Still Children~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

The breakfast conversation was definitely strained and forced at first, but then as the guys got into the rhythm of it, they just turned back into normal Super Junior again, being idiots and just talking. Siwon’s parents were nice. I really like them. They definitely had a high tolerance for annoyance if they could put with up the Wicked Witch of the West. Which meant they were perfect in dealing with Super Junior! Kekeke. ^^

“Uki, when are you planning to go back to school? Your stay here has definitely stretched longer than your normal visits,” Siwon’s dad said after everyone had calmed down from laughing at Henry’s confession that he sometimes goes around stealing the other members’ underwear and wears them. Oh, I love Henry~

Uki thought for a second and said, “Keep in mind that it wasn’t me who decided to extend my stay. But yes, I’ll be enrolling in the spring term and we’ll see where it goes from there.”

Her dad frowned slightly. “I was hoping you’d have your PhD before you turned 18.”

Uki rolled her eyes. “Dad, really now? I got my masters at 17. There was no way I could’ve accomplished that, even if I had wanted to. It takes at least four years to get a PhD!”

“If you hadn’t taken a year off of high school…”

“I don’t wanna get into this,” Uki said, finishing her food and taking her empty plate to the sink.

“Yah! Don’t be pestering her like that. What’s done is done. Leave the past be because all we can do now is just watch as the future unravels,” her mom said.

Uki smiled from her place at the sink. “Have I ever told you I love you, mommy?”

Her mom smiled and continued eating the fried rice. “This is really good! Did you make this, Hangeng?”

Hangeng smiled and gave Uki and evil wink, saying, “I completely did! Do you like it? My very own secret recipe.”

Uki’s mouth dropped in shock as she came over and hit Hangeng with the dish rag repeatedly until he confessed that he wasn’t actually the one who made the fried rice. I had to laugh. Uki, that little girl, was menacing even with just a rag as her only weapon! Oh, she cracks me up. ^^

“So when are we leaving?”

Oh great.

Shewas talking again.

Siwon cleared his throat at the sudden quietness that washed over the table and said, “Probably not ‘till later, Jiwon.”

She let out a little sigh and just slumped in her chair.

Oh man, I swear, if she weren’t Siwon’s little sister, I would have slapped the crap out of her already! How dare she come into our house and act like that?! Completely unacceptable! And to think that Uki hasn’t punched her yet? I’m surprised. She has more self control than I do. Why is that? Why hasn’t she hit her yet? Then my eyes traveled to Donghae and a small smile formed on my lips. Her promise. She was keeping true to her promise.

“So, um…Donghae,” Siwon’s mom said, obviously trying to break the uncomfortable silence that had now engulfed the table. Donghae respectfully turned his look to her and awaited what she had to say. “I hear you and Uki are dating again?”

He smiled slightly, his face turning red. “Well, um…Yeah.”

Her mom smiled and said, “Good! I preferred you over Troy anyway.”

Then we heard something shatter and we turned to see Uki with a bloody hand.

“Oh crap,” she said, running it under water and wrapping it in a towel.

“Uki, what did you do?!” Donghae asked, immediately jumping to her aid.

“I, uh…Accidentally broke the plate,” she stammered, her face turning bright pink.

“Aish, this girl. C’mon, we better go bandage that up.” Donghae led her away to go find the first aid kit.

I looked back to see Uki’s mom smiling again. “Aww, they’re just so cute together.”

“Mom, you’re not even worried about the fact that Uki has gashes in her hand? You’re more concerned about how cute they look together?!” Siwon asked incredulously.

“Well, I haven’t seen her genuinely smile in years now. It makes me happy to know that my little girl is happy,” she responded with a happy smile on her face.

“Mom, I am most certainly not happy at the moment,” Jiwon piped up again, rolling her eyes.

I swear. If she rolls her eyes one more time, she’s gonna be missing one of them soon.

“Jiwon, can you at least act happy? Your sister is putting up an effort, why can’t you?” their mom asked in an exasperated tone.

“Uki is not putting up an effort,” Jiwon said moodily.

“Are you kidding me? I’m pretty sure that if she wasn’t, she would have punched you by now. One of you always ends up with a black eye, and it’s rarely ever her.”

I had to let out a snicker at that one. Even her own mother knows! Her own mother! Bahahah! How freaking hilarious! Upon hearing my laugh, however, Jiwon shot me a death glare, which I so gladly returned. I could already tell she and I weren’t going to be getting along very well.

“OW! LEE DONGHAE, I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN!” we heard Uki yell at the top of her lungs.

“It’s alcohol! Did you expect it to feel good?!” we heard Donghae respond.

I had to laugh again. They fought like an old married couple! Aish, they were just so cute! ^^

“OW! DONGHAE!” we heard Uki scream again.

“WELL, IF YOU WOULD JUST STAY STILL, THE ALCOHOL WOULDN’T SPILL EVERYWHERE!” Donghae responded back.

At this point, everyone was laughing now as Uki came running past the kitchen doorway and into the living room.

“Yah! Uki! Get back here!” Donghae yelled, chasing after her.

“No! You’re the worst doctor ever!” we heard Uki say with a laugh.

“Uki, you’re gonna get blood everywhere! Now quit being so stubborn and let me wrap your hand!”

“I can wrap it myself!”

“Uki!”

“Donghae!”

Apparently, Donghae won, because a second later, she came running into the kitchen with a bandaged up hand holding something.

“Uki Seohae Choi, you give me that back this instant!” Donghae yelled.

She laughed, running around the island, holding up Donghae’s Blackberry. “If you want it, you’re gonna have to come get it,” she sang, an evil smirk on her face.

“This is what I get for helping you?!”

“This is what you get for spilling alcohol all over me!”

“That’s your own fault! You wouldn’t stay still! Now please, can I have my phone back?” he asked with a pout.

I looked to the other guys to see if they were just as entertained as I was. They were all laughing so hard, it looked as if they were about to bust a rib! Uki smiled and thought for a second.

“How about…No!”

Then she took off sprinting down the hallway.

“UKI!” Then Donghae took off after her.

Oh my goodness, they were just too cute!

“They’re just like a couple of four-year-olds!” Hangeng said with a laugh.

“They’re just too cute together!” Sungmin exclaimed, still laughing.

“You see? Just look at how happy she is. How can I not be happy after seeing something like that?” Siwon’s mom asked.

“She really is happy, huh?” I heard Jiwon ask quietly, but apparently, nobody else noticed, for they all just went about their business, still laughing.

I could almost see the gears turning in her head and it was already pissing me off. From what Uki’s let us know about Jiwon, she was always one to crush Uki’s happiness, but it was different this time because now? Now, my brother was involved with Uki’s happiness, and if she does anything to change that, somebody is gonna end up with a busted face.

 

They're so cute. ^^