Jessica's Story

Conceited With Love

 

Finally arriving at the hospital, jaejoong was immediately taken to the emergency while I waited in the waiting room. I waited and waited for the doctors to tell me his condition but they have yet to come out from the emergency room when I was getting a call from Youngbae oppa. “yeobosaeyo?” I answered. “_______!” Youngbae yelled over the phone. “wae??”
“______??...your cousin! Shes been shot!”
“eehhh??! How?? What happened??”
“while one of the police officers were escorting jungmin out from his house with Jessica behind him, she kept nagging and nagging at him when he couldn’t take it anymore, jungmin quickly slipped out of the police men’s grip grabbed his gun and shot her!”
“oh my god! How is she?? She’s alright???” I questioned. “I don’t know… they are rushing her to the hospital right now!” Youngbae said.
“oh my god…” I sighed. “just when I thought everything ended…” I thought. “how is jaejoong? Is he okay now?”
“…uh… Im not sure… ill call you back to let you know” I told Youngbae when the doctor finally came out.

I hung up the phone call with Youngbae and chatted with the doctor.

“doctor! How is he??” I asked. “the patient is doing alright. But however he does have a few broken ribs. The minor cuts and bruises on his face will heal within the next couple days and as for his ribs, a few weeks.”
“that’s a relief…” I said letting out a sigh. “is it okay if I go see him now??”
“of course. We’ll transfer him to another room so you can visit him then. The nurse will let you know what room” the doctor smiled pointing to the nurse at the counter. “doctor!!” we heard all of a sudden coming from the door. “we got a shot patient that needs care immediately!!” another nurse shouted running towards us. The doctor ran inside the room with the running past me when I looked at who it was. “JESSICA!?” I shouted as they ran past me.

“you know this patient?” the nurse asked. “…yea shes my cousin” I said trying to look inside the room. “please wait out here” the nurse told me. “yeah…” I said politely. “excuse me miss??” the other nurse from the counter said getting my attention. “yes?” I said going over to her. “the patient you wanted to visit has been transferred to room 126. If you would just walk along this hallway and turn right the room will be right there” she smiled. “oh thank you..” I bowed walking away. But before I left, I told that nurse to keep me updated on jessica’s condition and she kindly agreed.

I reached the room jaejoong was staying in and walked inside closing the door. “oh… my baby…” I sighed. I walked over and moved his hair out of his face and caressed him cheek. I grabbed a chair and rest my chin on the rail while looking at his bruises. “miahn hae…” I whispered lightly touching them. “ I didn’t know that it would have turned out like this… I just wanted us to be happy and drama free...” I whispered to him holding his hand. Just then there was a knock on the door. I got up and walked over to open it. “im sorry to bother you miss.. but the shot patient you know wanted to know about is going through some serious problem this moment” the nurse told me as I stepped out. “…what kind of problems??” I asked with my head sorta tilted. “she has lost some major blood and we’re wondering if you are the same blood type as she. What type are you?” the nurse asked. “im type O” I answered. “that’s great. Would you mind if we did a blood transfusion?”
“umm…” I said hesitantly while looking at the door. “Don’t worry miss… I will keep you informed about this patient also” she smiled. “… okay…” I said agreeing. “please as soon as he wakes up please please! Let me know!” I said while following the nurse to another room. “sure thing sweetie” she replied.

So with a needle poked into arm, I watched as blood was being taken out of my body and into jessicas body. When they finally got enough, the nurse came to take the needle out and placed cotton with tape on top of my arm to stop the bleeding. With my hand, I held my arm and looked at Jessica who was unconscious and lightly shook my head. “I knew that mouth of yours was a problem… learn to keep it shut from time to time…” I whispered.

The nurse from earlier popped in and told me that jaejoong is conscious and that he had other visitors in the room already. So I rushed over to the room and saw that dara, mi mi and Youngbae had come to see him. “hey guys” I greeted them softly. “hi _____” they smiled. “hey honey…” I smiled looking down at jaejoong. “how are you feeling?” I asked. “a little better” he replied. “whats wrong with your arm?” jaejoong asked weakly. “this?” I said looking at it. “I was uh… donating blood to a patient who needed it” I told him. “wah… _____-sshi…your really amazing… you’re even worried about other patients” dara smiled.
“unni! Are you okay?” mi mi asked. “yeah” I nodded. “are you okay? Mi mi?” I asked back. “your not hurt or anything are you??”
“no. im fine” mi mi answered. “mmmm” I hummed as I nodded. “hey?...wheres eli?”
“oh.. he said that he would come and visit after he finishes up the job today” Youngbae replied. “that’s good…” I said turning to look at jaejoong.

Two hours passed and I sent Youngbae, mi mi and dara off to dinner since they haven’t eaten. As for me and jaejoong, jaejoong was stuck eating the hospital food while I was eating sushi. “ppali meogo (hurry up and eat) before it gets cold!” I said trying to feed him. “… I don’t want it!~ I want sushiiiii!~~” he whined. “well you cant eat sushi right now… you have to  eat what the nurses bring you!” I said holding the spoon with food at his mouth. “shireo! (I don’t want it!)” he whined again. “yah… why are you making this so hard? Hmm?? just eat it! after you get better you can eat as any sushi as you want!”
“I want it noow!~”
“oppaaa~ oh! fine… if you don’t want to eat then I guess your gonna have to starve.” I said placing the spoon down walking over to the couch to enjoy my dinner. But before I got to eat, the nurse came to get me and I followed her out of the room. “yes? Whats going now?” I asked when the door closed. “the shot patient from early has woken up and shes… not to happy…” the nurse informed me. “dae??” I questioned. “what the hell is wrong now?!” I thought going to the room Jessica was kept in.

The nurse lead me to the room and then left me in front of it so I could talk to her myself. I walked in and there she was… sitting on the bed with her arms crossed. She heard me come in so she looked my way then the she looked away. “whats wrong? Not happy to see me?” I said as a joke. “im never happy to see you” she said with attitude in her tone.

I huffed out air due to frustration then approached while grabbing a chair to sit down. “…look if its about earlier… about me beating you up… im sorry but somebody had to do it” I said looking at the bruises I made o her.
“whatever” she scoffed. “okay?...” I said awkwardly.

Well since this is a rare moment… I thought I should make it count. I wanted to know what has gotten into her and why she hates me so much. I have never really done anything to her!

“…WHAT THE HELL’S WRONG WITH YOU!??” I shouted quickly standing up on my feet scaring her. “WHAT THE HELL HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU???” I shouted again. “WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH??? WHAT?? WHAT IS IT??” I questioned. “…ANSWER ME! GOD DAMN IT!” I yelled getting angry.

“…your perfect life…” she said under her breath. “what??” I asked.
“your perfect en life!” she shouted at me. “..my perfect life??... that’s why you hate me so much??”
“yea! Your perfect life!”
“that’s what got you hating me for years?? Why??”
“…because you have it all! A nice big house! A nice car! A nice boyfriend! And nice parents who don’t argue with each other all the time over money!!” she bursted in tears.

“what?...” I asked concerned. “why would your parents argue over money?” I questioned sitting down.
“…my parents are greedy money grabbing fiends.” She started to explain. “one day mom and dad got home from work and saw me pulling out money from an envelope that uncle jin sent me.
“my dad sent you money?” I asked softly and she nodded.

“When my parents saw the big wad of cash, they instantly went ballistic. So I quickly stuffed the money back into the envelope and rushed out of the house. I got a cab and went to eun mi’s school to pick her up because I knew like me… she couldn’t stay there. So with the money uncle sent me, we left for Switzerland.”

“of all places… why switzerland?”
“… haha… eun mi wanted to taste their chocolate…” she managed a smile.
“…really?? Chocolate?? I thought you went to study?”
“I did… but it didn’t last very long… and I was missing home…”
“mmm…” I nodded. “but… why does all that make you hate me?”
“… I don’t know… when I see you, your always so happy… you have everything and nothing to worry about… I wanna be as happy as you are… I guess I was jealous in a way…” she said trailing off.
“jealous enough to pay someone to run me over?” I questioned sarcastically.
“… sorry…” she apologized sincerely.
“…its fine I guess” I said standing on my feet. “its not like im dead right??” I joked.
“… your not mad at me??” she questioned.
“of course im mad but from what I see, you had a reason. And besides… that beating I gave you earlier was really satisfying… so your off the hook.”
“thanks…” she said then there was a long silence.

“I guess its home from here…” she sighed.
“to your parents?... you want that again?” I asked.
“I have no other place to go” she said sadly.
“…not if you live with us?” I said questionably.
“….really??” she said perking up. “… but why would you want us to live with you with what you went through because of me??”
“… because your my cousin…and im responsible for you now” I said getting up and leaving the room.

As I was walking towards jaejoong room, I left each my parents voicemail asking them if Jessica and eun mi could live with us. And since they were busy outside of the country I didn’t expect a phone call back right away.

I walked into jaejoongs room and saw that his tray of food has been taken away and now he’s sleeping.
“… so you finally ate your food while I was gone…” I whispered as my stomach was growling. “that’s right… I haven’t eaten dinner yet…” I said walking over to the couch then sitting down. I opened the bag and opened the container but…

“THERES NO SUSHI IN HEREE!!!~” I shouted. “YAH!! KIM JAEJOONG!! DID YOU EAT MY SUSHI??” I asked him looking at him as he turned away from me. “DON’T YOU TURN AWAY FROM ME??” I said trying to hold him but it didn’t work. “YAH!! DID YOU EAT MY SUSHI?? YOU !” I cried hitting his ribs.

“AAAAHHHHHH!” he cried in pain. “damn it!!” he shouted at me.
“don’t you yell at me!! I should be yelling at you!!” I said hitting his . “I cant believe you ate my sushi! Do you know how long its been since I last ate???!” I cried. “ I cant believe you!” I bursted going to sit back on the couch.
“hey! Will you hold on for a second??” jaejoong shouted. “I didn’t eat it yet!! Its right here!!” he said pulling out a tray from his right side and placing it on his table.

“I didn’t eat it yet because I was waiting for you to come back so we have enjoy it together like I said before!
“oh…” I said feeling stupid. “… heh heh…sorry for yelling at you baby” I grinned suddenly.
“… apology accepted… now come eat and feed me. im hungry…”
“okay prince jj” I said getting up to feed him.

For the rest of the night, we watched tv and jaejoong shared that little bed of his with me so my back wouldn’t hurt sleeping on the hard couch. I fell asleep before jaejoong and then jaejoong fell asleep after.

_____________________________________

few chapters left before this story ends!