The Verdict~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Donghae’s POV~

“So, Dr. Kim, what’s exactly wrong with her?” Siwon asked the doctor after he was finally done with Uki’s examination.

I was standing up, leaning against the counter. My arms were crossed, a slight frown on my face as I was awaiting his answer.

Dr. Kim sighed. “She’s just got a bad case of the flu is all. I suggest tons of fluids and lots of rest.”

Siwon chuckled and shook his head. “You obviously don’t know Uki. It’s impossible to get her to rest. She always has to be in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.”

“Well, if she has any desires of getting better quicker, I suggest a week of bed rest. Tie her down if you have to because if she doesn’t get the proper rest, I expect for the flu to stick around for at least two more months,” Dr. Kim informed.

“Two months?!” Siwon exclaimed.

Whoa. Maybe I will tie her down ‘cause I really don’t want her to be sick for two whole months!

“So…Any medicine for her to take?” Siwon asked.

“Just the usual. Theraflu might be the best for her if she doesn’t like physical medicine,” Dr. Kim responded.

Siwon nodded and showed him to the front door. I turned to Alex.

Two months?” I asked her incredulously.

“Well, maybe this will motivate Uki to stay in bed,” Alex said, shrugging her shoulders and straightening her glasses on her face.

“Oh please,” I said, rolling my eyes. “You know Uki. She can’t even stay still for one minute, let alone one week.

“Then talk her into it! I’m pretty sure that at this point, you’re the only one in the house who can talk her into doing anything. Just tell her to stay in bed and that if she doesn’t, you’ll…Ignore her for a week.”

I let out a dry laugh. “You obviously don’t know Uki. She’s quite good at the ignoring game.”

“Well just come up with something, ‘cause I really don’t want her to be going through with the flu for the next two months,” Alex said.

Siwon came into view, the corners of his mouth pulled down into a slight frown. “So. Whatta you think we should do?”

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “Find a way to make her rest I suppose. But I’m kinda scared. If someone broke in and hurt her last time, who’s to say it won’t happen again? I mean, our schedules are about to become crazy again and she’ll be home all alone.”

“You forget that I’m here, too,” Alex said, rolling her eyes at me. “I can always stay behind and watch over her.”

“Alex, if someone were to break in, do you honestly think you’d know how to defend yourself?” I asked, giving her a look.

“I totally could if I wanted to!” Alex responded indignantly. “The kitchen is full of knives! I’m sure I could think of something.

“Oh yeah, and if all else fails, you could always ask Ddangkoma to protect you guys, right?” I asked, rolling my eyes at her.

She stuck her tongue out at me indignantly.

Siwon shook his head in amusement and sighed. “Maybe I’ll just free up the rest of the week. My parents are coming by the end of this week anyway so she’ll just need someone to be with her for the time being.”

“But the only person that doesn’t have schedules at all this week is…” My words trailed as realization suddenly hit me. “Oh my goodness. You’re kidding me.”

Siwon shook his head, an amused smile on his face. “Oh the drama just gets better and better. Our dear Teukie is gonna be taking care of Uki for the week.”

~~~~

I’ll admit.

Even though I had reconciled with Leeteuk, I wasn’t thrilled at the prospect of him being alone with Uki for an entire week. I stared at my door, thoughts racing through my mind, my arm around Uki’s sleeping figure. I leaned my head back against the wall and sighed. I’d been sitting here for two hours. Two. Hours. And the thing was? I didn’t even know what I was thinking over. Don’t you just hate those moments? At least Uki’s finally gotten sleep like we all wanted her to. Ever since the doctor left, she’d been passed out since, probably in partly due to the Nyquil I slipped her since she refused to take medicine. Kekek. Don’t tell her I did that. Then she’d really kill me. ^^

There was a knock on the door. Um…?

“Come in,” I said softly, pulling my arm from around Uki and laying her down gently on the pillow.

Alex poked her head in. “Hey, Donghae. Lunch is ready if you wanna come eat.”

“I’m not hungry,” I responded.

Alex’s brows shot up as she came into the room and shut the door. “Not hungry? You? Not hungry? Are you sick, too?”

I let out a little laugh. “No, I’m just not hungry right now. I’ll eat in a little bit.”

“Well, oka—whoa! What happened in here? Did you and Uki get into a fight or somethin’?” Alex asked, her eyes roaming over all my stuff skewed across the floor that I’ve yet to clean up.

“Uki got into a fight, but it definitely wasn’t with me,” I said, a dark look entering my eyes.

Alex blinked for a second before realization dawned on her and she nodded slowly. Then her eyes traveled to the bed and her eyes widened for a second. She snapped her gaze back at me. “Donghae, did…?”

I shook my head, my fists clenching. “I don’t wanna think about it, nor do I wanna know. Because I have a feeling that if I do find out, I’ll probably go out there and kill him on the spot.”

Alex sat at the foot of the bed, a hand running through her short hair. “What doesn’t make sense to me is that she didn’t fight back. Do you really think that she would have ended up with that black eye if she would have fought back? I mean, she did do martial arts and whatnot and she still ends up with a black eye from someone who even I could probably beat up? That just doesn’t make sense.”

“That’s what I’ve been thinking, too. I wanna ask her about what happened between them, but I’m kinda scared to do so,” I said, staring at Uki stirring and mumbling something under her breath.

“Don’t pry her into telling you, Donghae. If the memories were horrible, I’m sure she’s kept them buried for a reason.”

“Hey Donghae, did another girl move in with us or something? I think the girls’ stuff in the bathroom has somehow multiplied if possible,” a voice said.

We looked up to see Zhou Mi poking his head in the door. Where has this guy been for the past twenty-four hours?! I just realized he hadn’t been here!

“Zhou Mi, where have you been?” I asked.

“I went and visited my family for the day, remember? My mom is sick again.” He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Is she okay?” I asked.

I know what it’s like to be in that situation.

“Yeah, she’s getting better,” Zhou Mi said with a little smile. “Any who, who’s this? Are you one of Uki’s friends?”

Alex let out a little laugh, the corners of pulling into an amused smile. “Hi, I’m Alex Seohae Lee. Donghae’s little sister.

“Whoa, Donghae, you have a little sister and a little brother? Both named Alex? That’s so weird,” Zhou Mi said with a laugh.

“Oh my goodness, you’re clueless!” I said with a laugh. “This is the Alex that’s been living with us. The ‘boy?’ Yeah, well she’s actually a girl. You missed the big revealing yesterday. Surprise!”

Zhou Mi looked confused for a second. “So wait. You’re actually a girl?

Alex nodded, laughing at the expression Zhou Mi was giving us.

“And you’ve been a girl the entire time you’ve stayed here, right?” he asked.

Alex nodded.

“Oh thank God! I thought I was going gay for a second there!” Zhou Mi exclaimed, letting out a sigh of relief.

And thanks to him, I was literally on the floor with Alex, laughing until our stomachs hurt. Oh Zhou Mi. You’re just too funny~ ^^

 

I love Zhou Mi! He's so cute!!<3 ^^