Challenges~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Alex’s POV~

“Kyuhyun, are you free today?” Uki asked over her plate of scrambled eggs and rice.

She was an odd child when it came to food. She ate rice with everything, no matter what meal, no matter what food. She always had rice. I mean, I loved rice as much as the next Asian, but how can someone eat that much rice and not get sick of it?

“I am actually,” Kyuhyun replied, sipping his milk.

“Good! You and I are hanging out today, m’kay?” she asked.

I rolled my eyes. Kyuhyun, you better say no or I will kill you.

“Sure thing. We should go out to eat,” Kyuhyun responded.

-__-

“Ugh. Eating is so overrated.” Then she paused, an evil glint entering her eyes. “I heard you were the heaviest drinker of the group.”

Kyuhyun smiled a little. “I don’t wanna brag or anything, but I can definitely out drink everyone sitting here at this table. Why, wanna have a drink sometime?”

“Yah! Uki, you’re only eighteen!” Siwon protested.

“I’m nineteen over here, and last time I checked, I can legally purchase alcohol. And if I can purchase it, I’m pretty sure I can drink it,” she replied smugly.

Kyuhyun laughed his evil maknae laugh. “Well, you wouldn’t be able to keep up anyway. Everyone’s tried out drinking me at some point or another. S’never gonna happen.”

Uki smiled at him. “Wanna put that to the test?”

“Sure thing! Let’s head out to my favorite bar tonight,” he responded.

“Oh man, oh man, I wanna be there to see this!” Ryeowook exclaimed, happily eating his udon.

“Yeah! Uki trying to out drink Kyuhyun? I gotta see this,” Eunhyuk said, smiling his full smile.

“Aish! Don’t encourage this! Uki, we all know that Kyuhyun is a good drinker. No need to put this to the test. Why don’t you guys just go out to eat at a nice little restaurant, huh? I’ll even pay for the whole meal,” Siwon said, trying his best to dissuade their drinking plans tonight.

I was fuming inside. I know what happens when Kyuhyun goes over his drinking limit and if Uki is challenging him, he’ll no doubt go over it tonight. My lips hurt just thinking about the last time he had gotten drunk. C’mon, Siwon, talk them out of it!

“Siwon, for the past two times I’ve hung out with the members, I’ve always gone out to eat. Why not have a little fun and just all go out for a drink together?” Uki asked, smiling at him.

“Oh I dunno, maybe because alcohol is bad for you?!” Siwon responded. He looked pleadingly to Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun, please decline her offer.”

“Sorry, hyung, but she challenged me. You know how I am about these things. I can’t turn down a challenge,” Kyuhyun responded.

“You both are so annoying,” Siwon said. Then he let out a sigh. “If you guys are going out drinking tonight, there’s no way I’m letting you go alone.”

Wow, Siwon, you officially at talking people out of anything.

“Good! I think all of you should come join us to see Kyuhyun epically lose this challenge!” Uki said excitedly.

“Let’s make this a little more interesting, shall we?” Kyuhyun proposed.

“How so?” Uki asked, a look of interest crossing her face.

“If you win…I’ll be your servant for a month,” Kyuhyun said.

“Oh, I’m liking where this is heading,” Uki said delightedly. “And if you win?”

“You switch rooms with Henry,” he said.

“Yes! Hyung, you better win!” Henry exclaimed happily.

Sungmin laughed. “Oh, yes, you better win because it will be most fun living next to her.”

Please decline, please decline, please decline.

Uki looked uncertain but she was definitely not fazed. She reached her hand across the table, shaking Kyuhyun’s hand, and, with uncertain confidence, said, “It’s a deal.”

Eff.

Siwon’s POV~

As we entered Kyuhyun’s favorite bar, Old Town, in the Itaewon district, mixed feelings were going through my mind at once. I didn’t really like the idea of Uki drinking at such a young age, but there was no way that I was going to let her go out drinking alone with just the guys without a responsible pair of eyes watching over her. Did she drink back in the States? Is that why she’s drinking over here, too? And what makes her think that she can out drink Kyuhyun of all people? I mean, maybe she might be able to out drink me since I have such a low tolerance for alcohol, but Kyuhyun? Really now?

Uki smiled. “I’m lovin’ this atmosphere!”

Kyuhyun threw his arm around her shoulders and said, “Good! C’mon. Time for me to win our bet.”

“Don’t get your hopes up too high!” she responded.

We somehow managed to convince everyone—even Alex, who hates the idea of bars—to come out tonight, but I secretly think that the only reason why everyone wanted to join was to see Kyuhyun lose. Trust me. Everyone has tried to beat Kyuhyun, but it just can’t be done. We all found a table big enough to fit everyone, Kyuhyun and Uki sitting across from each other. A waitress came to our table, visibly shaking.

“H-h-h-hi,” she stammered.

Poor thing.

“I-I-I’m Jae, and I’ll be yo-your waitress for the evening,” she continued.

Kyuhyun smiled at her. “Jae, can we get some rounds of soju please?”

Uki looked disgusted. “Get the pansies some soju. Get some of the more experienced drinkers some Patrone, Hennessy, and Vodka, please.”

Ryeowook let out a low whistle. “Starting out with the heavy stuff so early in the day?”

Uki looked at Kyuhyun with an ‘oh you know it’ look, and then turned her evil smile toward Kyuhyun. “If oppa can’t keep up so early in the game, why don’t you just quit while you’re ahead?”

Everyone started laughing, teasing Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smiled. “I just thought we’d start out with some lighter stuff for your sake, but yeah, go ‘head. Bring out the heavier stuff.”

Jae bowed respectively. “R-right away, oppa.”

After she left, Uki looked at Kyuhyun. “Ya’ know, it’s not too late to back out now,” she said in a sing-song voice.

“Don’t you dare back out, hyung! I want my room back!” Henry exclaimed.

Kyuhyun laughed. “Oh don’t worry, Henry. I’ll win your room back, just for you. And just for Sungmin’s own entertainment, I’ll make Uki move into Kangin’s room.”

“Thank youu, Kyuhyun,” Sungmin said, rubbing his hands together mischievously.

Uki rolled her eyes at him. “Sungmin, you’ll never get the satisfaction of annoying me anymore than you already do now. Sorry to break it to you.”

And then Jae came back, a platter of shots in her hand. Another waiter behind her had numerous bottles of Patrone, Hennessy, and Vodka in his hands. Oh man, I just knew Uki was gonna get sick tonight.

“Thanks, Jae,” Uki said, smiling brightly at her.

“You’re welcome, unnie,” Jae responded, bowing her head then turning to leave.

I noticed a dark look entered Uki’s eyes. “I swear, if another girl that is obviously older than I am calls me unnie one more time, someone’s goin’ to the hospital with a broken jaw tonight.”

“Oh just shut up and take your shots!” Kyuhyun yelled, already downing one shot and reaching for another.

The table watched raptly as Uki downed two in one go…without a chaser.

O__O

Impressive. I couldn’t even do that.

Kyuhyun was also surprised. “I’m impressed.”

Uki had already downed a third when she said, “Oh, everyone always is.”

As the challenge went on, growing more and more intense, I noticed that everyone at the table was more immersed with the bet than to actually drink for themselves. Uki and Kyuhyun had gone through the entire platter of shots already, just between the two of them, and were now pouring themselves new shots. Uki, getting impatient with the tiny shot glasses, took the Patrone bottle and flipped the cap, drinking straight from the bottle. And she didn’t even look fazed! Wteff?!

She had already downed half the bottle before setting it back on the table. She looked at Kyuhyun with a victorious smile. The only thing that gave away the fact that she had been drinking at all tonight were her slightly flushed cheeks.

Kyuhyun looked at her, eyes a little unfocused. “How in the world?”

“I told you not to underestimate me,” she said, not slurring a single syllable.

“Oh, she’s good,” Eunhyuk said.

“I think that we just found the new top drinker of the house,” Donghae announced.

Uki smiled, but Kyuhyun said, “I don’t think so. It’s not over yet.” He took the bottle from Uki and downed the rest of the bottle of Patrone and smiled triumphantly at Uki.

Uki shrugged her shoulders, unimpressed, and motioned for the unopened bottle of Hennessy. “Shall we?”

~~~~

Six bottles of Hennessy, three bottles of Patrone, and two bottles of Vodka later, Kyuhyun was all up on EVERYBODY, while Uki was just now starting to slur her words. 

“Hyung! Hyung, I love you!” Kyuhyun was yelling at Ryeowook, wrapping his arms around his neck and shoulders. “Don’t you love me?”

“Yah, Kyuhyun! Get a grip!” Ryeowook yelled, trying to push Kyuhyun off of him onto Yesung or Eunhyuk, but neither would take him.

Uki stood up, losing her balance. Donghae and I grabbed both of her elbows, steadying her before she crashed to the floor. She looked up at me. “Aww, thankssssssoppaa,” she slurred slightly. Her breath reeked of liquor.

“Are you drunk? Like…At all?” Eunhyuk asked her, looking quite impressed.

“I’ve never been drunk before in my life, and thissswass nothing compared to what I’d drink in the Statessssss,” Uki said, her words still mashing up together.

“How can that even be possible?” Sungmin asked, looking at the numerous empty liquor bottles at our now abandoned table. “You practically drank an entire liquor store!”

“Ehh. I have a high tolerance for alcohol. I s’possse I get it from mmmmymmmmotherrr,” she answered, leaning her head on Donghae’s shoulder. “I do, howeverr, have a ridiculousssssheadache.”

“Gimme the keys,” I said, motioning my hands for her car keys.

She pulled out her keys and handed them to me, saying, “Pleassssedon’t wreck my baby. If you do, you owe me 70,000 dollarsssfer a new one.”

“Seventy grand?! How in the world did a student like you afford such a thing?!” I exclaimed. I wasn’t able to have gotten myself something like that until a year after Super Junior’s debut!

“Lessssjussst say daddy likessssstassspoil mee,” she answered, laughing giddily.

I sighed and let go of her arm. She opened her arms to Donghae and pouted.

“Oppa, can you carry me, pleasee?” she asked, batting her eyes.

Donghae smiled happily at her. “Oppa would love to.”

She threw her arms around his neck and he picked her, carrying her bridal style. She laid her head on his shoulder, fitting perfectly into the crook of his neck, and closed her eyes.

“You smellll nice, oppaa,” she mumbled happily, a small smile on her lips.

Donghae laughed and carried her into the car. “Just for you, Uki.”

She kissed him on the cheek and murmured, “I love you, Donghae.”

I looked back at them along with Leeteuk, Sungmin, and Alex. Donghae was grinning from ear to ear, looking like he was about ready to jump for joy. But all he did was let out a small laugh and said to her, “I love you, too, Uki.”

I was about to say something, but instead, I just smiled. I was happy for my little sister to have found someone like Donghae. Granted, he put her through hell back then, but if she’s found the heart to forgive him now, she obviously loves him very much. Besides, Donghae was a good guy. Sweet, caring, and the romantic sap of the group. And with her dating him, I was able to keep an eye on the two of them, just to make sure that they didn’t do anything that they weren’t supposed to. I climbed into the driver seat as Donghae laid Uki in the back seat, her head in his lap and her legs stretching over Sungmin and Leeteuk’s lap. Alex climbed huffily into the passenger seat. I gave her a look.

“Everything alright?” I asked her, turning the key in the ignition.

“Oh, everything’s just fine and dandy,” she replied moodily, looking out the window.

Call it big brother’s intuition, but I don’t think everything was just fine and dandy.

Alex’s POV~

UKI=DEAD.

 

Picture totally did not relate, but I thought it was cute. xD