Second Visit...

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It had been two days since Yoochun left and Rei just sat, crossed legs, in front of the window, staring the tree as it was slowly loosing its leaves. Children from the neighborhood were playing outside. Their laughter reached her ears but it didn’t touch her heart. Her yes were blank and stared at nothingness. Her mind was blank. Nothing seemed to occupy it since the last few days. Time passed by without her noticing. The world was revolving but she wasn’t going round with it.

YooMi, the innocent victim of her parents, contentedly drank her milk and played with her favorite teddy while lying down on her parent’s bed, the bed that witnessed the height of their love.

They were a couple envied by the SM family- A perfect example of a fairytale came true. But what was happening between the couple was far from happy ending.

 

 

Jaejoong hummed a song as he entered the porch of the couple’s house. Since it was just a couple of blocks away, he decided to walk and give himself a much needed exercise.

He frowned when nobody opened the door for him. After finding that it was unlocked, he made his way inside. Rei wasn’t in the kitchen or in the living room. He called but nobody answered. He headed for the nursery but the emptiness welcomed him.

He then decided to look at their room and saw YooMi sleeping on the bed. He let a sigh of relief go when he saw Rei quietly sitting on the couch in front of the window. Her back was against the bed and the door so she didn’t notice her brother came in. One thing more, her mind was so far away that even Jaejoong made a loud movement, she still didn’t notice.

“Mimi.” He called after he kissed YooMi’s fluffy cheeks but she didn’t even flinch.

“Mimi.” He repeated.

Still no answer.

So he decided to walk to her and gently tapped her shoulder.

“Mimi.”

That made her squirmed.

“Oppa…” her lips mounted but her eyes didn’t move.

“Mimi, where is your husband?” he asked. He wasn’t aware that Yoochun left once again.

“He left.”

“Where did he go?”

She shook her head.

“He didn’t tell you?”

“It’s been two days…”

He frowned. He tried to understand what she said but he failed.

“Mimi, what do you mean?”

“Oppa… my husband left again… just like before.” She then faced him and Jaejoong literally gasped when he saw her eyes. Dark circles were very visible and her face was so thinned and dreary.

“Mimi?” he began to worry. “Is there something wrong? Tell Oppa what’s bothering you?” he kneeled in front of her. Rei looked down at him and gave him a lifeless smile.

“It was my fault…. I killed Yoo Jae….” She stuttered and her hands started to shake.

“Mimi?” that scared the hell out of him.

Something was wrong. He knew it. He felt it. Something was seriously wrong.

“Yoochun left because I killed our son… I killed Yoo Jae… I killed him…” she kept on mumbling.

“Mimi, you want to come home with Oppa?” he wasn’t sure about it but he gave it a try. He knew she will turn down his offer but to his surprised, she nodded.

“Promise you will stay beside me?” she asked, like a little girl.

He nodded, fighting back his tears. He really felt sorry for his sister. Seeing her in that situation was ripping his heart apart.

“I don't want to be alone anymore… it’s scary here…” she whispered.

“We will go home.” He whispered back and tucked her hair behind her ear. He kissed her forehead afterwards and stood.

 

 

The Land of the Rising Sun….

 

The road to the famous strawberry field was wide and long… not to mention, dusty. Yoochun’s black boots literally lost their shine and color when he began his journey.

It was the same road that Jaejoong took when he visited his sister. And yoochun was taking the very same road that was leading to the house of the girl he believed to be the reason why Rei turned stubborn and eventually made way for the lost of his son.

He knew that it was so wrong to blame everyone for that lost but his frustration and anger took over his mind and his heart that time. And the blame was put into Rei.

He looked around for people he can ask for Saki’s house. He decided to pay her a visit. His goal? To make her realize that what she did caused nothing but heartache to everyone.

The person he asked told him that Saki’s house is not that far away from where he was. He kept on walking and noticed the houses along the way. Each house was made of mud bricks and wooden walls. No house showed a sign of fine living. They all illustrated the life of a poor farmer who till the lands that they don't own.

Everytime he passed a house, his heart became heavier and heavier. Rei, his wife used to live on that kind of place and by the looks of it, his mind slowly opened up.

Maybe Rei has the reason to worry about Saki. She worries that the place may harm her in everyway.

As he was slowly reaching his destination, his chest started to pump more blood to his veins and he didn’t like the feeling.

 

“Excuse me…” he greeted a person who was fixing the broken door of a tiny, wrecked house.

The person was so engrossed with what she was doing that Yoochun had to repeat what he said in a much higher tone.

“Excuse me.” He coughed. He wasn’t even sure if that person is a guy or a girl. The kind of clothing was really meant for the field.

“Yes?” the person slowly turned around and Yoochun’s jaw dropped.

 

 

 

 

“Mimi.” Jaejoong happily greeted his sister that morning.

It was the first morning on Jaejoong’s house since Rei got married.

He slowly opened the door to their room and saw YooMi palying on the floor. He smiled when he sae his niece happily playing with her most trusted teddy bear.

“Ah…” Jae mumbled and carried her into his arms.

“How’s the cute little girl?” he even kissed her fluffy cheeks.

“S-su…” the little girl mouthed and smiled.

“Su?” he frowned. “Its uncle Jaejoong…. Say it… Jaejoong…”

“Su!” YooMi repeated.

“Ah yah!!!” he hissed. “I should teach new some new words.”

 

He then turned to face his sister who was also sitting on the floor, watching TV. But her eyes were somewhere. They showed no life at all, no emotions, no sign of happiness or sadness. All Jae saw was emptiness.

“Mimi let’s eat.” He laid YooMi on the bed and sat beside Rei.”

She didn’t answer yet her eyes were fixed on the screen. He decided to call Mr. Lee and asked him to bring food to that room.

 

“Jaejoong.” Mr. Lee shook his head when he saw Rei’s blank expression. The old man can’t help but to worry to the girl he learned to love as his own daughter.

“Huh?” he stooped feeding Rei when he heard him.

He had to do it since she wasn’t responding to anything. He had to tell her to chew the food in order to let it in her body. She was like an android. She had to be told what she has to do.

“This is serious. You have to do something.”

“What do you mean?” he asked and wiped the side of her lips. He didn’t want to show it but there was a spark of nervousness growing inside him.

“I think she’s having a breakdown.”

 

 

“What happened to your house?” Yoochun asked Saki as he helped him put the door frame in place.

He can clearly recall what Jaejoong told them. He said he hired someone to fix it. But by the looks of it, missing window, broken door, almost nothing inside, no fixing of any kind was done.

She shrugged and invited him in where he saw how awful the house was. The walls looked like they were ready to collapse any moment. The ceiling was full of holes on it, making seeing stars at night possible.

“I’m sorry  I cant even offer you a tea. My pots and pans were stolen.”

Jaejoong’s description of Saki was so right and Yoochun had to admit that she changed…. A lot. She was like a lady who exiled herself from the rest of the world. The cute and pretty Saki was nowhere in sight. Instead, Yoochun saw the problematic and cheerless look of the girl his bestfriend fell in love with.

“They stole it?” he couldn’t believe his ears.

“Everything.” She sighed. “Everything that Jaejoong Oppa bought for me. The workers that he hired didn’t finish their work because all the materials were gone. Even my old things…. There’s nothing left.”

“Who did it?”

“I don't know… my neighbors? I have no idea. It’s just normal…here.”

People taking things that don't belong to them and she called it normal? Yoochun was terrified.

And he felt sorry for her. He was supposed to blame her but her awful situation struck him and made him changed his mind.

He couldn’t even imagine himself living in that kind of house. But the fact that Reo used to live there made all his hair in his body rise. It was no joke for him. He secretly thanked Jaejoong for taking the girls out from that place and for bringing his wife to him – the wife he despised.

 

“How’s Mimi and YooMi?” she then asked. They both sat on the floor with potato sack as their mattress and shared Saki’s harvest for that day.

Yoochun chose not to answer her question. The truth was, he actually didn’t know how to answer it. He suddenly swallowed his tongue and ran out of words.

“How’s your new baby? A boy or a girl?” That somewhat showed excitement from Saki’s eyes. First tine in a few months.

“T-the baby…. is gone.” He almost choked.

“What happened?” her face turned seriously worried. She immediately thought about Rei.

“Oh my goodness. It must be so hard for Mimi since she carried the baby inside her womb.” She said.

Unknowingly, her words were hitting Yoochun straight to his heart and hard. He suddenly felt uncomfortable.

“But how did it happened?”

“S-she had a very delicate pregnancy.” He whispered. “She knows that it was very dangerous to travel but she took the risk because she wanted to see you.”

She gasped.

“Mimi….”

A tear finally fell. After months of pretending to be okay… a tear dropped from her eyes. A tear that contained all of her emotions and grief that she held up for so long finally went out.

 

“No one is the same since you left.” He tried to change the subject because it was too much to handle for him. “Everything fell apart. Junsu is like a zombie. No one heard him laugh since you left. He wasn’t moving on. He needs you.” he said, trying to convince her to go home.

“He deserves it.” She said. He almost forgot the unforgiving side of the girl in front of her.

“Saki…?” he was slightly taken aback.

“He can have that girl to cheer him up.”

“What happened to you?” he asked, puzzled at every word that was coming out of . “Where is the dolphin-mermaid couple that we all love?”

‘Where is the Micky mouse couple everyone adored?’ a thought flashed through his mind which literally straightened his back.

“It’s gone.”

 

 

“Can you tell me your name?” Dr. Lee Shin Ye, a doctor in her mid fifties asked Rei.

Jaejoong finally decided to bring Rei to a psychiatrist to know what was going on.

Rei, like before, didn’t respond to any of the doctor asked.

“She’s Park Rei Mi.” Jaejoong answered for her.

“Is she your wife?”

He shook his head. “She’s my sister.”

“Tell me, when did she start acting like this?”

“She had a miscarriage last month and her husband has been avoiding her.”

The doctor just nodded as she wrote down everything Jaejoong said on her pad.

“Is there any other events that came into her life that is not easy to accept of caused so much stress to her?”

“A lot doctor… a whole of stress and drama.”

From the day she first arrived in Seoul, drama and stress ruled her life. From Jaejoong’s rejection, to Yoochun’s leaving…. She had been through a lot… it was a lifetime worth of suffering.

“Tsk… tsk… drastic.” The doctor hissed, still taking down notes.

 

“But she overcomes them all. She eventually came out strong.”

The doctor just smiled sympathetically.

 

 

 

 

“Come home.” Yoochun begged. “Everybody is waiting for you.”

She smiled. She badly wanted to return.... but.....

“Not yet Oppa….not yet.”

 

 

 

 

*******************************************************************

Hi….

 

@shengalina97 wow…. I finally made you speechless…..

@Kpopaddict ya…. Rei…. Tsk tsk… stubborn girl…. I miss Yoo Jae too……

@anonimgirl ahmmm I cant promise you that coz… believe… I am just starting…..

@butterfly555 unnie!!!! I miss you!!! waaaahhh TT don't worry… my mom has been giving me the ‘what the **** are you crazy…smiling in front of the computer while typing…’ look….

@sjlovessuju hi…. Correct me if im wrong but this is the first time that you commented right? And I loooooovvveee it…. Yah… she should’ve listen… but believe me.,… there is a reason behind everything….. keep on commenting!!!!

@Alzina hi dear… yah you’re right jae should do something…  something that no one is expecting…. Coz im a bad girl…. Muaaahhhhahahaha and crazy too

@MusicMyLove yah…. I miss your comments… I have a request… I know its too early but can you help me create a banner for my next fic? Just like what you did before? Its alright if you don't want to…. But thank you in advance….

@REAder hi… welcome… it really excites me when I see a new name on my comment box… I hope you like my fic and continue supporting it coz there are still 3 sequels coming… and I cant wait to write them…..

@adryna im actually imagining the scene where Saki and the rest will meet again… if…. She decided to go back to Korea… you know… there are a lot of possibilities… she may come back or she may not…. Tsk…. Tsk….

@suzie1911 you are one smart girl…. He talked to her…. But still…

 

There…. I hope Im able to reply to all the comments…. I miss you guys…..

 

Next chapter…. BROTHERS’ TALK

 

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are sooooooooooooooooo loved!!!!

Keep them coming…

 

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK