Let’s Take a Moment~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Siwon’s POV~

I grabbed Uki’s shoulders the moment before she entered the elevator, but I definitely underestimated her tiny frame. That girl was strong. She managed to jerk forward and catch me off balance, throwing us both into the elevator. I groaned in pain as I sat up, rubbing my head to see my baby sister sitting against the elevator wall, hugging her knees and staring at the floor, sad tears in her eyes. I sighed again and stood up, pushing the emergency stop button, causing the elevator to come to an abrupt halt. She looked up at me.

“Siwon—”

“Uki, have I ever told you how much I love you? And that I’m glad you’re my little sister? And that I’m glad you stayed here for as long as you have? And that I’m glad you take care of all of us as if you were our mom?” I interrupted.

She smiled sadly at me but just continued crying. I let out a heavy sigh and sat down next to her.

“Uki, you’re not being fair to yourself,” I said, staring at the wall opposite me. “The guys do appreciate you. It’s just half of them have never lived with another girl who’s done so much for them before. Well, besides their mother of course, but they don’t count.”

“Siwon, I don’t feel unappreciated. I do the things I do around here because I care about you guys, not because I feel like I have to. I don’t expect anything in return. But when I see that I’m the cause of all the fighting and whatnot going on within Super Junior, it breaks my heart. I don’t want them fighting over something stupid like that,” she spat, tears still falling fast.

“They’re fighting over you,” I said gently.

“Exactly! Why fight over something so stupid? All I am is just a girl who cooks very well because she spent her life on Youtube looking up videos on how to cook, who can clean very well because she’s ridiculously OCD, and who has a heated temper and a foul mouth to match and a stubborn personality and a tendency to get jealous and moments of utter stupidity and a klutz in just about every way and who’s obstinate and dogmatic in just about every manner. I argue. I cry. I yell. I . I nag. I fight. Why are they so stupid to fight over someone like me who has so many flaws?”

I laughed at her. “Because. Despite all those flaws, you still have a million reasons why a guy should fall for you. Have you looked in a mirror? I’ve had to bust a few faces ‘cause of the way guys look at you. And you do have a tendency to be loud and argue and be hard headed, but that just adds to your unique character. There aren’t any other girls like you out there, so guys find you a challenge, a puzzle they have to figure out so to speak. And they take it upon themselves to solve you, but since you’re you and all and you just have to be difficult, you always change things up on them, causing them to be forever infatuated with you.”

She let a small smile slip as she wiped away the remainder of her tears. “I don’t know why Leeteuk was getting so heated up for. I mean…I knew he liked me, but…”

I laughed. “Liked you? Uki, the guy’s practically in love with you. Now that I think about it, you’re the first girl to catch his attention in awhile. I’ve never seen him happier than when you come on your visits.”

She smiled sadly and frowned a bit at the floor. “But we’ve talked about it already. I thought…I thought we agreed that it wouldn’t work between us.”

I sighed. So that clears up a lot now. “I get it. That guy. He’s always sacrificing something for somebody else. In more ways than one, he’s just like you. When you’re gone, he’s the mommy to us all.” I smirked a little and continued with, “And he argues to the death when it’s in regards to Super Junior. And he makes more sacrifices for us than he ought to.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked me.

“He knows how much you like Donghae. He knows how happy Donghae makes you. So he’s decided to stay away.” I stared at the floor sadly, shaking my head. “Classic Leeteuk. Always giving up his happiness for his dongsaengs.”

She shook her head. “That’s not how it should be, though. While it’s nice to make others around you happy, you shouldn’t have to give up your own happiness in the process of doing so.”

I gave her a side-long glance. “Have you ever thought about taking your own advice, Uki?”

She looked up at me, blinked for a second, then averted her gaze back down to the floor. “I suppose you’re right.”

I slung my arm around her shoulders and hugged her close. She rested her head on my shoulder.

“What am I gonna do, oppa?” she asked sadly. “I really like Donghae, but…I can’t go out with him knowing that it’s tearing him and Leeteuk apart.”

“Uki, take my advice for once, okay? Don’t break up with Donghae yet. I know how happy the guy makes you, which is why, I’m going to spare his poor jaw that I was planning to break for hurting you not even ten minutes into being with you.”

She laughed and hugged me. “Have I ever told you how glad I am that you’re my big brother?”

“Yes, but it doesn’t hurt to hear it one more time,” I said, winking at her.

She took a deep breath and bit her lower lips, staring at the ceiling in thought. “You know somethin’? If I honestly had the chance to go back and change anything in my life, I wouldn’t do it. People always say I wasted away my childhood, but I don’t think I’d wanna live as one of those bratty teenagers that don’t get along with their families. I’d miss moments like these too much.”

I smiled at her. “Although you can’t go back to the reckless years of fifteen-year-olds, you’re still a teenager. Go live it up. Be stupid. But not too stupid.”

She stood up and laughed at me. “Siwon, how much more reckless can I be? I came to Seoul by myself just to live in a dorm with thirteen guys. I get into legal arguments with people three times my age. I yell at people I really shouldn’t be yelling at. I’ve had a drinking contest with one of the heaviest drinkers of Super Junior. And I won! I think just about the only thing I haven’t done yet is wake up next to a random guy sleeping next to me…No wait, done that, too!” She was full out laughing now. “I think I’ve managed to catch up on all those lost years in just these few months. I do every time I come here. I honestly feel like I can just let myself go whenever I come to visit.”

I stood up and looked down at her. “So you’re not leaving?”

She smiled at me. “You know me. I threaten to leave every other week.” She laughed and shook her head, giving me a hug, her face buried in my chest. “I just needed to have a vent session with my big brother was all.”

I laughed and hugged her back, saying, “I’m always here, ya’ know? You just refuse to accept that fact.”

She pulled away and hit the button that released the frozen elevator, which began to go down to the lobby again. “I know you’re always here. But it seems as if you’re always so busy.”

“Well then,” I said, running a hand through my hair again, “how about we have brother sister day, eh?”

She looked at me, then looked at what she was wearing. “In this? And you seem to forget that I’m sick.”

I let out a heavy breath. “Technicalities, technicalities.”

“Siwon.”

“Alright, alright, we’ll do it tomorrow ‘cause you’re gonna be resting all day today, not daring to lift a finger, got it? And you’re going to get better, understood?”

“Of course, Siwon! Because I can totally control how my sickness comes and goes, right?”

I shook my head at her and hit the fifteen button, making the poor elevator take us all the way back up again. I really hope Donghae and Leeteuk had calmed down already. Uki doesn’t need anything else to question her already troubled mind, especially two guys that she still hasn’t made her mind up about yet. But as we opened the door, we saw Donghae sitting on the couch with his arm around Leeteuk’s shoulders and Leeteuk doing the same to Donghae, both sobbing. I blinked for a second.

“Uhm…Did I miss something?” I asked slowly.

Heechul just laughed. “After you guys left, we made them sit down and kiss and make up.”

Uki walked in around me and paused for a second then shook her head. “I must be sicker than I thought. Leeteuk and Donghae crying in each other’s arms. Whatta weird sight.” Then she just walked away to Donghae’s room, having all the guys just bust out laughing amongst themselves. Alex came up to me with a worried look in her eyes.

“Did you talk some sense into her?” she asked. “She’s not leaving, right?”

I nodded and smiled. “Don’t worry, she’s not leaving. Can I talk to you in the kitchen for a moment.”

She looked at the guys, who were fake sobbing along with Leeteuk and Donghae and a smile formed on her face. “I think they can handle themselves without me. C’mon.”

I followed her into the kitchen and she sat down, waiting for an explanation.

“Why do you hate Uki?” I asked bluntly.

 

So the pic was totally not relevant to the chapter whatsoever, but he just looked so darn cute I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post it! ^^