Change of Heart~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

“Umma, appa, do you mind if…I, you know…Stay here a bit longer?”

The whole kitchen went silent when Jiwon had asked that. I looked up from the pot of soup I was making for lunch that day. Jiwon’s face wasn’t as badly messed up as it would have been if Donghae and Kyuhyun hadn’t pulled me off when they had. The black eye was just above her cheekbone and it wasn’t even that prominent. Her eyebrow took a total of two hours to heal, and it was already beginning to scab, while her lip on the otherhand…Well yeah, that was a little different story(x It was swollen and a little purple, obviously shouting to the world “Hey! Someone just definitely punched me in the face!” Pfsht. She deserved it.

“Jiwon, I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” my mom said. “Uki already messed up your face. She works in the kitchen all day. There are knives close at hand. Do you see where I’m going with this?”

I smirked and turned back to my pot.

“But umma,” Jiwon whined.

“Yah, Jiwon! This isn’t your house. You can’t simply invite yourself to stay. And besides, what about school, huh? You worked this hard to get into Cambridge and you’re just going to skip out on it to have fun in Korea?” my dad asked.

I winced. I knew his words were secretly directed towards me, but I just continued adding spices and stirring my soup, minding my own business.

“But Uki gets to stay here!” Jiwon whined.

I grinded my teeth. Typical Jiwon to be bringing me up in an argument that she can’t win by herself.

Uki is going to enroll in the spring,” my dad said. “But in the meantime, she has been working hard. She deserves a little break.”

Her?! SHE works hard?! I’m about to become a lawyer!”

“With just your masters?! Uki’s about to get her PhD! She’s beyond that nonsense, moving onto other stresses. I think she deserves the time off.”

I smiled. I love my daddy<3

“Hmph. This isn’t fair!”

“Oh please,” Siwon interrupted. I looked to him. He’d been in a noticeably bad mood all morning. I was guessing it had something to do with the fight he and Jiwon got into last night? Apparently, what happened was, he got so upset, he refused to let her stay at his apartment, so she ended up staying here. Heh. Never knew Siwon would be the one to get so fed up as to kick someone out. “I thought you said you didn’t even wanna mix in with the famous, remember?”

“Yeah, I know,” Jiwon said, an apologetic look in her eyes. “But then, like, I realized how much I missed being here, and I wanna stay longer.”

“If it’s up to anybody, I think it should be up to Uki,” my mom said.

I looked up at the mention of my name to see that all eyes were on me. Umm…?

“That’s not fair! You know she hates me, umma!” Jiwon whined.

I narrowed my eyes and gave an eye roll. “I don’t care.”

Everyone went silent. I blinked at them, looking up from my pot again.

“What?” I asked.

“D-did you just say she could stay?” Siwon asked, giving me that shocked expression of his.

I gave a little shrug. “I said I don’t care. So have fun talking it out amongst yourselves.”

Jiwon looked at my mom. “So can I?! She said I can!”

“She said she doesn’t care,” Alex said. “I’m gonna be the voice for everybody else when I say that we do not want you staying here.”

I looked up at Alex, a half smile half smirk on my face. Ah, she just cracks me up~

“Excuse me? I don’t think anybody asked you,” Jiwon said snidely.

I walked over to the table and leaned over it, looking her straight in the eye. “Look, Jiwon. Alex has done nothing to you so I would very much appreciate it if you would shut your mouth unless you want the other side to be swollen, too, got it? They’re contemplating on letting you stay here, and I made a promise not to hurt you again, but if you so much as get under my skin for any reason at all, I will personally pack your bags for you and kick you out onto the street. And if you think I’m kidding, go ‘head and try me. ‘Cause, ya’ know, I think that nice little black eye of yours speaks for itself.”

I smiled coldly at her as she just glared, looking like she wanted to say something back. All the guys were trying to keep in their laughter…But they pretty much epically failed at it. Oh Super Junior~

“Do you see the things she says to me?!” Jiwon cried to my mom.

“I think it’s pretty reasonable. You act up, you get kicked out. It makes sense, so try to be nice?” mom asked.

Jiwon let out a heavy sigh and slumped in her chair. “I suppose.” Then her face lightened up at something behind me as she said, “Oppa! Guess what! I’m staying longer than expected!”

I turned to see Leeteuk standing there.

Oh.

My.

God.

He just smiled at her. “That’s great, Jiwon! Hopefully you’ll be here long enough for me to get over this sickness and show you around.”

Jiwon giggled and said, “I’d like that.”

I grinded my teeth.

That.

Witch.

I walked briskly over to the pot and turned the switch with more ferocity than needed and said, “Soup’s done. Eat whenever you feel like it. I’ll be in my room if you need me.”

Leeteuk’s POV~

Uki walked past me, an angry scowl on her face.

Okay, I know it’s wrong of me to use Jiwon to get to Uki, but…I can’t help it. Seeing her get upset shows me that she’s jealous, and if she’s jealous, it shows me that she cares. Which means that I can’t give up on her, despite all those times that I told myself to. I just can’t, not while knowing that there was still a chance for us. Uki’s too important to me and although I feel guilty for using Jiwon like that, she was just conveniently there, making her easy to use.

Aish, what have I turned into? I never thought I’d stoop as lowly as to use others around me to get a girl. But Uki wasn’t just a girl! So…That justifies everything, doesn’t it? Ughh. Uki, what have you done to me?

Uki’s POV~

Truth be told? I did not want Jiwon to stay here. I’d rather live in the Tundra for the rest of my life than to live with her again. But…In an attempt to make good on my promise and make sure that I didn’t hurt anybody around me again, I knew it was the right thing to do. She, on the other hand, is going to make things a little difficult for this to successfully work, so we’ll see how this works out, eh?

“Uki?” someone asked.

I looked up from my iPod screen and sat up from the mass of blankets piled on me. “Oh, hey Kyuhyun. Can I help you with something?”

Kyuhyun nervously shut the door and sat at the edge of the bed, blinking at his hands. “What if I told you that I thought someone might be cheating on someone else?”

I sat up straighter, pulling my headphones out. “What’re you talking about, Kyuhyun? Who’s cheating?”

“Well, um…”

Kyuhyun, I swear to you that if you say Donghae’s name, I will go out there and rip him to shreds this very instant! I take him back after all the crap he’s put me through and he pulls the same again?! WHAT?!

Seeing the distressed look on my face, he immediately shakes his head and holds his hands up in a defensive position, saying, “No, no, not Donghae! Donghae’s not cheating on you!”

I let out a sigh of relief. “Okay, so who’s cheating on whom?”

“Well, um…I just walked past Heechul’s room. And, um…I heard Hangeng talking on the phone for someone to ‘meet him in two hours.’ And I’m sure it wasn’t a boy ‘cause he called them ‘bao bei’ and I’m sure it wasn’t Alex ‘cause she’s sitting in the kitchen.”

I blinked at him. That filthy stinkin’ cheating idiot. Why are all guys effing cheaters, huh?! What did we girls ever do to you to deserve this treatment?! This isn’t the freaking fifteenth century anymore where it’s okay to have more than one girlfriend! You find one girl and you stick to that one girl unless you officially break it off with her! And I’m pretty sure that Hangeng did not break up with Alex yet. Aw man. I actually liked him, too. But if I find out that he is in fact cheating on Alex, I am going to kill him.

And then I will resurrect him.

And then I’ll let Donghae can kill him.

Hangeng, you better hope that for your sake, you’re not cheating on Alex or your face will be ending up a lot worse than Jiwon’s.

And that’s a promise.