Aftermath

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

 

 

 

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” - anonymous

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung.” Changmin asked Junsu who sat in front of him. His thoughts were flying on thin air.

The alcohol was sure gave pain to Junsu’s wounds but it didn’t made him squirm or anything.

“Hyung…” he asked worriedly.

Junsu didn’t respond so he continued what he was doing. But after a while, he suddenly pushed his hand away and went to his bed, limping.

“Hyung, I’m not done yet. Your wounds needs to be treated.” He told him.

“I want to sleep.” Junsu said blandly as he lied down and cover his body with his blanket.

The thick blanket gave him the comfort he was looking for but not the warmness that would make his heart beat normal again. He closed his eyes and felt his heart with his shaking hands. It was still beating but erratically. He felt that he was running out of breath and his whole body felt like a candle melting slowly. He was hurt… but what he felt was far from the feeling of actually being hurt. His bones felt like breaking, he didn’t have the strength to stand.

His world was shaken and all his dreams were shattered. Saki was his life, the first and only girl that he loved with all his heart. And Saki was also the girl that made him cry and lose his mind.

He slowly drifted into deep slumber. Surprisingly, the pain was also slowly drifting away… drifting into a dream, a dream where he was with Saki, happily talking and caressing each other. The dream seemed so real that was smiling in his sleep.

Changmin, who was beside him, was so worried. Junsu’s face was badly wounded, but he refused to be treated. The maknae went to Yunho who was also quiet the whole time.

“Hyung…” he tapped his shoulder.

“Changmin.” He responded.

“What are we going to do now?” the maknae asked in desperation.

Yunho took a sip from his tea and crossed his legs.

“We cannot do anything.” He said which made Changmin frowned.

He couldn’t accept what he answered. They did something between Yoochun and Rei before so he believed that they can also do something to Junsu and Saki.

“Changmin.” The leader smiled at their maknae. “Sometimes, no matter how much we wanted things to go our way, the world doesn’t revolve that way. It was their decision. And we are here to support and give them a shoulder to lean on but not to dictate on what they should do.”

“But Junsu hyung said…”

“Changmin…” he cut him off.

“We both heard their sides, and we must not take sides. Both of them are our friends and we should respect their decision.”

“You don't hate Junsu hyung?”

Yunho chuckled and ruffled his hair.

“Why would I hate him? And I’m sure Jae doesn’t hate him as well.”

“But he almost broke his face.” Changmin grimaced.

He laughed.

“That’s normal Changmin. Saki was hurt and she is Jae’s sister. He had to do it.” He then sighed.

“I was angry and not happy with what Junsu did but I really can’t hate him because he’s our brother. He needs us badly this time.”

Changmin nodded and prepared himself with what will going to happen.

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning.” Jae reluctantly greeted Saki as she sat in front on the dinning table.

“Good morning.” she answered back, emotionless.

“Work…?” he once again asked.

She shook his head.

“I’m resigning.”

“Huh?”

“I don't want to work anymore.”

He nodded with full understanding. He didn’t want her to work in the first place.

“I'll just concentrate on my studies.” She said and played on her food.

“Right. You want me to bring you to school?” Jae offered but, she shook her head again.

“No.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

 

She did what she said. Her manager was shocked at first but he chose not asked her why.

She walked away from the store she learned to love. She decided to resign because that store reminded her about the people that caused so much pain inside her.

She walked down the street and passed the Banpo Bridge.  She had to stop herself from going to their ‘special place’. She didn’t want to cry, at least not that time. Her eyes were already swollen shut from crying the whole night and she didn’t want to do it anymore.

 

She was walking her way to school when a car suddenly stopped in front of her. She stopped and waited for the driver to come out. No reaction left her face when she saw Kyu hyun stepped down from that car.

“Saki.” He suddenly hugged her.

She was speechless but she didn’t push him away. She guessed that the news of their breakup spread already and it reached Kyu’s ears.

“It’s okay.” He hugged her tight.

She frowned with what he said and it made her pull herself from his tight hug.

“You can't just hug me and say its okay because right now... it doesn't feel that way...” she said frankly.

“Saki…” he looked down.

“Why are you here?” she finally asked.

“I…”

“If there’s one thing I need right now… it’s being alone.”

“Saki…” he was running out of words.

She sighed.

“Kyu please.”

“No… I told you, Junsu did it once and he did it again.” His words were accusing and Saki hated it.

“Please don't you even dare to mention about that again.”

“He didn’t really love you like you believed.”

“Don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand. “ She angrily said. “I don't need anything, like I said before. Just go on with your business and I will do the same with mine.”

“Saki believe it or not… you need me.” He insisted.

“What for?”

And he was left dumbfounded again.

“Yes, he made a mistake twice. But that doesn’t make you innocent as well. You also lied to me.”

He frowned but he remembered what she was talking about. He lied that Junsu didn’t have the plan on telling Saki about the kiss.

“It doesn’t matter if I lied or not now. He slept with another girl, isn’t that enough to prove my point?” He defended. They were actually in the middle of the street with few people passing by.

“Why did you do it…? Are you trying to break us up?” Her eyes narrowed. She finally understood why Kyu was always saying something that would make her hate Junsu.

“Yes!” he confessed.

“What…?” She stepped back.

“Because you are loving the wrong person!”

“Whom shall I love then…?” she looked at him sarcastically. “You…?”

He smiled hurtfully and whispered…

“Yes…”

She hissed.

“This is absolutely stupid Kyu. Don't make me hate you for this.”

“I can love you without making you cry Saki.” He held her shoulders but Saki pulled away forcibly.

“Kyu Hyun!” she snapped. “I had enough … please don't add to my burden.” She walked pass him and waved at a coming taxi.

 

She poured out her frustrations inside the taxi. The driver didn’t dare to move or asked her why, afraid that her load will be pour unto him.

“Ahhh!!!” she slapped her forehead. She was angry, just angry.

 

She even entered her class carrying the same emotion. She sat quietly at her desk and waited for their professor. She opened a book and tried to get some information from it and to avoid listening from her noisy classmates but it didn’t work. Their voices kept on entering her ears which made her more irritated.

“Zhang and Junsu’s duet was so amazing!” One of her classmates said which made her ears turned red.

“Yah!” one girl agreed. “I just bought a copy and it was sooo good. Those two looks good together.” Saki’s heart sank.

“Right. They should be together. They sound good.” Another one said.

Saki covered her ears. She didn’t want to listen anymore.

“Perfect couple.”

And that did it. She suddenly stood and slammed her books on her desk. What she did caught the attention of her classmates. They looked at her worriedly.

“Sakura.” One of her friend asked. “W-what’s wrong?”

Saki looked at her furiously.

“Everything!”  She yelled before she ran her way out of that university.

 

 

She wiped her tears as she sat on the bench at the bus stop. The bus will arrived in ten minutes and that gave her the time to see the things around her.

She first spotted a couple walking on the other side of the road, holding hands. The scene when Junsu held her hand instantly flashed. They were at the Lotte World that time and she had a great time.

She then spotted two young boys. The taller one was carrying the smaller boy on his back. She assumed that they’re brothers. Another scene flashed in her mind once again- the moment when she confessed to Junsu, the moment where they had to walk home because there weren’t any taxis. That memory made her eye watered.

She skipped school because she thought that her classmates will never stop talking about things that remind her about Junsu’s infidelity. But even in the street, there was always something that reminded her about Junsu. They made so many memories that she had a very hard time forgetting each one.

 

Two buses passed but still, she remained on her seat. An hour passed by without her noticing. She just sat there… waiting… for what…? She was clueless. She wanted to shut the whole world that time and that include her self.

But despite all the hurt and pain… one thing came into her mind….She wanted to be okay again. She didn’t want the pain anymore and she promised herself that she will do whatever it takes to be okay again.

Even if she had to make a decision that will affect everyone around her.

 

 

*******************************************************************************

Hello… happy new year~!!!!

Love yah all!!!

I love your comments!!!

 

Comments…. Suggestions and violent reactions are loved….

Keep them coming!!!!

 

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK