Surprises~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

The car ride home was just AWKWARD. There was no other word to describe it. Of all the people to get stuck in a car with, I just had to get stuck with Sungmin! And Donghae. And Siwon. And Leeteuk. And Alex. I mean…WHAT. THE. EFF. I was driving, Alex in the passenger seat, and Donghae, Siwon, Sungmin, and Leeteuk taking up the seats in the back of the Escalade. Yes, my Escalade, although Siwon just loves to say that it was his. -__-

“So Uki, where’d you disappear off to during the shoot today?” Sungmin asked, giving me a playful smirk.

I shot death glares at him through the rearview mirror as I answered, “I had a little emergency to take care of.”

“Oh, I see. Hmm…”

I gave him one of those warning looks, telling him plainly to shut his mouth before I kill him.

Donghae started chuckling. “Who was that one girl that yelled ‘holy smokin’ abs, Sungmin!’?”

My eyes grew wide, so I just kept them on the road.

“Yeah, Uki, who was that?” Alex asked, giving me a sly smile. “I mean, you were just kinda sitting off to the side, you should’ve seen who it was.”

I saw her and Sungmin exchanging looks and laughing to themselves.

“Hmm…Not sure. Maybe it was just another fan girl,” I responded, also giving her one of those looks.

“I actually think it was—”

“Oh look, we’re home!” I interrupted Sungmin. I quickly pulled my car into my parking spot and shooed everyone out so I could ‘clean my car out a little bit.’ As soon as everyone got out and disappeared inside the house, I grabbed Sungmin by the collar and pulled him back, pushing him against the car.

“Well, Uki, do you really wanna continue our little battle we left unfinished at the sushi place?” he asked, giving me that smile of his. “If so, all you gotta do is ask.”

“You stop that!” I scolded, pointing my finger at him as if I were his mother. “Look, what happened back at the restaurant shall never be spoken of again, understood?”

“I suppose I can agree to that, but what happened at the shoot cannot be ignored,” he replied, giving me one of those half smiles/half smirks of his.

“Sungmin!” I exclaimed, a pleading expression on my face.

“Uki!” he responded, laughing at this point.

“Ugh! You just live to irritate me!” Then I stood there for a moment and when I saw that he wasn’t gonna budge his decision, I stamped my foot and yelled, “Have fun starving for the next two months then!”

~~~~

For the rest of the night, I ignored him. I was not going to let that child get under my skin. As I was chopping the vegetables for the stir fry I was making that night, everyone was chatting in the living room or watching TV. What surprised me, though, was that Siwon came into the kitchen and offered to help me.

I just looked at him. “Oppa, it’s okay, I promise. I like cooking, remember?”

“Yeah, but cooking for fifteen guys is a big task,” Siwon responded, “and I don’t wanna kill you so much with it.”

I smiled. “Well, in that case, sure. Chop these vegetables, just like I’m cutting them now, got it?”

Siwon nodded and went to the sink to wash his hands, chopping the vegetables. They were a little bit smaller than the way I had cut them, but I decided to just look away and not let my OCD take over.

“So tell me,” Siwon said, “what’s your latest status?”

“Status?” I asked, looking at him, confused. “As in, like…Facebook status?”

“No, idiot, as in social status. I mean, how’s life been?”

I thought for a second. “Ehh. I can’t complain I suppose.” Yes I can. “Life’s been good.”No it hasn’t. “You?”

“Same old same old I suppose,” he responded.

I laughed and told him, “You at making small talk.”

He sighed. “Yeah, I know. I’m usually the listener. I never actually start a conversation. I just kinda…Go with it.”

“Well obviously.”

“You should come to church with us this Sunday,” he said out of the blue.

I rolled my eyes. Oh here we go again. Same old argument, I swear. “Siwon, I already told you, I’m not going. Like, ever.”

“Uki, why not? Please? It’ll mean a lot to me if you do.”

I put the sliced beef into the pan which began to sizzle and steam. I kept my gaze at the browning meat as I stirred with my wooden spoon and said, “I’m sorry, Siwon, but this just isn’t open for discussion. I’m not going and that’s final.”

He gave a heavy sigh. “You know that I’m not gonna force you, but like I said. It’ll mean a lot to me if you just at least give it a chance.”

“Siwon, my necklace explains everything, okay?” I still refused to look at him, but I could feel him staring.

“That necklace.” Then he went silent. “I remember when Dad gave that to you.”

“So do I. And I went through a lot to get it. I’m not about to give up all that I’d been struggling for just because it’ll make you happy. I know that sounds like a very selfish thing to say, but it’s true and I’m really sorry.”

He smiled at me and pushed the chopped vegetables into the pan. “It’s okay. Just thought I’d give it a shot.”

We just finished cooking the meal after that, talking about future Super Junior projects and future college plans. By the time I was finished, I didn’t feel like eating, so I just set the table, served out the food, and told them I was heading to bed.

“Aww, Uki, you’d make such a good wife,” Sungmin said, sitting down at the table, smirking/smiling at me. Oh he was just playing me at this point.

I glared. “Don’t start with me. And prepare to starve for the remainder of my stay.” I returned his smile/smirk.

“Now where have I heard that very same statement before?” he asked, mocking a thoughtful expression.

“Oh shut it.”

I headed off to my room and shut the door for the night.

~~~~

Henry’s POV~

I checked my watch as the taxi driver parked in front of the dorms. 3:32 A.M.? Maybe it’d be better if I just checked into a hotel for the night. I didn’t wanna wake anybody up at this late hour.

“Aish, are you gonna get out or not?” the taxi driver asked me.

“Yes sir, sorry,” I said, bowing my head slightly in apology.

I quickly exited the taxi and grabbed my numerous suitcases from the trunk. After shutting the trunk firmly and paying the driver, I managed to grab and roll all my suitcases into the building successfully. Hitting the elevator button on the other hand was an entirely different story. I looked around for someone to help, but sadly, there was none. I sighed and pushed the button with my nose like an idiot. Jeez. I’m glad there wasn’t anyone around here so they wouldn’t be able see how much of a loser I was. Rolling all my suitcases in, I propped them against the wall and hit floor fifteen. It took a few seconds, but finally, I was facing my familiar hallway.

Ahh, home~

After unlocking the door, I just dumped all my suitcases right there in the living room, shut and locked the front door, and headed straight to my room. But oh, what was this? Someone was sleeping in my bed! They had their back turned to me so I couldn’t quite tell who it was, but there was definitely someone curled in my blanket fast asleep. I walked closer and noticed long black hair. Eh? A girl? Man, Alex’s hair sure did get longer since I’d last seen her. Wasn’t she afraid that someone was going to find out about her secret? Ehh. Practically half the house knows now, so maybe she finally told everyone?

I sat at the edge of the bed and began shaking her shoulder. “Alex, wake up. Why are you in my room for? Go to your own room.”

She mumbled something at me and burrowed deeper into the blanket, covering her face. I sighed.

“Alex, this bed isn’t big enough for two people to sleep in it! C’mon, wake up! Go to your own room!” I said, shaking her shoulder harder.

She let out another annoyed groan and scooted to the wall, throwing the blanket over her head so all I could see was a mass of black hair on the pillow and her figure outlined in the blanket. I let out a big sigh and just rolled my eyes.

“Aish, this girl. If Donghae kills me tomorrow, I’ll kill you,” I said.

I changed into a pair of basketball shorts and a gray T-shirt and crawled into bed as well.

~~~~

Uki’s POV~

Why was it suddenly so warm in here? It’s always ridiculously cold. Hmm…That’s kinda odd.

I really wanted to wake up but I was just soooo tired. I ignored the feeling and just stayed asleep until I became hyper aware of someone’s arm around my waist. I threw my eyes open to come face to face with a sleeping guy whose face was only a couple of inches away from mine. I jumped almost a foot in the air, screaming at the top of my lungs, causing the stranger to wake up and fall out of bed.

I began throwing things at him, yelling at him to get out of the room.

“You creep! You ! You weirdo! What’re you doing in my room?!” I shrieked at him, picking up the desk lamp.

“You’re not Alex!” was all he yelled, dodging all the things I was throwing.

I was readying myself to throw the lamp when he yelled, “Yah!” and jumped up, knocking the lamp out of my hands and pinning me down.

“Get off of me!” I yelled, struggling to get him off.

He was sitting on top of me, pinning my arms above my head. “Who are you?! What are you doing in MY room?!”

“This isn’t your room, it’s mine!” I yelled back. “Now get off of me!”

“This is my room! WHO ARE YOU?!” he responded, tightening his grasp on my wrists.

The door burst open and all the guys came flooding in, Siwon at the head of the group.

His eyes bugged.

“HENRY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY LITTLE SISTER?!” he yelled at the top of his lungs.

SISTER?!” the guy that was on top of me, Henry, yelled.

“Oppa, get him off of me!” I yelled, still struggling to free myself.

“Yah!” Siwon rushed forward and picked Henry up off of me by the collar of his shirt with minimal strength required.

Leeteuk and Donghae came over and helped me up, asking if I was okay. I was shaking, either from fear or from rage…But mostly from fear. I couldn’t even get THAT little guy off of me?! What if I was attacked by, like, six guys?! WHAT WOULD HAPPEN THEN?! I really needa start working on my martial arts again because this was just UNacceptable.

Someone was laughing. “Dang Uki. First Donghae, then Leeteuk, and now Henry? Are you just making your way around ‘till you’ve hit all of Super Junior?”

I glared at him. “Not now, Sungmin. I’m so not in the mood.” I looked to the rest of the guys. “How come nobody told me that Henry was coming?!”

“Um, I specifically remember I told you,” Kyuhyun said, stepping up to the front of the group.

“No you didn’t!” I responded indignantly.

“Yeah, he did actually,” Leeteuk said. “Remember? It was that one day we watched Beauty and the Beast. He told you that he couldn’t hang with you ‘cause he had to get things ready for Henry’s arrival.”

“What did you have to get ready for me?” Henry asked, still shrinking slightly from Siwon’s death glare.

“Oh, I set up Kangin’s room for you since Uki was taking this one up…But I guess I kinda forgot to tell you about it,” Kyuhyun said, turning a little pink. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at me apologetically. “Sorry, Uki.”

I let out a groan and looked to the heavens. “Why me? Why does this always happen to me? I’m a good person! I do good deeds. I don’t hurt people intentionally. I run my own charities.”

I continued grumbling to myself as I headed to the bathroom, shaking my head at anyone who was trying to talk to me.

Welcome back, Henry<3

And this chapter was just for winterflowr 'cause she's up ridiculously early reading and commenting my story(x Pwahha. Thank youu!<3