of candies and lollipops

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

 

 

 

Since that announcement, Jae tried his best to stop anyone from bringing that topic up. No one was allowed to talk about it inside his house or when Saki was around.

Their lives went on like it used to except for the two souls that were lost.

Saki was always in her room and she only goes out when she need to attend her classes. That room became her hiding place, her silent sanctuary, the witness of all her pain and miseries.

She had nothing to hold on to when it comes to her memories of Junsu. Her room that once filled with dolphin stuffs was now crying out of emptiness. Jae didn’t return the toys for he wanted her to go on with her life and he badly wanted the innocent and cheerful Saki that they once knew when she first arrived in Korea back.

“What are your plans for the semestral break?” Jae asked her one morning over breakfast. But she just continued playing on her food like she didn’t hear anything.

“Saki.” Jae tried to her get attention but her mind was drowned by whatever thought she had inside her head.

“Saki.” He repeated for the third time and adding a slight nudge on her side.

“Huh?” she finally snapped back to reality and faced the smiling Jaejoong, dumbfounded.

“I’m asking about your plans for the coming break. That’s two weeks of freedom.” He laughed off her reaction.

“I want to work, not only for this break. I’ll talk to the owner of the ramen house today. I want my old job back.”

That instantly erased the cheerful smile on Jaejoong’s lips. He obviously didn’t like the idea of Saki getting her old job back.

“If you want to work, I’ll help you find something else. I don't want you to get back to that ramen house.” His voice was imposing. The same tone he used when he once despised Rei during their estrangement stage.

“But I’m used to the work there. It won’t be adjusting that much.” Of course she protested but Jae was stronger than her.

“It’s a command Saki, not a request.”

“No!”

“And then what? You will recall all the memories you had with Junsu and hurt yourself even more? I’m sorry Saki but I won’t allow you to do that. I’m trying to help you move on but you also have to help yourself.”

“I don't need any help.” blood rose to her head and she became irritable. She gave her brother a very mean glare. “And I don't want to move on!”

That was it. He dropped his chopsticks, creating some loud clang. He was pissed with her attitude so he gave her an equal amount of glare.

“Is that what you plan to do for the rest of your life huh Ms. Hayashi?” He said sarcastically making Saki jumped from her seat and banged the table with her balled fist.

“Stop calling me Ms. Hayashi!” she yelled.

“What do you want me to call you?” Jae reminded him self to calm down. He tried hard to control his slowly oozing temper. “Ms. Kim? Mrs. Kim?” he smirked, giving proper emphasis on the surname.

It made her angrier than before. She couldn’t understand why Jaejoong suddenly acted like a dictator and she can’t stand his presence anymore.

“If you’re mad because I chose to remain a Hayashi well then I’m sorry.” She stood proud. “But I believe that’s not the issue here.”

“I just want to help!” Jae turned angry and snapped out form his calmness. He also gave the table a much louder bang, sending the utensils in the air.

“I don't need help!”

“Is that so?” He then smiled bitterly. He was hurt by her sharp words.

But the stubborn girl didn’t back down. She knew that Jae was affected with what she said but she needed to tell him those words. She took a deep breath and tried to speak softly a possible.

“If you really want to help me, leave me alone.” She said and walked away for that dinning room.

 

 

“I will fit my gown today.” Zhang whispered on his ears and gave him a small peck on the neck. He was currently reading a script that day and Zhang visited him on the set. He didn’t protest because she will be her wife anyway. He was slowly adjusting his self to that gruesome idea.

The peck send some cold shiver down to his spine but he stopped him self from reacting and letting out a squirm. He didn’t want to ruin Zhang’s mood that day. It was a part of his adjustment.

“Go on.” He said, uninterested.

“How about you?” she then hugged his waist and leaned her face on his shoulder.

“I still have some tuxedos at home that I only used once.” No matter how he tried, he just couldn’t stop the coldness that was coming out from his mouth.

“Old?” her eyes widened in disbelief. “It’s our wedding. Our special day. Why wear an old tuxedo when you can have the best in the world?”

“I only wore it once and it’s still in its perfect state.” ‘Calm down Junsu….clam down.’ His mind shouted.

“But Xiah, what would the media say about it? Do you want them to spread that my groom is wearing some old used rugs?”

Junsu took a deep breath and looked at her disapprovingly. He never talked about the media and don't have the plan of announcing the wedding to them or to the world.

“The media will never find it out because they’re not invited.” He said sternly.

“But…?” she wanted to protest but Junsu stopped her immediately.

“I want a simple wedding. I want it free for all disturbances, one thing that media cannot give so why waste time inviting them? I just want to share it with my family and friends, you and me. If you’re not okay with that, I’m sorry but I cannot do anything about it.” He said and dropped the script on the couch as he stood, leaving the girl on the verge of tears.

Zhang wasn’t a dumb. She knew exactly that only she wanted that wedding to happen. She wasn’t expecting that proposal, it just happened all of a sudden and that was the opportunity she was waiting for, so why waste the precious ring? Finally her time came and Junsu will see and experience the kind of love she was willing to share, the kind of love that Saki failed to give.

“Do you really want to marry me?” she said with a hurtful voice and teary eyes.

Junsu stopped and faced her. He slowly leaned closer to her face and cupped her face gently with his warm hands.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” He looked at her intently. Their face was just a breath away from each other.

She nodded with his hands still on her face.

He smirked.

“Yes.” He said and earned a sigh of relief from her. “I won’t ask you to marry me if I don't want to.” Then his tone shifted into much deeper and scarier one. “But if you continue on being a brat, I might change my mind.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

That day, after that gruesome clash with her brother, Sakura decided to visit Goon Yoo. It’s been a while since she last saw the boy and the place and she missed them both. Armed with couple of chupa chups and some packs of skittles, she headed to the Banpo Bridge and waited for the boy, the boy whose parents work at a small stall on that park.

The boy soon appeared, the same time as the bridge show off it spectacular lights. She welcomed him with a smile and extended arms but the kid returned her smile with a frowned and remained at his place.

“What’s wrong Goon Yoo?” she disappointedly dropped her arms. She just motioned him to sit beside her on the grass but he just stood like she was a stranger in front of him. He even crossed his arms, showing his unhappiness.

“What took you so long?”  He questioned her in a very upset tone. “Hyung is not here and will never come back. Are you ignoring me too? What did I do?”

“Goon.” She lowered her head. She couldn’t explain it but she felt a lump on . She felt more upset and lonely when she saw the sadness on his eyes. She suddenly felt the urge to hug him tight. Goon Yoo was a special boy, the boy that Junsu once adored.

She stood and forcedly grabbed the boy’s head and pulled him into a big hug.

“I’m sorry.” She smiled and kissed his forehead. “I got so busy weeping that I forgot that I still have a friend who is waiting for me here.”

“You are weeping? Goon Yoo’s sharp ears caught it. He forgave her just like that. The once sad expression of the boys changed into a worried one and that send a little spark of happiness inside her.

“I bought you some treats.” She said and showed him the sweets, avoiding his question.

Goon Yoo smiled but it was not enough to reach his eyes.

“Don't you like it?” It was her turn to worry. The kid loves candies but night, he showed a different reaction.

“Noona.” He looked at her with teary eyes. “I miss Hyung. He used to give me candies.”

She smiled sadly and gently ruffled his thick hair.

“Me too Goon Yoo, but we have to accept that he’ll no longer be coming back to us.”

“Why?”

“Because he’s happy with someone else.”

“Who?”

Zhang.’ The name she dared not utter.

“Noona, I want to see him.”

She suddenly panicked. She wouldn’t dare to say yes to the little boy. She couldn’t promise him of something she knew she wasn’t capable of fulfilling. Instead, she tried to change the topic to at least lighten the downed spirit of the child.

“Let’s go to Lotte World.” With much faked enthusiasm on her voice, she tried to cheer him up.

“L-lotte World.” twinkles started to appear on his eyes. She was somehow successful on distracting the child.

“It’s been a long time since I last visited that place.” She sighed and stared the proud and sparkling Han River in front of them, showing off the moon’s romantic reflection on its surface.

“We will go to Lotte world? I’ve never been there.” His voice finally became excited.

“Ah huh. How about to tomorrow?”

“We have to ask for Omma and Appa’s permission.” He laughed.

“But will they entrust you to me?” she then thought. “I never met them.”

“Then let’s meet them.” He then stood and held her hand tightly and pulled her to the stall where her parents work as vendors.

 

 

“Omma!!! Appa!!!” he shouted.

“Goon Yoo…stop running.” His Omma said.

Saki saw a lady in her mid thirties and bowed. The lady returned her greetings and smiled.

“You must be Ms. Sakura, the pretty mermaid.”

“Huh?” Saki said, puzzled.

“Omma… Noona said she will bring me to the Lotte world tomorrow. Please let me come with her please?” he even clapped his hands and kneeled in front of his mom.

His Omma smiled.

“How about some tea?” she offered and Saki smiled.

 

“Goon’s father works here with me but he had to buy some of our supplies that’s why he’s not here.” The lady explained.

“My son talks about you every night before he goes to bed. Before, it was Mr. Junsu who was always with him and played around the park. He once told us that his friend was waiting for his girlfriend and he wanted to help.” They both looked at the boy who was busy playing with his broken old toy truck at the door of the stall.

“Mr. Junsu said that his girlfriend is prettier than Song Hye Kyo.” That made Sakura blushed but she remained quiet and listened to the lady’s story. “From that day, our Goon made that his mission. He swept the park everyday in search of the girl who can surpass Hye Kyo’s beauty but he always go home disappointed until you came.”

“Huh?”

“I instantly recognized you when you came a while ago and I should say that Mr. Junsu was right. You are really beautiful.”

“Thanks.” She shyly replied and took a sip from her tea.

“One day, our boy went home crying. He said his hyung will never come to visit him anymore. He was really sad and he cried almost every night. He became his bestfriend and he misses him very much.”

“He’s heartbroken.” Saki said and silently cursed Junsu for doing that to the little boy.

“Indeed, but you came. At least he will be happy again.”

“And I will never leave.”

 

 

 

 

 

Lotte World…

The place was half filled with kids and kids at heart. Goon Yoo’s eyes widened when he first took a step on the place. He wanted to explore it as soon as they arrived but he never left Saki’s side. He even held her hand tightly, afraid to get lost. She got the permission to bring the kid to the place and she was so happy about it. It was also her time to relax and forget about her heartaches even for a while.

“So Goon Yoo.” She kneeled in front of him and smiled. “Which one should we ride first?”

“Ahmmm.” He pointed his cheeks cutely. He wanted to try all the rides but he can’t decide which one.

“How about that one?” she pointed at the merry go round and he nodded excitedly.

 

 

Both were exhausted when they finished three rides. Saki’s back landed on the bench and Goon tiredly rested his head on his lap.

“Noona, I’m hungry.” He whined and massaged his stomach.

She laughed and motioned the boy to get on her back as they make their way to the restaurant.

“What do want to eat?”

“Seafood ramen!” he shouted happily and she suddenly stopped walking.

“Why Noona?” he asked behind her ears.

“Huh?” she sighed and smiled. “N-nothing. Seafood ramen then.” She hopped making the kid giggled on her back.

 They were about to enter a restaurant that serves ramen when someone bumped into Saki. She always fell into the ground with Goon Yoo on her back. Luckily, she held her balance and the frightful thing never happened. But when she looked up to see who bumped them, her jaw dropped and her heart pounded crazily.

Suddenly, her world stopped spinning.

 

*******************************************************************************

 

 

hi there everyone...

 

 

hope you'll enjoy this....

 

 

few more chappies to go and it;s Jae's turn!!!!

 

 

 

replies will be on the next update...

 

 

love yah all....

 

 

 

keep all your comments coming....

 

 

and also suggestions and violent reacions are accepted.........

 

 

it's hankyung's time next chappy so please watch out for it.....

 

 

 

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK