Detective Cho and Investigator Choi~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

If we were going to prove that Hangeng was cheating, we needed to catch him in the act of doing so, which meant we wait an hour and see what he does from there. Poor Kyuhyun. He looked like he really wanted to punch something. Goodness. This guy was so much in love with Alex yet he was so stupid not to admit it! The entire freaking house could see it except for the two of them! Aish. After Hangeng is gone, I needa set these two up ‘cause they’re obviously not gonna come to realizations by themselves.

“Uki, how are we gonna find out if he’s cheating for sure?” Kyuhyun asked me, giving me a look with hopeful eyes.

Does everyone honestly believe that I sit here coming up with devious plans all day?

Okay, well yeah, I do(x

“We wait,” I answered simply.

“What?! That’s the best you can come up with?! We just wait?!” he asked.

He was pacing around the room agitatedly at this point while I was just listening to my iPod, only one of my headphones in so I could still hear him. “Yah, Kyuhyun! When have you known me to come up with a plan as lame as just waiting? Trust me. Whenever we go out there, just go along with whatever I say, alright? Oh, and find a way to make Donghae disappear for awhile ‘cause I’m sure that what I have in mind is gonna mess with him a little.”

Kyuhyun stopped for a moment and gave me a suspicious look. “Uki…What do you have in mind?”

“It’s just a little reference I have to our past,” I said simply, staring at the ceiling. “But he’s not gonna like what I have to say. So just make him disappear, okay?”

“How am I supposed to do that?

“I dunno. Tell him to go to the store and get something ridiculous. Something to buy up his time.”

“Actually…I don’t think he’s here. Hang on.” He left me sitting there, staring at the space he was at just a moment before. And not even a minute passed by before he came back in, shutting the door, and saying, “Nope, he’s gone. Went to spend the day with Alex.”

A small smile crept on my face. “Well, that’s just perfect then. How long has it been?”

“About forty-five minutes.”

“Alright, let’s go.” I quickly took my headphone out and threw the iPod on the bed, Kyuhyun following me out the door. I saw that Hangeng was just about to leave out the door when I said, “Hey, Hangeng! Where are you heading to?”

Kyuhyun gave me a look. I just kept the smile on my face and lightly elbowed him in the ribs, letting him know he better keep his mouth shut and just go along with it.

“Oh hey, Uki, Kyuhyun,” Hangeng said, turning around to face us. “I was just planning to go and meet up with a colleague of mine about the lawsuit.”

“Oh, really?” I asked, stepping toward him. “Shouldn’t I come along then?”

His eyes widened slightly in panic. Oh Hangeng, you make this way too easy. “Wh-why?”

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Kyuhyun smirking slightly. What an evil maknae~ “Well, didn’t you and Alex practically beg for me to represent you during this lawsuit?”

“That was just for that one day, Uki,” Hangeng said, nervously scratching the back of his neck. “I mean, I do have a lawyer for all that nonsense.”

“But you said so yourself that your lawyer was an unorganized, incompetent slacker. Well, actually, those were my words, not yours, but same difference. C’mon Hangeng, if it’s about the lawsuit, I needa be there, too.”

“Uki, I think I can manage for myself.”

“The last time you said that, Henry and Zhou Mi almost got their contracts terminated.”

He frowned slightly at the too close call of a memory. “Uki, I’d much rather you not. You just got over the flu and I think Siwon might kill me if something else were to happen to you, so I think it’d be best if you just stayed home.”

I sighed and feigned a sad expression. “Well, alright. But can I talk to you about something before you leave?”

He smiled, almost letting a relieved sigh slip, when he said, “Yeah, sure thing.”

He sat down in the armchair and I turned to Kyuhyun. “You wanna help me, too, oppa? I’m feeling a bit confused about some stuff.”

He just smiled at me and said, “Sure thing, Uki.” He sat down on the couch while I sat perched on the arm rest of the couch.

“Do you think it’s wrong of me to take Donghae back?” I asked, an expression of mock confusion and sadness on my face.

“Why would you even question such a thing?” Hangeng asked, shocked. “It’s pretty obvious you’re in love with the guy.”

“Yeah, Uki, don’t give up on him. He’s different. He’s not the same filthy cheater anymore,” Kyuhyun said, shooting a dangerous look at Hangeng.

Aww, Kyuhyun, I’m so proud of you! You’ve finally learned how to improvise! ^^

“Well, it’s just when I first found out he cheated on me, I was so devastated! I thought my world was over and spent months crying about it ‘cause I thought I really did love him. He almost ruined the whole idea of love for me. And I don’t know if I can go through all that again,” I said, keeping my sad eyes on Hangeng the entire time to see what his reaction would be.

As I expected, he started looking a bit uncomfortable and a nervous look had entered his eyes as he stuttered, “B-but Uki, he made a mistake. H-he’s obviously changed now! I mean, the guy’s only human, r-right?”

I let out a big sigh. “I suppose so. But there’s still this tiny little voice inside of me telling me that he just might do it again. And then what? I’ll probably be ten times more depressed than I was last time. You see where I’m coming from, right, Hangeng? A guy like you would never think of cheating on a girl, right? Especially with someone as great and amazing as Alex…Right?”At this point, my stare had turned into a cold and hard one, daring him to deny the truthful words that were coming out of my mouth.

“O-of course not. I would never cheat on Alex,” he stammered, swallowing hard.

“Good,” I said with a sarcastic smile. “Because, if you did, I don’t think Donghae would very much appreciate it. Oh, and neither Kyuhyun nor myself would very much appreciate it either. I’m not saying you are. But I’m just saying that you better not. ‘Cause coming from a girl who’s been there, trust me when I say that it doesn’t feel very good. M’kay?”

Hangeng gulped again and nodded his head, getting up to leave. After he shut the door, Kyuhyun burst into laughter.

“I think you should become a professional interrogator for the FBI instead. You almost had him peeing himself!” he said with a laugh.

I smiled. “See? Told you to just go with it.”

Kyuhyun shook his head slightly and said, “I don’t think Alex is ever gonna get heartbroken with people like us in her life.”

I just smiled. “Well, yeah.”