The Men and Her Pretensions

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

“You dumb sh*t!” Kyu’s fist landed freely on Junsu’s face. He was flaming in anger. Leeteuk immediately went to grab his shoulders. Yunho and Jaejoong attended to Junsu who was on the floor. The other guys looked after the girls who were all scared including Sakura who was still on the dance floor, still frozen with what Junsu did.

“How dare you!” Kyu was trembling and his face was shot red. He then grabbed Junsu by his collar and pulled him up despite his hyungs' tight grip on him. “She no longer belongs to you.” he whispered on his face, giving him a dead shot.

“And she doesn’t belong to you either.” Junsu, who suddenly became tipsy, smirked. The alcohol finally took his effect on him. His legs became wriggly and he couldn’t even support his own weight.

“You ruin my day.” Kyu’s anger was slowly taking him away. His evilness was in front of the poor tipsy dolphin.

Junsu, tried to stand straight, gladly, Changmin was there to support him. “If you think you will have Saki that easy, you are making a fool out of yourself…” he hiccupped. “I will get her.”

“She doesn’t love you anymore.” Kyu yelled.

“You are not even sure about it.” Junsu smiled.  “You think a year is enough for her to forget about me?” he then shook his head. “I’m still not over her and I know she’s feeling the same.”

And another punched nestled on his smooth face.

“Kyu Hyun!” Leeteuk sternly yelled. “Stopped it. “He’s your hyung!”

“Tsk… his wickedness doesn’t allow him to show respect. What do you expect?” Junsu said as blood started to appear on his lips. “ I told you this once… and I will say it again… may the best man win.”

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry for this.” Yunho bowed at Leeteuk. “We’re going.” And carried Junsu who was about to passed out to his broad shoulders. The rest of the DBSK followed behind except for Yoochun who was looking for his wife.

“Guys…” The Suju leader took a deep breath and smiled faintly before he announced that the party was over. “I’m sorry.” He bowed.

 

 

“Saki…” Rei gently grabbed her sister’s elbow and made their way to the restroom. The atmosphere on the dance floor was so intense and the two men close to her heart were almost killing each other.

At the restroom, she allowed Sakura to wash her face with some make-up smears. She was close to crying after Junsu kissed her and her hands were still trembling.  Nobody saw that coming and all of them were shock. She looked at herself at the mirror and took her a while before she finally faced Rei whom she just saw that morning.

The thick eyeliner that almost kept her beautiful eyes hidden was finally gone. And Rei saw the sincere and real Saki once again. No one said anything. They just looked at each other and finally, hugged like their life was depended on it.

Things had been awful for the both of them. Lucky for Rei that she was recovering from the shock that life had given her. But for her sister, she was still suffering, deprived from happiness and peace.

At long last, Sakura cried. She cried her heart out. All the emotions and heartaches she kept for one whole year was poured out on Rei’s shoulders. All the anguish, pain and distress were converted into tears.

“I hate him Mimi.” She balled her fist as words barely came out from her lips.

Rei just rubbed her back, trying to somehow calm her down.

“Why does he keep on tormenting me?” her heart was about to burst out that time.

“Saki…” was all Rei had to say.

“What did I do to deserve this humiliation?” she then pulled herself from that hugged and threw that question to her sister.

But instead of answering, Rei threw a much stronger statement that left her stuttering.

“You still love him.”

She was obviously stunned so Rei continued.

“You can fool the world but not me Saki.” She sadly smiled. “I know you, I know the real Saki. I can see it in your eyes. The answer is in you already.” She cupped her face and wiped her tears with her thumbs. 

“I don't want to suffer anymore and being with him means a lot of afflictions.” Sakura sobbed.

“If you hold back your feelings because you are afraid of getting hurt, you end up hurting anyway.”

She looked away because she was deeply stricken by Rei’s words. It’s not right to love Junsu, that’s what her mind was shouting. She made it for a year without him by her side and she believed that she will make it through. But the scenario was far different when she was in Japan. Junsu and Zhang were now in front of her as she tried to be strong.

“I don't love him anymore.” She put a sound of determination on her voice but it didn’t convince her sister at all, instead she just nodded and said:

“Alright then… if that’s what you say.”

“That’s the truth.”

Rei chose not to response. It was no use anyway. Sakura’s anger was eating her alive. She didn’t have a clue on what was Kyu’s part on her transformation, but she believed that he has something to do with it… and she will find out soon.

She hugged her once again and heard a knock from the door.

“Princess…” They heard Yoochun called. “Are you there?”

“Yoo-chi.”

Sakura then took a deep breath, composed herself and took a glance of her self in the mirror. Her eyes were still puffy but thanks to her shades, she victoriously hides them away from Yoochun. The moment he opened the door, she was once again the feisty Sakura who knows no mercy.

 

 

“Hyung.” Yoochun called Jaejoong while driving. “Saki’s with us. I’ll take her home now.” And then the conversation ended. No one was asking about what happened when the two ladies were in the restroom but Yoochun thought that they have the right to know so he looked at his wife, who was at the passenger sit first and then to Sakura, who was lost in her thought, at the rear view mirror.

“Junsu passed out a while ago.” He started casually but no one seemed to listen. They ladies kept on looking outside but he continued anyway.

“I don't know if that was the effect of the alcohol or Kyu’s punches.” That got their attention.

“Punches?”  Rei faced her husband. “I saw him punched Oppa but I never thought…” she hung.

“That maknae gave Junsu a total of three punches, our Junsu’s lips exploded.” He chuckled, making Sakura looked at him with questions in her eyes. She couldn’t hide her feelings to Yoochun, he knew that the news made her squirmed on the inside. But he commended her for her good acting.

“He drank a bottle of Johnnie Walker. Serves him well.” she said bluntly.

Yoochun just laughed. “But you know what? I think his passing out was due to the kiss he had with you.” That earned him a smack from his wife.

“Ouch!” he grimaced. His wife was finally back to her old self. “I was just joking.”

“You don't have to say that kinds of things.” She reprimanded him.

Sakura smirked. “My breath wasn’t that bad.“ she returned that joke to him.

“Well one thing is for sure… Jaejoong Hyung will not let it pass just like that.” And they all rolled their eyes.

 

 

 

“Yunho said he’ll going to pick you up after class.” Sakura was about to open the door of Jaejoong’s car when he said that and her forehead wrinkled instantly.

“Why?” Jae just shrugged his shoulders before he kissed her cheeks.

“Be a good girl.” He said.

“ I’ll try.” And she walked off.

Every people on the University were astonished when they saw who brought her to school. It was Kim Jaejoong, DBSK’s resident hunk.

“Yah… Sakura-sshi… Is that Jaejoong?” One of her classmate asked.

“So?” she said annoyingly. She received some death glare because of what she said.

“Why is he with you?” another fan girl blocked her way.

“Because he wanted to.” She simply replied. She wanted to piss them off.

She felt proud that Jaejoong is her brother. He supported her all the way and when she decided to pursue her studies, he was there.

“Are you his girlfriend?” a girl with a blonde hair asked with sarcasm on her voice. “As far as I know, you are not his type.”

“And as far as I know, your hair looks horrible on you. Freak.” Sakura hissed before making her way to her class. She wasn’t like that before, she was the usually quiet and friendly type before she left for Japan, but since her return, everything changed. Like a 360 degree turn of events.

 

That day was filled was gossip about her. Of why Kim Jaejoong of DBSK was with her, that she is his current girlfriend. Some even gossiped that she crashed the SM Ent. just to get him. Stupid and all lies but they all just made her laugh on the inside. She was sure that all the girls and even boys at that university will freak out more once they find out who will fetch her home.

And she was right. Her class just ended when she heard a very loud screaming outside, screams that almost broke her eardrums. That made her annoyed once again but when she went outside and saw the reason behind the sudden commotion, a smile appeared on her face.

“Oppa.” she went to him. Yunho hugged and kissed her cheeks in return.

“Yahhh!!!” all the girls circled around them like they were some kind of famous celebrity-well Yunho is but not her.

“Why did you kiss her Oppa?” one girl asked, teary eyed. Like yunho was obliged to answer her.

Yunho just smiled and hugged Sakura’s side, making all of their eyes widened in disbelief.

“Oppa! That girl, if she’s your girlfriend, she’s cheating on you.”

“What?” Sakura winced at that.

“She’s with Kim Jaejoong this morning and she also kissed him!” Told another girl.

“Will you shut up!” She was really irritated.

“Is that so?” Yunho looked at her with a smile and tucked strands of hair on her ears that was covering her face, making the girls howled.

“Yes!” they chorused.

“I think it’s just normal for Jaejoong to bring her to school. She’s his sister anyway.” He told them before they headed to his car.

And all the girls were left dumb founded.

“Burn.” Sakura mouthed with a smirk as the car door closed.

 

“Where do you want to go?” Yunho then asked him while driving.

“Home.” She said lazily. That day was too much for her. Her ears were filled with useless gossips and cheapness.

He chuckled. “Not yet. I told Jae that you will not be home until 8 tonight.”

“Huh?”

“We’ll be starting a series of show next week and I would like to take this day to relax… with you.”

“Why me? You could have chosen anyone… but not me. I have a book report and I need to finish it.” She was still uninterested and her eyes were fixed outside the window looking for something that she can’t even name.

“I want to eat ramen.” He smiled and a bucket load of memories came flashing once again.

She almost forgot that she once work at a ramen house, a place that was a witness of the fairytale she once had.

“I don't want to eat ramen.” She said, she didn’t want to go back to that place, ever.

But Yunho had different plan, he still drove their way to that place despite Sakura’s objection.

“Come on, it serves the best ramen in town.” He smiled as he literally pushed her inside the small store.

“I know. I worked here.”

“Is that so?”

“As if you don't know.” She annoyingly sat her at one corner.

“One spicy seafood ramen please!” Yunho happily yelled. “How about you?”

“Same, minus the chili.”

“Ahjumma! Please add Junsu’s favorite!” he yelled once again which made Sakura frowned.

“I said seafood ramen minus the chili, I never said Junsu’s favorite!” she was obviously mad with what Yunho said but he just ignored her anyway.

“That’s the one I ordered for you. Seafood minus the chili, Junsu’s favorite. Remember?” that made her backed off a little. He was right, that is Junsu’s favorite. But it was way too late for her to change her order. It will be too obvious for her too.

 

“Yunho and Junsu’s ramen.” The Ahjumma smiled to the both of them.

“Thanks.”

“And the manager told me that everything is on the house.”

“Really?” his grin reached his ears. “It’s all free?”

The Ahjumma nodded. “Since this young pretty worked here before."

Sakura saw the manager waved at her afterwards. She returned it with a smile. He still remembered her.

 

“Looks like you’re a regular here.” She just watched him feast on his ramen. She was still full. At least that’s what she wanted to convince herself so the ramen just sat in front of her.

“Ah huh. Since you left for Japan, Jaejoong missed you so much and he wanted to ease that by going to the place you like to go so Junsu recommended this place.”

“Ah… I see.”

And a moment of silence.

“Your ramen is getting cold… it’s not that good to eat when its not hot.” Yunho observed but she answered him with a lie.

“I’m still full.” But her stomach back fired on her. It launches a loud roar after she said that lie.

Yunho laughed with what happened.

“If you don't want to eat that because its Junsu’s favorite, you can order for something else.”

“No… “She sighed. “I’ll eat it.” She usually had nothing to eat while she was in her country, so food is precious to her. So she had to swallow her pride that time and eat what was served in front of her.

 

“So…” Yunho then said. “Have really gotten over him?”

“Huh?” she suddenly stopped eating. Yunho was straightly staring at him. He already finished his ramen while she was just starting up and his question made her to stop.

“Sometimes you think you've gotten over a person, but when you see him you suddenly realize you're just pretending to be over him to ease the pain of knowing that he will never be yours." he said.

"Or at least you don't want to be his.” And changed the last phrase.

“Oppa? What are you saying?” she suddenly felt uncomfortable.

Yunho smiled and said.

“You are one great liar Sakura.”

 

 

 

Her hands on his shoulders, that familiar touch made him smile and lost his senses. Her face was just a breath away, her lovely sweet scent filled his nose and he swore he could have died on her arms that moment. It was all familiar… the touch… everything. His heart was beating a hundred times than normal. His smile finally reached his eyes. He was once again back to his old self, like a battery that was fully charge with energy enough to last for a lifetime….

Her eyes still wear the emotions and sincerity that he witness years back. The thick make up failed to hide her true feelings… She was still the Saki she knew and fell in love with.

And the kiss….

The kiss that almost made him lost his mind. She was still innocent like she used to. The soft and engaging lips remained untouched and that made him almost cry in ecstasy. One whole year didn’t change her much a bit. He still loves her and he also felt that way when their lips collided. Like a canvass that was stained with beautiful colors… giving life to every part of him.

Just like the first time…

 

“Xiah!” the roaring voice disturbed his peaceful sleep.

“Xiah!”

He refused to open his eyes, not yet; he was still enjoying the joy of his dreams.

“I told you, he’s resting!”  He heard another familiar voice.

“I don't care, I want to talk to him, I will wake him up!” Junsu covered his head with his pillow, trying to escape from the world with so much noise and disturbance.

“Xiah!” and a storm-like wrangling on his bed. “Wake up you silly guy, I need to talk to you!”

“Go to hell.” He murmured.

“It’s almost dark and you are still stuck on your stupid bed, stand up and talk to me! You’ve been sleeping for a whole day!” Zhang smack him with a pillow.

He slowly opened his eyes and a stabbing headache welcomed him.

“Ahh!” he grimaced, pulling his hair out of frustration and headache.

“Sorry hyung, I can’t stop this witch from entering. She was unbelievably strong.” Changmin apologized after Junsu sat at the side of his bed. "Like she possess some kind of super powers."

“You shut up Changmin and how dare you call me a witch!” Zhang growled at him.

“A frog then.” He said and left.

“Stupid!”

“Why are you here?!” Junsu blurted and gazed at his watch, it was almost evening. He had been sleeping for more than 24 hours. That blue label really gave him what he needed.

“How dare you kiss her in front of me?!”

“Who?”

“Oh don't play innocent on me. Of course you know who I’m talking about! You almost snatched her lips out of her face on his boyfriend’s birthday party!” the girl was really red in anger. Nerves were appearing on her neck but Junsu didn’t give a damn.

“Saki?” he frowned.

“Yes, that !”

“I kissed her?”

“Don't give me that !”

That made him smile. He gently touched his lips and imagined them on Saki’s. “So it wasn’t a dream after all.”

“Why you!” Zhang almost cried. “I wish Kyu Hyun gave you more than those punches!  You deserve it! “

He then realized everything. His right cheek hurt a bit but it was nothing compare to his headache.

“That maknae… we’ll see each other again.”

“Hey you! You need to explain! You kissed her in front of me and in front of everyone! That’s a lifetime’s worth of humiliation!” she cried.

“I don't need to explain. Who are you anyway?” he stood and walked into the bathroom and locked himself in, leaving Zhang hurt.

 

 

“Are you just going to insult me Oppa?” she straightened her back. She truly lost her appetite that moment.

“Saki, you are the amazing type of rebel. You fooled everyone in that party but not me.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“Stop pretending.”

“I am not pretending.”

“Than how do you call everything…? A lie? Samething. Just be Saki… this is not you.” he eyed him from head to toe. “...the Saki that I almost fell in love with before.”

She chuckled and gave up. She can’t pretend to people with genuine love for her. They know her inside out. Rei was right; she can lie to the world but not to them.

“Everyone sees who I appear to be but only a few know the real me, you only see what I choose to show you but there's so much behind my smile and you saw it all. But it’s ironic because that's how I live my life now. I smile on the outside, and everyone thinks I'm doing fine but I'm always dying inside, always the one who is one step away from the edge. I can't be happy to be who I am because I don't know who I am anymore. Junsu killed me the moment he took that girl. I felt like a part of me was taken away and never brought back, and I was never the same.”

“You are not the only one.” Yunho took her hand.

“Who?” she smiled sarcastically “Are we talking about Junsu? Are you building him up? It’s useless. I don't want to cry anymore.”

“I know what you are planning. You want him to fell on you and make him suffer the same kind of pain he gave you.”

“Because that’s what he deserves.” Yunho was really smart; he read what was inside her head.

“That’s not the Saki that I knew. When did you learn something about revenge? It honestly gives me shivers.”

"Sometimes you have to be a to get things done."

“And then what?”

“I will be happy.”

Yunho sighed and crossed his arm as he rested his back on the chair.

“Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge huh?”

She chose not to reply. Her chest was getting heavier by the minute.

“Junsu… when you left, his world was depopulated. Saki, we told him to let go… and move on, countless of times but he was so stubborn because he loves you. You are not the only one who is hurting.”

“Are telling me to stop getting even? Sorry to tell you but… I came here to do what I gotta to do. Nothing can stop me now because I don't care anymore.”

“You’ll end up getting hurt too.” Sakura saw the sincerity and worry in his voice but her heart was trained to be cruel and tough. She knew that she will end up victorious. If she gets what she returned for, she can start moving on.

“Here in Korea, we believe that if you kick a stone in anger, you'll hurt your own foot. I’m not telling you to get back to him, just learn how to forgive.”

“No one can hurt me now without my permission Oppa.”

“I agree… except your self.” And for the countless of times, Yunho shut her off. “I know you’re hurt. Breaking up was never easy. But you are just pretending not to be, numbing the pain that you have inside your heart and numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it. We will always be here to support you. Stop hurting yourself.”

“I am not.”

“Oh yeah your not.” He hissed. Since he decided to make way for Junsu, Yunho treated her like his little sister and she will not allow her to stay in such stupidity. “You are just trying to kill yourself. Is that what Kyu Hyun thought you to be?”

“He has nothing to do with this!” She banged her fist on the table. The last customer on  that shop left few minutes ago so they were free to talk without getting disturbed.

“Junsu followed you in Japan but someone took you away. It was that maknae huh?” his voice was always calm, deep but not accusing, composed and not accusing. She was amazed on how he did that but its Yunho no one think like him among all the DBSK members, even her own brother. But his last sentence made her eyes widened. She refused to believe it. Junsu will never follow her to Japan because he was too afraid and confused.

She too suddenly turned confused.

“Rubbish…” the strength she showed a while ago was slowly fading away.

“I’m telling the truth.”

“Why would he follow me?”

“I don't know. Why don't you ask him?” he leaned closer and smiled. He noticed that she was getting stiff and the atmosphere between them was really intense so he wanted to cool it down a bit.

“Hell no.”

“Then forever hold your silence.”

“Oppa…” she finally took a deep breath. “Please take me home.”

Yunho just smiled.

 

 

 

Zhang was left in tears once again. She was a beggar for love. She love Junsu but he just keep on hurting her. She could’ve chose to live a peaceful life but her heart kept on asking for Junsu, Junsu alone.

“Why did I have to fall for you when you just keep falling for her?” she sobbed her pain as she drove her way back to her dorm, for the thousandths of time, in defeat.

 

 

“Hyung!” Changmin yelled at him.

“Yah! I’m on my way. I just need to take Saki home.”

“No! You really have to be here.”

“Saki will not agree to come.”

“Don't worry Junsu hyung left a while ago!”

“Alright then.”

“I just need to meet someone at home. Is that okay with you?” Yunho said afterwards.

“By all means.”

And he drove their way home with the question in his mind. He wasn’t expecting anyone. How could it be?

That question was answered when he opened the door to their home. With Saki’s arm linked to his, a girl with a thick glass was obviously taken aback.

“Jaemi?”

 

 

**********************************************************

Who is Jaemi? hehe

It’s for me to know and for you to find out…

 

 

Sorry for the late update… here’s the thing my sister accidentally deleted my draft but don't get mad at her… she was actually reading it… I don't know if she did it on purpose but im glad that I was able to type it all again…. and post it after 45 years…. Sorry for making you wait…. And I soooooo love every single one of your comments…..

 

Love yah all..

 

Tweet me…. Its aejae22

 

Keep your comments…. Suggestions and violent reactions coming……

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK