Some Quality Time~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

I randomly woke up and looked at my clock. 3:38 A.M. Hmmm…Who to bother, who to bother. I silently got out of my bed and walked to the door. Opening the door quietly, I stuck my head out into the hallway to be greeted with darkness. Eunhyuk’s room was right across from mine, Donghae’s next to his, Alex’s next to mine, and Kyuhyun’s next to hers. I think either Ryeowook or Yesung had the room on the other side of Donghae’s, but I’m not too sure. Well, this is a good group to bother, but the question is, whom? I looked at Donghae’s door and smiled to myself.

I quietly tip-toed into the hallway, shut my door, and silently opened Donghae’s door, cringing as it squeaked shut. Wow. This boy’s room was a mess. CDs, music sheets, clothes, books, paper, and pencils were strewn all over the place. How could he live like this? I looked at his figure that was buried under the giant mass of comforters and blankets and God knows what else. He was a tiny figure among the mountain of blankets that covered him.

I pulled some ninja moves and carefully made my way around the room without tripping over anything. Then I sat at his bedside, staring at his adorable face that looked so tired from lack of sleep. I smiled. I remember when I would wake up to that face. Then I thought of something.

Why am I here? I thought I hated this guy.

-But you don’t hate him. You love him. You know you do, Uki.-

Oh shut up, stupid inner voice. I don’t like listening to you.

-That’s what you said last time about falling for Troy. Look what happened now.-

Hey, now, that’s not fair. We lasted!

-For a total of what? Two weeks?-

Two and a half years,THANK YOU. That might as well be eternity in a teenager’s life.

-Yeah, but whose name was always in the back of your mind when you were with Troy? Who did you compare Troy with when you guys were kissing? Whose eyes did you compare Troy’s with when you’d look at them? Whose smile did you compare Troy’s with when he laughed? Certainly not Troy.-

Oh shut up. Who asked you anyway?

-Um, you did.-

You’re crazy.

-I’m not the one arguing with herself.-

I sighed and blew out a silent breath. I blinked a couple times at Donghae as he swallowed, murmured something incomprehensible, then rested again.

Okay, so it was true. I never stopped caring about this guy. Ever. Even when I wanted to just completely obliterate him from my memories, I’d always find myself lurking him on Youtube to see what he was up to in my spare time back home. And when I would be taking notes during class, my words would somehow morph into Donghae’s name halfway through. My grades took a serious hit during that phase, and didn’t get any better until I found a way to cure it—to write his name on my arms. Whenever he and Jessica went out, I remember going for the emo look for awhile. And whenever I heard that Jessica possibly cheated on him, I completely made SNSD obsolete in my world. In other words, I was still crazy for this guy. And I never stopped being crazy for him. In love with him? I’m not so sure anymore. But I am most definitely crazy for him<3

Donghae stirred, swallowed again, and murmured, “Uki…”

My eyes widened for a moment as I let out a tiny gasp. I blinked. Did he really just say my name?

“Uki…I’m sorry…Please forgive me…” he continued.

I smiled and an orchestra of ’Aww’s!~’ silently played in my mind.

“I forgive you, Donghae,” I whispered to him.

At first, I wanted to wake him up just to bother him, but then I thought that it would be so mean to rob the poor guy of his well-deserved sleep. So then I just sat there, reading through his various magazines and music sheets and whatnot.

Donghae’s POV~

My internal alarm went off and I sleepily opened my eyes to sucha curious, funny, cute sight. I smiled to myself and sat up, thinking that what I was looking at might be a dream and that if I weren’t careful, it’d disappear. Uki was leaning against my sliding closet door, a bunch of random music sheets sprawled on her lap, asleep. Aww, she was just so cute. I pulled my feet from under the blankets I had piled on me and stood up, stretching for a moment.

When did she come in? Last night? How did I not hear her?

I walked closer to her and examined her flawless face. She looked so innocent when she was sleeping. I poked her cheek. “Domo?” I asked, but she didn’t wake up, simply just stirred and murmured something.

I smiled at her again. I contemplated for a second on whether or not I wanted to pick her up and take her back to Henry’s room, just in case she still hated me. But we were over that phase, weren’t we? I mean, she smiled at me yesterday, and she actually acknowledged my presence. So we were okay now, right? I shook my head to clear any excessive thoughts and picked her up before the annoying little voice in my head told me not to do it, and laid her down on my bed, throwing a thin blanket over her.

She immediately curled up, pulling the blanket up to her a chin, a small smile dashing across her lips. “Donghae~” she murmured.

I gasped, my eyes wide in shock. Did she just really say my name? I smiled again and leaned down to look at her at eye level. “Yes, Uki?” I was just being silly. I knew she was sleeping after all.

“I love you…” she murmured again.

I gasped again. “Who? Who do you love?”

“…Donghae~”

I busted out in a full grin and nearly jumped up in joy, but didn’t want to ruin the moment. Instead, I gently kissed her forehead, grabbed my towel, and headed to the bathroom for my morning shower.

~~~~

After I was finished, I put on a pair of basketball shorts and headed to my room, drying off my wet hair. I smiled when I saw Uki still curled asleep in my bed.

Brings back so many memories.

I checked my clock. 7:48? Eff. I could have gotten so much more sleep. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I panicked for a moment. They’d think something happened between me and Uki if they walked in and saw her sleeping in my bed.

“Who is it?” I called.

“Siwon,” Siwon’s voice answered.

Double eff. It couldn’t have just been Sungmin? Or Eunhyuk? Or Alex? Or SOMEBODY?! It just HAD to be her insanely, overly-protective older brother?!

“Um, whatta you want? I’m kinda not dressed at the moment,” I answered, silently congratulating myself for coming up with that on the spot.

“I was just wondering if you’ve seen Uki. She’s nowhere in the dorm and it looks as though she left her room awhile ago,” Siwon said.

“Um…”

“Donghae?” I heard a voice ask.

I looked to my bed to see that Uki was sitting up now, a confused look on her face.

Triple eff.

I put a finger to my lips, signaling for her not to say anything.

“Donghae, who was that?” Siwon asked through the door.

Uki’s eyes widened in understanding and she put a hand over to let me know that she wouldn’t say anything.

“No one, Siwon,” I answered.

I heard Siwon chuckle. “Donghae, you sly devil. You’ve gotta girl in there, don’t you? Ahh, say no more. I’ll leave you alone.” I heard him whistle and walk away to interrogate the next person. I let out a relieved sigh.

Uki stood up and smiled at me as if nothing had happened just a few seconds ago. “Are you free today, oppa?”

I looked at her, confused for a minute. “Yeah, nothing for me today. It’s just the other members who have something. Why?”

“I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out today.” I noticed she blushed a little. “Wow. It’s almost as if I’m asking you out on a date all over again.”

I smiled and laughed at her. “Um…I’d love to, but I haven’t had a free day in the past two months. And I think I’d feel a little bad if I didn’t spend it with my baby sister.”

She pouted at me. Dang. That’s how she got me last time, too.

“Aww, okay. That’s alright, I understand. Maybe Kyuhyun is free today.”

“On second thought, Alex is a big girl. I think she can handle herself. Whatta you wanna do today?” I asked her quickly, a smile on my face. I hoped she didn’t see through it.

She did.

“Why so sudden, oppa? Honest, it’s okay if you wanna spend the day with Alex. I mean, if Siwon were free, I’d spend the day with him, too.”

“But I wanna spend the day with you.” I took a step closer to her, smiling.

She smiled back. Then her eyes widened. “Yah! Donghae! Put a shirt on! If someone were to walk in, then they’d really think something went down last night.”

I laughed at her. “You just noticed I didn’t have a shirt on? Oblivious little girl.”

She stuck her tongue out at me indignantly and walked out of the room.

~~~~

Uki’s POV~

I was humming to myself while brushing on a little blush to liven up my pale cheeks.

“Uki?” I heard a voice ask.

I looked up from my rectangular mirror that was propped against the wall with my millions of makeup bags strewn across the floor.

“Oh, hey, Siwon,” I replied brightly.

Siwon raised an eyebrow. “Where are you heading off to all fancified?”

“Just wanted to go out today.”

“With whom?”

“Well, since I haven’t really been paying any of the members any attention, I started feeling bad. So I’ve decided that whenever one of them has a free day, I’m gonna spend the day with them. And today just so happens to be Donghae’s free day,” I replied simply, leaning a little closer to the mirror and applying my eyeliner.

“I see. Speaking of Donghae, what happened between you two? You came in here hating the poor guy, and now you’re willing to spend the day with him?”

I bit my lower lip in thought then said, “I did hate him. I’m not gonna lie. I came here dreading the moment I’d meet him again. But then yesterday happened and I figured that despite the Hell he put me through back then, he still treated me a lot better than those so called friends of mine.”

Siwon walked into the room and sat down at the computer chair. “What happened yesterday, Uki? It was all in English and I had a hard time keeping up with what you were yelling.”

“I don’t wanna talk about it, Siwon. It’s over and done with. Just leave it be.” I leaned in and swiped my lashes with my mascara brush next.

Siwon sighed. “You know, it breaks my heart when you don’t tell me these things. I’m your older brother. I’m supposed to be here for you, no matter what.”

I looked up at him through the mirror. “Siwon, I love you, you gotta know that. And we have one of the closest relationships I’ve ever seen among an older brother and sister. But sometimes, when something like what happened yesterday happens, you just gotta learn to stay out of it. I mean, you didn’t even know the guy. So just leave it be, okay?”

He frowned for a second and sighed again. “I suppose I have to respect your wishes. But if and when you feel ready to vent about it, I’m here.”

I smiled at him. “I know.”

He stood up and headed to the doorway. “I’ve gotta radio interview with Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, Yesung, and Eunhyuk today, so we probably won’t be back ‘till later. Stay outta trouble ‘till then?”

“No guarantees,” I responded, beginning to mess with my bangs.

“Uki…” he said, a hint of warning in his voice.

I looked up at him and gave him a full cheesing smile. “Don’t worry, Siwon. If anything happens, I give you full permission to beat up Donghae for me.”

He smirked then the missing chunk of the wall I made yesterday. “Not that you’re not perfectly capable of doing so yourself.”

I smiled again and began curling my hair.