Convincing~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

I managed to catch up to him right before he jumped in a cab.

“Uki, I just wanna be alone,” he said, trying to get into the cab.

He shut the door in my face and I sighed, running around and jumping in on the other side. “You do realize that cars have four doors, right?”

“Uki, I—”

“Driver, can you drive us to the park please?” I interrupted.

“Sure. Are you two fighting?” he asked, pulling out of the line of cars.

“So to speak,” I responded, clicking my seatbelt in place.

“It’s sad to see nice young couples fighting these days.”

I was about to correct him, but what’s the use? I just sighed and looked at Leeteuk. “I’m sorry that my sister is such a witch, oppa. You do deserve better.”

He suddenly grabbed my hand and refused to let go. He just looked at me. “Don’t you see that I know which girl is right for me?”

“I’m sorry,” I said, trying in vain to get my hand out of his grasp. “But…”

“But what? See, you can’t even come up with a good reason. The only reason why I got involved with Jiwon in the first place was because I thought it would get your attention.” He sighed. “Then I was being an idiot and actually fell for her.”

“But why?” I asked, still trying to get him to let go of my hand, but the more I struggled, the tighter his grip became. I let out a breath and gave up. My hand was starting to hurt.

“She reminded me too much of you,” he said simply, looking out the window.

“Leeteuk, you needa forget about me already,” I said, sighing.

“That’s impossible. Trust me, I’ve tried.”

“Oh my Super Girl…”I looked at my phone. “Yebeoseyo?”

“Uki, where are you?! Is Leeteuk okay?” I heard Siwon’s voice ask.

“Yeah, he’s fine.” I took advantage of the moment and ripped my hand from his grasp, switching my phone to the right so he couldn’t grab hold of it again. “We’re heading to the park.”

“Do you want us to come get you?”

“Nahh. I think we’ll be fine. Where are you guys now?”

“Trying to figure out how in the hell we’re gonna get home. You have the keys, remember?”

I patted my pockets and smiled sheepishly. I forgot that I had dashed out of there with the keys to the Escalade. “Um…Donghae should have a spare.”

“What?! You gave him a spare key and not me?!

“Yah, Siwon! Quit acting like a three-year-old! I’ll talk to you later.” I quickly hung up on him to see Leeteuk looking at me. I gave him a suspicious look. “You okay?”

He opened his mouth to speak, but the cab driver said, “We’re here.”

Leeteuk and I exited the cab and I handed the driver two twenties for putting up with mine and Leeteuk’s argument the whole way there. I turned to see that Leeteuk was no longer standing behind me but now heading toward the fountain. Aish. He just can’t sit still! I quickly ran after him and sat down next to him on the fountain’s edge.

“Wanna tell me what this is all about?” I asked quietly.

He bit his lower lip and just gazed at the scene of little kids playing soccer and their happy parents chatting amongst themselves. “I’ve been thinking,” he said instead, “and I’ve come to the conclusion that maybe it is the best if I forget about you. But…It just can’t be done. Honestly, it can’t.”

“Leeteuk, look at me,” I said quietly. He lazily turned his eyes to look at me and I sighed. “You keep saying that I’m the right girl for you. But to be honest? I’m really not. Although Jiwon was a total for playing you like that, you had no idea how happy you looked while you with her. You smiled more, you laughed more, and you were just flat out happy. Just think about it, okay? If I were the right girl for you, why am I always the stem of your problems? Why are you always sad when you look in my direction? Why are you so miserable every time you think about me? The right girl for you should bring you joy and happiness. I’m obviously not that girl.”

“Uki, you don’t understand. The only thing that’s kept me sane this whole time was the prospect of seeing you when I woke up. Every time I think about you, a little voice goes off in my head telling me, ‘That’s the one for me. She’s the girl I wanna be with.’ Why am I sad every time I look in your direction? It’s because every time I do, I see Donghae there with you. I should be the one making you smile, making you laugh, making you blush. And it kills me knowing that I’m not the one but Donghae is. And I’ve decided that if he is the one that makes you the happiest, then…I’ll just wait. I’ll wait forever if I have to, ‘cause there’s no way I’m giving up on you any time soon.”

I just swallowed, saddened by his words. I need to do something to open his eyes. He needs to see that we can never work out, that there is a girl out there for him, but that girl just isn’t me. I sighed. I had no clue what to do. “Is there anything I can do to show you that I’m not that girl?”

Before I knew it, there was pressure on my lips once again, but this time…I didn’t push him away. He broke the kiss and looked at me. “Until the day comes that I don’t feel butterflies in my stomach or fireworks go off whenever I do that, you’ll always be the girl for me.”

 

Okay guys, so the end is near. Lol. And I'm toying with the idea of doing a sequel once this one ends. Yes, no, maybe? Feedback would be nice(: