Caught Off Guard~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

This stupid shoot was taking foever and I was practically bored to tears. I was sitting on a chair, just staring as the guys were just doing random poses. Then it became interesting.

“Okay, guys, here’s what’s next,” Lee, the photographer, instructed, “we’re just gonna do individual portraits. Showing skin, alright?”

The guys seemed excited about this for some odd reason. I guess it was a chance for them to show off their body? I dunno. Who knew what was going on in those minds of theirs? Siwon was the first to go. Oh jeez. No one wants to see you shirtless, Siwon! I walked away as he started ing his dress shirt, “teasing” the camera as Lee had so put it. He had his back to the Lee, shirt halfway down his back, looking over his shoulder at the camera. Ugh. I rolled my eyes, disgusted, and walked to the food table, ignoring Lee’s instructions to Siwon.

“Oh my God,” someone said, sounding a bit breathless.

I looked up to see Alex standing next to me, looking a bit flushed.

“Um…?” I asked, giving her a weird look.

“Have you seen your brother?” she asked me, looking at me with wide eyes.

“Um, Alex, I’ve lived in the same house with him for ten years of my life. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen my brother,” I told her with a little laugh, reaching for a ham and cheese sandwich.

“Oh, why am I asking you for? You’re so biased!”

“Well of course I’m biased! He’s my brother!

“Oh I don’t care. All I know is that his abs are…AH-MAY-ZING. It shouldn’t be possible for someone to have such perfect abs and be so dang gorgeous.

I looked at her, my lip curled up in disgust. “Alex, get a grip please? That’s my brother you’re talking about and I’d rather not hear about how…’Amazing’ his abs look. That’s gross.”

“Ugh. You only say that ‘cause it’s your brother. If it were anybody else, you’d be just as amazed as I am.”

“Oh I highly doubt that.”

I walked back to my chair as Alex stood there, fawning from afar. Thank God Siwon was done. Teukie was next. I laughed to myself when he looked at me self consciously as he ped his leather jacket. Oh man. His body was…Yeah, you can fill in the blank from there. ;D He kept his gaze on the camera the entire time. Ahh, Leeteuk, it’s so cute to see you get embarrassed. Then he snuck a little glance at me, a weird look in his eyes.

“Perfect!” Lee shouted, which made me jump and let out a little squeak, falling out of my chair.

“Uki!” Leeteuk exclaimed, rushing over to help me up. He grabbed my hand and tried pulling me up but somehow ended up being pulled down by accident. He caught himself from falling on top of me by catching hold of the chair.

At this point, the camera was rapidly clicking.

“That’s it, keep it up! These are the perfect shots!” Lee announced excitedly, looking at us with a lit-up expression.

“Wait, what?” I asked, pushing Leeteuk away from me. I jumped behind the chair so he couldn’t get anymore pictures.

“What’re you doing?!” Lee asked almost angrily. “Those were the perfect shots!”

I gave him one of those looks. “Excuse me? Sir, you had better watch your tone of voice when you’re talking to me before I smack you upside the head. Who do you think you’re talking to, huh? I’m not some girl off the street, and if you dare speak to me like that again, I will hit you so hard that you’re gonna have a hard time remembering why your jaw was wired shut. Do I make myself clear?”

He sighed. “Look, I’m sorry, okay? But it’s just…The look on Leeteuk’s face was PERFECT. And the way he was angled when he was helping you up made for the most perfect shot.”

“I thought we agreed on no girls in the shoot!” I yelled at him indignantly.

“Yeah, but…I couldn’t pass up an opportunity that was just so great!”

Leeteuk let out a breath. “Look, you tricked both of us. Just erase those pictures, please.

“Will you at least just take a look at the photos before you make that decision?” Lee asked pleadingly.

I looked at Teukie who looked right back at me. We both let out a breath. I was probably going to regret this, but why not, right? We made our way over to Lee’s monitor that had the photos slowly uploading onto the screen, and I had to admit…They did look good. But it could totally be misinterpreted the wrong way! I was in fringed jean shorts and a black tank while he was hovering over me shirtless! Yeah, like that’s not gonna spread the wrong message, right?

“No, delete them,” I commanded.

“B-but, Uki!” Lee stammered. He looked to Leeteuk. “Leeteuk? Please, please tell me that you like these pictures.”

Leeteuk was staring at the screen thoughtfully. “I’ll admit, I do like the pictures. They turned out really nice.”

“Yes! Thank you, I’ll send them—”

However, Uki’s right,” Leeteuk interrupted.

Lee’s face visibly fell. “What?”

“She’s right. The ELFs are gonna look at this and think to themselves some none too nice thoughts about both me and Uki. I mean, think what they will about me, but when it comes to anybody else, I don’t wanna be the cause of a ruined reputation,” Leeteuk explained, “which means, delete the pictures.”

Lee looked from me to Leeteuk and back again, a pleading look in his eyes. When he saw that no one was going to support him, he sighed and deleted the pictures. I placed a hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes, which was awkward since he was a good ten inches taller than I was.

“I’m really sorry, oppa,” I said, “but it’ll just tarnish too many reputations that have taken too long to build up. Maybe the next pictures will be better.”

He let out a breath and said, “I suppose. Alright, Leeteuk, you’re done. Sungmin! You’re next!”

Sungmin came bounding to the set, a smile on his face. “Let’s do this!”

“Oh Sungmin,” I said, shaking my head. I noticed Leeteuk gave me a funny look, but I decided not to comment. I went and sat back in my chair, a bored look on my face.

And then—

“HOLY SMOKIN’ ABS, SUNGMIN!” I yelled, shooting out of my chair in shock. I immediately covered my mouth, looking around, my face blossoming red in embarrassment. Everyone was laughing at me as I practically turned into a tomato.

ESPECIALLYSungmin.

Oh man, oh man, he’s never gonna let me live this down.

“See somethin’ you like?” he asked, giving me that look of his.

I immediately rushed out of sight, dashing into the girls’ bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My pale face was flushed completely red, which was starting to creep down my neck as well. The tips of my ears were pink and the skin around my eyes pale. Ugh. It was SO obvious when I was embarrassed and I hated it! Stupid pale Korean skin. -__-

I put my hands on both my cheeks, which were beyond warm. Oh my goodness gracious, Sungmin was HOT. I mean, he had always been that cute kid that could never be taken seriously in my eyes, but he had RIDICULOUS abs. It shouldn’t be possible that such a pansy like him could have such an amazing body! Okay, okay, breathe, Uki, just breathe. I mean, this isn’t the first time you’d seen a guy shirtless. I mean, you’ve seen Donghae shirtless, you’ve seen Leeteuk shirtless, and pretty much all the guys shirtless before thanks to their awkward shoots, but I’d never paid much attention to them before! [I’ll admit. Back then, my eyes were always on Donghae so I never really paid attention to anybody else’s body. -///-]

The bathroom door opened and Alex walked in, a smug smirk on her face. “I told you it was gonna hit you sooner or later. But what surprises me is that it was Sungmin of all people who affected you. I mean, Leeteuk was hovering right over you, completely shirtless, and you see Sungmin with his shirt simply opened and you totally freak out? I just don’t get it!”

“Shut up, Alex,” I said, my hands still covering my ridiculously red cheeks.

She laughed at me. “SUNGMIN? Really now? The innocent little bunny himself? WHY? I mean, I’ll admit. My brother seems more like the kinda guy you’d fall for, which is obviously true, but Sungmin and Donghae are total opposites! I just don’t understand it!”

“I can’t expl—wait a minute. Why are you in the girls’ bathroom?! You’re dressed as a guy right now!” I suddenly exclaimed.

Alex looked down at herself. “Oh .” She quickly dashed out of the bathroom.

I let out a breath and looked at my reflection again. At least the redness was slowly going away.