First Visit

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

 

 

“Princess…” Yoochun pouted. “Sorry.”

Rei rolled her eyes and continued washing the dishes.

“Princess.” He hugged her from behind, making her position awkward.

Her baby bump was showing and with what he was doing, a simple dish washing was made difficult.

“Stay away.” She tried to free herself. “Cant you see that I’m busy?”

“Not until you forgive me.”

“Get lost.”

“You really want me to get lost?” he seriously asked.

“Yes.”

“I won’t be coming back.” he warned.

She glared at him.

“Are you scaring me?”

“Why are you scared?” he leaned towards her.

“You want to know the answer?” she fought with his stares.

“Ah yah!” he scratched his head in defeat. “I know you want to see Saki. I wasn’t to see her too but not in that situation.”

“Why not?”

“Princess, you are having a delicate pregnancy.”

“I can handle it.”

“Will you please listen to me? Think about Yoo In.”

“Yoo In?” her forehead wrinkled. “Who is Yoo In?”

“Our baby.” he smiled.

“His name is Yoo Jae.” She blurted.

“Yoo Jae?” it was her husband turned to grimace. He found the name…weird.

“Yes, Yoo Jae.” She nodded and removed her apron. She finally finished washing the dishes.

“From your name and Jaejoong Oppa.”

He once again scratched his head.

“Princess, it sounds weird. Let’s stick to Yoo In.”

“No, Yoo In sounds weird.”

“Oh come one. Let’s just think of another.”

“No, I want Yoo Jae.” She won’t give in to her husband just like that. She badly wanted that name and she will get it, whether he likes or not.

“Princess?”

She glared at him.

He glared back.

“Yoo Jae.”

“Yoo In.”

“Don't provoke me.” She gave him a warning look.

He smirked.

“Don't let me forget that you’re pregnant.”

“ert.” She hissed on his face.

Yoochun smelled her sweet breath and quickly planted a kiss on her lips. Her lips tasted like the first time he stole her kiss. She stepped back, surprised.

“Yah!” and protested.

“Yoo In.”

“No!”

“Princess?”

“You can sleep on the couch tonight if you will insist that weird name.” she then pouted.

He sighed.

“It’s Yoo Jae then.”

“Good.” She smirked and went away.

 

 

But unknown to Yoochun, Rei will be facing a bigger problem.

 

“Tsk… tsk…” the doctor’s small eyes narrowed, making them disappear from her face.

She was looking at Rei’s 3D ultrasound pictures. Rei watched closely and waited for what she was going to say with much anticipation and nervousness.

“You really have to be careful” she finally said, making her squirm in discomfort.

Yoochun wasn’t beside her that time because he was recording with the rest of the DBSK for the coming album.

“That serious?” she reluctantly asked.

The doctor nodded as an answer.

“You’re on your sixth month now but his heart beat is that of four months.”

“Is there anything that we can do?” she gently massaged her tummy. The news made her nervous. She almost lost YooMi before and she cannot afford to lose her son.

“Just be careful.  But what’s bothering me is that I won’t be here next month.”

“Huh?”

“I will be attending to some important things in the states but I will entrust you to my most trusted friend.” The doctor assured her. “I will be here during your delivery.”

Rei smiled but fear never left her eyes.

“You may want to seek for a second opinion though. I have a colleague who specializes on this kind of cases. She will surely know what to do to prevent such damages.” The doctor explained.

“Where can I find her?” Rei then said eagerly. She will do anything to save her son. She will find the doctor wherever she is.

“She works in a hospital in Osaka.”

“Osaka?” she muttered. “J-Japan?”

She nodded and a smile suddenly appeared from her face.

 

 

 

 

 

The strawberries were plump and red. They were waiting to be picked up by the rough hands of the farmers. Everyone was busy that day. Every farmer had their own place to harvest their most precious fruit.

Saki looked up as the sunlight streaked down to her tanned face. She was somehow happy because she will finally harvest the fruits she worked for three months. It was her first harvest since she returned and looking at her basket full of strawberries, she was sure that it would be a good day for her.

 

Three months in Japan.

Most of the farmers thought that she had a blissful time in Korea because there was never a day that she didn’t smile and laugh.  She was working even before the sun rises and laughed her days work till the moon reached the sky. Everyone thought that she was really happy. She fooled everyone that everything was alright and she was having a blast in that province. But none of them know the real score. None of them noticed how she cried her heart out during the nights. None to them saw her sadness. Nobody saw her grief.

 

“Ah Saki!” Minami shouted from the other side of the road.

She was preparing to deliver her harvest to the nearest market where strawberry lovers were waiting.

“Someone is looking for you!” the little girl waved her hands to get her attention.

“Who?” she shouted back. She couldn’t remember anyone that would probably make a visit.

“A buyer?”

“I don't know! He’s in your house, waiting!” and then she left.

“Ah!” She slapped her forehead in frustration. Her delivery will be delayed and that would mean less income for her. She had been waiting for that day to arrive and she will never let it pass just because an unwanted visitor came.

 

She fanned herself with her hat as she walked her way to her house. It was in the middle of the day and the sun was unforgiving. She then saw a guy seated at the wooden bench in front of her house. His face was covered with his baseball cap and there was a big bag on his feet with some flowers beside it. By his looks, Saki though he was sleeping. But that didn’t bug her. She has work to do and she will do it on time.

 

She coughed to get his attention but the guy didn’t move an inch.

“Excuse me?” she went to him and gently nudged his shoulder. “Mister.”

The guy squirmed and removed the cap that covered his face.

Saki was taken aback. She wasn’t expecting him to be there. It was truly a big surprise.

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Changmin stormed Jaejoong’s house like a kid. “I need food!”

“Ah Mr. Shim.” Mr. Lee welcomed them and bowed.

Changmin and Yunho were forced to bow their heads.

“Mr. Lee, where’s Jae?” Yunho asked.

“He left this morning.”

They looked at each other and frowned.

“Where did he go?”

Mr. Lee scratched his chin as if he was trying to remember something.

“Japan.”

“Japan?” Yunho and Changmin chorused and looked at each other once again.

They have a 3-day break and Jaejoong took it and went off to Japan to visit someone.

 

 

 

“Hi Saki!” Jaejoong grinned widely at her.

“O-Oppa?”

“I came for a visit.”

And without any words, she suddenly went to him and hugged him tight.

Finally, a family. She had been waiting for it for a long time. She buried her face to Jaejoong’s warm chest. It really made her feel comfortable, relieved and…. Loved and for the first time in three months…. She cried.

“O-Oppa!” she yelled and cried her heart, wetting his shirt.

Jaejoong hugged back, smiling and gently tapped her back. She missed him and he missed her too. Rei would’ve been so happy if she was with them.

“Those strawberries looked good.” He then said after the hug.

He looked at the basket and rubbed his tummy, hungrily.

She laughed and took the basket.

“Let’s go inside.”

There was no way those strawberries will reach the market. Her Oppa visited her and he deserved to have her first harvest.

 

It was Jaejoong’s turned to be shocked when he saw the inside of his sister’s house.

The house could literally pass for a box with nothing in it but a thin mattress and a small wooden cabinet where Saki put her things. There was a small window with a broken pane.  The roof could barely protect her from the heat or rain and the floor was the most awful. Saki sleeps with bugs on her side.

He couldn’t even imagine that Rei also lived in that kind of environment, in that kind of house. He suddenly felt pity for his sisters. He also felt guilty on how he treated Rei at first. She was right when she said that she can live in a pigpen just to be with him. It was really heart wrenching and unbearable.

His feet instantly froze when he saw the house.

“Oppa have a seat.” She arranged the mattress on the floor and removed her shoes.

But Jaejoong stayed at the door, dumbfounded. It was also the time where he noticed her looks.

Her rosy white cheeks turned into dull and lifeless. She was wearing a jacket that had been worn out due to its age. Her feet that used to wear pretty and fancy shoes suddenly sported a boots whose looks was beyond imaginable. The cheerful and pretty Saki was gone.

“Oppa?” she frowned. “Is there something wrong?”

“Saki.” He took a step and kneeled in front of her, on the dirty floor, took her hand and rubbed them gently.

The unfamiliar roughness made him frowned.

“Oppa…” she shyly pulled them away. “I’ve been planting strawberries since I came here so it’s but natural that my hands are like this.”

“Saki, you are coming home with me to Korea.”

 

 

 

“Yoo-chi…” Rei hugged her husband from behind.

Yoochun instantly felt the bump.

“I love you.” she whispered to the back of his ears.

“I love you more.” He replied.

He was busy preparing the nursery. From the curtains to the carpet, Yoochun made sure that he was hands on. He made sure that every detail was given proper attention.  It was for his baby and he didn’t settle for anything less.

He was currently doing some finishing touches when Rei entered.

“The doctor said she won’t be around next month.” She told him.

He frowned.

“Why is that?”

“She’s going somewhere important.” She hugged him more tightly.

She suddenly felt to do the things she used to do like hugging and kissing her husband whenever she wanted but since their comeback was just a week away, Yoochun was very busy and they didn’t have much time to express their love for one another.

“Nothing is more important than you.” he pulled from her hugged and faced her.

“Don't worry. She said her most trusted fried will take care of me.”

He pouted. He didn’t like the idea of Rei being trusted to others.

“Yoo-chi, she’s also a great doctor.”

He then smiled and pinched both of her cheeks. He missed his wife. He became so busy that a simple visit to the doctor with her was so impossible for him.

“Okay then. She has to promise that she will take care of you and Yoo Jae.”

She smiled with what he said. He finally accepted the name and she was so happy about it.

“How was your visit to the doctor?” he then asked.

She looked away, grabbed a tool and sat on it, ignoring his question.

“Is there something wrong?” he sensed.

She shook her head and said… “Nope. Nothing to worry about.”

It was a lie. Something was wrong with the baby. His heart was not developing normally but Rei chose not to say it to Yoochun because she didn’t want him to worry. Yoochun was the most excited about the baby and she cannot afford to take that excitement and happiness away from him. The baby will be okay. The doctor assured her about it. And she was also sure about it.

 

 

 

 

“Believe it or not Oppa. I’m okay.” She laughed as they both sat on the mattress and munched on the freshly picked strawberries.

Saki was smiling and laughing throughout their conversation, Jaejoong was laughing back but inside his heart, he knew that something was wrong.

“Saki.” He then dropped the strawberry that he was about to eat.

“Oppa?” she looked at him.

“It’s okay to cry.”

“Huh?”

“You’re not okay.”

“Oppa?”

“You can lie to the people around here but not to me.” He told her.

Her laughs and smile was sending a wrong signal to him.

She looked down and played on the fruits on the platter. He was right. Jaejoong has sensed what was inside her heart. She gave him a sorrowful smile and said…

“Sometimes I feel like nobody has held me down and forced me to cry or made me hug them, or seen to the inside of me. I just say 'oh I'm fine' and walk away because I thought that’s the best thing to do. Nobody's ever said to me 'no you're not'. You are the first one Oppa.” She sighed. “And I’m glad.”

“Saki.” He looked at her with full sympathy.

“Maybe you think that I am crazy but laughing makes the pain pass by.”

“You still love him.” He stated.

“Don't mention him.”

“Why not? It’s been three months since you left.  You turned your back from everyone else, including Me and Mimi. You told me you want to move on. But with what I see, you’re not going anywhere.”

“Oppa, I never thought I’ll ever come to the point where nothing matters anymore, and things I used to care about aren't worth fighting for. He was a huge jerk and I spent most of my time on him. He’s not even worthy.”

“Liar.” He snapped.

“Oppa?”

“Your eyes tell me something different.”

She avoided eye contact.

“I’m right.” He sighed.

“Let’s talk about something else.” She hissed.

“He’s always thinking about you.”

“Who?” she tried to sound innocent.

“Oh come on.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “You know very well who I’m talking about.”

“How can I move on if you keep on bringing him to the topic?” she sounded irritated. “I wanted to forget about him. I want to forget everything about him. Please don't mention his name or anything about him.”

He smirked.

“You’re a great actress Saki.”

“Oppa!” she shrieked.

He then laughed.

“I miss you. Please go home.” Ending that hurtful topic, at lest for her.

She took a deep breath and said….

“No.”

 

 

 

*************************************

im sorry if i kept you waiting....(again!!!)

 

The reason was my connection was playing hard to get.... sorry....

 

please do send you comments... suggestions and violent reactions.... i love them and i really miss them......

 

love yah all

 

and to my new subscribers,,,WELCOME!!!

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK