Confrontations~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Uki’s POV~

Why is it that I can never get any sleep in this damn place? I mean, a girl my age should be getting at least eight hours of sleep…Not two! I was sleeping soundly, Donghae on the other side of the barrier I made, when I felt a cold hand over my mouth. My eyes shot open and I was about to scream, when the person put his other hand around the back of my neck and pressured his hand on my mouth, refusing to let me make a sound.

“Shh, Uki, it’s me,” I heard a smooth voice say.

As my eyes adjusted to the dark, I saw Leeteuk’s silhouette standing in front of me. I let out a mental sigh of relief that it was just him and not some random creeper who broke in.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” he asked me, his anxious eyes staring at me.

I removed his hands from my head and whispered fiercely, “Why didn’t you just ask, like a normal person would do instead of going all creeper kidnapper on me?!”

He smiled sheepishly, uncomfortably scratching the back of his neck as he said, “Sorry. I just knew that if you opened your eyes to see some random guy standing over you, you’d start throwing stuff at me.”

Hmph. He knows me too well. I stood up quietly as to not wake up Donghae and followed Leeteuk out the bedroom door to the front door. I knew where we were going, even without him having to tell me. The wind whipped slightly through my hair as I went straight to my secret stash of jackets and blankets, handing him a blanket as well. He smiled at my being prepared. I turned to the scene of nighttime Seoul, my breath taken once more. I don’t think I could ever get used to this sight. I sat down, Leeteuk sitting down next to me. We were silent for a moment before he started talking.

“Uki, it was almost a month ago when we were up here and I told you that things wouldn’t work out between us,” he started.

I frowned a bit, sad by the stark memory. I didn’t say anything, just nodded my head in acknowledgement.

“I just wanted to know if you still think that’s true,” he continued.

I in a breath. I didn’t quite know how to answer that. “Teukie…I don’t know.” Well, that was a ish answer.

He just kept his gaze at the view. Still not looking at me, he said, “You must’ve known that I liked you.”

I just shrugged. “I knew that I liked you.

He looked at me now, a confused glint in his eyes. “Then why did you choose Donghae over me?”

I looked at him. “I don’t recall you asking me out.”

He smiled and turned his eyes back to the city. “Always with the smart replies. Answer me truthfully. If I were to have asked you out before Donghae had a chance to, would you have said yes?”

I thought for a moment. I wasn’t quite sure how to answer that one either! I mean, I’ve always had a crush on Teukie, but I think that’s only because I grew up with him and he was a good friend of Siwon’s. It’s almost like when you were in first grade and you became best friends with this guy. You eventually grew up with him, your friendship lasting until high school. Somewhere along the way, deep, deep down, you had developed a crush on him but never did anything about it because he was just your good guy friend! You guys have been in that situation, haven’t you?! Well, that’s exactly how it is with Leeteuk. He was that guy.

“I…I don’t know,” I responded again. My face flushed pink. I hated doing this to him. He deserved a straight answer but I just wasn’t the one who had a straight answer to give him!

“What do you mean you don’t know?” he asked me. “I thought you said you liked me.”

“I did say that. But then you said it wouldn’t work between us, and although I knew that would be the answer, I wanted to hear it. So when I finally did, I gave up on it. And then Donghae came along—”

“Donghae cheated on you,” he interrupted me. “He cheated. How can you act as if that didn’t happen?!”

“I’m not! I’m not pretending that nothing happened! I know he cheated. I caught him cheating.”

“Then how can you take him back so easily?!”

Easily?! You think it was easy for me to wait three years for him to finally change? Do you even know what happened in those three years? Teukie, trust me when I say that it wasn’t easy for me to take him back. I went through so much before I finally decided, and he has changed. I know he has!”

“Uki, look at me.”

I refused to look at him so he grabbed me by the shoulders and turned me, forcing me to look at his sad expression.

“I know I said that things wouldn’t work out. I know I did. But I was only trying to convince myself. I saw how happy Donghae made you and I thought it’d be the right thing to do to just stay out of the way, to forget about you altogether. But it was impossible to forget you! Everything you did, from the way you walked to the way you talked had me going crazy. But I kept telling myself that you were Donghae’s now, that I’d be a jerk for stealing you away from him. I kept trying to convince myself that it was the right thing to do to give you up. But then I realized, how could it be the right thing to do if I was so miserable all the time?”

I felt tears spring in my eyes. I never knew he felt so strongly about this. Why didn’t he speak up sooner?! “Teukie, I’m sorry. But…You’re ten years older than me. You’re my best friend. You’re about to go to the army.” I let out a sad little chuckle. “You’ve said it before, but now it’s my turn. I just don’t think it’s gonna work.”

I stood up to leave, but before I knew it, I was taken aback by the sudden pressure on my lips. Oh my God, what was he doing?! I tried pulling away, but his hand was on the back of my neck, preventing me from doing so. Oh my goodness, Leeteuk, I’m gonna kill you! I brought my hands up and pushed against his chest, but his arm had found its way around my waist, holding me tight.

LEETEUK!

“So this is what was so important to wake me up at three in the morning for?” a voice asked.

Finally,he broke the kiss, but still kept his arms around me. Taking advantage of his attention being elsewhere, I finally succeeded in pushing Leeteuk off of me.  I turned to look at who asked the question and a gasp got caught in my throat. Oh my good lord Jesus, it was Donghae.

“Donghae—”

“I didn’t think I’d come up here to find this after reading your text,” he interrupted, stepping away from me.

Text? What the hell? I looked at him. “What text? Donghae, what are you talking about?”

“I got a text from you saying for me to meet you up here, that you had a surprise for me,” he explained, an angry and hurt look in his eyes. “I didn’t think the surprise would be your sick way of telling me we were over!”

“Donghae, it wasn’t me!” I cried, tears immediately starting to fall.

“Then who was it?! It came from your number!” he yelled, crying as well.

I thought for a second. I didn’t even have my phone with me all day. I gave it to…”LEETEUK!” I spun around and glared at him. “You’re the one who has my phone! You asked for it today to call for your own after you lost it but you never gave it back to me! Did you send Donghae that text?!”

He stood up straighter and without a moment’s hesitation, he said, “I did.”

My tears started falling faster. “WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!”

“I wanted to show you both that you were with the wrong guy,” he said, shooting Donghae a look.

“You told me you’d back off of her!” Donghae yelled, taking a step toward Leeteuk.

I immediately stood in his way, holding him back. “Donghae, don’t!”

“I told you that I’d fight for her! She doesn’t need a filthy cheater like you in her life!” Leeteuk responded fiercely.

“CAN’T YOU SEE I’M TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR WHAT I’VE DONE TO HER?! I CAN’T DO THAT IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU KEEP BRINGING UP MY PAST MISTAKES!” Donghae screamed.

It was getting harder to hold him back. “Donghae! It doesn’t matter what he says, I’ve forgiven you! I know you’ve changed! Donghae, look at me!” I cupped his chin in my hand and forced him to look at me. The hurt face that was staring back at me almost broke my heart. “Donghae, I don’t care what Leeteuk says about you. I don’t care what anybody says about you. I love you. I truly do love you.”

He wiped my tears away his thumb and turned his angry gaze toward Leeteuk. “You told me you’d back off. If you truly loved her, you’d want her to be happy! Look at what you’ve done to her! You’re sitting here making her question herself! Do you like the sight of her crying, huh?!”

“Donghae, don’t,” I said quietly, wiping away my tears.

“No, Uki. I’ve been trying to ignore it ever since we’ve been together, but this has gotten out of hand. Leeteuk, Uki is mine. You need to stay away from her. If I find out that you did something to make her cry again, I’ll make sure that someone holds Uki back because there’s no way I’m letting her hold me back again,” he threatened, malice snaking in between every syllable that left his mouth.

Leeteuk smirked. “Are you scared that if I’m around her I’ll make her fall in love with me? That I’ll steal her away? Well, you’re right. You just wait, Uki Seohae Choi. Sooner or later, you’ll figure it out for yourself that I am the right guy for you. I have no doubt about it.”

“Why don’t you just go and be with your precious Jiwon, huh?! It’s obvious that you’re just sooo much in love with her! Why don’t you just leave me and Uki be?!” Donghae yelled, stepping toward him again.

I held him back once more. “Donghae, don’t!” I finally succeeded in pushing him toward the door. Before following him inside the elevator, I turned back to look at Leeteuk, who was still seething. I just shook my head sadly, my lower lip quivering. Leeteuk, what’s happened to you? You’re not that same guy that I’ve been crushing on for the past seven years. Where did that guy go? Donghae gently pulled me inside after him, watching as the elevator doors slid shut. I just shut my eyes, burying myself in Donghae’s strong frame, crying silent tears.

 

So thanks to all that left comments/wall posts about what I should do about the ending situation! And I've decided that I'm not gonna rush the ending. Since you guys have kept up with this story since chapter one, I'm sure a few more won't hurt, right?! And trust me, I have the ending all planned out. That's when you'll be laughing, crying, and throwing a fit like Uki had promised in the description(x

Thanks again for all the support! I love you guys! FIGHTING!~