Battles~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Hangeng’s POV~

“Hi, we’re here to meet up with Lee Soo-man?” Leeteuk said, taking charge as usual.

“Ah, yes, right this way,” the receptionist said.

She looked familiar.

I’m pretty sure she was Uki’s old assistant. And I’m pretty sure that she was leading us into Uki’s old office.

She knocked slightly on the door and after a gruff “Come in” she opened it and said, “Super Junior is here to see you, sir.”

She motioned for us to go in. As I looked around, I nodded to myself.

It was Uki’s old office.

The guys and I examined the room. There were two couches set perpendicular to each other in front of the desk and three armchairs set perpendicular to the other side of the couch as well. We all took our seats and waited for him to look up at us from the papers he was scribbling something on. For some reason, it kind of made me angry to see him sitting in Uki’s old seat acting as if he belonged there. I tensed when he looked up at us finally, but Leeteuk, who was on my right, gave me a look to let me know I needed to calm down. Donghae, who was on my left, also tensed.

“Welcome,” he said, a smile on his face.

Looking at him, he didn’t seem like the kind of monster that he really was. He was a short man with a less than intimidating face and when he smiled, he looked like a friendly old man. But that was just a front. The man was horrible to everyone around him, there was no denying it.

“Good morning, sir,” we all greeted.

“So I’m sure you’re wondering why I have called you all down here today. But I’m pretty sure you know all about it. It’s to get this pesky little lawsuit outta the way. Whatta you say?” he asked with a fake smile on his face.

Oh I’ll tell you what I’ve got to say you little…

“With all due respect, sir, I don’t think it’s the best decision on Hangeng’s part to have this meeting without his lawyer present,” Leeteuk spoke up.

“Leeteuk, is this lawsuit centered around you? I don’t think so. This is between Hangeng and I,” Soo-man said with a deadly glare.

Leeteuk bit his lip and bowed his head slightly in apology. “My apologies, sir.”

Soo-man let out a huffy breath and returned his look to me. “So, Hangeng, whatta you say? Let’s make this pesky little annoyance disappear?”

My face hardened into a mask as I said, “Only if the outcome is my contract becoming null and void.”

His face soured and he instantly frowned. Oh great. Here we go. “Hangeng, come on now. Haven’t we always done a lot for you? We put you into one of South Korea’s best bands, we treated you as though you’ve lived here your entire life—”

“Oh bull!” I heatedly exclaimed. “For the first few months I was here, you wouldn’t let me perform on stage or anything! You didn’t want me talking during interviews, you didn’t want to draw attention to myself, you just didn’t want me to be part of the band!”

“Hangeng! Calm down,” Leeteuk hissed, yanking my arm and pulling me back to the couch.

I hadn’t even realized that I had stood up.

Soo-man frowned again. “I see. So you’re not going to let this go without a fight, eh?”

“If I didn’t want a fight, I wouldn’t have started one in the first place,” I responded. I hated being in this place. I hated this man sitting in front of me. I hated this whole lawsuit in general! I just wanted it to be over already!

“Well, then, I see you’ve made your decision,” Soo-man said. He cleared his throat. “This of course means that there will be no more Super Junior M. Henry, Zhou Mi, you’re being dropped.”

My mouth dropped in anger and surprise.

“What?! NO!” Leeteuk yelled, standing up with the rest of the guys, protesting in anger.

“Quiet!” Soo-man growled angrily. They all went quiet reluctantly. “Sit. Down.

After a lot of teeth grinding and balled fists, everyone sat down unwillingly.

“Sir, you can’t do this!” Leeteuk exclaimed. “Henry and Zhou Mi worked hard to earn their spots in Super Junior. You can’t just drop them like that!”

“With Hangeng gone, there is no more leader for Super Junior M, meaning that there shall be no more Super Junior M,” Soo-man responded. “This is not my decision, it’s Hangeng’s.”

I grinded my teeth so hard, I thought they’d break. I balled my fists and shook my head, my breath becoming uneven in the fury and rage I felt. I looked over to Henry and Zhou Mi, who both went as white as sheets, the look in their eyes uncertain. It broke my heart to see them like that, but I couldn’t back down in this lawsuit. I just couldn’t!

“You can’t do that!” Donghae protested angrily. “They have contracts here, too! If you cut them, you’re gonna be facing two new lawsuits!”

“I won’t be facing anything because of the fact that their contracts are with Super Junior M, not Super Junior itself. If Super Junior M dissolves, there is no more group for them to be in,” Soo-man responded, leaning back in his chair, hands clasped in front of him.

“All because the leader is gone?!” Leeteuk exclaimed. “What about when I go off to the military, huh?! Are you gonna disband Super Junior until I get back?!”

“Now that is an entirely different story. You are not leaving the company, you are leaving to do your two years’ service to the country. You’ll be back, so there is no need to do anything about Super Junior.”

“But Kibum left to go pursue his acting career. We didn’t fall apart after that either!” Eunhyuk interjected.

“But he is not the leader. There is no need to disband because of him either,” Soo-man stated simply.

“To Hell with leaders!” Leeteuk exclaimed again. I could tell that he was on the verge of punching something. When it came to the guys, Leeteuk goes beyond protective. “Being the leader of the group is just a title! It means nothing! If I were to leave right now, there are fourteen others who could take my place just as easily! The only reason why you’re stressing the leader crap is because you’re just looking for a reason for Hangeng to back out. It’s despicable that you would stoop as lowly as to use guilt to win your argument, despite the fact that your argument is totally and completely WRONG!

“Hyung!” Henry piped up, pulling him down. “Hyung, it’s okay.”

“No, Henry, it’s not okay! You are not going to be kicked out of anything! You and Zhou Mi have both worked too hard to get here, have gone through too much. We won’t let you get kicked out,” Leeteuk responded fiercely.

“And what are you going to do to change my mind? I think the only thing that can be done at this point is if this whole pesky little lawsuit were to just…Oh, I dunno…Disappear?” Soo-man said with a smirk, making a *poof!* motion with his hands. 

“We’ll all quit singing. We’ll go on strike,” Donghae said, his mouth twisted in anger.

“Then you’d be in violation of your contracts, and I can get you into a big legal mess if you wanna go there,” Soo-man said smugly.

.

This guy was smart. He had this all planned out! He knew what my decision was gonna be. He knew it! That damned bastard! How could he put me in a position like this?! I didn’t wanna hurt Henry and Zhou Mi, nor did I want them to be kicked out, but I just couldn’t take being a part of this disgusting company anymore! How the hell did I get myself into this situation?!

“So, Hangeng,” Soo-man said, interrupting my mental babble and sitting up straight. “Have you changed your mind?”

I looked around at everybody. I didn’t know what to do! Okay, I was wrong, Alex, I couldn’t handle myself. I was in way over my head. I’m sorry! “I-I…” I shook my head sadly. “I’m really sorry, Henry, Zhou Mi, but—”

There was a knock on the door.

“Damn it, Hwa Young, what did I tell you about disturbing me in the middle of my meetings?!” Soo-man exclaimed angrily.

The door opened slightly and Hwa Young timidly walked in, her eyes cast to the ground. “I-I’m sorry, sir, but someone was here to see you and—”

“Oh just send them already!” he rudely interrupted.

Then, as if all my prayers were answered, I let out a HUGE sigh of relief as Uki walked into the room, a smug smile on her face. I noticed Soo-man’s eyes bugged, causing me to smile slightly.

“Hello, hello,” she said casually, walking in as if she’d been here the whole time. She walked right up to the desk and looked straight at Soo-man, steely determination in her eyes. “Did you miss me?”