Zhang

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

zhangliyin13.jpg

 

 

‘This is Xiah Junsu! DBSK Most Charismatic member…. I'm maybe busy at this moment so please leave your message after the beep…’

 

“Xiah!” a girl yelled over the line. “Where the hell are you? I’ve been calling you all day so pick up your damn phone and answer me!” she was obviously angry at him but he didn’t care, not a single bit. He hated the girl; he hated her to the point that he regretted meeting her. She caused the pain in his heart.

Junsu angrily cuffed his phone from the holder. The innocent phone went straightly to the floor. He didn’t even want to talk to her or even hear her voice. He was annoyed to the truest essence of the word. He continued to drive the never ending road of Seoul. His destination? Unknown.

 

 

“Annyeong Haseo, Jang Ri Yin –imnida!” The girl with the long black curly hair and with Chinese eyes bowed politely at Junsu. And being a gentleman, he politely returned her bow and gave her a friendly smile. Having rumors and complications with his co-worker was the last thing on his mind. He wasn’t only protecting DBSK but also Sakura.

“But my Chinese name is Zhang Li Yin. Call me Li Yin or Zhang. Anything that suits you.” she said confidently making the DBSK frown inside. He didn’t like her over pouring confidence. But still, he forced himself a smile.

“I’m Kim Junsu.” He bowed once again. He used his real name because they were introduced privately.

“Yeah.” Her smile reached her ears. “Xiah right? A DBSK. I heard so much about you.”

“Thanks.” He shortly said, not interested at all.

“Hey Junsu… “ Their manager tapped his shoulder. “..You’ll be doing a duet for her debut album so please be kind to her.” He said before he headed to the recording booth.

‘I’m always kind to anyone.’ He secretly hissed. ‘It always comes out naturally.’ “Okay hyung.”

“We will start recording today. Our song will be called Timeless, it’s a cover from Kelly-“

“I know.” He said without a smile. He said that his friendliness comes out naturally but that time, it naturally didn’t work. He shut her up in the middle of her discussion. He hated it when people tell him stuff that he already knew, especially if he wasn’t asking about them.

“Oh I see.” She looked down, obviously embarrassed by his words. She doesn’t know him too well. She used to see him during her trainee days at SM. But being a trainee didn’t give her a chance to talk to any of the DBSK or to Junsu. They were too busy to even bestow a glimpse to her.

“They’re waiting for us.” He said, full of authority. He learned it all from Yunho. He stood tall and preceded to the booth were the recording staff happily greeted them. He returned it with an enthusiastic smile… far from his reaction to Zhang.

Zhang followed him hastily. That duet was actually a dream come true for her. She was considered as the luckiest singer because she gets to debut with Xiah Junsu from the biggest group in the world. Junsu is her long time crush and seeing him and actually being with him made her heart skip a beat. His whole being was just magnificent.

 

“We’ll record your part first Junsu.” The director told him. Junsu entered the booth and smiled at their director.  And the music had begun playing and Junsu closed his eyes to internalize.

Zhang was seated at the corner and stared directly at him. He wasn’t even singing yet but he was able to mesmerize her. And then he slowly started the song. She secretly cursed him for having a spellbinding voice. Any girl would fell on her knees upon hearing him sing and she felt excited.

“Zhang, it’s your turn now.” The director said but her mind seemed to be flying from nowhere. “Zhang.” He repeated. But still. She was too drowned from her thoughts. “Zhang!” his voice rose up a little bit which made her wriggle at her seat.

She looked around to see their reaction. Everyone seemed disappointed, even Junsu, who was frowning inside the booth. Keeping the staff waiting was a no-no and she made sure she got it saved inside her brain. She immediately went inside the booth while Junsu exited at the same time. He welcomed her by his unyielding stare. She looked down and placed the headset to her head and started to hum her part. Junsu sat beside the director and put his headset on. Zhang instantly became nervous because Junsu was listening to her song. She was so nervous that she missed a note from the song that made both the director and Junsu glared at her.

“Sorry.” She said. Junsu just smirked. She continued the song while the staff kept on listening. She became so conscious about her singing and tried not to make the same mistake again.

After her recording, she was hoping to get a good response from the staff but all of them were just staring at her blankly.

Junsu was amazed by her sweet voice. It was no wonder SM chose her but she was failing to put the emotion needed for the song.

“I don't feel it.” The director said. “What do you think?” he turned to Junsu.

“Timeless is an emotional song so it has to be sung with the emotions it needed. You are a good singer but not good enough to express everything.” He said straightly. He had no plan on being easy on her. It was her debut song so she had to put her 100% percent with it. Just like what they did when they debuted.

She nodded and thanked him from the booth. He was right; she was so nervous that’s why she failed to sing the emotions the song needed. The recording went on and Zhang kept on failing every single person in that booth. Junsu looked at his watch, bored and pissed. He realized that having a great voice wasn’t enough to make a good performance. For the 12th time, the song was once again played on the air.

 

“Zhang.” Junsu took a deep breath before he proceeded. “We don't have forever to record your song. I have to meet someone after this so please...” He hissed. “...get into your senses and sing it with all your heart.”

But then, she still failed. The staff had no choice but to wrap the whole thing up. They decided to continue the next day. They only recorded Junsu’s part but failed to record any good part from her. It was a major disappointment for all of them especially to the budding singer.  Junsu waved goodbye to everyone but didn’t bother to look at her. He had too much for that day. He needed some fresh air and he knows exactly where to go.

 

“You look exhausted.” Saki raked her hands on his hair as he hungrily sipped his ramen.

“Yah.” He nodded after swallowing the food. “The new singer was just awful.”

“She can't sing?” Saki’s eyes widened. She never heard a singer who can't sing. “You told me she will debut soon right?”

Junsu smiled at her. That was actually what he was looking for since his day started. Saki’s funny expression and comforting smiled wiped away his exhaustion.

“She can, but she can't put the right emotion to it.” He explained.

“Is that possible?”

“With her?” he smirked. “Yup.”

“You don't seem to like her.” She noticed.

“I told you, this project is no good.”

“Ah…“ she stood and sat beside him. “I know you can do it.”

“Really?” he then placed his head on her shoulder. “Let’s go.”

“I’ll be out in five minutes.” She stood and removed her apron.

“I’ll wait for you in the car.”

 

 

“Her name is Zhang Li Yin.” He said as Saki played his nose. He was lying on the grass at their favorite place and Saki’s extended legs were his pillows. Watching the stars was one of their favorite past time.

“Zhang?” she gave him a questioning look. “Chinese?”

“Yeah.” He said.

“How old is she?”

“I don't know and I’m not interested.”

“Is she pretty?”

And Junsu’s teasing smile slowly appeared. “I knew it.”  He said laughing. “My Saki is jealous.” He pinched her nose because he found it cute.

“I’m not!” she said defensively.

“Then why are you asking if she’s pretty or not?”

“Why?” she hissed. “Is there a law that forbids someone to ask if a girl is pretty or not?” she was pouting at him and Junsu was obviously enjoying it.

“Don't worry, you are the prettiest mermaid I’ve ever seen.”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

“You want a kiss?” she suddenly asked.

“Is Jaejoong hyung around?” he sat up excitedly and looked around.

Saki laughed because of it. He tried to keep his promise not to kiss her again but they’re a couple and couples usually kiss. “Nope. He’s still filming his movie.”

He lied down once again. “Nah…” he shook his head. “Jaejoong hyung might be somewhere and watching us. You know your brother. He will surely cut my head off for it.”

“You don't want it?” Saki asked again.

“Of course I want it but I promised my hyung and I wanted to keep my word because I saw what he did to Yoochun before and-“ but he was shut up by Saki’s lips.

“You talk a lot.” She smiled after she planted that soft kiss on his lips.

He was speechless and felt like floating on air. He touched his lips and smiled afterwards. “You actually like kissing me huh?”

“And you’re that confident.”

“You love me?”

“Promise me first.” She said.

“Anything.”

“That those lips.” And she gently touched his thin soft lips. “Will only be mine.”

“Greedy!” he snapped.

“Yah!!” she yelled.

“What if I'm asked to kiss someone on our MV?” he said, half smiling.

“That’s a different story.” She pouted.

“Okay… I promise that my luscious lip belongs to Saki and only she has the right to kiss me.” He recited.

“Luscious?” she smiled. “Are you sure?”

“Ah…” he smiled back. “That’s the reason why you keep on kissing me right?”

“You wish.”

“Promise me too.”

“What is it?”

“…That you will never kiss anyone especially that evil Kyu and that naughty kid from SHINee. Ah…. Seriously, those maknaes make me sick.”

She laughed. Since that incident, Junsu never allowed Taemin to be anywhere near her. She never thought that Taemin had that hidden talent of kissing someone when they least expect it and he will do it in front of your guy.

“Promise.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too dolphin.”

 

And that was the last time he had moments like that with her.

 

***********************************************************

Ah seriously… I love you comments…. Keep them pouring….

 

To a friend who had her vacation from the land down under… welcome back…

To Unnie… can you teach me how to edit those videos of DBSK?

To my readers who always bombarded me with their loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong comments… I love it…

To my readers who always bestow their comments…. Love it….too

To a friend who suggested a song from JYJ… I’ll definitely use it… thanks….

To my editor… good job…. I’m lucky because I have an editor who never failed to do her job and it’s free! What could be better than that? And this chapter is unedited. She’s one of a kind… believe me… you should hire her too.

And an idea actually entered my mind when a friend commented something…. Will I accept applications for Jaejoong’s girl in the next sequel…? Will the role be up for grab?

 

Anyways… I can’t mention your name here because I haven’t got your permission yet…. I want to reply to every single reader but only if you allow me to show you name here…. Really…. Respect is a virtue… huh? Did I get it right?

Hope you enjoy this one….

 

Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are loved and sometimes…. They make the author jump…. Literally… why…?

 

Love yah!!!

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK