Start

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

“Where’s Junsu Oppa?” Rei asked Saki as she poured the liquid chocolate to the fountain. It was YooMi’s 1st birthday and everyone was busy preparing for the party.

“He’s still recording. But he promise to come.” She smiled. She was cutting the fruits that go with the chocolate fondue. “And besides, how can he miss YooMi’s birthday? He won’t exchange it for the world.”

“You’re right.” She nodded. “YooMi will not be happy without him.”

 

“Princess.” Yoochun called from the door. “I can’t find the party hats.”

“In the cabinet Yoo-chi.” She answered without looking at him. She was so busy preparing the food.

 

Since their relationship was still hidden from the media, YooMi’s party was a secret. No children were invited. Only the famous SM artists were present but that time, a Yoona-less SNSD finally made it. They were back from the states and having their week of vacation. And they arrived early at the party.

 

“Happy birthday YooMi!” Yuri greeted the little girl. It was the first time they saw her so they never let the guys to snatch her away from them.

“Aigoo YooMi…” Hyo Yeon gently pinched her red cheeks. “I’m glad you don't look like Yoochun Oppa… You’re pretty like you’re Omma.”

“Ahem.” Yoochun coughed from behind. He and Yunho were posting the banner that had YooMi’s picture on it. “I heard it.”

Hyo Yeon, the funniest SNSD laughed. “But it’s true Oppa. You’re daughter is so pretty just like her Omma.”

“YooMi!” Taeyeon, the leader snatched her from Yuri’s hands. “Cuchi chuci… how’s our little angel?” she smiled. “I’m Taeyeon and we’re both pretty!” she said as she swayed her around. Yunho laughed secretly and continued what they’re doing. They miss the girls a lot and it was nice that they’re back to celebrate with their little YooMi.

“Who’s pretty?” Jessica seriously asked. “I don't see anyone.” She even looked around trying to piss their leader. “Oh there!” she said when she saw YooMi.

“Yah!” Taeyeon glared at her. “You want to die young?” she hissed.

“Oh my gosh!” Tiffany giggled. “YooMi’s an angel! You really look like Rei! Cute!” she even pinched her cheeks.

“Careful!” Sunny pushed her out of the way. “You’re gonna make her cry.” She then faced YooMi and showed her cutest smile. “Hi there cutie… I’m Sunny…. Come...” she got her from Taeyeon. The little girl instantly hugged her back, making her jump for joy.

“Yah!” Taeyeon yelled. “Stop doing that!”

“She likes me.” She giggled like a child.

“Ah yah…” SeoHyun, the maknae shook her head in disappointment. “Sunny Unnie will die young because of her attitude.”

“Right.” The tallest SNSD, SooYoung agreed.

Sunny just pouted because of it. “I will just help Rei in the kitchen.”

“Good idea.” SooYoung yelled as she walked away.

 

“Where’s Junsu Hyung?” Changmin frowned as he lifted the chairs to the living room. He had been doing the job all alone.

“He had some recording to do.” Yunho told their maknae. “Don't worry, Jaejoong will help you with that.”

“He’s not here.” He said panting. Lifting heavy chairs was no joke. His stomach started to rumble and the good smell from the kitchen added to his growing anger.

Yunho and Yoochun frowned. They thought that he was helping Rei and Sakura at the kitchen.

“He went out to get the cake.”

“Ahh…” Both of them nodded.

“Hyung, I’m tired.“ He protested. “Can I take a rest?” his handsome face was very sweaty already.

“Changmin, the party’s gonna start in two hours and there are still lots of work to do.”

Changmin pouted and turned his back from then and started to lift the chairs once again. They were all doing it for YooMi so he had no choice but to do it.

 

 

It was half an hour before the party when the always noisy Super Junior arrived followed by the ever childish SHINee.

“YooMi-ahh!!!” Shindong yelled from the door, making everyone covered their ears. YooMi who was on SooYoung’s lap laughed soundly because of his funny face.

“Yah!” Shindong laughed with her and kneeled in front of SooYoung to cuddle the birthday girl. “You miss me huh?” YooMi laughed even more.

“YooMi is enjoying Shindong’s funny face.” Yesung announced.

“Ki Bum-ah, Ryeowook-ah…” Changmin sighed. “Kyu…”

“Hyung?” they all said.

“He-l-p.” his eyes pleaded, He couldn’t take it any longer. The chairs were seriously heavy.

The three maknaes followed alertly.

 

But Onew’s words captured everyone’s attention especially Yoochun.

“Oh YooMi….” He said sweetly. “You’re boyfriend is here.” He even pushed Shindong out of his way to get her from SooYoung. He even kissed her cheeks afterwards. “Happy birthday…”

“What did you say?” Yoochun who was carrying the ladder out of the house suddenly stopped. “YooMi’s what?”

“Ah.” He nervously mumbled. “YooMi’s boyfriend.”

“Seriously?” he frowned.

“Yah…” SHINee’s leader then smiled at him. “Appa.”

“What the…?” Yoochun grimaced with what he said.

Jonghyun and Key scratched their head because of his candidness.

“You called me Appa?” the father couldn’t believe it. Yunho who was behind him laughed. Onew’s serious expression made everyone laughed.

“Yah… YooMi will be my girlfriend as soon as she grows up.” He said undaunted. He maybe SHINee’s so-called leader but he can act childishly better that Taemin.

“You’re a grandpa then Hyung.” Taemin innocently said, making everyone crack in laughter.

“Hyung.” Minho batted it. “Don't mind him. He forgot to take his medicine this morning.”

Yoochun nodded. “I understand now. ” and continue to walk away.

“Yoochun Appa.” Onew called him once again. “I want to be YooMi’s boyfriend.”

Yoochun’s ears turned bright red because of it. He closed his eyes tightly and took a deep breath, he was trying to understand his condition but his words really sent chills down his spine.

“You are one crazy guy.” He hissed. “YooMi is a year old. How can she be your girlfriend? And who give you the confidence to tell that in front of my face?”

“But its true.” He said pouting.

Yoochun then gave the ladder to Yunho and walked towards him and stole YooMi from him and gave her to Leeteuk who was also laughing his head off.

“Appa!” he yelled. “Give me back my girlfriend.”

“Ah Yah…” Key looked down; he was ashamed with what Onew was acting. “He’s hopeless.”

“Hyung!” Minho added. “Stop putting us into shame.”

“This is cute.” Sunny said behind them. She was back from the kitchen “Our Jinki is in love with little YooMi.”

“Yah!” Yoochun scowled. “Don't say that.”

“Why?” she innocently asked. “You’re also older than Rei right?”

Onew nodded happily. He got Sunny by his side.

Although it was not serious, Yoochun couldn’t take their jokes, he felt like he wanted to puke.

“Oh please Sunny. How can you say that?” He said. “I’m only older by 3 years… not 20 plus! Onew could pass as her father for heaven’s sake.” His eyes widened at his own words.

Then Rei appeared from the kitchen. They finally finished their work.

“Food’s ready.” She announced.

“Omma!” Onew walked towards her and hugged her tight. Yoochun was once again shocked. Something was really wrong with Onew.

“Y-You called me Omma?” she said after the hug broke. Onew nodded sweetly at him.

“I’m YooMi’s boyfriend.” He said. Rei just swallowed hard with what he said.

“You’re not serious right?” she tried to smile.

“No, I’m actually serious.” He said.

“Oh…” she said. “You are? Okay…” she once again sighed and looked at her husband who was shock. “O-Onew…” she chuckled nervously. “Why don't you redirect your overflowing energy to the kitchen where the food is at? Promise… you’ll forget your name AND YooMi because of it.”

“Really?” he finally said and headed in the kitchen like a kid. Everyone followed behind.

 

“He’s not serious right?” she said to Yoochun.

“Over my dead body.” He hugged her side and kissed her head. “I will teach that funk a lesson someday.”

Rei smiled at her husband. “Looks like you’ll be having a hard time when YooMi reached sixteen.”

“She’s just one but I’m having a headache already. No…” he shook his head. “I will not allow her to have a boyfriend until she’s 30.”

“What?” she looked at him in disbelief. “No one will be interested on her then.”

“Nah…” he hissed. “Our YooMi is pretty… Everyone will swoon after her… but they would have to face me…”

“Ohhh.” She smiled. “Scary.”

 

 

“Saki, where’s that dolphin?” Jaejoong asked Sakura. He had just arrived with her niece’s cake. It was sure pretty and expensive. He was actually spoiling his niece.

“He’ll be coming Oppa.” She replied. Her guy was still at the recording studio, working.

“I’ll kill him if he missed this one.” Jae said seriously.

 

The party was almost over and the guest started to open their gifts for the birthday girl but Junsu was still nowhere in sight. Saki tried to call him but he wasn’t answering so she assumed that he was in the middle of recording.

 

 

“Zhang…” he took a deep breath and said. “You have to be a little careful on the note on the second verse… it’s very critical (I really don't know what I’m saying here… I love music but music doesn’t love me…;P)

Zhang smiled and nodded. They started to record once again.

“Sometimes, I think that she was doing it on propose. “ The director said plainly to the busy Junsu. He was adjusting some buttons on the system while Zhang remained inside the booth.

“What do you mean?” Junsu asked without looking.

“She can reach those notes perfectly but it looks like she enjoys your comment.”

“My criticism.” He corrected him.

“I think she likes you.”

Junsu just chuckled. He was in the middle of work and he has no time for jokes.

“Sorry but I’m already taken.”

“Seriously?” the director was surprised. He too was clueless about everything. Junsu just laughed at his reaction.

 

“Is it good now Oppa?” Zhang asked from the booth. Everyone looked at her when she said the word “Oppa”. The word started a buzz over the female staff.

“Aish…” said one. “I’m beginning to hate her.”

“Yeah.” The other one nodded. “No one can match her confidence.”

 

“It’s okay.” Junsu nodded, expressionless. “We’ll have to finish this one and then wrap it up.”

“Okay.” She giggled.

 

After the recording, he checked on his phone and found out that it ran out of battery, He was sure that Sakura and YooMi was waiting for him. He’d been working for two days straight now without any sleep and he was dead tired. But it was YooMi’s birthday and he just can’t let it pass.

 

 

 

 

“We’ll go now.” Leeteuk bowed to the couple and headed for the door.

Rei who was holding YooMi bowed. “Thank you for coming Oppa.” She smiled.

“Ah… hyung.” Onew was looking down, avoiding eye contact with Yoochun. “We’re going also.”

Yoochun chuckled and ruffled his hair. “Thank you for coming.”

“Hyung, can I kiss YooMi?” he requested.

“No.” he said straightly.

“Yah….” He pouted and walked away while s followed behind.

“I’m sorry for Hyung.” Minho apologizes.

“It’s okay Minho.” Rei smiled at the man that loved her secretly. He still loves her but since Yoochun was back, he hides all his feelings under the ground. “Thank you for coming.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.” Yoochun reply and hugged her wife’s side protectively. Minho was still a threat for him. He once tried to get her away from him and that’s something he won’t allow to happen again.

 

Soon, only the 7of them was left but still Junsu hasn’t arrive yet. They were at the living room chatting when Sakura entered, bringing some fruits for them all.

“Did he call you?” Yunho asked her.

She shook her head. “I think his phone is off. I can't reach him.”

“Ahhh.” Yoochun hissed. “I can’t believe he missed YooMi’s birthday.”

And as if YooMi, who was on her father’s lap understood, she cried.

“Ah, what’s wrong baby?” he asked.

“S-su…” she mumbled.

He and Rei looked at each other. Their baby just called Junsu.

“He’s coming baby.” he tried to calm her down. Rei stood to get some milk but still, they can’t calm her down.

“Aish.” Jaejoong got her from her dad. “YooMi… you miss the dolphin?” and she whined even louder.

Yunho was about to dial his phone when the door suddenly opened.

“Su.” Sakura went to him and gave him a hug.

He was bringing a huge gift for YooMi.

“Sorry I’m late.” He panted. He tried his best to get in the party in time but he failed.

“YooMi’s waiting for you.” Yoochun said.

“Ah…” he tried to smile and kissed the crying YooMi. She then stopped crying and extended her arms to Junsu. He smiled and took her from Jae.

“She really loves you.” He commented.

“And I’m jealous.” Yoochun shook his head. YooMi was much closer to Junsu than anyone else in the group because he always makes it a point to play with her no matter how busy he was.

“You want to eat now?” Saki asked him from behind. He just nodded as a reply. He was actually too tired to talk.

 

 

“Yah…” Yoochun hissed when Rei opened Onew’s gift. All of them were still at the living room while YooMi was in her bedroom, swaying away to dream land. Changmin stared excitedly at her gifts from the SME artist. They really spent some huge amount of won for her. Yunho sat on the floor; he was more excited than anyone else in that room. Sakura was on the sofa with sleeping Junsu on her lap.

It was a doll with the picture of Onew on her pink little dress.

“Pretty.” Sakura whispered, not wanting to wake her guy.

“It would be prettier without the picture of that ogre.”  Yoochun said.

“Our dolphin is so busy…” Yunho suddenly said after he stared at him. He was sleeping like dead on Sakura’s lap and he was breathing heavily.

“He’s been working non-stop for two days now.” She said worriedly.

“Maybe hyung is saving for your wedding.” Changmin said as he helped Rei opened the other gifts.

Sakura blushed because of it. She loved the thought that Junsu was working hard to save for their wedding. He hadn’t propose yet and she wasn’t ready herself. She also wanted to keep her word to Jaejoong. She wanted to finish her studies first before getting married.

 

She brushed his hair while smiling. Her Junsu was working so hard for her and she promised herself to work hard as well… Sakura thought that those simple absences were okay… Junsu started to miss their dates. He suddenly can’t keep his promise to her. They were times that the couples didn’t see each other for a whole week which was weird since DBSK was only in Korea. Sakura once called him to hear his voice. She was missing her dolphin but she cannot do anything because she knew that it was Junsu’s job. It’s his life even before they met.

But then… Junsu missed something special….

 

 

*********************************************************************

Okay I will end here….

Am I allowed to mention your name?

Unnie… I’m having a hard time…. Help….

I’m proud of my comment box… you see…. The comments were sooooooooooooooo long… my subscribers really took their time to give their critic…. Thank you……

 

Love yah…. Send me more love….

Comments…. Suggestions and violent reactions (which I’m sure that I will be receiving soon.) are loved….

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK