The Night Just Got Interesting...

Conceited With Love

 

When we arrived at the salon, they immediately took me to a chair and they beautifully did my hair. By the time they were done, it was already 7:42pm and party starts at 8:00pm. On the way home, my mom called me and asked me where I was and if I had chosen a dress for the night. When I hung up the phone, I couldn’t help but think of that jerk from earlier. 
“poor people? He called me poor?” I muttered.
“what?” youngbae asked.
“you remember that idiot from earlier?... he called me poor!”
Youngbae chuckled and I looked at him then back to the road.
“why are you laughing?! Its not funny!”
“is that what your thinking about?” he asked. “well… look at you… you do look poor with them sweats on”
“yea but… I don’t look THAT poor. I just look… comfortable that’s all.”
“well to rich people, what your wearing is considered poor…”
“seriously?... well then I guess some rich people don’t know comfortable…” I smiled. 
Before going home I had to drop off youngbae oppa because he had to get ready too. After that, I drove home. Arriving on the driveway, one of the chauffer’s came running as I got out of the car. Then two maids appeared at my side. The maids grabbed my dresses and the chauffer took my car to park it. I walked in another maid was standing there waiting to take my keys and coat. The mansion was decorated elegantly as I walked towards the grand room, where the party will be held. I told the maids to take my dresses and set them on my bed upstairs so my mom could help me choose which one to wear.  
“moooom! Daaaad! Im hooome!” I yelled as I walked in.
As I walked in the butlers and maids were making sure every last inch was perfect for tonight under the supervision of my parents and the coordinators. 
“hey honey! How did it go today?” my mom asked as I approached her not paying attention to me. 
“it was great… until I met this jerk.” I said rolling my eyes.
“what happened?” she asked still not looking at me.
“well… first of all he almost ran me over and he called me poor.” I said with my arms crossed.
My mom gasped when she heard me say that.
“how dare he call you poor- what are you wearing? That’s not what you wore earlier…” she said taking a closer look at me.
“its youngbae’s… he let me use them because my clothes from earlier were making me uncomfortable.”
“oh dear… no wonder he called you poor. Darling! Come look at your daughter!” she cried to my dad who was a few feet away from her.
Dad walked closer to us and when he saw me, he had a confused look on his face.
“honey…what are you wearing?” dad asked
“uh… clothes. What do you think they look like?” I asked sarcastically.
“youngbae has clothes like this?” my mom asked. “for a rich family himself… he sure has no taste in clothes…” my mom pondered.
“you guys are unbelievable… its comfort clothes. Get with the program please!” I said.
“alright alright…its almost time, please go get changed. I love your hair by the way honey.” Dad commented.
“thanks dad… your money!” I said sticking out my tongue at him playfully.
“aish!” my dad cried playfully while shaking his head lightly.
“oh! omma! I need help picking out what to wear tonight… can you come help me?” I asked nicely.
“pick out? I thought you got a dress?” she said sounding confused.
“I did…I got 2 of them” I grinned forcefully.
“2? Why did you get 2?”
“because I couldn’t decide between the 2. Come ooon!” I said dragging her by the arm.
“ok ok! Slow down! Do you want your mom to die from tripping on her own dress?” she smiled while picking up one side of her dress with her free hand.
My parents were already dressed and looking sharp in their new best expensive clothes when I got home so all that was left was me. Me and my mom reached my room and walked towards the bed.
“wooow! These are gorgeous honey! Too bad I don’t have a body like you anymore! I would have love to wear this red one.” My mom said picking up the red one.
“maybe you can. Try it on.” I told her.
“no these are yours and…. Your mom has grown a few dress sizes since I gave birth to you” she whispered with a smile.
“well… its not like your fat mom. I say you’re the perfect size.” I smiled widely. “try it on” I told her again.
“no…these small dresses are made for young adults like you. Besides im already dressed in my new dress. Like it?” she said turning around in a circle.
“its cute… what is it?”
“its Versace…”
“o0o0o0… how much did you and dad spend?” I asked out of curiosity.
“around $30,000”
“damn…more than me…” I thought. “so which one should I wear?”
“….well… i think for the beginning of the party, you should wear the white one and for the second half of the party, the red one.
“….mmmm…ok then.” I said staring at the dresses.
“alright, its almost party time so please hurry up huh?” she said walking out the door.
“okaaaay!” I yelled picking up the white dress and running to the bathroom.
As I was changing out of youngbae’s clothes, I heard guests arriving one by one and then a few at a time. 
Dara’s pov
As I sat in front of the mirror fixing my hair, I started thinking about what happened earlier.
“hey oppa… who was that girl you were talking to earlier?” I asked turning around.
“mmm I don’t know… just some poor girl I almost ran over this afternoon.”
“oh!... you almost ran her over? And you still talk to her like your more superior than her?”
“yea… why not? I am superior than her. I have money and lots of it.” 
“…money isn’t everything jaejoong oppa…” I said returning back to the mirror. 
“of course it is. If it wasn’t for money, do you think we would be where we are now?”
“…no…”
Then a knock came to the door.
“yes? Come in…” jaejoong oppa answered.
“young master… your parents are ready to depart for the party” the maid said politely. 
“ok thanks we’ll be down in a bit. Just have to do a few touch ups.”
The maid bowed and left the room closing the room behind her as I was touching up my make up for the last time.
“you said that girl was poor?”
“of course! Didn’t you see her? And the way she dressed? Has poor written all over it!” he laughed.
“wow…now I believe your mother when she says that your slow…” I shook my head lightly.
“wae?” he asked stupidly.”
“didn’t you notice coat?”
“why?” he asked again.
“her coat was burberry stupid!” I said.
“and?”
“ how does a poor person have a coat that’s $1000 dollars?”
“…uh… her boyfriend duh!”
“ and how do you know that that’s her boyfriend if you don’t even know her?” 
“well they were together every time I saw them.”
“doesn’t mean they’re together…” I mentioned softly.
“so….what are you getting at?”
“never mind…”
Again, a knock came from the door and that was our cue to leave for tonights party.
End of POV
Majority of the guests have arrived and were inside the grand room mingling and talking to one another. And majority of dads friends were CEO’s that own company’s, so tonight was important for dad to make a good impression of himself in front of them and as his daughter, I have to make a good impression and meet every one of them. On the other hand, my mom is always trying to be my match maker and set me up with the CEO’s sons. I have to say that most of them were cute but they are all so arrogant and stiff. So that is where youngbae comes into play. For big parties like these, I always use him as a shield. Guys come up and flirt with me then oppa comes to my side and saves me from having boring conversations with them. So right now, im walking around with my parents greeting and introducing me to my parents friends. When I saw youngbae arrived, I excused myself and walked towards him.
“wow! Looking sharp oppa!” I said smiling.
“thanks your not bad looking yourself!” he joked.
“hi mr. and mrs. Dong! How are you this evening?” I asked.
“were doing great!” they answered together.
“that’s great!” I smiled. “my parents are over there if you wanted to speak with them” I said pointing them to the direction of my parents.
 
They smiled and thanked me and off they went. Me and youngbae oppa sat around watching people, eating, conversing and dance. 
“I’d say this party is going smoothly…”youngbae said suddenly.
“yup! Just the way its suppose to be.
After sitting around for a while, a maid came to get me so I can go change into my other dress for the rest of the night. I followed the maid back to my room then she helped me the dress then left the room. I changed out of the white dress and into the red one. I walked back downstairs and entered the grand room. I walked up to youngbae and his face was like ive never seen before.
“what?” I said.
“waaaah… I told you that red one was better. But noooo, you just had to buy both.”
“shut up! Whats done is done. I couldn’t give up the dress so that jerk can have it.” I pouted.
“if you say so my friend…oh! I saw your dad a few minutes ago, he was looking for you. Apparently theres a very important CEO which is your dads old college friend, here with his wife and son that he wants to introduce you too.” Youngbae said.
“oh really?...hmm…well what are we standing around for? Lets go” I smiled.
We walked around looking for my dad when I heard his voice and my moms voice calling out to me.
“____! Honey! Over here!” I heard dad yell.
I walked over with Youngbae behind me and stood next to my mom.
“hyun shik-ah! I want you to meet my daughter and her best friend” my dad said introducing us to the man standing in front of us.
“nice to meet you sir” me and Youngbae greeted.
“nice to finally meet you _____!” the man said.
“honey… this is kim hyun shik, hes your dads old college buddy and number 1 CEO of all korea.” Dad said with a big smile of his face.
“well I wouldn’t say number one” mr. kim said modestly chuckling. “oh! I should introduce you to my son and daughter than huh?” he smiled. “hey” he said tapping his son on the shoulder. 
He turned around and I was in shock. MAJOR shock.
“son this is _____! Mr. yang’s daughter!” mr kim smiled.
I stood and stared at him with my mouth slightly open.
“hey…close your mouth, saliva is gonna drip soon if you don’t!” Youngbae kindly whispered close to my ear. 
I finally blinked and closed my mouth quickly. It was the guy from earlier! The guy that almost ran me over! The guy that called me poor! The guy that was gonna take my dress! He stood there staring at me then after a bit, he started to play it cool.
“nice to meet you ms. _____” he said smiling holding out his hand.
“____ this is my son, jaejoong.” Mr. kim said.
“ohhh..” I smirked. “ nice to meet you…jae…joong..” I smiled.
_____________________________________
so i decided not to make it a ... maybe next time.
thanks for reading :D
comment and subscribe...cause you love me and i love you! lol