waiting for you

Conceited With Love

 

Jaejoongs POV

A few more weeks have passed and she still hasn’t woken up yet. Since ______ has been unconscious, Jessica’s still trying to pick a date with me. She will never give up will she?

“Doctor…is she still okay?” I asked.
“yes, shes fine. Her body seemed to have healed.” He smiled.
“but… why hasn’t she woken up yet?...”
“we’ve done all we can…the rest is really up to her…”
“neh…” I nodded lightly as the doctor left.
“…the rest is up to her?” Youngbae repeated. “what does that mean?”

I shrugged and returned to my seat beside her. Waiting around, there was a knock on the door and a familiar face walked in.

“hey guys…” she softly greeted. “how is she?”
“hello dara…” Youngbae greeted.
“hey dara…” I said softly. “thanks for coming”
“no problem…I bought flowers for her…” she smiled.
“thanks…” I said accepting them and placing them on the table next to _____.
“I also bought fruits and food and drinks for you guys… please enjoy them…”
“thank you…” we both answered.
“are you doing okay?” she whispered to me.
“yea… im alright im just… really worried.”
“I can tell…how about you Youngbae-sshi? How are you holding up?”
“im doing okay. Thank you…”
“…you sure?...it looks like your about to pass out….” She said taking a closer look at him.
“yea…” he softly replied.
“okay…”

Dara waited around with us. She didn’t have too. But that’s just the type of person dara is. Even though, she doesn’t really know you, she’ll still treat you like family. We waited for movement…we waited for a sound…but there was nothing at all. Youngbae hasn’t slept since the accident and he is still blaming himself for it.

“Youngbae-sshi…”dara said tapping him on his shoulder as he slept in the chair. “Youngbae-sshi…I think I should take you home… you look really uncomfortable in this chair…”
“huh?...no im fine…” he said wincing as he moved. “plus… I don’t wanna leave ______”
“really… you should really go home and have a good rest. Then I can bring you back… come on…” she said helping him on his feet.
“but what about ______?” he asked.
“its okay… jaejoong is watching over her… don’t worry… you should worry about yourself more…”
“alright….” He said giving in. “jaejoong-sshi… please… let me know if anything happens…ill rush over as soon as I can.”
“I will…” I answered.

Now its just me and ______ left in the quiet room. Now that its just me… I have to stay by her side more than ever. With her left hand in mine, I sat and stared at it while caressing with my thumb.

“baby?...do you hear me?...doctors say that you’re okay… isn’t that great news?” I managed a smile. “its just the two of us again… like before...i want to take you out of this place. Everything in here is so plain and boring. Oh, did I tell you dara came to visit you today? She bought you flowers…their your favorite, thanks to Youngbae. Pink lilies… Pretty aren’t they?... open your eyes so you can look at them…” I said letting out my tears.

“please…open your eyes and be with me again…im so lonely without you…” I cried laying my head on her hand.  “babe…” I whispered.
“…there…goes…my…baby….” I suddenly heard.

I stopped my tears and quickly sat upright.

“..babe?? is that you??” I sniffled.
“…there…goes…my…baby…” she weakly sang with her eyes closed.

I quickly called the doctor into the room and reported that she had just said something. The doctor checked her out and went on to explain that shes singing subconsciously. Once he was done, I thanked him and he left.

“…even in your sleep you’re playing with me…” I whispered.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and boy, did I look like a zombie. My dark circles have gotten bigger and worse. My face as pale as a ghost. I did not look human whatsoever. I entered back into the room and my heart was rushing.

“_______???!” I cried running over.

I grabbed her hand and continued calling her name.

“______??? Honey??”

She ever so slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room.

“babe?? Its me! jaejoong!” I said trying to get her attention.

She slowly started to blink and she looked in my direction. Tears filled up her eyes and dropped like waterfalls. I kissed her hand and got up hugged her. I called the nurse to tell them that ______ is finally awake. So the nurse came in and did a checkup and went to report to the doctor.

“oh my baby!...” I sighed hugging her again and kissing her cheek.
“o-o-oppa?...w-where i-is Youngbae o-oppa?....” she quietly asked. “i-I have…to…tell…him…everything…like we…promised.”
“…I already did…that’s right! I have to call Youngbae! And your parents! And my parents! And dara!...hold on honey! he’ll be here in a few minutes alright?” I said taking out my phone and making a bunch of calls.

First to arrive was her parents, then dara and Youngbae then my parents. Everyone gathered around her, with tears of joy.

“oh my dear daughter!” her mother exclaimed hugging her.
“chingu-yah! Its so good to have you back!!” Youngbae cried.
“______-sshi! Its great to see you again!” dara smiled.
“how is my daughter in law doing?” my parents asked looking at her lovingly.

She weakly smiled and looked at everyone while I was still holding onto her hand. Now that she’s awake, her parents wanted to take her out of the hospital and back home where she can comfortably be her own room. They paid for the best private doctor to make home visits even though ______ said she didn’t need it. But just to make sure that she was really doing okay, her parents paid for it anyway.

End of POV

“so nice to be back in my own room again…” I said resting my back on the headboard.
“unni! I missed you soo much!!” mi mi hugged me.
“missed you too kiddo!” I said holding her.
“yah… chingu-yah… you really scared me… I thought that you left us for sure…” Youngbae commented.
“im sorry…”
“no… im sorry…listen…that day, I wanted to listen to your side of the story but… the thought of jaejoong-sshi and you popped in my mind… and I couldn’t take it anymore… im sorry chingu-yah…really, im terribly sorry.”
“no… it was my fault for being stupid and running after you…”
“well all that doesn’t matter anymore…” jaejoong said from the edge of the bed. “ good thing is that she’s back… and alive” he chuckled.
“welcome back ______-sshi!” dara said next to me.
“thank you” I smiled. “…how long was I out for?”
“a few weeks…” Youngbae answered.
“a few weeks? Really? It felt like forever!”
“tell me about it!” jaejoong exaggerated.
“hey?....arent we missing someone?” I asked looking around.
“no?... I don’t think so?” Youngbae answered.
“…jaejoong ah…where is my killer?”
“your killer?” dara questioned.
“neh… hes about this tall. Black and white big ears blue eyes….”
“ohhh you must mean your dog…yeh jaejoong told me about him” dara smiled.
“where is he?” I asked again.
“…uh…your parents sent him off somewhere while you were in the hospital…”
“WHAT?! WHERE?! WHY?!” I shouted.
“you’ll see when he gets back” jaejoong grinned.
“hellllllo!! I heard my cousin is home!” Jessica shouted letting her myself in the room. “oh!...theres people here!” she giggled.

The looks on everyone faces when she entered just went flat.

“what do you want Jessica?” Youngbae asked.
“im here to see my cousin!” she retorted. “so how are you cuzz?”
“fine”
“good…well, ill be on my way now see ya!” she said walking out the door.
“…that !” jaejoong said randomly.
“yah!...theres a child present!” I said pointing to eun mi.
“its fine unni!” she smiled. “jaejoongie oppa is right! That !” she repeated.
“yaaaah….” I said looking at eun mi. “since when did the cussing start?” I asked her.
“just now” she smiled.
“ill let it pass this once” I smiled back.
“….so its okay to hate her?” dara asked suddenly.
“yep… join the club!” jaejoong replied.
“sweetie!” mom said bursting in through the door.
“oh! scared me…what is it?”
“your father knows who is responsible for the accident!”
“really??”
“yes! Hes talking to the colonel right now!”