Birthday Announcements~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

"C’mon, c’mon, c’mon! Uki, Alex, hurry up and get ready!” Donghae yelled.

“Yah! Calm down! We’re almost done!” I yelled back. I looked back to Alex. “Alright, Alex, beautiful as usual.”

“Thanks, Uki!” she responded happily.

She just smiled at me, looking in the mirror. Her hair and makeup was pretty much the same as when she had first announced to the guys that she was actually a girl. However, Donghae and Hangeng were making us dress up. Formal attire. As in, we are wearing dresses and they are wearing tuxes. C’mon guys, it was just my birthday! The Queen of England isn’t coming to visit or anything, so why are we getting so dressed up?! I sighed as I slipped into my strapless red dress that fanned out in ruffles, stopping a little above mid-thigh. I just couldn’t decide on shoes! Black stilettos? Yeah, I’m likin’ that idea. I slipped the shoes on and took one look in the mirror.

I did my makeup the same way I did Alex’s simply because I liked the way the smokey look looked on me. The only thing that marred it was that damn bruise! It’s faded a bit, but now it was just a dark purple. At least it shrunk. It’s only a little crescent now, barely hitting my cheekbone like it had before. My hair was in a series of wavy curls that cascaded down my bare shoulders, my bangs hanging loosely on my forehead. I’m totally diggin’ my look at the moment. Especially my hair! Usually it never wants to cooperate! After applying some lip gloss, I turned to look at Alex, who was in a hug-the-body black dress made of the same material as my dress. I really liked her dress. It looked beautiful on her! It made her legs look so long since it stopped a little above mid-thigh as well and since it was a single strapped dress, it drew eyes to her amazing bone structure. I’m not gonna lie. Alex looked hot! xD

“Now then, shoes,” I said. “Do you want regular heels, ankle breakers, or stilettos?”

She laughed and said, “I’m already a thousand feet tall. I think just some regular heels will do.”

I laughed at her and handed her a pair of black pumps with lace fringe. Oh man, I was about to steal her outfit! It was just so dang cute! I smiled as she slipped the shoes on.

“Okay, ready?” I asked.

“Mhm,” she said with an eager nod.

We finally made our way out of the room. Donghae and Hangeng stood there, looking quite dashing in their classic black tuxes, their jaws to the ground in shock.

“You guys look absolutely gorgeous,” Donghae said.

I smiled. “Oh, we know it,” I said with a wink.

The guys laughed as they helped us into our coats.

“So where are we going?” I asked.

“That’s a surprise,” Donghae responded, kissing me lightly on the lips. “Mmm…Cherry lip gloss? I’m likin’ it.”

“Donghae!” I said with a laugh, lightly hitting his chest.

I looked over to see Hangeng was saying the same stuff to Alex that Donghae was saying to me. I looked at Alex and we both smiled, rolling our eyes. These guys were complete dorks. But they were our dorks<3

~~~~

NowI see why they made us dress up! For my birthday dinner, they rented out a private room in an expensive restaurant. It was the kind where the people frowned at you and shunned you if you weren’t dressed up. The moment the waiter pulled the sliding door back, everyone yelled, “Happy birthday, Uki!”

I laughed and accepted hugs from everyone, even Jiwon. She had a smile on her face for some odd reason. Maybe she was finally accepting the fact that I’m trying to be nice to her? …Nahh, that’s not like Jiwon. Somethin’s going on, but I’m gonna ignore it ‘cause it’s my nineteenth birthday, beeshes!(:<

“Dang Uki, Alex, you guys look hot!” Heechul exclaimed, making it a point to look us up and down.

Alex and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes, hitting him simultaneously.

“I can’t believe my baby is finally twenty!” my mom cried, coming up and hugging me.

“Mo-om!” I complained, scrunching my face.

“I’m getting so old! I no longer have any teenage kids!” she kept crying.

Everyone laughed at her as I said, “Mother! I’m still only nineteen! Unless we miraculously move back to Korea, you’re still stuck with a teenage daughter for another year.”

“Yeah, the most annoying teenage girl I’ve ever met,” Siwon said with a laugh, coming up and hugging me as well. “Happy birthday, Uki.”

I just smiled. “Aww, thank you!”

“Can we eat now? I’m starvingggggggggg~” someone said.

I looked up to see Sungmin pouting as usual. Aww. I love that guy<3

Donghae pulled a gentleman move and pulled my chair out for me. I smiled at him and sat down carefully as Hangeng did the same with Alex. I looked around at who was all here. Well, all of Super Junior of course, and my parents and Jiwon, who…Was sitting beside Leeteuk.

Of course she was.

I just tore my gaze away and looked at Alex, who was sitting on my right while Donghae was on my left and Hangeng was on Alex’s right. My parents and Siwon were sitting across from me while Leeteuk was sitting next to Jiwon on Siwon’s right. Everybody else was kind of dispersed along the table as the waiters brought out the food. Steak for my birthday dinner with lobster and caviar? I am loving this.

“Do you think they’re finally together?” Donghae whispered in my ear, leaning closer to me.

I looked at Leeteuk and Jiwon, who were sitting there flirting, feeding each other and wiping each other’s mouths with their napkins. It’s been four days since the incident on the roof, and since then, I’d been playing the secret peacekeeper between him and Donghae. Nobody else in the house knew about what happened, and I thought it best to keep it that way. However, I’d also noticed that the flirtatious tendencies between Leeteuk and Jiwon had escalated since that night and I couldn’t tell if he was being serious about it or just trying to tick me and Donghae off. I honestly think it’s the latter.

“I’m not sure,” I whispered back.

“Yah, you two! Quit being romanticists for a second! We’ve got somethin’ to say!” a voice said, startling me and making me jump.

Everyone laughed as I started turning pink. Donghae smiled at me, giving my knee a reassuring squeeze. Heechul stood up. Of course he’d be the one to interrupt my so-called “romanticist” moment.

“I haven’t been here too long with Uki since I’d been in China for the majority of her stay, but from what I’ve seen so far, I know that she’s been taking good care of you boys,” Heechul started out saying.

Aww! Since when did he turn so sweet?!

“Despite all the lustful guys going after her, she’s kept her cool which is a pretty hard thing to do, living with boneheads like us,” he continued. I laughed at him. “She never complained, she never gave up, and she always worked, even though she was so sick she could barely even walk. And I know I don’t say this often, but I wanna thank you, Uki, from me and the guys. The stuff you’ve done for us, both past and present, is so greatly appreciated, we can’t even begin to show our gratitude. Alex, don’t think we forgot about you, either.”

I turned to Alex to see that she was already starting to turn pink. Hangeng gave her hand a reassuring squeeze as Heechul said, “Alex, you’re crazy. Absolutely and totally crazy. You come in here pretending to be a guy for the first six months of your stay. You put up with how horribly we treated you. You’ve gone to the hospital for us. And before Uki came, you did all the cooking, the cleaning, the taking care of us when we were sick. And I admit, we all took your for granted when you first came, but you were a guy back then! We didn’t think you’d need to hear it! But now that you’re a girl again, I wanna take the time to thank you as well. And once Uki leaves, be prepared to go crazy, being the only girl in the house again.” He ended his heartwarming thank you with a sly wink directed at both of us.

Only Heechul, I swear.

Alex looked at me. I smiled and nodded, standing up with her.

“Well, since Heechul was so nice enough to speak up for all of you,” I started.

“We would also like to thank you guys,” Alex finished.

“You have no idea how much I look forward to my yearly visits,” I continued. “I come here and everything feels so relaxed and comfortable and I never have to worry about anything ‘cause you guys are so genuine. The whole cooking and cleaning thing? I don’t mind doing it for you guys ‘cause I see how hard you work on a daily basis. Running your sites, managing your schedules, taking care of you guys, I like doing that stuff, which is why I continue doing so. You guys worry about me doing all the work, but when in reality? If I hated doing it, I would have quit a long time ago, trust me on that one. But anyway, I just wanna say thank you to all of you for being such good big brothers to me.”

“And on that note, I like doing what I do, too,” Alex continued. “Although I get a little irritated when you guys take me for granted, I don’t complain because, just like Uki, I see how hard you guys work and it wouldn’t be fair not to help out in any way I can. You guys are the best friends ever and although I don’t say it enough, I love you guys.”

“Ooo! I second that!” I chimed in with a smile.

The guys just awed and I just laughed.

“Alright, alright, enough with these mushy gushy confessions! Ay, Kyuhyun! Wanna pick up where we left off?” I asked, giving him an evil smirk and a sly wink.

~~~~

I never thought I’d say this, but I definitely wanted to come back here for future birthdays. I loved being surrounded by the guys! They were so crazy, but I loved it! After Kyuhyun had declined my offer, Hangeng said, “I’ll take on the challenge! I’ve been wanting to see what you were all about.”

I just smirked. “Well, if you honestly insist.”

“Yah, hyung, don’t do it!” Kyuhyun warned. “Uki can drink!

“Ehh, I’ll take my chances,” he said, motioning for the waiter to bring out some rounds of soju.

I just shook my head at his childish thoughts. “None for me, thanks. Give the weaker drinkers some soju. I’d like myself a couple bottles of Hennessy and Patrone please.”

Hangeng gave me a low whistle. “I thought we’d start out with something easier, but if you insist. Bring out the soju anyways. I’m sure there are others here who would prefer that over the stronger stuff.”

“Yah, Hangeng! Uki can drink, so don’t be making any bets unless you wanna pay up!” Alex warned.

I laughed. “It’d be best to listen to them,” I sang confidently.

“Hmm…Gettin’ a little confident there?” he asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders. “We’ll see.”

“Wait,” Jiwon said suddenly. “Uki, you’re younger than I am even and you’re gonna drink? Appa, umma, do you not see anything wrong with this?!”

My parents shrugged their shoulders.

“We can’t say we like the idea of it, but she is legal in Korea,” my mom said.

“However, we do strongly suggest that you don’t,” my dad said, giving me a stern glance.

“Daddy, I can handle alcohol very well. I take after you after all,” I said with a laugh.

They just sighed and shook their heads. Jiwon harrumphed and crossed her arms. “Good Christian girls wouldn’t drink, even if they are of legal age.”

I just smiled sarcastically at her. “Well you see now? There’s the difference between you and I. I’m not good nor am I a Christian girl.”

“Now, now, none of that,” my mom interrupted.

“Hey, Uki, switch seats with Eunhyuk,” Hangeng said, hoping to avoid a confrontation between Jiwon and I.

Eunhyuk got up and we switched seats so now I was sitting across from Hangeng, the waiter setting the bottles of Hennessy and Patrone in between us. Hangeng handed me a shot that he so skillfully poured then went around handing everyone else a shot, too. Alex, my parents, and Jiwon all declined. I pouted at Alex.

“Alex, c’mon! It’s my birthday!” I said.

“I don’t think so,” she said. “The last time I drank, I ended up with a ruined shirt.”

“Alex! At least take a shot of the soju. It’s not that bad, compared to the Hennessy at least.”

“Yah! Why are you tainting my little sister like that?!” Donghae asked, giving me a look.

“Maybe because she’s older than I am and she doesn’t like drinking?! That’s not normal!” I responded.

“It’s perfectly normal!” Donghae defended.

“Yah! Just shut up and take your shots!” Heechul interrupted.

We all raised our shots in the air and said, “Cheers!”

We all downed it in one go. Hangeng looked at me. “Another?”

I rolled my eyes at him. “Oh please. I’m just gettin’ started.” I grabbed the bottle from him and poured myself another shot and as the night grew on, it became an unspoken contest between Hangeng and I. Eventually, I grew tired of the tiny glasses and downed three quarters of a bottle in one go. The other guys had quit drinking by now, more immersed in the contest between me and Hangeng. Hangeng looked at me, a new appreciative look in his eyes.

“Impressive,” Hangeng said with a smile on his face.

He took the bottle from my hands and downed the last quarter of it. Alex scrunched her face.

“I can’t even handle one shot of the stuff and you guys are sitting here drinking it as if it were water!” she exclaimed.

A smile spread across my face. I was just now feeling the familiar warmth spreading over me as I was starting to feel a bit buzzed. I was impressed by Hangeng. Not one single person has been able to keep up with me as well as he had. And Kyuhyun beat him? Impossible! Donghae looked at me.

“Are you done yet?” Donghae asked.

I looked at the eight empty Hennessy bottles and three empty Patrone bottles that had been split between Hangeng and me on the table. Then I just tilted my head and smiled, saying, “Yeah, I think so. You Hangeng?”

He just laughed. “I suppose. I must admit, you’re quite the drinker. So it’s a tie?”

I scrunched my face and laughed. “A tie? I don’t think so. We’ll pick it up some other time.”

“Well, it’s close to one in the morning. Anyone feel like going home yet?” Eunhyuk asked.

Everyone just kind of murmured agreement but Leeteuk stood up and said, “Can you guys sit for just a second? I have somethin’ to say and I wanted you all to be the first to know.” Everyone remained quiet and sat still to listen to what Leeteuk had to say. Then he just smiled. “Um, well…I just thought you guys should know I finally found myself a girl. One of the most amazing girls out there if I might add.”

Everyone whooped and hollered for him, but I and Donghae frowned slightly, knowing where this was going.

“Um, well…Jiwon and I are kind of a thing now,” he said with a coy smile on his face. Then he looked directly at me. “I honestly think that she’s the right girl for me and I can’t imagine myself falling for anyone else ‘cause then that girl would be the wrong one for me.” I narrowed my eyes and grinded my teeth. Oh yeah. He was just ticking me off now.

Regardless of the fact that all the guys hated Jiwon, they all cheered anyway, happy that their hyung had finally found ‘The One.’ The One my . He was playing everybody, I just knew it! There was no way he had any serious feelings for her! Not when he practically my lips just the other night! But then again, there was the slight chance that he actually did like her and just wanted to see where things would lead to. If that was the case, then she better not break his heart ‘cause I’m sure that I’d break her face. He just kept smirking at me, even when he pulled Jiwon up and into a kiss. He kept his eyes and smirk on me the entire time. I just kept grinding my teeth. Nope! He’s still only trying to tick me off!

“And guys, I really am sorry that I came in here acting the way I did,” Jiwon said after she pulled out of the kiss, straightening her modest black dress. “I just wanna apologize and start fresh now that Jungsu oppa and I are together.”

Everyone halfheartedly agreed as I stood up, raising a glass to them. “I wanna be the first to say congratulations,” I said with a smile on my face, “and that I hope you guys really do last since she’s the right girl for you.” I turned my gaze to Jiwon. “You better take care of him. He’s a great guy and deserves the best. To Leeteuk and Jiwon!”

Everyone cheered, raising their own glasses as well. Leeteuk looked at me, shocked by my reaction I’m sure. I just drank my water, a smirk playing on my lips. You weren’t gonna get to me that easily, Park Jungsu. I can see right through your ridiculous act. And don’t think that I’m gonna hesitate to retaliate either.