Taking Sides.

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

The plane stretched its wheels to the runway of the airport in Japan. The weather was very fine indeed but it didn’t match Saki’s gloomy eyes. She wiped her tears as she looked out on the window. She was finally home-her true home.

Her feet felt like 100 pounds each as she stepped on the famous bullet train going to her province. Nothing real changed as she watched the green field and the clear blue sky on her way. The bullet train was fast, as fast as her heart beating inside her chest. Her eyes started to water once again. Nothing in Japan will make her remember her heartbreak. All her friends and loved ones were left in Seoul, Korea, the place she once called home.

She stepped on their old shabby house and let go an agonizing smile. She slowly kneeled at the doorstep and put her hands on her knees for support and let her tears flow freely to her face. She was alone once again. She was used living alone after Rei left for Korea but that time, everything seemed new to her. She was missing everyone… she was missing Rei, YooMi, her brother and the rest and most especially, Junsu.

She slowly unpacked her luggage and arranged her clothes on the box near her mat which served as her bed. The grungy house was half the size of her room in Korea. Its roof was almost worn out because no one stayed there for a long time. The walls were tattered, showing the age of it. It was not as elegant as Jaejoong’s house but she still called it a home - a home that she had to stay on for the rest of her life because she had no plan on going back to Korea.

 

 

 

“We’re going.” Junsu announced to everyone in that dorm. “It’s getting late.”

“You’re not coming back hyung?” Taemin said as he took a sip from his cola. He was not allowed to drink alcohol as well as his SHINee  hyungs because of their age. They had no choice but to love the cola if they still want to stay and have some fun.

“If Saki will allow me.” He grinned mischievously.

Saki jokingly pinched his side. “Of course he can.” She said smiling to Tae. “He will just drive us home.”

“Be safe then.” He waved his hand.

“Thanks.” They bowed before they left the place.

 

“Kya…” Donghae suddenly cried. “They look so sweet. Why do DBSK always get good and pretty girls?”

Yunho laughed because of it. Then Changmin was about to drink some beer on Yunho’s glass when Jae stopped him.

“Hyung!” he complained. “I can drink this now.”

“You’re still the maknae.” Jae announced.

“Ah Hyung.” Taemin’s eyes grew bigger by a centimeter. “You’re still not allowed to drink like us?”

Changmin looked down, embarrassed. Of course he can but Jaejoong kept on stopping him.

“Look at Kyu Hyun. He drank 5 cans but he’s still standing.” He said as he pointed at the maknae. Kyu’s face was seriously red and he was hiccupping badly but they admired his toughness. No alcohol can hold him down. He even raised his glass for a cheer.

“Even Leeteuk Hyung can’t stop them.” Siwon hissed. “Ryeowook and Kyu Hyun are spoiled brats.”

“Hyung.” Changmin frowned at Jae. “Just one sip.” He begged.

“You want to go home?” Jae answered blankly and took a sip from his own glass. Changmin suddenly nudged him because of frustration, making him choked and spilling half on his drink on the floor and on his clothes.

“What the…?” he hissed as he wiped the beer from his clothes. “Do you still want to see the sunrise tomorrow?”

“Yah… selfish. I will never carry you to our car after this.” He said looking away. He knew that they will be dead drunk by the end of the night.

“Why are you so mad at me?” he growled back. “Why don't you ask Yunho?”

“Hyung?” Changmin then faced their leader.

“You have to drive us home so you can’t drink.” Yunho answered making their maknae squirmed in disappointment.

But unknown to them, DBSK was facing a very serious problem. It had been six months since Yoochun’s disappearance and no one seemed to move on.

 

 

“Is there something bothering you?” Junsu looked at the quiet Saki while driving. She sat at the passenger seat with sleeping YooMi on her lap. She was in deep thought that she didn’t even hear him.

“Yobo.” He said, gently nudging her shoulder.

“Huh?” she looked at him.

“Are you okay?” he asked anxiously. “You haven’t talk since we left the dorm. What’s bothering you?”

“Kyu Hyun.” She said straightly. She didn’t have any plan to hide it from Junsu.

His eyebrows met. He don't  even want to hear his name.

“Did he bother you?” he asked. He swore he will strangle him if he said something that made her upset.

“No.” she said, shaking her head. “I’m feeling guilty.”

“Guilty?” he frowned once again. “Why?”

“I broke his heart. That’s why.” She whispered. She knew that Junsu wouldn't be so happy about it but she said it anyway.

“Don’t worry.” His eye went back to the road.  “He will be okay.”

“I know.” She nodded. “But I have a bad feeling too. His stares… t-they’re not the same.” She said. Her eyes were worried and Junsu saw it. If YooMi wasn’t with them, he could have brought her to their favorite spot to wash away her worries. He gently stretched his right hand to gently touch her face. He hated to see her in that mood.

She smiled when she felt his warm hand. He instantly gave him the comfort she wanted. She treated Kyu as one of her bestfriend and she still does but after his return from China, it felt like his whole personality changed. She suddenly realized that she doesn’t know Kyu that much. There was a little part of her heart that was scared on what he might do to Junsu. She wasn’t sure if he’s really capable of doing something that would hurt anyone, but Junsu calls him Evil… and she was beginning to know why.

 

 

“I’m going back.” he said as he headed for the door. Sakura was walking with her hand on his side.

“Drive carefully.” She said, silently praying that nothing would happen to him on the road and with Kyu.

“I will.” He said before he kissed her forehead.

 

Minutes had past but Saki was still at the door. There was something inside her the she cannot name. She can’t forget Kyu’s stare at the dorm, it sent some chill down to her spine and she nearly freak out. She was anxious about it but chose to calm down and wait for things to level down as well.

 

 

“She was adored by everyone.” Saki told the cheerless Rei while tapping sleeping YooMi at their bedroom, the room where Rei and Yoochun once shared their love. Six months of unending stress and heartrending loneliness took the best out of her.

She gave her a sad smile. A smile that never reached her eyes since her husband left.

“Mimi.” Saki sighed. “You know I hate to see you like this. You deserve to be happy.”

“I’m actually happy for you.” Mimi looked at Saki. “I wish you won’t get to experience something like this.”

“It’s not obvious.” Saki said frankly. “Seeing you like that makes me want to believe that fairytales doesn’t really exists.”

“I’m hurting Saki.” And a tear fell down from the waiting wife.

“You have a choice.” She smiled sadly. “It’s really up to you. You can be happy with that choice. Move on.”

“You can say that because you’re not in my situation.” And Saki was shut off. “It’s not easy to let go.” Rei then looked at her. “I envy you because Junsu Oppa loves you so much.”

She didn’t dare to speak. But deep inside her heart, there was a growing hate for Yoochun for hurting her bestfriend.

“And even I have that choice; I won’t take it and still wait for my husband to return.”

 

 

True to her words… a few days later. Yoochun showed up and the guys went crazy.

Saki was awakened by the noise coming from the living room. She can clearly hear the cry of Rei and roaring voice of Yunho and Jaejoong. But what made her sleepiness disappeared was Yoochun’s pleading voice. She immediately stood up and went outside. She saw Yoochun was on the floor with his bleeding gums. Rei was being held by the tall Minho. She was trying her best to free herself from his strong grip. Jaejoong and Yunho was obviously at rage. Both of them were panting heavily and Yunho’s fist was rolled into a ball making Saki assumed that he was the one to blame with Yoochun’s wound.

 

“Yoochun?” sleepy Junsu then said, he was with Changmin. Saki saw them stood up. It was quite obvious that they were clueless of what was happening.

 

“Hyung!” Changmin smiled. “You came back!”

 

‘And you are happy about it?’ she secretly said.

 

“And he’s about to leave.” Yunho cut them off.

 

“Huh?” Changmin looked at him puzzled.

 

“Hyung?” Junsu was also puzzled. “He just came back.”

 

‘Shut up Junsu, he deserves it.’

 

“Junsu!” Yunho stared at him. “He left us before.”

 

“And he returned! What are we waiting for? Let’s make our next album.” Junsu was excited.

 

“It’s not that easy Junsu. “ Jae said.

 

‘Aish! Are you even thinking?’ she frowned.

 

“Hyung!” Changmin walked towards Yoochun ignoring Jae’s words. “Have you seen YooMi? She’s adorable!”

 

She looked at them one by one. Nobody seemed to notice her because they were all focused on the prodigal husband.

 

Yoochun gave Changmin a weak smile.

 

“Changmin!” Jae yelled at him. “Stop, he will not see YooMi.” She swore that she never saw Jaejoong as mad as that before. He scared her with his strong and loud voice. He seemed like a lion ready to slay the weak Yoochun in front of him.

 

“But hyung…?” Changmin wanted to say more.

 

“Listen!”

 

Changmin finally shut up.

 

“Get out.” He told Yoochun.

 

“Hyung?” Yoochun once again pleaded.

 

“No.” Jae grabbed his collar and threw him outside the house and slammed the door close.

 

Jae sat down at the sofa and slapped his forehead because of disappointment. Saki quickly went to the kitchen to get some drinks for them all. Yunho was still burning, his face was blood red and his chest was still going up and down. Changmin and Junsu on the other hand had different reaction. They were shocked with what happened. The maknae was so quiet and didn’t want to say anything that would make his hyung roar once again. But the dolphin can’t just sit and wait. He stood and looked at the two hyung like they were criminals.

“Look what have you done!” he yelled. “He returned!”

“What do you want us to do?” Yunho said seriously. “You want us to forgive him just like that?”

“Why not?” he hissed. If there was one person in DBSK who has a forgiving heart, it must be Junsu. It was not because Yoochun was so close to him but he believed that each and every one of them deserve second chances.

“He trashed our dreams!” The leader yelled. “And that include yours.”

“But we’re brothers right?” he answered back. “Are you saying that everything we had together will just be put in trash too?”

“Su…” she went to him and took his hand. “Calm down. Let’s go outside.”

“No.” he said, pulling his hand away from her that made her shocked.  “Yoochun was hurt.”

“How about Mimi?” she then said. She was pissed and she couldn’t hold it any longer. Junsu was actually telling everyone that it wasn’t Yoochun’s fault. “Why you keep on defending him? Mimi was hurt too.” Junsu was shut off. He didn’t expect her to snap like what she just did.

“I never said that Mimi wasn’t hurt. I’m just saying that Yoochun was hurt too. We have to listen to him.” He said, trying to be calm in front of everyone.

“He deserves it.” She hissed which made his blood boil.

“And you’re one of them?” he yelled pointing out Yunho and Jae whose attention were caught by their sudden outburst.

“Why?” she smirked. “Is there something wrong about it? Mimi is my bestfriend and we all saw everything she went through.”

“Mimi wished him to be back and he did.”

“Not that easy."

“What?” he couldn’t believe it. “What do you want Yoochun to do? Kneel in front of us all and cry until blood come out from his eyes?”

“If that’s possible.” She said mercilessly. Everyone was stunned. They finally saw the unforgiving side of Saki.

“Are we taking sides? Are we fighting?” he asked the fuming girl.

“If that’s what you want to think.”

“I never thought that you are so unforgiving.” He said sadly.

She was saddened by his words. “How dare you judge me like that!” she pointed at his chest. “You don't know me!” she said sobbing.

“I guess you’re right.” He said nodding. “ I guess I really don't know you.”

“Yah… you two. Stop it.” Jae said. “Don't say anything that would make you regret later.”

“He already did.” And she turned away and headed to Rei’s room.

 

********************************

Ah there… enjoy… I haven’t edit this one yet…

 

I read BY HEART yesterday and realized that it was actually soooooooooo short… I only notice it yesterday… yah shame on me!!!!!

And to make it up to you all… I will include some Rei and Yoochun moments in this story and Jaejoong’s sequel but I will still keep in mind that this is Junsu and Saki’s story…..

 

Hope you forgive me with it…..

 

Hahaha….. No more school work!!! And I will be posting everyday like I used too!!!!!! And I will try to edit my past stories….. Major major editing… haha

 

 

Comments suggestions and violent reactions are loved….

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK