How deep is her love...

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

 

“Bwoh?! Changmin almost chocked on his juice.

“Am I hearing this right?” Jaejoong seconded.

“Don't let that boy come near me.” Yunho hissed in frustration.

“Speaking of the devil.” Yoochun laughed and all the guys turned to see the SHINee boys entered the gate.

“Hyung!” one of them waved his hands on them like he just arrived from a ten year trip.

“I’m out of here.” Yunho rolled his eyes and walk away.

“Hey hyung!” Yoochun shout back. “At least my burden was lifted up!” he laughed.

 

Leeteuk, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae and HanKyung came early that night while the SHINee boys came after an hour. Taeyeon, Hyo Yeon, Yuri and Tiffany went straight to Rei and Sakura who were busy grilling the pork at Jaejoong’s garden. The small dinner party will be held on that garden, Jaejoong had prepared a very long table for them all with a rope with ten light bulbs hanging above them.

“This is awesome, the atmosphere is very relaxing.” Hyo Yeon said as she took one of the sliced pork.

“Where’s Kyu Hyun?” Tae Yeon asked Sakura as she looked around looking for the man.

“He’s not coming.” Sakura answered casually.

“Why?” Tiffany blurted.

“Junsu is here. I don't want any trouble.”

‘Cause I’ll be the one making trouble later on tonight.'’ Her brain shouted.

“You are right.” Rei agreed.

“By the way…” Yuri looked around and asked. “Where is Yunho Oppa? I thought I saw him a while ago.”

All of the girls just shrugged their shoulders. None of them have the slightest idea of what was going on and why he suddenly hated someone.

 

And soon enough, the barbeque was cooked and everyone gathered at the table except for Sakura who seemed to be waiting for someone.

“Yah… Saki.” Jaejoong called. “Dinner is ready.”

“Wait Oppa, I’m waiting for someone.”

‘Ah yah! So unprofessional! You’re so going to regret it if you don't show up tonight.’ She hissed under her nose.

And after a long while, Zhang finally arrived. Sakura was pissed but she didn’t let anyone noticed it.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” Everyone eyed on the uninvited guest.

“What is that witch doing here?” Hyo Yeon whispered to Tae Yeon who just shrugged her shoulders as an answer.

Sakura tried her best to put up her best smile.

“It’s okay…” she welcomed her for with a hug and a kiss on her cheeks which shock the hell out of the people around them.

“T-thanks…” Zhang stuttered, she was kinda unprepared of what Sakura will gonna do to her. It’s driving her nuts.

Sakura secretly smirked when she saw her expression.

‘That’s it Zhang. Be afraid… ‘ Her eyes said.

“Girls.” Jaejoong called them. “Dinner is getting cold.”

Sakura turned to face them all and smiled.

“I invited her in.” she said and took her hand. “ I hope it’s okay Oppa.” She looked at Jaejoong.

He smiled. “Of course.”

“Enjoy.” She whispered and winked at her.  Zhang immediately followed and sat beside Hankyung.

Sakura on the other hand, once again shocked everyone when she sat beside Junsu. It was her usual place when they were still a couple.

“Hey.” She said across the table. “Why did you sit there?” she asked Zhang who was obviously startled.

“Huh?” she looked at her.

“Why don't you sit beside your boyfriend?”

Sakura heard some gasps and she secretly smiled.

“I… I’m okay beside Geng. And he is not my boyfriend.” At last, something true came out of . Everyone was happy to hear that.

“Are you sure?”

“Y-yah.” Zhang wanted to smack herself for stuttering in front of everyone.

“Well…” Sakura giggled fakely. “Honestly… I will be so jealous if you agree to sit beside Junsu.” She then hooked her arm to him and again, making everyone jaw dropped.

“Hyung…” Changmin was the first once to recover form the shock. He faced Yunho whose expression was the same with everyone. “What am I hearing?”

Sakura laughed. “Oppa… what happen to you? Junsu is my friend and who knows? We might get back together… right Su?” she face him and smiled.

‘Su…’

That name echoed to Junsu’s ears. He was obviously surprised. It’s been a very long time since he last heard that name. Actually, it was more than a name. It was her endearment to him and his heart melted when he heard it once again even if he knew that everything was just an act.

Zhang looked down and Hankyung held her hand under the table for some support. She could’ve responded to Sakura but she chose not to. She was asking her a favor and her show started. She knew that it was better for her to go with the flow and make everyone believe that everything was okay well in fact, everything was wrong.

The dinner went well; everyone was laughing and talking about things and Sakura’s life at the university. No one brought up the subject of her stay in Japan, at least no one dared to.

Junsu was laughing at every story; he tried to keep his head away from Sakura’s actions and plans. He wanted to enjoy the night even if he didn’t have any idea of what was his fate will be like on Sakura’s hands. His only consolation, the girl he loves with all his heart was with him, inches away from him… and he was very thankful for that.

Sakura was surely enjoying the night, the dinner was almost over but her show was just starting up. She looked at Junsu’s food and when he saw that the guy was already finished with his dinner, she excused herself from the rest and went to the kitchen to get the special dessert she made for Junsu.

“Woah! What’s that?” Leeteuk’s mouth suddenly watered when he saw what Sakura was bringing.

“I made some Sakuramochi for Su but I’m sorry, I only made them for him.” She smiled sweetly.

“That’s not fair.” Changmin’s voice echoed. “ I want one!”

“Nope.”

“Please?”

“Mimi baked some cupcakes, you have them but not this one.” She said and once again sat beside Junsu.

“Try it.” She took one and put it inside his mouth. “Tell me how it tastes?”

Junsu slowly chewed the mocha and soon enough, his mouth started to burn. He suddenly felt hot and his hand held his glass of water tightly but Sakura eyed him, making him stopped whatever he was planning.

“T-this sure tastes good. Just like before.” He tried to smile even though the burning sensation got to his eyes.

“Really?” Sakura let out an excited face. “Thanks… now you have to finish it all for me.”

Sakura thought he was going to back out since she stuffed those Sakuramochis with Cayenne peppers. She knew that Junsu doesn’t like spicy food, unlike Jaejoong who loves it.

‘Burn…literally.’ She hissed secretly.

But Junsu didn’t back down. If that was Sakura’s way of getting even, he will accept it wholeheartedly. He smiled and took another sakuramochi and stuffed it inside his mouth like a regular one.

 

“Yummy.” He tried to laughed the spiciness off but his ears started to turn red as in red as tomatoes.

“Really?” Sakura giggled. “Don't worry, I will make you mochis often.” She assured with a deadly smile on her face.

“Hyung, can I have one?” Changmin swallowed hard and eyed the two remaining Sakuramochis on the plate.

“Yah me too.” Sungmin seconded but Junsu took the plate away from them. His throat was burning seriously and he couldn’t take it anymore. He also began to sweat uncontrollably.

He took another and another and his mouth was completely on fire. He wanted to choke but he stopped himself, not in front of everyone, not in front of Sakura. When he finally couldn’t take it, he excused himself and went to the comfort room. Sakura excused herself and followed him. Zhang was left staring at them, green in jealousy but she couldn’t do anything about it in which Hankyung, who was beside her, found weird.

 

 

Junsu rinsed his mouth with the cold water running down from the faucet. He felt like his mouth was set on fire and he needed to extinguish it. His face was unbelievably red and his eyes were tearing up.

“Like it?” Sakura lean her shoulder at the opened door with her arms crossed. “What’s wrong? It took me the whole afternoon to make those.” She said as if nothing happened.

“I… I like t-them.” He tried hard to response to her. His lips felt like than usual and the burning sensation was killing him.

“Good.” She smiled. “Fix yourself. I’m only starting.” And he left the staggering Junsu behind.

“I will not give up on you.” he murmured at her back.

 

 

And soon, that sumptuous dinner was over. Zhang knew that Sakura’s show was about to begin and she ready herself for what was yet to unveil. For that night, she will swallow everything; she will gulp down everything even her pride just to prove herself worthy of Junsu’s love and affection. She was tired of being the ‘other girl’ who kept on running after him. For that night, she will make him see how deep was her feelings for him. It was more than a battle between her and Sakura, it was a war and she will make sure that she will have the last laugh. But that was never meant to happen.

“I’ll wash the dishes.” Sakura happily volunteered, making everyone smile. She was extra giggly that night and everyone noticed it.

“L-let me help you.” Zhang slowly stood and helped her pick up the plate one by one.

“Are you sure?” Still, the smile never left her beautiful face.

“Y-yah…” secretly, Zhang was cursing herself for stuttering in front of everyone especially in front of Sakura.

"Thanks."

 

They carried the dishes on the kitchen with everyone’s eyes on their back.

“What’s wrong with them?” Yoochun whispered to his wife.

“Friends?” She answered back with shrugging shoulders. Yoochun shrugged his shoulders back and focused on the topic they were currently discussing. But unknown to them, Yunho was thinking differently. He knew something was up or Sakura was up to something. He saw something in her eyes and he also ready his self on what was about to come.

They were so drowned with laughing when they suddenly heard some clash inside the house. The guys instantly stood and checked it out.

“What is that?” Taeyeon nervously blurted.

Rei also stood and went inside. Zhang was inside with Sakura and even if she was her friend, she just couldn’t trust the Chinese girl.

At the kitchen, they all saw the broken plates scattered on the floor, with a very nervous and trembling Sakura.

“Saki!” Rei hugged her side, worried. “What happened?” But she just stared at Zhang nervously.

“What did you do!” Junsu instantly grabbed her shoulders and pushed her against the wall.

“N-nothing!” Zhang answered back but nobody believed her. Even her bestfriend, Hankyung was eyeing her suspiciously. He knew that she was capable of doing something like that.

“Blood!” Rei suddenly gasped, Making everyone looked at her. “You cut your foot.” She sat down and saw the blood flowing on her left right foot.

“W-we were going to the sink w…when… when Zhang dropped all the plates on the floor.” Sakura said, making her foe’s eyes widened.

“Of course not.”

“I’ll get the medicine.” Rei rushed and Jae and Yunho helped Sakura sat so that her wound will be treated.

Everyone looked at Zhang with hatred and Sakura was smiling inside. She loved the moment; everyone was mad at her and hates her. The plan worked out fine except for that little accident that caused the unwanted wound on her foot.

 

“Let’s go home.” Hankyung grabbed Zhang's wrist and literally dragged her.

“Geng!” she fought back, trying to escape from his grip.

“You are causing trouble here. What do you want?!” Hankyung was furious.

“No…” they turned to Sakura. “Let her stay, I know she didn’t meant it. Her hands were slippery that’s why the plates fell.” She smiled and looked at Zhang. “Right Zhang?”

“You have to apologize!” Junsu shouted.

“What?!” Zhang couldn’t believe it. They were asking her to apologize for something she didn’t do.

They were about to put the plates on the sink when Sakura suddenly bumped her shoulders causing her to lose her balance and the plates slided down from her hands and much to her surprised, she then threw the plates she was holding on the floor. She was terribly shocked that she didn’t have the time to react properly. She never expected Sakura to do such horrible things.

“At least have the decency to say sorry to Sakura and Jaejoong Hyung! You broke all the plates!” Hankyung yelled.

“Okay!” Sensing that it was her plan, she took a deep breath and bowed to Sakura. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do it.”

“It’s okay… it was an accident.” Sakura smiled evilly.

She underestimated the Japanese girl. She had a lot in store for her and she had to endure them all and that made her furious. She badly wanted to beat the crap out of her but she just couldn’t do it because she was in her territory and her brother was beside her. No matter how she look at it, she was on the losing side.

Rei treated and wound and wrapped it with a bandage, the cut was not deep but the blood flowed uncontrollably and it gave Sakura a hard time walking.

‘Geez, Karma is so fast.’' She told herself but it didn’t make her stop. She was just starting up and she had planned a lot to make Zhang look stupid in front of everyone.

And she was successful, that night was full of disaster and shame for Zhang. She once almost tripped on the slippery floor because someone broke her heels. Everytime she tried to join the conversation, Sakura would always shut her up without anyone noticing it. She was smart and Zhang just couldnt handle her fire that night.

And as if fate was also playing on her, because of her broken heels, she was carrying a glass of juice and walking to meet his bestfriend when she suddenly twisted her ankle and the juice was poured all over Sakura who was siitong on the couch.

“What the .... !” She shouted furiously!

“I’m sorry.” It wasn’t part of Sakura’s plan but none of them expected it to happen. Zhang earned lots or deadly stres because if it.

“Are you doing it on purpose?” Sakura asked.

“No!”

“Yah…” Junsu frowned at Hankyung. “Take the girl home.”

“Let’s me clean it for you.” Zhang didn’t lose her senses, she grabbed a tissue from her bag and started to wipe the stain from her dress making it worse.

“Yah!” Sakura’s palm landed on Zhang's face, making everyone squeal. “It’s my favorite dress!”

“Saki!” Jaejoong gave his sister a questioning look. It was Zhang’s fault but what she did was wrong.

Hankyung instantly went to Zhang’s side who was still rubbing her stinging face.

“She ruined my dress!”

“Since you when did you become violent?”

“I am not! She did it on purpose!”

“She said sorry.”

“The damage has been done!” and Jaejoong gave him a disapproving looked. He suddenly felt like he was no longer talking to his sister, Sakura that time was like someone else.

“Enough!” Zhang suddenly yelled. “I had enough! Is this the way you wanted me to prove my love for Junsu?”

“What ?” Junsu’s brows boxed.

“Is this your way of getting even?”

“What are you talking about?” she crossed her arms. “You poured your juice over me. How do you want me to react?” she gave her a warning look but Zhang was pissed.

“I said I’m sorry.”

“Yah right! First, you threw the plates on me and now this? What’s next?”

“I didn’t throw those plates on you! You pushed me!” Zhang felt her eyes getting hotter as she tried to defend herself. Everyone on that house was watching them. Hankyung was on her side and holding her arms, preventing her to do something on Sakura. Jaejoong was obviously not happy with what was happening. Everyone looked at her like she was some kind of a criminal.

“What are you trying to say?” Sakura leaned closer and looked at her furiously. She looked at her like a predator ready to slay her helpless prey.

“You planned everything out right?”

“Stupid.” She hissed.

“You even put cayenne peppers on those Sakuramochis.”

And that statement made everyone gasp including her.

“You are one desperate girl. Why would I do such thing? Junsu hates spicy food so why would i do that? How pathetic.”

“Why don't you ask him?” Zhang pointed at Junsu who was so quiet that time.

“Su…” Sakura smiled at him. “Zhang here is jealous because she didn’t taste the Sakuramochi’s. Why don't you tell her how they tasted?”

Junsu looked down. All eyes were on him now. It wasn’t about the sakuramochis but about the pride and dignity of those two girls in front of him. If he lied, Zhang will surely lose everything and be put into shame but if he tells the truth, that thing will happen to Sakura… his lady love.

“Why don't you answer!” said Zhang who was turning red in anger.

He looked up and looked at her straight in the eyes.

“They were good and I don't know what you’re talking about.”

“What?” Zhang couldn’t believe it. She saw her put those peppers on his food and Junsu was denying it.

“I said they were good. Stop inventing things.” Sakura smiled victoriously.

“Xiah!”

“Hankyung…” Jaejoong then said. “Please take her home.”

He nodded and bowed to everyone as she dragged her on the door.

“You have to believe me! That girl is a and she wanted to get even!” she tried to free herself but it was useless.

“Yah right.” Sakura hissed and then gave Junsu a pretty smile.

And Junsu thought it was over. Hankyung just started his car when a black sedan parked in front of Jaejoong house and knocked on the door. Leeteuk who was near opened it for them.

It was Kyu Hyun, smiling sweetly with his eyes on Sakura.

“Am I late?” he winked at her.

“No you’re not.” She walked to him and hooked her arms on his neck and gave him a very passionate kiss in front of everyone… in front of Junsu.

 

 

*****************************************************

Hi there everyone, sorry for making you wait… promise to try updating everyday like before…..

 

Love yah all…

Your comments really matter….

Please keep them coming and tell me how you feel….

I will reply to it on the next update, hopefully tomorrow…

 

Love you all

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are always welcome…..

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK