Happiness and Frustration

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

 

 

He took a long and heavy sigh as he watched his friend leave. He then closed the door and headed to their room. Junsu made a huge help by putting YooMi to sleep. Yoochun’s body was refusing to cooperate with his mind. As much as he wanted to take care of his family, that time, his health finally took it's toll. He was lucky enough to reach their bed before he passed out.

He hasn’t cooked for their lunch and YooMi will soon wake up crying once again. His mind was still working but his body was just wrecked and damn tired. He wanted to stand and cook food for them but he just couldn’t make it.

He was breathing heavily and his whole body shivered. He wanted to pull himself over a blanket but his body refused to do a single movement. He had to endure the coldness of the surroundings.

And then, he felt warm all of a sudden. He felt like someone put a warm blanket over his sick body. And few moments later, a damp cloth was felt over his forehead. It sure gave him some comfort and warmth.

“Junsu-ah… is that you?” he whispered without opening his eyes, thinking that his friend returned.

Nobody answered and the movement stopped. He cannot feel the damp cloth over his forehead anymore but the blanket continued to give him warmth and that made him realized the he was only imaging things… a condition he would call a hallucination.

 

A moments past and Yoochun finally got his much needed sleep. He haven’t heard his daughter cry so he supposed the Jaejoong, his hyung came over and cooked lunch for them which he usually does. He pulled his blanket over his shoulders and faced the other side of the bed where Rei usually sleeps.

He then started to think about the things they used to share on that special bed. The thoughts amazing gave a calming effect on his body. He thought of how Rei used to touched his face to wake him up every morning… of how he kiss her before opening his eyes. Of how she called him Yoo-chi... of how she disturbed him everytime he works before bed time. And he missed those moments… thinking of them made his eyes watery on his sleep.

Then he felt a heartbeat in front of him. And a finger started running down of his forehead; it stopped and circled his closed eyes. He gasped when it ran on the top of his nose… it sent some sweet sensation to him and that made him smile. And finally, that touch made it to his lips that were a little dry due to his fatigue. It squeezed them and he played with them. He wanted to stay forever that way. Rei was the only person who loves to with those kinds of touches. He wanted to open his eyes to see if he was dreaming. He would be so disappointed to find out that every touch was just a dream so he just let his eye do what they wanted. He smiled and let his mind and body flowed with what he believed a dream.

“I love you Princess…” he  unknowingly whispered. His voice sure lacked the energy he used to have but it was oozing with love… his love for his wife.

“I love you more.”

 

 

 

 

 

It was a long and tiring flight for the dolphin. But he will see his mermaid soon and that gave him so much energy. He finally reached the address Yoochun gave to him. His heart was beating crazily like it was about to pop out from his chest. It was also a long walk but he didn't mind. Saki was surely waiting at the end of that road.

He took a very deep breath before his fist landed on the door to knock. But after a few minutes of knocking, no one answered. 

"Are you looking for little Saki?" an old woman asked from behind.

"Yes." he bowed when he saw her.

"Ah..." she shook her head. "You are late young man. Someone came before you and took her away."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A shock of a lifetime: that what Saki called it. She slowly opened her eyes only to face a major disappointment.

“Saki!” his smile was really to die for but she just returned it with a forged one.

“Kyu.” She said and stood.

“How are you?!” The Suju maknae said excitedly. “It’s been a year.”

“Yah…” she was obviously not interested. Among all the people who visited her, Kyu was the last on her list… next to Junsu. But she wasn’t sure if she will give the same reaction to the dolphin.

“You seemed….” He paused. “… unhappy to see me.” He tried to show a smile on her but his eyes can’t lie as he sat beside her.

“What are you doing here?” she asked straightly. She seriously didn’t have time for anyone… well except for someone.

“I’m here to bring you home.”

She laughed with sarcasm.

“You are still evil.” She said. “And you think it will be easy? Jaejoong Oppa and Yoochun Oppa tried to make me come home.”

“And they failed.” Kyu chuckled. “You think I will get the same fate?”

Saki looked at him intently in the eyes, like giving him a warning.

“No one…” she hissed.  “…can make me come home unless it’s my choice.”

“You are still mad.” He laughed and pinched her cheeks which made her more furious. She slapped his arms away but it didn’t stop Kyu. He wasn’t the evil maknae if he backed out.

“But I tell you… it won’t give you the feeling of satisfaction. Don't get mad… get even and women do most delight on revenge.”

And that proved his evilness once more. Saki was more that surprised but she kept it hidden.

‘Get even…’

His voice flew inside her mind.

"If you really want to get revenge on the 'other woman', go to church, get in touch with your God. Keep your health and appearance in top form, go back to school and take some classes and then proceed to live your life by the highest possible standards you can muster, with either the bible or just very high morals and values as your roadmap. That'll show the who really matters!" his litany got her interest somehow. "You are now far from the Saki i knew."

“Who’s the Kyu?” she asked.

“Junsu.” He smiled.

Saki just looked away. Junsu’s name was mentioned once again… and she didn’t like the feeling when it escaped Kyu’s mouth.

“You’re waiting for him.” It was a strong statement from him and she was obviously taken aback. “And you are confused right now.”

“You’re a fool.” She fought back, her brain refused to back down.

“Waiting is painful. Forgetting is also painful. But not knowing what to do is the worst kind of suffering.” She laughed all of a sudden with his words.

“Since when did you become that… poetic?”

“Since you left.”

And she was once again shut off.

“In the eyes of Junsu and Zhang, you are a loser.” He then said which made her took a deep breath. Kyu wasn’t helping her at all. Her wounds were still open and he kept on pouring something stingy and he was successful on adding more pain.

I've been a loser all my life. I'm not about to change. If you don't like it, there's a door. Nobody made you stay.” She couldn’t handle him anymore so he stood but Kyu caught her hand immediately, making her sit again.

Sometimes the person you really need is the one you didn't think you wanted.”

She smirked… just like Jae. Kyu Hyun smiled. She is really Jaejoong’s sister.

“I want to help you.  Come with me, stop sulking yourself here. And if Junsu loves you he could have come here.”

“Shut up.”

“He could have followed you a year ago. I know how you feel.” She allowed him to her face. It was the scent he hated before and it was in front of her once more. Kyu smiled and looked at her with pleading eyes.

“Take it from someone who's fallen... it's a long way down.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost noon when Yoochun opened his eyes. He stared at the ceiling and relished his dreams the night before. It seemed so real. He checked on his forehead and found that his fever was history. But that didn’t give him the satisfaction. He still felt sick and empty because Rei wasn’t on his side, literally and figuratively. That made him jerked and quickly stood. Rei wasn’t on her usual spot- on the chair near the window. And YooMi wasn’t on her crib. He didn’t even hear her cry that morning and it sure gave him worries. Without thinking twice, even without his sleepers, he ran over the heated floor and went out of their room. His family was missing and it gave him shrills that he couldn’t explain.

He was about to go to the kitchen when she heard YooMi’s laughter. He took a peek and saw her on the high rise chair.

“Jaejoong Hyung.” He assumed.

But when he entered the kitchen, he saw a different figure and it was not Jaejoong at all. The figure was currently washing the dishes he left the day before because he was too sick to attend to them, while the pot was boiling with some kind of soup. The smell sent his stomach to growled. YooMi laughed when the little girl heard him.

“Pa-pa.” She giggled. It's been a long time since he last saw his daughter that playful.

But he just stood there, looking at the stranger who was at his wife’s kitchen.

“Huh… YooMi?” the figure finally spoke and slowly turned around to look at his daughter.

And Yoochun felt like someone casted a spell on him. His feet remained frozen on the floor despite the heat coming from the heater.  His hair was in great mess but he felt each strand rising like they have their own life. His heart was beating fast…. Like the bullet train from Japan. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. It wasn’t a dream after all.

“Oh… Yoo-Chi.”

 

 

 

 

******************************************

What happened to Junsu? Will Saki agree with Kyu’s plan?

 

Hmm……

And I will left you there hanging…. Thank you for commenting… I will reply soon… and oh…. IM BACK!!!!!

 Miss me?

 

 

 

Comments… suggestions and even violent reactions are accepted… (geez… I missed typing this)

 

Aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK