The New Intern

Conceited With Love

 

Next morning when I woke up, I felt a little better from the message jaejoong gave me last night. I yawned and stretched before sitting up. I forgot that I was at jaejoongs parents house because the room was different. Slouching my back, I turned to look at jaejoong was sleeping peacefully when his phone rang.

               “oppa…” I said lazily hitting him. “phone…” I yawned.

When he didn’t answer me, i turned around and grabbed my pillow and whacked him with it.

               “phooooooone!” I cried repeatedly hitting him.
               “…aaahhhh… baby im sleeping!” he whined turning away.
               “your phone is ringing! Answer it!”
               “I don’t care! I wanna sleeeeeep!~”
               “lazy…ill get it then” I said rolling over him to get to his phone. “hello?” I picked up.
               “ahnyeong!” the voice said cutely.
               “hi?” I said confusingly. “can I help you?...”
               “oh.. your not jaejoong oppa. is he there? can I talk to him?”
               “hes sleeping right now. But uh… if you don’t mind me asking… who is this?”
               “me?... who are you? im calling my boyfriend
               “excuse me?? boyfriend? I don’t know who you are but hes my boyfriend” I said before angrily hanging up.

I huffed out my anger and looked at jaejoong who was lying on the bed.

“yah” I said angrily poking his . “who is this girl that just called?? Huh??”
“..baabe… I don’t know what your talking about…” he said placing the pillow over his head as his phone rang again.
“hello??” I picked up again.
“have you no manners?? How dare you hang up on me?? I wanna speak with jaejoong now!”
“I can do whatever I want too! Now tell me who you are”
“let me talk to jaejoongie now!” she demanded.
“at least give me a name!”
“ugh.. fine!... my name is Hanna!”
“Hanna??!” I repeated then suddenly shot up from bed and took the phone from me.
“hello?” he said sweetly into the phone. “…yea sorry about that. That’s my girlfriend” he said apologizing to her. “so how are you doing?” he asked letting out a soft chuckle. “that’s great!... oh! your in town?? visiting??... awesome, hey we should hang out, just me and you like old times.” He said as I was listening while sitting on the bed. “great!... ill see you in a bit” he smiled. “bye” he said hanging up.

He hung up his phone and turned to look at me. I angrily stared at him and he just looked at me.

“who…was that?” I asked trying not to get mad.
“…just a friend…” he answered cautiously.
“… if it was just a friend then… why did she say that you were her boyfriend?”
“she says that to everyone. She didn’t know who you are so she just told you that.” He shrugged walking to the bathroom.
“ what are you doing?” I asked annoyed.
“im gonna take a shower… shes coming here later.”
“yeah… you do that…” I whispered as I slipped out the bedroom door heading over to daras room.

I walked over to daras room and gently knocked hoping that they were already up.

               “yes?” dara answered opening the door.
               “your up” I smiled. “can I talk to you for a bit?” I asked.
               “whats up chingu yah?” Youngbae asked in the back.
               “come in” dara said inviting me in.
               “whats wrong?” Youngbae asked sitting on the bed.
               “…uh… how do I explain this?...a girl just called jaejoongs phone and… that has never happened before… I mean its okay for girls to call him but… the thing that pissed me off was… she called him her boyfriend…” I said sitting down on the chair by daras makeup table.
               “a girl?... calling joongies phone?” dara questioned.
               “mmm hmmm” I nodded. “her name is Hanna…” I said looking at dara.
               “you mean Choi Hanna??” dara asked.
               “she didn’t tell me her last name just her first name.”
               “why? Whose choi hanna?” Youngbae asked joining the conversation.
               “… choi hanna is joongies ex-girlfriend” dara explained.
               “ex- girlfriend?” I repeated. “what happened between them?”
               “the last I heard of her was two years ago. Her and joongie broke up because she was leaving to go study fashion in Milan and they didn’t want a long distance relationship so they ended it.”
               “but jagiya (honey) why did you seem so surprised when you said her name?” Youngbae asked.
               “because its been a while since I heard her name and she…wasn’t the type to listen to anyone… you know like… pretty yet bad girl type. Where do you think joongie got that attitude when you guys first met?” Dara added.
“so that’s why he was such an when he almost ran me over… even after two years since that girl was gone… he kept his attitude…” I thought to myself. “but when he started dating me… that arrogant side of his sorta just… disappeared.”


               “so you… why do you look so… afraid?” Youngbae interrogated.
               “afraid?? Who said I was afraid?? I can kick her if I wanted too.”
               “trust me you… you’re the best thing that ever happened to joongie and this family. Just don’t mind her” dara said patting my back.
               “yeah…” I smiled while nodding lightly. “… well… shes coming here this afternoon…” I said informing them.
               “you mean shes here?? In korea??” dara asked shockingly.
               “yeah… apparently jaejoong wants to hang out with her. Just two of them…” I said sounding sad.
               “chingu yah… don’t worry too much about it everything will be just fine.” Youngbae comforted.

I nodded lightly to what Youngbae oppa just said and a knock came to daras door.
               “yes?” she said opening the door.
               “have you seen you?” jaejoong said sticking his head in. “oh…there you are… I thought you left…”
               “no… im just chatting with Youngbae oppa and dara” I lightly smiled. “why?”
               “well… I have to go meet up with hanna in a bit. You didn’t plan anything for us today right?”
               “… no…” I said shaking my head.
               “alright just making sure…ill be going now” he waved.

He left and dara closed the door. I sulkily sat in the chair looking at the ground.

               “you okay?” dara questioned.
               “…. Im not sure… im having mixed feelings about this…”

______________________

I headed home after saying good bye to his parents. On the drive home, I was thinking about what dara had told me.

             “if… they just broke up because of the distance… that means…they still might love each other…” I thought back and forth. “aigooo!” I said messing up my hair as I was driving. “this is insane!” I yelled.

I arrived at home and saw that mi mi was playing fetch with killer in the front lawn.

“unni!” she cried as she came running towards me with killer following.
“hey kids!” I smiled then pet killer. “killer yah… sorry for not being here last night” I said scratching the back of his ears. “I had to keep daddy company” I said to him.
“u-unni?” mi mi stuttered. “whose that?” mi mi asked pointing to the guy behind me so I turned around.
“hi” the guy smiled.
“hi” I smiled back. “can I help you? I didn’t even hear you drive in” I giggled.
“im here to see CEO Yang” he shyly smiled.
“oh! my dad? Why are you here to see him?” I smiled.
“im the new intern at the company… so CEO Yang told me to come here for the interview”
“ohhh… well uh, its nice to meet you im his daughter Yang you” I said reaching out my hand.
“nice to meet you too” he said shaking my hand. “im yoon doojoon” he grinned.
“ah!... this is my little cousin eun mi and my dog killer” I said introducing them.
“nice to meet you eun mi” he said bending down to her level. “im doojoon”
“neh!” eun mi smiled. “im eun mi but you can call me mi mi”
“alrighty..” I smiled. “don’t wanna be late for that interview now do you?” I giggled. “follow me”
__________________________

In my room, I rolled around in bed as killer looked at me from his bed.

“not a single call or message from you dad killer yah…” I sighed. “hes probably having a lot of fun with her while his real girlfriend is at home wondering where the hell hes at and what the hell hes doing with his ex-girlfriend. They’re probably using this time to reconnect and get back with each other…” I pouted.

“ugh!!! I cant take this anymore I gotta go do something” I said getting up from my bed and heading out.

I left my room with killer wagging his tail behind me. At the same moment, doojoon was coming out of my dads office so I stopped to talk with him.

“so… how did it go?” I curiously asked as we walked down the stairs.
“I don’t know… im still trying to recover” he joked.
“that bad huh?” I softly laughed.
“traumatizing” he sighed.
“yeah… dad does have that kind of effect on people when you first meet him but really… dads just a really soft bear inside” I grinned trying to make him feel better.
“I thought I was gonna die from being so nervous” he smiled. “I was so nervous that I wanted to puke but… I haven’t eaten so theres nothing to throw up” he laughed.
“oh?” I smiled. “that’s great cause… I was just about to go eat. Wanna join me?”
“uh… I don’t know…I just met you and… I don’t know if your crazy or not” he joked.
“good thing for you I just took my meds for my craziness so im good for a few hours” I joked back. “so  how about it?”
“I don’t know… it would be weird that im going to have lunch with the CEO’s daughter…”
“don’t worry about it no one has to know” I smiled.
“but… you’re the daughter of a really wealthy and strong man… how can I just go out with his daughter?”
“so? You scared of me? is that what your saying?” I questioned.
“of course not im just saying if anything goes wrong on I am held responsible” he reasoned.
“like I said no one has to know” I scoffed. “come on… ill treat you to lunch since you didn’t eat because of my dad because of the interview”
“…alright” he said finally giving in. “im not giving in because your cute… im just going for the free food” he laughed.
“great!” I smiled. “have you ever been to a restaurant called dragon house before?” I questioned.
“you mean the high end restaurant??... come on… look at me… I can barely afford ddukbokki”
“im guessing that’s a no?” I laughed. “okay well then… follow me to the restaurant” I said before getting into my car.

I started my car when I caught him staring at something.

“what?” I asked as the window went down.
“… this is your car??...”
“yeah?...why?”
“do you realize… this is my dream car??”
“my aston martin?” I questioned.
“yes! The aston martin DB9 with the turbo engine complete with black rims and white body paint with tinted windows…” he said dreamingly drooling over my car.
“tell ya what… ill let you drive it around the block once if you hurry up cause im starving” I giggled.
“really??? You’ll let me do that?? Oh my god!! There is a god!” he said falling to his knees with his hands in the air.
“better hurry… you wont like me when im starving~” I sang.
“yes ma’am!!” he yelled hoping into his car.

I shook my head at his silliness and drove off to the restaurant.
____________________________________

I bet you were shocked when you didnt see jaejoongs picture at the top right??? lol
my writing style is always changing... i just noticed lol
i know i said there was a few more chapters til this story ends but...i lied lol
sorry!! i just want more problems to happen i mean! drama lol
i hope you enjoyed this chapter! so um... good night!