Keep friends close and your enemy closer...

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

Saki opened her eyes. The fresh scent coming form the garden made her smile but only to be disappointed a soon as she found out that Junsu wasn’t by her side. It made her think that everything happened last night was just a dream. The hugs that gave her comfort, the smiles that gave her assurance and the kiss, the kiss that made her head spin round; all were just part of her vivid imagination.

She was about to stand when something caught her eyes. It glistened as the sunlight coming from the window touched it. She looked at her finger closely. It was dolphin ring. She doesn’t remember that she bought something like that.

“Could it be..?” she talked to her self.

Then she immediately went down to the kitchen and found Jaejoong who was busy scrambling the eggs on the pan. She noticed all the empty lunch boxes on the preparing table. Those were the boxes where she put the food she cooked for Junsu.

“Oppa, why are this empty?” she asked as she examined them one by one. That food was specially made for her dolphin and she secretly swore that she will choke the neck of the person who ate it aside form Junsu.

“And good morning to you too.” Jae said mockingly.

“G-good morning.” she said and looked down. She was so excited that she forgot to greet him.

“How are you feeling?”

“Great.” Her dream made her feel that way.” Su took me home last night right?” she just wanted to make sure.

“Jae smirked and placed two plates in front of him. “He stayed here the whole night.” He said as he put the steaming eggs on each plate.

Sakura can’t help but admire his cooking. He can turn ordinary ingredients into delectable dishes. Her stomach instantly growled as she smelled the food.

“He took care of you.” he said.

“So it wasn’t a dream after all.” She smiled and gently touched her lips. Junsu was beside her the whole night and the magical kiss was real. The thought made her giggle. Jaejoong frowned as he watched her. She can act silly sometimes.

“Of course it’s not.” He hissed. “It’s a nightmare.”

Sakura smacked his arm and he spilled his famous banana milk.

“Oppa!” she yelled.

“Yah!” he protested back.”

“Don't say that!”

“I don't know what that dolphin did to you. You are acting really weird.”

“I love him.”

He frowned. “I wanna puke.”

“Oppa?”

“That dolphin ate everything and left all the dishes scattered here!” he snapped.

Sakura didn’t mind his usual naggings. She looked around, hoping to see Junsu somewhere. Jae noticed what she was doing and said…

“He left a while ago.” He was somehow reluctant to tell Saki about it.

She nodded but the disappointment in her eyes was obvious.

“He promised to be with you today?” He said. He knew about it because Junsu told him so.

She just looked down and played with her food. She somehow lost her appetite. But still, she tried to understand.

“Well I guess its all part of him being a DBSK.” She said sadly.

She wasn’t blaming the group or anything. Junsu was part of it even before they met, so it was just normal that she’s the one to adjust rather than him adjusting.

“So near yet so far?” he asked.

She nodded.

Jae then realized how hard it was for Rei not to be with him for a long time during their tours. And now that she’s married, it was twice as agonizing. The feeling of being with Cassiopeias around the world was truly one of a kind but it comes with an upshot – a very harsh one-being away from your family.

“Don't worry.” He ruffled her hair sweetly. “It will soon be over.”

Jaejoong was thinking about the Timeless promotions but Zhang Li yin was thinking the other way around.

 

“It will be over soon.” She smirked after she took a sip from her favorite caramel frappe at a coffee shop near the SME building. She was with her bestfriend – the Chinese Super Junior Hankyung.

“I don't think so.” He shrugged. “Junsu loves her so much.”

But Zhang was undaunted. She always gets what she wants and Hankyung knew it. They’re friends since their trainee days. She will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, juts like what she did with her dreams.

“Is she pretty?” she asked but somehow managed to answer her own question. Why would Xiah choose an ugly girl? The girl must be extraordinary to get his attention.

“Very.” Hankyung said admiringly.

“Prettier than me?” she pouted.

‘A lot.’ He wanted to tell her. He wanted to tell his bestfriend that what made Saki and Rei pretty was that they were both simple and kind. But he couldn’t turn his thoughts into words. He still has the heart for her.

“you said she works at a ramen house.’

“Yes.” Hankyung then read what was in her mind. “But I won’t take you there.”

“Geng?”

“Li?”

“I want to see her?” she pouted more.

“Why?”

“T-to be friends?” she smiled sweetly.

Hankyung rolled his eyes at her. Who was hose fooling? She wouldn’t meet her with any motive. He was so sure that she was up to something.

“Nope.”

“Geng! I won’t give you my CD!” she warned. “I’ll buy then.” He drank all the remaining coffee from his cup.

“Geng?”

“No!”

“I promise not to do anything.” She was still begging like a little child. She even raised her hand as a sign of her promise.

He sighed in defeat. He never once won over her.

“Okay then, some other time.”

“No, let’s meet her today.” She excitedly said.

“You’re not serious.” Said Hankyung.

She then stood and hooked her bag on her shoulder.

“I’m dead serious.” She said before heading at the exit. Hankyung scratched his head in disbelief while he followed behind.

He never knew that he just allowed her bestfriend to ruin Sakura’s life.

 

 

“Hankyung Oppa.” Sakura greeted him with a smile and bowed.

“Saki!” he smiled back.

“Hello!” Zhang suddenly jumped from Hankyung’s back, surprising Saki.

“Huh?”

“Ah Saki, she’s Shang Li Yin.” His eyes were apologetic because of Zhang’s behavior. “She’s my bestfriend.” He mouthed.

“Ah.” Saki smiled at her. “Table for two?”

“Yes please.”

 

 

“She’s pretty.” She said after Saki took their orders. Zhang looked at her front head to toe as she made her way to the kitchen, looking at every part with critique. “But I’m prettier.” She lifted her own chair.

It made Hankyung curse secretly. He knew her for so many years but never got used to her annoying attitude. It always pissed him. The girl in front of him was oozing with unwanted confidence, always thinking that she’s in front of an admiring audience.

“I don't really see why Xiah fell for her.”

“She’s nice.”

“Not good enough.”

“Why don't we try their spicy shrimp ramen?” He tried to change the topic but she was unstoppable.

“When our promotion started, I’m sure Xiah will forget about her.” She smiled sweetly but not her eyes. There was evilness in them. Hankyung regretted that he brought her there.

Then, their order arrived.

“Thanks.” Zhang said. “Geng told me a lot of things about you.” The unexpected Hankyung was shocked and looked at her sternly.

“I hope they’re good.” Saki smiled at him.

Hankyung returned her smile. Zhang was up to something and he made a mental note to find out what it was.

 “Zhang laughed. “Don't worry, all of them are good. He also told me that Kim Jaejoong is your brother.”

“Yah.” She simply nodded. She found Zhang quiet talkative but amusing. She wasn’t aware of the danger the girl in front of her may bring.

She then noticed her ring.

“Nice ring.” She said truthfully. The sparkling thing on her finger caught her eyes. She even got her hand to examine it carefully. “Expensive.” She commented.

Saki just smiled. “It’s a gift.”

“From Jaejoong?” she asked.

“From someone special?” That made Zhang’s Chinese eyes even smaller. But she still managed to change her expression effortlessly.

“Aww.” She giggled. “He gave that to you?”

“Yup!” Saki said proudly.

“He must be really in love!”

Saki just smiled and bowed. She never thought that it was the start of her misery.

 

 

*********************************************

Hello there! I’m back and I will officially start my replies….

MissusChoiSeungHyunplease don't hate Li yin that much…. She will just break the dolphin-mermaid love team… huh? Okay, I changed my mind. Hate her!!!  I raised my hands too when I read you comment! thank!

Pandaaahello!! I’ll give you a hint…. Junsu will fight for her… but…. I’ll stop there… keep on supporting!!! thanks!!!

 

butterfly555unnie… inhale… exhale… relax… you’re scaring me with your comments…. A perfect example of violent reactions… but I love them!!! Keep them coming!!!! Thanks!!!

 

suzie1911I also cant wait for Jaejoong’s story…. I wonder how will he react when he fall in love….Revenge on Zhang? But she hasn’t done anything yet… soon my dear, soon…. Thanks….

shengalina97hi… you were right… Rei and Yoochun were so passionate…. And I can’t help but giggle… haha….

 

AlzinaI didn’t let Jaejoong see the kissing scene… he might have a heart attack…. I really want a brother like her… maybe in my next life? Haha…. Watch out for the scene at the restroom…. It’s coming very soon…..

 

And to all my silent readers and to those who commented…. I will try my best to reply at least once in a while…

Sorry if I kept you waiting…. My PC was reformatted because someone saved lots of pictures with loads of viruses in them…..

 

Love you all….

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are loved…. And sometimes…. Replied…

 

PS…

I miss my editor….. come back soon

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK