Nostalgia

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

 

 

Sakura had nowhere to go after her nonsense talk with Zhang Li Yin. She took a glimpse of her watch. It was 3:00 pm. She went shopping for a new dress and ate her lunch after her meeting and then… she found herself alone at the busy street of Seoul.

She decided to walk and look around to let time pass by and to get herself acquainted once again to the city she left a year ago. The sky scrapers that amazed her when she saw them for the first time were still magnificent as ever, almost touching the sky, ruled that busy district.

Time passed by so fast. She didn’t even notice that it was almost night time and her feet brought her to one very familiar place. The place she didn’t want to visit. The colorful bridge suddenly showed such brilliant lights. People around her were amazed by the spectacular sight. It was also her first to see the bridge brought shine to the whole place. It was like it has its own life. Water was sparkling over colored lights and it was just superb. She suddenly fell out of words with what she saw. It was just breathtaking. She couldn’t believe that it was the same bridge she left before.

"Beautiful." she mumbled to her self.

“Noona.” A small boy that pulled her skirt  brought her back to reality.

“Huh?” she turned and saw the boy. He just smiled, making her more puzzled. “What can I do for you?”

“Are you my hyung’s girlfriend?”

She chuckled and ruffled the boy’s hair. She found that quiet amusing.

“I’m sorry cute boy, but I’m single right now.” That was the truth. Kyu Hyun was her guy… but she never once called him her boyfriend, what they have was more likely… getting there…

“Aww…” the boy pouted. “My hyung will be sooooo disappointed. He’s waiting for his girlfriend for so long.” he said wiht such exageration.

“Is that so?”

“Yes. He’s been visiting this place every night and he always gives me lollipops so I promised to help him.”

“Really huh?” Sakura kneeled in front of the kid. “Do you know what she looks like?”

He shook his head with disappointment.

“Noona, you are the 138th girl that I asked.” He confessed while scratching his head. The lady found him smart for his young age.  “I was delighted because out of those 138 ladies, you are the first one to match hyung’s description.”

“Seriously?” she pouted.

“Yes. Hyung said Noona is a lot prettier than Song Hye Kyo.”

Sakura blushed instantly. She was never prepared with that kind of compliment.

“Is that a compliment little boy?”

“Nope… you are really pretty noona.”

She laughed.

“Thanks. Come.” She suddenly took the boy’s hand and stood. “Let’s eat some cake, my treat.” She smiled.

The boy jumped and smiled.

“By the way, what’s your name?”

 

“Goon Yoo!” the boy turned to see who was calling him and immediately ran when he saw a figure walking towards them. The light coming from the Banpo bridge didn’t let Sakura recognized the figure. But the voice.... it sent some nostalgic feelings to her.

“Hyung.”

“You?” she hissed when she recognized the one who owns that figure.

“And good evening to you too.” Junsu smiled to her while holding Goon Yoo’s hand.

“Hyung, she’s not your girlfriend. She said she’s single.” Goon Yoo said, unaware of the two people’s past.

“And you can lie to a little kid.” Junsu smirked.

“I didn’t lie.”

“And you call that what? A fib?”

“I don't need to explain to you.” she gave Junsu a glare.

“Hyung.” Goon Yoo pulled his shirt. “You know her?”

Junsu looked at her first before he answered.

“She’s I’m talking about.”

Goon Yoo’s eyes widened.

“You are Hyung’s girlfriend.”

“Yes Goon Yoo.” Sakura smiled at him. “I’m your hyung’s EX girlfriend.” At the same time correcting him. “And you said I’m the liar.” She blew away. " Look who's talking."

Junsu smiled at what she did. She still looks beautiful for him, despite the fact that the make up she was wearing didn’t do justice to her pretty face.

“Let’s talk.” He finally said after a long pause.

“I’m going.” She said as she about to walk but Goon Yoo stopped her. "Let's eat cake some other time huh little boy?"

“Noona, Hyung waited for you for so long. Please have a talk with him.”

“Really?” her voice was full of sarcasm but the kid was too young to notice it. She eyed on Junsu and smirked. “What did you do to this little boy’s brain?”

“Nothing… so mind to have a walk with me? I won’t do anything to you and besides, you are familiar with this place. We used to hung out here remember?” Junsu tried to piss her off and begun to walk, the two followed behind.

Sakura didn’t really mind walking with him. It was actually part of his plan. Get your friends close, and your enemy closer. The same strategy Zhang used to her.

“Hyung said this is your special place.” It was obvious that Goon Yoo was the only person happy for them. He looks like his dream came true when they met up once again.

She just smiled. Junsu told a lot of things to the little boy and Sakura secretly prepared herself on what to come.

“This place changed a lot.” She tried to sound casual as possible.

“Yah…” Junsu nodded. “But there is one place left unchanged.”

“Huh?”

“Over there.” He pointed a spot where there was a tree and a bench under it. It was their ‘special place’ and he was right, it was untouched.

And she felt nostalgic… the days when they were still together flashed on her mind like a movie and her eyes instantly watered as she remembered every scene.

 

“Su…” she giggled at her words. “I love you and I will always trust you.”

“I know.” Junsu replied happily. “This dolphin will never leave his mermaid because he loves her to death.”

 

She was glad that it was dark so the tears that were attempting to escape form her eyes were not visible to anyone. The ‘used to be couple’ walk beside each other while Goon Yoo followed behind like he was making sure that nobody will leave each other.

“Do you come here often?” she silently cursed her self for asking that question but… her heart wanted to know the answer.

“Yes.” He said straightly. “Every night.”

And her heart beats the same way it used to beat whenever she’s with Junsu. She never felt something like that when she’s with Kyu and she definitely knew the meaning of it, the meaning that she dared not to utter.

“Noona… he comes here when he misses you.” laughed Goon Yoo.

Junsu chuckled. He wanted to give the boy a high five but he stopped himself because he knew that Sakura will be furious. He noted himself to buy him lots of candies the next day. His sort of reward for backing him up.

“Is that so?” She said as she sat on the bench under that tree, the tree that was once a witness of their love for each other. And it was also the sole witness when Sakura threw her ring to Junsu and said goodbye.  “Well, you don't need to waste your time going in this kind of place from now on because I will be around.”

"Really Noona? You will never leave again? You will never leave my hyung?" Sakura saw hope on the boy's stare.

Junsu looked at him with questioning eyes. He suddenly got a hint of hope from her words but he was saddened when he realized that it was all part of her plan. Her plans of making him fall for her and give him the same amount of suffering she had or even worse. He’s not an idiot  not to read her mind. But whatever her plan was, he will be a willing victim because he knew that no matter how hard he try to stay away from her, he will always fall for her.

“I’ll be looking forward for that.”

His words were truthful and his eyes were sincere. Saki saw that all and she found it amusing.

“Jaejoong hyung will be throwing a small dinner party on Tuesday. I want you to be there.” She smiled and looked at his eyes, catching his gaze. “And tell your girlfriend to come also.” That sentence almost made her stutter.

“I’m sorry but I don't have a girlfriend.”

“Is that so?” she acted like it was nothing but his words made her heart beats back to normal again.

“Zhang was never my girlfriend and never will be.”

“Why don't you give her a chance? My friend loves you”

Junsu’s stares suddenly became piercing and frightening but Sakura didn’t hold back.  He was about to answer him when someone called Goon Yoo.

“Noona, Hyung, Omma is calling me now.” He said and ran away while waving at them. “I hope you get back together. Thank you for making my hyung happy tonight." His voice faded away in the cold wind.

“What are you saying?” Junsu’s expression didn’t change? “You think it’s easy for me to do that? If you find it easy with that evil guy well not for me.”

“Move one Junsu.” She fought with glares.

He sighed.

“How can you say that?”

“Because I've moved on. Don't get stuck on the past.”

He chuckled hurtfully with her words.

“Is that what I am to you now? A part of a past?”

“Well, if you don't want to consider Zhang, why don't we get back together?”

And her plan officially started.

 

“Forget the past and let’s be together again.”

Junsu looked down and smiled faintly.

“Saki, I will always be a willing prey of you resentment.”

“Huh?” she looked at him in disbelief. He knew what she was thinking but she couldn’t believe her ears. He was willing to accept everything?

“If that’s what will make you happy and satisfied, if that’s what will make you happy and be at peace, I will be more than willing and happy to receive all of your punishment." He looked at her eyes and her heart felt like it was crushed, her breath suddenly became uneven and her eyes showed sympathy for the guy in front of her. She had a second thought on answering or to even continue her plan.

She looked down, ashamed of herself but she didn’t show it to him.

“You know how I love you and it didn’t change a bit.”

She chuckled nervously and tried to deny everything.

“What are you saying? Don't you like it? I want to be with you again. Just like before.”

“I love that but I’m worried about you.”

“Why?”

“You are drowning yourself with your grudge to me.  I don't want you to get hurt.”

“Junsu, why would I hurt myself? And why would I punish you? Like I said, I have moved on.”

Junsu smiled at her.

“I’m not that stupid Saki.”

She gasped.

“I’m giving you the freedom to do what you want. But let me tell you something.”

And Sakura went all ears to him. She wanted to hear every word that will come out from his mouth.

“I’m sorry.” He started. “I’m so sorry… I’m sorry that I hurt you. Sorry if I caused you pain because I was so weak and I didn’t even fight for you. I know it’s too late for me to say these things but I will never be at peace if these words will never come out from my mouth. I never had the chance to apologize, I know it’s useless but at least I tried. I tried moving on too but my heart refuses to let go that’s why no matter what you do, I will still love you.” he begun to tear up.

Those were the exact words he wanted to tell her when he left for Japan. He was hurt and will remain hurting as long as she’s not by his side. He had somehow learned how to endure the pain of being alone but he just can’t lie to his self. His heart was aching for Sakura, his only love.

“I didn’t remember anything that happened between me and Zhang that time but I am wishing that nothing really happened and everything was just a big lie.” His voice broke and he couldn’t hide it to her.

Sakura’s hand began to tremble at the sound of his voice. How she wanted to hug him that time. She badly wanted to say that it’s okay but part of her prevents her for doing what is right. She looked above to try to stop a tear that was forcing it way out of her eyes.

“Never… cry... for someone who won’t cry over you.” she stuttered. She wouldn’t step down and abandon everything just because he apologized.

Junsu didn’t talk.

“You are right. I want to get even because that is the only way for me to be happy. I want you to experience the same torment I had. And let me tell you something too. This is the new Sakura now and I will never change for anyone anymore. I am much better that who I was and I have no plan of returning to my old self. I’m sorry too but I will not accept your apology. I need to be a peace and to achieve that, I  have to make the people who caused my life to be miserable, be brought down to their knees.”

 

But to her surprise Junsu smiled. A smile that was full of determination, unaffectedness and genuineness and acceptance.

“As I said before, I am more than will to pay the price, to be the prey.”

“Don't sound like you are the victim.”

The wind blew and Sakura shivered. Junsu was alert to give his coat to her. But she refused to take it.

“Come on, I don't want you to catch cold.”

“I’m not the one who needs this.” She hissed after he placed the jacket on her shoulders. “My voice will be the same even if I catch cold.” She tried to remove but Junsu stopped him.

“Should I be happy that at least you are worried about me?” Junsu looked at her seriously.

Her heart started beating so fast again.

“Don't get me wrong. I mean nothing with what I said.”

He nodded and looked away.

“So when do you plan to start getting even?” he said without looking.

“As soon as possible.” She panted.

“Should I prepare myself?”

“Of course, because I ‘m planning to give you one immense fight.”

“Then I won’t even try to fight back.”

“And I wont allow you either.”

“I hope it will make you happy.” He said and stood up. Sakura was left startled. “Like I said, it will always be my honor.” And he walked away without looking back.

 

 

 

****************************************************************************

Sorry for making you wait…. Our family is kinda busy preparing for my cousin’s wedding… the place… a million miles away from the capital…. The date…. FEBRUARY 26….. TT

 

I will reply soon… thanks for supporting this fic… your comments really make my day happy. Love yah all.

Keep the comments, suggestions and violent reactions coming…. Few more chapters before the end? Will it be a happy ending?

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK