “Look at how peaceful everything is out here. And this city! I never paid attention to how beautiful it can be before.”

“None of us have really stopped to appreciate the beauty of the city before since we’re always in a rush to get where we’re going,” Leeteuk agreed.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder. I noticed he was shivering, too.

“Oppa, are you cold?!” I asked, pulling back to look at him. He was wearing long sleeves and pants, a smart choice versus my idiotic shorts and a tank.

He shook his head. “No, no, it’s okay. I’m fine.”

I scoffed and threw the blanket over both of us. “I don’t wanna have to take care of a sick Leeteuk. That’s no fun.”

He let a small smile slip and then we were just silent for a couple of minutes, lost in our own thoughts, my head back on his shoulder.

“Uki,” Leeteuk said suddenly.

“Mhm?” I replied lazily, my eyes closed.

“Why were you crying so much earlier?”

I smiled and shook my head slightly. “I honestly don’t know, oppa. I don’t know what came over me, but I just couldn’t control those sobs. They just kinda came and they scared me since I’d never cried like that over anything before! And then suddenly I see them and I sit there sobbing as if one of my family members had just died. I mean what the hell.”

“Who were they?”

I sighed and opened by eyes to look out on the view again. “Troy was my ex-boyfriend that I broke up with awhile back ago.”

“What happened between you guys?”

“He, um…Well, he cheated on me. Plain and simple. He called me up and told me that for the past six months, he had been cheating on me with Michelle, that chick that was here with him.”

“And she was—”

“My ex-best friend,” I finished for him.

He nodded his head in understanding. “It’s sad when friendships and relationships end on account of one person’s stupid mistake.”

“Tell me about it, right? I mean…Michelle and I had been best friends for over ten years. Troy helped me with the whole Donghae-Jessica incident and then they both just turn and stab me in the back like this.” I sighed and shook my head to clear it all away. “But it’s whatever, right? I mean, you can’t stop people from doing what they do. You can only accept them and move on with life.”

“Uki, forgive Donghae already,” Leeteuk said suddenly.

I snapped my gaze to look at him. “Huh?”

“Forgive him already. It’s completely obvious to everyone in the house that you two are totally head over heels for each other, but you guys won’t do anything about it. Just forgive him and start dating him like we all know you want to.”

I thought for a second and slowly turned my gaze to the cement roof, resting my chin on my knees once more. “It’s not that simple. I have forgiven him. I forgave a long time ago. But the whole dating thing…I’m not so sure.”

“Why not? It’s obvious you guys are hopelessly in love with each other.” I noticed Leeteuk kept his gaze at the city, never once looking at me.

“Because there’s just some stuff that I haven’t completely sorted through yet holding me back.”

“Like Sungmin?”

I blinked and looked up at him, but he still kept his gaze away from me.

“What?” I asked him.

He smiled a little. “Uki, the kid’s fallen for you. Isn’t it obvious yet?”

“But he’s Sungmin!” I exclaimed softly. “I love the guy and all, but I’m not so sure since he has all these other girls falling for him, too, thanks to that wicked aegyo act of his.”

He let out a laugh and said, “Sungmin may have alotta girls fall for him, but when it comes down to it, he’s faithful. He treats every girl with respect and he’s super duper sweet toward them.”

I laughed a little and nodded my head, saying, “Yeah, I know. He is ridiculously sweet. And he’s faithful, which seems to be a common problem in all my guys, but there’s just something about him that tells me he’s not the right guy. For me, at least.”

“Well then what’s your predicament? It’s obvious that there’s only Donghae left,” he said with a laugh.

I was silent for a minute or two before I said ever so quietly, “And then there’s you.”

He faltered and was also silent for a minute or two. “Wait, what?”

“I didn’t wanna admit it, but after a couple people pointed it out to me, I realized it’s true. I had been crushing on you since forever ago, I’ll admit, but now that we’ve spent more time together recently, it’s just been progressing from here.”

“U-Uki—”

“It’s okay. I mean, it’s probably just a silly little girl’s infatuation, but I just can’t shake the feeling. You’re just always there for me no matter what it is,” I interrupted his stammering.

“Uki, I like you, too, but…It’s never gonna work between us,” he finally said, looking at the floor.

I smiled sadly and nodded knowingly. “I knew it was coming. But it’s okay. I’d been preparing myself for it.”

Leeteuk’s POV~

< / 3

 

So sujudork602 completely helped my story out by linking and adding Uki in her story, too! If you wanna read, go read her story! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/8310/no-other-than-these-famous-idiots-donghae-henrylau-kyuhyun-superjunior It's an AWESOMEEE~ story!<3

But what makes me uber sad, though, is that ppl are totally bashing on Uki! Why?! She doesn't go around flaunting anything nor does she think that she should get everything in the world. She WORKS very hard for all she has and she always gives up a lot for everyone around her. So it just doesn't make sense to me why so many ppl hate her! Also, there are some who think that she goes around flaunting her looks? If you haven't noticed, every time I describe her, I describe her through the eyes of another character, so those are THEIR opinions, NOT what Uki thinks of herself! She was completely and totally modest when she was describing herself in Chapter One! And for those of you siding with Alex, I totally respect your decision 'cause I really do love Alex and everything, but to completely trash my character on my own story is just UNacceptable. If you wanna read all about Alex and don't care about Uki, then go to Alex's story, because this story here is UKI'S story, NOT Alex's.

Anyway, I didn't wanna seem like a whiny little brat saying this stuff, but reading some of the comments about my poor character really upset me 'cause they didn't even read her true story. They came here all Alex-biased and whatnot, not even giving poor Uki a chance< / 3

But thanks to all the true Uki fans out there. I LOVE you guys so much and you truly make it worth the effort to keep writing this story!! I'm doing it all for you!(: