Reminisce

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

An dwae yo nal,no,a beo ri myeon
Him deul eo do yeo gi deo,meo mul lo yo
Jo geum man do,bol,su i da myeon
Nam eun sa rang man keum uso bol,taen dae

“Oh?” Minami, the daughter of Saki’s landlord wriggled as she heard the song played on the transistor radio at the window. It was their lunch time and they were sharing a meal of fish and rice. “Timeless…” she murmured in broken English.

Saki suddenly stopped when she heard it. It was a very familiar song…especially the part sang by the male singer.

“What’s wrong?” Minami asked. “You understand the lyrics right? You studied Korean while you were in Korea right?” Saki looked away, avoiding eye contact but the petite Japanese girl kept on bugging her. Minami was just 12 years old but she looked like 18 because of much exposure from the sun. Her skin was burned and her hands were as hard as rock.

“No.” she mumbled. “I can’t understand it.” And continued to eat her plain meal.

Minami nodded and aggressively bit the head of the fish like a hungry dog. It sure made her satisfy. But Saki was thinking otherwise. She suddenly missed her brother- Jaejoong. The meal in front of her was far from the succulent dishes he prepares for her. She actually felt that she was his biological sister because of the love he had given her, considering that she was only Rei’s bestfriend. Her eyes suddenly watered but she was afraid that Minami might notice. She doesn’t want to talk about it anymore. But her mind kept on flashing everything… like it just happened yesterday…

 

 

 

“Saki!” Jaejoong called from the kitchen. “It’s late! You have an exam remember?”

“Coming!” he heard her yell from her room. Moments later, Saki came running down from the stairs.

“Careful!” Jae’s eyes widened. “You might fall off.”

“Nah… don’t worry.” She boasted. “I can run on that stairs blindfolded.”

“Oh really?” he smiled as he skillfully placed the kimbap inside the lunchbox.

“Are you going home early today?” He asked her

“Huh?”

“It’s your day off remember?” Jae nodded as he remembered her schedule. He was also busy that day because he was filming his movie and it will start in the afternoon. “Want to come with me?” he smiled. “I will introduce you to my friend.”

She frowned and shook her head. “No thanks, Su and I will go to the banpo bridge.” She declined, leaving the pouting Jaejoong.

“Again?” he hissed. 

“Yup.” She then pinched a piece of kimbap and placed it in . “He said we’ll watch the stars together.” The food tasted good.

Jae rolled his eyes at her. He wasn’t against the idea but he found it mushy.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. “It’s great. You know Oppa, you should get a girlfriend so you’ll know how it feels.”

“Oh yeah?” he scowled and also stuffed a kimbap inside his mouth. “Telp mep horwp it fels thnn.” He said in between chews.

“Yah!” Saki slighted punched his arm. ”Don't talk when you’re mouth is full!” she sermon her chewing brother.

He then swallowed the food and said… “Tell me how it feels then.” Crossing his arms and stared at her.

“Great.” She said and giggled like a teen in love. “It feels great.”

“Really huh?” he then pinched her cheeks. Jae always pinched Rei’s nose and Saki’s cheeks everytime they amuse him. And that day was no excuse.

“Oppa!” she protested and massages her cheeks. “Now I know why Rei hates that thing.”

“She hates it?” Jae frowned.

“Nah…” she smiled. “Joke.” She said and grabbed the lunch box from Jae and placed it inside her bag. She immediately kissed him and waved goodbye.

 

Those were the usual mornings of Saki in Korea.

 

 

 Timeless, I byeol eun a ni jyo
Han bon eui sarm i ra myeon ji geum oo,rin dae
Hold tight baby
Timeless, ,i ga seum ae mud o yo
Sun gan eui yeol byeong cho rom jam shi man,a peul bbun i ni
We both agree
This is timeless, love

 

“Yah… Xiah Junsu and Zhang Li Yin.” Minami giggled. “They sound good together. I wonder if they look good together too.” That made her stopped from eating. She suddenly lost her appetite with what she said. Minami doesn’t know a single thing about her life in Korea, the people she met and the people she loved. “What do you think Saki?” she innocently asked her and continued to eat without waiting for her answer.

“Maybe…” she whispered.

 

 

 

 

“Yobo!”

Sakura heard the very familiar voice and walked faster to look for him. She smiled when she saw her dolphin standing beside his car at the park near their university gate.

 Junsu kissed her forehead before he opened the car door for her. She answered with a very tight hug.

“Are we going to eat first or go directly to the bridge?” he asked before he started the engine. Sakura comfortably fasten her seatbelt and sighed. It was a Junsu-Sakura-day-at-the-banpo-bridge once again.

“Let’s just buy some snack and eat it there.”

“Ay ay captain!” he said which made her laughed.

“How’s your day?” she heard him asked with his eyes focused on the road.

“Tiring.” She said honestly. Taking a test from the most difficult subject she encountered plus writing a 2500 word essay was no easy job for her. She envied Rei because she gets to study at home. Since she gave birth, she took her lessons via net and takes care of YooMi at the same time. She wanted to get it also but Jaejoong said that it’s good for him to experience the university life since they practically lived their life inside the orphanage and even finished their high school there.

“Oh…” Junsu gently touched her face with his extended arm. “My Yobo is taking her studies seriously.”

“I have to.” She pouted. “I want to graduate for my dolphin to be proud of me.”

“I’m proud of you.” he smiled, making her blush. Those kinds of moments never failed to make her heart jump. She enjoyed every minute that she’s with him and she was looking forward for the future dates that they’ll going to spend together.

 

 

 

“We will start our recording tomorrow.” Junsu informed her as they sat on the green grass under the shady tree just beside the Banpo bridge. The same spot where Junsu took her when she was whining about Yunho’s rejection. She never thought that that same spot will be the witness of their sweetness and love.

“I’m happy for you.” she then wrapped her arms at his back.

“And I’m going to meet Zhang Li Yin tomorrow too.” He said softly and took the fried potato swirls from the pouch. He first blew them before he let Saki take a bite from his back.

“Zhang Li Yin?” she repeated.

“Yah.” Junsu nodded and also took a bite from the same stick. “She’s a new singer and our duet will be her debut.”

“Really?” she smiled. But Junsu wasn’t showing the same expression. “What’s wrong Su?” she whispered to his ears.

“That means, I will not be able to see you more often than before.” He sighed. “I’m gonna be busy for the following weeks.” The thought made him shiver inside.

“That’s okay.” She tried to smile for him. “I’ll just call you more often.”

“That’s not enough.” He said and stood, leaving Saki on the ground.

“What do you want me to do?” she also stood and followed him.

He took a deep breath before he told her his thoughts.

“I’m thinking of giving up the project.” He suddenly turned serious.

“What?” she groaned. “Are you serious?”

He nodded and picked a stone from the ground and threw it to the Han River.

“Why are you doing this?”

“I don't want to miss you.” he said sadly.

“Su?” she said with a questioning look. “You already gave up your play for me. I won’t allow you to give that up again. This is what you do. We’ll still be seeing each other.” But something was wrong with Junsu. He was acting weird since they arrived at their favorite place. “Tell me.” She commanded. “Something is bothering you.” She was so sure about it. She knew Junsu and they’ve been together for quite some time now that she can tell that something was wrong. “Tell me.” She pleaded.

He looked at her eyes and caressed her face with his thumbs. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Being with her was just satisfying.

“I’m not feeling good about this project.” He confessed. There was something inside him that tells not to continue and Saki was always popping out to his mind everytime he thinks about it. He doesn’t even know how that feeling started.

“Please allow me to give this to Siwon or to Donghae perhaps.” He said sadly. He doesn’t know where his nervousness was coming from. It was very weird. He never got worried and nervous like that before except during their first year in the industry. He was scared for some unknown reason.

 “I may not be seeing my yobo for a while.” He pouted.

She laughed at his reaction; she was kind of relieved because she thought that it was really serious.

“I’m gonna miss my dolphin too.” She pouted back and pinched both his cheeks. “But you promise to call me everyday?”

“Only if you promise to call me too.”

“Promise.” He then kissed her forehead. Still, his worries never left his face and Saki noticed it.

 

She gave him an assuring smile. “You should give it a try. I know they chose you because you are more than qualified for that project. And you also get to help a new artist.”

 

Those were the words that she regretted afterwards.

 

 

 

*******************************************

I just had to put this chapter first before proceeding to ZHANG… which coming up next….

Posting a new chapter is becoming difficult for me nowadays because I’m trying to finish my Field Study report due on Tuesday…. I’m trying to finish it up tomorrow so I’ll be free on weekends to type more chapters…. Please do watch out for them…

 

Geez…. Junsu and Saki’s story is way longer than Rei and Yoochun’s but as I promised, I will be including more moments in this fic….

 

Keep on supporting….

I’m also trying to finish BY HOOK’s trailer/slideshow… but I’m looking for the right kind of song… a happy and giggly one…. Any suggestions?

 

And to my editor… thank you for editing my fics… love it….love yah… I will not mention her name here because I’m not sure if she’ll like it… I’m gonna ask her first… (wink) this chapter is not edited yet… I’m trusting it all to your clear eyesight and good hands….

Same goes to my Unnie who showed me her masterpiece… another BY BLOOD trailer… Unnie… how did you edit those clips? Is it possible with the windows movie maker? I want to know so that my trailers will not be a slideshow any more….

And to my ever dearest subscribers and readers…. I always read your comments and they never failed to make me smile. I may not be able to replay to each and everyone of you but I want you to know that I really appreciate them… making me strive more and write more… thank you and love yah…

 

Men…. Something is wrong with me… I’m getting so mushy….anywayz….

 

Love yah….

This chapter will not be complete without….

 

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are accepted!!!!!

Keep ‘em coming!!!!

 

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK