Sherlock Moments~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Donghae’s POV~

I woke up the next morning to find Uki still sleeping daintily beside me. I smiled to myself. I felt accomplished that I had been able to comfort her, but once I find out who that mothereffing bastard who dared lay a hand on her was, I’m tearing him to shreds. My poor Uki. She looked like a scared little child when she came in here last night! Totally not Uki! The door opened and Siwon poked his head in, saying, “Donghae, do you know where—Yah! What are you doing?!”

I quickly shushed him, putting a finger to my lips and making sure that Uki was still sleeping. Then I sat up and carefully made my way outta bed, making sure I wouldn’t wake her. I steered Siwon out of the room and shut the door quietly.

“What was that all about?!” he asked me.

“Don’t worry, Siwon, nothing happened, I promise,” I said. “She came in last night and said she had a nightmare. But, um…That’s not what I’m worried about.” I made my way to the dining room and sat at the table and waited until he sat down as well. After letting out a quick sigh, I said, “She told me last night that someone did hit her.”

Siwon closed his eyes, frowning slightly, and let out a troubled breath. “I knew it. Did she say who?”

“No,” I answered, running a hand through my hair.

“Once I find out who he is, he’ll cease to exist,” Siwon said in a deadly tone. “No one lays a hand on my sister.”

“Oh trust me, I’ll be right there beside you,” I said. “You should’ve seen her face last night. Scared the crap outta me. I’d never seen her so vulnerable before.”

“The question is, why didn’t she tell us beforehand? Just doesn’t make sense. And when could it have happened?”

“Probably while we were gone.”

“That would’ve meant that she either left the building, which I highly doubt, or someone broke in,” Siwon said.

“We live on the fifteenth floor! How could that even be possible?

“Well, if it were someone she knows, they’d have known to just come into the building and take the elevator. And…Oh my goodness, that key! That stupid key that we never thought to remove! We practically let them walk in! And what if…What if she didn’t just get hit. Like, more stuff happened?”

My mouth twisted in anger and my fists clenched at the very thought of someone further hurting her. “I’d kill the stupid bastard!” Then I thought for a second. Oh my God. “I just thought of something. What if…What if it were that one guy? Th-that one guy that was here last time? Her…Her ex I think. He’s still in Seoul!”

Then realization dawned on him. “I knew I saw him yesterday! That was him in the lobby! I just wasn’t sure at first ‘cause he looked away before I could catch a good look, but now I know for sure it was him!”

“Good morning!” a peppy voice said, interrupting our intense conversation.

I looked up to see Alex coming in with a happy expression on her face, wearing her tank top and shorts. Oh my goodness, she was starting to look more and more like Uki by the second. I wasn’t so thrilled at how gorgeous Uki made her yesterday. I mean, yeah, I was happy that my little sister is finally getting some attention, but all the attention she got yesterday at the bar almost had me busting a few faces last night!

Alex took out a pan and set it on the stove, waiting for it to heat up. When it was finally hot enough, she took out the oil and poured some in, happily humming to herself as she brought out the carton of eggs from the fridge.

“Well, you’re obviously in a good mood,” Siwon said with a laugh, temporarily forgetting about the problem at hand.

Alex smiled a big smile and said, “I woke up this morning in a tank and shorts after taking off makeup. You don’t know how good I feel right now. I honestly don’t think anything could bring down my good mood.”

I smiled slightly. Okay, so I’ll admit. I’m happy that Siwon convinced me to finally let Alex reveal her secret. After seeing how happy she was, I was most definitely happy myself.

“Alex, has Uki said anything to you recently?” Siwon asked, quickly switching into protective older-brother mode again.

She looked at us, confused for a second, as she cracked a couple eggs into the pan. The sizzling of the eggs accompanied her words as she said, “It depends. About what?”

“Well,” Siwon said uncertainly, “Donghae and I just came to the conclusion that someone hit her yesterday and we were just wondering if you knew anything about it.”

“Who hit her?!” Alex immediately asked in an angry tone. “I’ll find him and kill him!”

Siwon laughed and said, “We’re actually thinking that it was her ex.”

That filthy lowlife?” she asked. Her lips curled in disgust. “He better hope that for his sake, he won’t show his face around here again.”

I laughed. “I never knew you were so protective over Uki.”

“Well, I kinda owe her,” she said, her tone immediately softening, “and despite my previous hatred of her, I’d do anything to make sure she was safe.”

Siwon sighed and nodded. “What do you guys think we should do?”

We all thought for a second as Alex slid the eggs onto a plate and cracked some more into the pan.

“I think we should just leave it alone,” Alex said. “Don’t confront her about it. Just leave it alone and buy her story about the door. She obviously doesn’t wanna talk about it so it’ll be best for all of us if we just let it rest. Like, let her come up to you and talk about it. Otherwise, just leave it be.”

“How can you say that?!” Siwon asked.

Unless,” she continued, “he comes back. If he does, then I believe we should all just beat the crap outta him, ‘cause no one hurts Uki and gets away with it.”

~~~~

Hangeng’s POV~

“Hangengg~” I heard someone say in a sing-song voice.

I grunted in annoyance, trying to wave the person off.

“Hangeng, wake up~” they whined.

I opened my eyes to see Alex staring at me, a smile on her face. I laughed.

“Whatta beautiful sight to wake up to,” I said with a smile.

She laughed and kissed me on the cheek. “C’mon, breakfast is ready!”

I slowly sat up, stretching. “Alright.” I took a pillow and threw it at Heechul. “Yah, wake up! Breakfast is ready and unless you wanna get there to eat nothing, better hurry.”

He groaned in irritation and threw the pillow back at me. “Five more minutes.”

“Heechul, I’m gonna tell everybody to eat all the good and leave nothing for you then!”

Heechul let out an exasperated sigh and sat up as well, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “You’re so annoying. You and your girlfriend both. Next time, find a different room to be all mushy gushy in.”

I laughed at him as he stood up and headed out to the kitchen. I looked at Alex. Was it just me, or did she just get ten times more beautiful in the past twenty-four hours? Whatta lucky guy I am(: But something was troubling her, I can tell. There was worry etched in the lines of her face and her emerald eyes held sadness.

“Bao bei, what’s wrong?” I asked worriedly.

The corners of pulled down into a slight frown. “I’m worried about Uki.”

“Because of her black eye?”

She nodded slightly.

“Well, it’s nothing to worry about. She just ran into a door, remember?”

She looked at me, her brows raised in shock for a second. “Um…Yeah, totally.”

Did I saw something wrong? What happened?! But before I could ask, she stood up and walked toward the door, saying, “C’mon. I’m hungry!”

Then she left.

Craaaap.

Alex’s POV~

“Alex, why won’t you come eat? You’re gonna turn into another Uki if you just do all the work and never take time for yourself,” Ryeowook said while I was at the stove making some rice porridge for Uki.

“I’m fine,” I said, stirring in some more ingredients and waiting for the soup to thicken.

“Alex, c’mon. There’s still plenty of food. Just come eat,” Donghae said, stuffing his face with eggs and fried rice I’d made this morning.

I laughed at them. “Thank you all for your concern, but Uki is practically dying in bed. I just wanted to make her something to eat is all.”

“Speaking of Uki, is her eye any better?” Eunhyuk asked, still eating his food.

I shared a glance with Donghae and Siwon who just let out a heavy sigh.

“It was pretty banged up last night. She must have run into that door pretty hard,” Leeteuk said.

I looked at him, but he avoided my look. Ever since he found out I was actually a girl, he’s been even colder toward me than usual. I didn’t get it! I never did anything to the guy. Why does he hate me so much?! I mean, I wasn’t planning on getting them into any scandals any time soon. And besides, Uki’s already gotten herself in the paper about the whole Sungmin vs. Donghae thing and he was still okay with her! Okay, granted the story wasn’t actually bad…And he’s in love with her…And I also got put into the paper because of the whole dating Siwon thing, but still! It wasn’t fair!

“I’m starting to get worried about her,” Ryeowook said. “If her dizzy moments are getting this bad to where she can’t even walk out of a room without giving herself a black eye, then there’s obviously something wrong. Should we take her to go see a doctor?”

“I think she’ll be fine,” Siwon said. “The only reason why it’s so bad right now is because she hardly ever gets sick, so on the rare chance that she does get sick, it always takes a harder toll on her than it would on a normal person.”

Just as he said this, we all heard someone coughing inside the room and Donghae immediately jumped up from his seat and practically sprinted to go check on her. I smiled. Aww, my big brother was such a cute boyfriend. I really hope they last this time around~

 

Once again, the pic has no relevance whatsoever, but they looked really cute, so I couldn't pass on posting it(: