mermaid and dolphin

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

“It’s over…”

She whispered as she kneeled down on the aisle of that small church. Tears overflowed once again, but that time, it was like rain, not wanting to stop.

“I’m so stupid!” Her voice echoed inside but she didn’t care. “I’m sorry!” she threw her shoes away and cried even harder. Her heart was ripped apart and she didn’t know how to start over again.

“I’m sorry…” she cried like a little child. “I…I ….  I didn’t fight for you… sorry.”

She knew she was too late. The church was so silent and dark plus her eyes were so puffed out that it was impossible to see clearly.

She balled her fist and punched her own knees. Her feet were badly wounded but the pain didn’t match what was inside her heart.

Excruciating

“Su…” she looked down in defeat and cried even harder. She had to cry heart out. It was too late. Junsu will be spending the rest of his life with another heart.

 

“What took you so long?”

Suddenly a voice behind her said. She instantly looked up and froze.

“I’ve been waiting for you.”

She looked around, looking for the owner of the voice she knew by heart, the voice that gave her a reason to hang on to.

“S…Su…” she cried out loud.

“Why are you crying?”

“I’m… I… I’m sor…” she couldn’t continue anymore. Her sobs were taking her over and she was too hurt to talk.

And the voice finally showed his self.

 

Junsu, in his all black tuxedo, appeared before her. His eyes matched her loneliness.

“What took you so long?” he asked, charging.

“T-traffic…. My… my … heels….” She weakly pointed at her shoes on the floor and cried once more. She gave up. She couldn’t breathe steadily. She wanted to faint. Her heart wasn’t beating normal.

“Why are you here?”

“I… I… was… I was trying to stop…. I was trying to stop...the wedding… but…. But…”

“But what?” his voice was broken.

“I’m…. I’m… late…” she looked down once again and punched her knees. “I’m…. sorry…”

“I gave my vow already.”

“Su…" She looked up and met his gaze. “S-stop… hurting me more… I… can’t take another pain…” she begged and tried to stand. She held on to the floor and pushed herself up and tried to get her shoes. Finally, the twisted ankle made her feel the pain. She winced but she stopped herself from falling again. She slowly dragged her left foot and tried to make it the door, leaving the man behind.

 

“It took you so long…” she heard him say.

‘I know, and I will regret it for the rest of my life.’ Her mind shouted as she continued to walk away.

“But you’re not late.”

 

 

And her mind froze.

“You are not late Saki.” He repeated.

She slowly turned around and smiled bitterly at him.

“I said stop hurting me.”

“The wedding was stopped.”

She saw a tear left his eyes before she passed out.

 

 

“I do.”

Junsu said and everyone gasped.

Yunho squealed in disappointment. Changmin just shook his head behind the piano. Jaejoong’s face was expressionless; it was the kind of face that once sent the whole DBSK into some shiver. Yoochun held his wife’s hands tightly as she silently cried.

No one was happy and they knew it was the end of the mermaid- dolphin tandem…. Officially.

No smile was seen on the face of the biggest and largest boyband in Asia. The SHINee guys were all heads down as they listen to the pastor who was about to asked Zhang.

 

 

“Do you Zhang Li Yin, take Kim Junsu as your lawful wedded husband to have and to hold for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

Zhang gave the biggest smile she could possibly offer and looked at Junsu’s eyes straightly.

 

 

“I love you Xiah.” She cupped his face with her both hands. “But I’m afraid I can’t marry you.”

 

 

And another gasp was heard, but it was louder than before.

“Zhang?” Junsu eyed her, puzzled.

“I think this is the best decision I made in my whole life.”  She said as she tenderly caressed his cheeks. “I love you and I did everything for you to love me back. But I guess, I couldn’t get everything that I want because everytime I try to make you fall for me, you just kept on falling for her and I can’t marry the man who doesn’t love me. Nothing hurts more than realizing that you mean everything to me, but I mean nothing to you.

“Zhang…” his heart suddenly raced.

“You don't really know me Xiah… you only saw one side of me…  You never tried to get to know me. I was hurt when you proposed and I said maybe I should give it a try. Maybe you can learn to love me as soon as we got married but I’m wrong… as the day of this wedding draws nearer, I see you die slowly. It hurts me that I couldn’t do anything about it. I love you Xiah and you’re happiness is my priority. So…” she took a very deep breath as she tried to make her voice whole.

“I quit… I don't deserve a man who cannot match the love I’m giving him.”

“You don't have to do this.” He took her hand from his face and held them tightly.

“No.” she shook her head. “Saki treated me as her friend but I stabbed her back. And bringing you back to her is my only way to say sorry.”

“Zhang….”

“You have no responsibility over me.” That made him frowned.

“W-what do you mean?” his eyes narrowed.

“Nothing happened Xiah… those pictures and recordings were tampered and faked.” Her voice was sincere and sure. She finally let go the secret go that she had been hiding for a very long time.

DBSK, who understood the whole situation was speechless, even Rei almost dropped YooMi, who was on her lap when she heard Zhang confessed.

“I just made you sleep beside me and that was it.” A tear left her eyes.

Junsu balled his fist, suddenly, anger filled his eyes.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry for ruining your life. I’m sorry for taking your happiness and now…I’m giving it back.” She then looked down, ashamed of what she did.

“From now on… I will stay out of your life.” She quickly kissed his lips and run towards the door. She left Junsu standing at the altar, shocked.

“Very good Li Yin… you just did the right thing.” She told her self as she went out from that church and out of Junsu’s life.

 

 

“Hurry up dolphin!” Eunhyuk stood. “Kyu is going to propose to Saki!”

And Junsu felt like a bucket of iced water was poured over him. He took a step but Leeteuk stopped him.

“No… Saki will be here soon.”

 

 

 

 

She frowned. Her eyes were still close but she could feel the sting from her wounds. It was so painful and someone rubbing something against it. It was gentle but it brought more pain than the usual. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. She wasn’t familiar with the room. She’d never been there before.

“Where am I?” she asked. The question wasn’t meant for anyone. She assumed that she was in the hospital since she felt someone was nursing her wounds. Her vision was still blurry so she couldn’t see who was with her.

“You’re in my room, on my bed.” A male voice said that made her eyes widened and her heart skipped a beat. She finally remembered everything. She was inside the church, talking to Junsu… she was about to go out when she felt the world was spinning and everything went black.

“J-Junsu?” she stuttered as she tried to stand and pulled her legs away from him.

“Yah! Don't move!” Junsu said as he harshly pulled her legs back which made her winced in pain. He totally forgot about her twisted ankle.

“Ah!” she yelped.

“Sorry.” He said worriedly and gently massaged her feet.

“What are you doing and why am I here?!”

“You fainted.”

“Why didn’t you bring me to a hospital?” her eyes widened.

“I was worried that I couldn’t think straight that’s why I brought you here first.” He tried to explain but Saki was far from stopping.

“You could’ve brought me to a hospital since it’s your fault why my ankle twisted.”

“Me?” he said in awe. “Why me? I never told you to run 2 kilometers on your heels.”

“Stupid dolphin!” she cried. “I ran because I wanted to stop the wedding! I if didn’t do it you could’ve been married to that witch!”

“Why did you try to stop my wedding?” he purposely raised one of his brows and crossed his arms in from of her.

“Because I…” she suddenly ran out of words to say. “Because I…”

“Because you what…?”

“Because….”

“Come on Saki… can’t you say it just for once?” he whined.

“Say what?” she looked away and tried to sound innocent.

“I’m outta here.” He stood and threw the cotton balls on the floor.

“Where are you going?” she nervously asked.

“Do you care?” he smirked.

“O-Of course I care! I wouldn’t run to stop your wedding if I don't care!”

“Then say something!”

“What do you want me to say?” her voice rose. “Do you want me to say that I love you and I’m willing to forget everything that happened between you and that witch because I love you and even when I was in Japan, you never left my mind? My heart was beating for one person alone! It’s stupid but I can’t do anything about it! And when you proposed to her in front of everybody, I want to seriously strangle you to death! How can you decide on something as serious as that! How about me?" She said without breathing so was practically panting afterwards.

Junsu shook his head and smiled, amused by her cuteness, something that he really missed.

“I went to Japan.” his voice then turned sad.

“You did.”

“But you were not there anymore. That evil guy took you. I almost lost my mind that time you know that?”

“It took you a whole year before you decided to follow me?” she said, tears were forming once again on her eyes as she recalled one agonizing year of being alone.

“It’s because I want to give you time. I thought one year is enough for me to go on by I was wrong. I was really wrong. If I could take it back, I wouldn’t even allow you to step out of your house. Tell me…” he kneeled in front of her and looked at her straight on her swollen eyes. “Did you wait for me? Did you expect me to come?”

She sighed and let a tear fall.

“I am really stupid that time. I don't believe in fairytales or anything magical but at my first night there, alone, I looked up and wished on the first star that I saw. In fact, I wished on every star that I saw. I asked and begged them to bring you to me.” She whispered. “I wished on them every night for one whole year but I guess those stars never listened. They never listened to my one and only wish. Mushy, you can  say but I guess that’s the way it is.”

“Hyung and Yoochun failed to convince you to come home.”

“I lied to them. I told them that I don't need you… that I can do it on my own. I was so mad at Zhang that when Kyu offered to help me to get even, I immediately grabbed it and went home with him. But does it matter? Junsu… I’m willing to forget everything… I will erase all the bad memories we had… I will do anything…. Anything just to be with you… because… I had enough of loneliness and pain… I just couldn’t take it anymore.” She begged like her life was hanging on a thread and Junsu was the only person that could save her.

Junsu smiled and softly ran his index finger from her forehead to the tip of her nose.

“Nothing happened.”

“N-nothing happened? W-what do you mean?”

“Everything was a lie… the bed scene.” He chuckled at his own stupidity to believe everything. “Zhang set up everything.”

“That witch!” blood rushed to her head. “She ruined our relationship!

“You believed her.”

“She showed me evidence and you cannot even defend yourself.”

“It’s because I can’t remember anything.”

“That witch!” she hissed and wiped her face.

“In a way I should thank her.”

“Huh?” she frowned. “Are you crazy or you just really like her?” She tried to stand but Junsu pulled her down.

“She made me realize that I can’t love any other girl aside from you. I proposed to her because I was also mad.  You played with my heart in front of Kyu. That’s a lifetime’s worth of humiliation.”

She eyed him guilty. She seriously regretted that moment. The moment when she believed that she can be a that everyone can look up to. She believed taht she was the victim and everyone will symphatize to her.

“You even let me taste the spiciest sakuramochi.”

She laughed with tears.

“I’m sorry.” She cupped his face.

“I will forgive you but in one condition.”

“Condition?”

He then grabbed something around his neck. It was a silver necklace but the pendant caught her attention. The familiar shine made her eyes shone and twinkled. The ring… that familiar ring. Her eyes watered once again for the thousandth times that day but she didn’t care. She wanted to cry but that time, for joy.

 

 

“I want you to wear this and don’t ever dare to remove it again.” he slide down the ring from the necklace and carefully slide it in to her finger. Her dry and rough hands felt beautiful once again with the dolphin ring. She thought it was lost but Junsu had it and kept in around his neck, near his heart (okay… super mushy on this one… sorry)

“I wont.” She promised. “Never again.”

“And this….” He then took something from his pocket and opened it in front of her puppy eyes. It was a sparkling diamond ring. It was the simplest yet most elegant and beautiful ring she ever saw. It because it came form the man she loves the most.

 

 

“S-Su…” her jaw dropped.

“I want you to wear this.” He smiled and put it on.

“A-are you asking me to marry you?” she was hoping but Junsu’s answer disappointed her.

“You think Jaejoong hyung will allow us to marry?”

She sighed. He was right.

“I won't ask you to marry me either.” He stood and sat beside her. “At least not yet.”

It suddenly made Saki confused.

“I know you have your own dreams and I still have commitments. I want you to reach for you dreams. I want you to be successful and fulfilled.”

“Then what is this ring all about?”

“The ring is something to remind you that you are not allowed to date anyone in your university. No other man can touch you or can even come near you except for me and my brothers. That ring is to remind you that adultery is a sin.”

Her eyes widened in disbelief.

“Are you serious?!”

“Yes.” He replied without a smile. “Because you are now engage with me Saki. And after you graduate, I will marry you immediately. I will never ever let you slip away again. Got it?”

“Yes.” She smiled and rested her head on his shoulders.

She was so tired, 2 kilometers of running made her so exhausted and sleepy but it was all worthy. Those 2 kilometers changed her life. If she didn’t chose to run that 2 kilometers, she could’ve been stuck to the man she never love and be forever lonely but she chose to run. She chose to endure all the struggles and hurdles along the way and she finally got Junsu happily waiting for her at the finish line.

“I love you Su.” She whispered and closed her eyes.

“I love you too Yobo.”

“Yobo?” she suddenly raised her head. “You called me yobo?”

“Ah huh?” he said, pouting.

“Don't call me yobo.”

“B-but why?”

“Because you call Zhang yobo and I don't want you to call me the same endearment you used to her!”

“Seriously?”

“Mermaid, call me mermaid.”

“Huh?” he frowned. “Isn’t that… weird? And you dont like to be called mermaid right?”

“What’s weird? I will call you dolphin from now on.” She said with conviction that made Junsu smiled.

He went silent and just stared at her face like he was memorizing every detail, admiring her beauty. Saki just looked at him in return.

“Have I ever told you that you are so beautiful?” he whispered as he leaned closer to kiss her nose.

“Ah huh.” She closed her eyes and smelled his breath, every words that came out from his lips felt like a dream.

He then rubbed his nose against hers.

“Have I told you that I want to kiss you right now?” he smelled her sweetness and kissed her nose once again. With their body so closed, it was like heaven.

“Have I told you that I had enough of waiting?” she whispered back and opened her eyes to meet his mesmerizing gaze.

“Please don't leave me again.” he softly begged and by laying his lips under her nose.

“I won’t leave.” She assured her, her heart was aching for his kiss.

“Ever?” he closed her eyes and kissed the side of her lips that made her gasped. He was teasing her and it was making her inpatient.

“Never again.” she leaned closer and decided to kiss him but Junsu leaned back away from her pouting lips.

She looked at him puzzled. He returned it with a smile and once again leaned closer and gently laying his lips into hers.

Fireworks started to appear the moment the two lips met after a long absence.  Junsu gently her lower lips and tasted her sweet innocence. It was heaven. It was like a kaleidoscope of colors that made their head spin as if they were both floating on the clouds. Their lips missed each other that they had to no plan to separate anytime soon. Both of them swore they could stay that way forever. It was worth the entire wait they had. It was a long sweet gentle kiss they shared that almost took their breath away. Finally, their hearts were beating the same rhythm after a long while. Their mind was singing the same song and it was shouting forever.

They both smiled as the kiss ended. Junsu gently clasp his forehead to Saki’s.

“Mermaid.” He said.

“Dolphin.” They both laughed.

Junsu guided Saki and laid her down to his side on his bed and made her use his arm as her pillow. Both stared at the ceiling in contentment.

“Jaejoong hyung will surely beat me for kidnapping you.” he smiled.

“Don't worry, he knows that I’m a willing victim.” She smiled and buried her face to his chest.

“Goon Yoo hates me.”

“We’ll explain everything to him tomorrow.”

“Kyu will kill me.”

“Don't worry…” she closed her eyes as tiredness and sleepiness was taking over. “I’ll die with you.” tht made his heart melt.

“Mermaid…” he said and gently brushed her air through her fingers.

“Dolphin.” She whispered sleepily.

“Do you want to spend forever with me?”

“Yes.” She said half asleep.

“Dolphin…” it was her turn to say something.

“Huh?”

“Please shut up… I’m so tired…”

 

 

 

 

***********************************************************************************************************

And so here it goes….

Sorry for making you wait…

I couldn’t think of a better way to end this…

This story is so close to my heart because I was really challenged to make everything good and realistic enough for my friends to read…

 

Hope you like it…

 

Please show me some love….

Oh my gosh… my hands were trembling while I write… I can’t believe that it’s the last chapter of by hook already… at first, I’m really don't know where the story was going but as it goes… I finally figured out how to make their lives miserable… hehe

I hope I made you hate Zhang…

I hope I made you hate Junsu and Yoochun for a while because of what they did to our girls…

I hope made Jaejoong made you squirm at the dinning table scene with his expensive wine….

 

Ah yah… I think I’m gonna cry…

 

Last chappy already? I’ll be clicking the complete tab already? Ah yah….

 

I love your comments…

I have the best reader in the whole AFF world…

Hope you’ll continue supporting my other sequels…

Yunho’s fic will be a funny and chaotic at the same time…

Changmin is also funny but it also has loads of drama included… I guess it in my blood to make my characters cry….

 

I left some hints about Yunho’s fic already. It’s because his story is happening at the same time as the mermaid and dolphin’s

 

But before the great leader and the magnificent maknae, comes the mighty Jaejoong…

 

Ah huh… it’s MR. KIM JAEJOONG’s turn to fall… and I will make sure the Junsu and Yoochun will get some justice… I will make sure the Jaejoong will fall…. Hard…. Why? Because I’m a bad girl….

 

 

i will send post the link soon.....

 

Love yah all….

 

Watch out for my next sequel… BY FATE… yah I know… it should be BY FAITH but I changed it… you’ll find out why soon….

 

Tweet me…. Its aejae22

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

 

SALAMAT PO…….

 

aejae22

For the last time…. Yah!!!!!

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK