Snakes Beside You

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

It became official. Saki topped Zhang’s hate list. The fact that she’s the girl that Junsu was going crazy about made her teeth grit.

“I’m prettier than her!” she shouted at the mirror in front of her. “Her hands were not even close to the softness of mine!”

‘I’m already taken.’ Junsu’s voice kept on echoing inside her head.

“No Xiah.” She smiled assertively. It was the kind of smile that will send some shiver down to anyone’s spine.  “I will get you from her, by hook or by crook.”

 

Saki decided to visit their special place before going to the university because she was missing him once again. It was her day off but Junsu wasn’t there to spend it with her. Timeless will be released soon so he had to be in it 100%. He didn’t even had the time to call or even text her. They haven’t talk since their anniversary. Saki was saddened because of it but cannot do anything. But the thought that the promotion will soon be over and that they will be together again kept the fire in her heart burning.

 

“Hi Yah!” Someone tapped her shoulder. She turned to face it and found Kyu Hyun smiling kindly at her. She stepped back all of a sudden.

“K-Kyu?” She tried to gather her words. “What are you doing here?”

Kyu noticed what she did. He knew that she became aloof to him after the welcome party.

“Still afraid of me?” he asked.

Sakura looked away. She never wanted to make him feel that way but his eyes were giving her chills she couldn’t really explain.

“I’m not afraid of you.” she lied, trying to make her voice sound normal as possible.

“I’m sorry.” He gave her a sad smile.

“Huh?”

“I scared you during our welcome party. It’s my fault. I was drunk. I should’ve never treated you that way.” He explained with his apologetic eyes. “Let’s be friends again.” He then pled.

She went quiet for a while and looked at him seriously. She was hoping to see some sincerity and she wasn’t disappointed. He was sincere and Saki accepted it. Kyu was her friend and remained as one.

“That’s all I can offer, being your friend and nothing more.” She then smiled. Making Junsu jealous and doubt on her in any way was the last thing on her mind.

“I know.” There was something in his voice that made her feel bad. “I have to face it. You like that dolphin more than me.”

“Kyu?” she glared at him.

“No worry, I’ll settle on being your friend. But in case you change your mind-“

“Kyu?” she cut him off.

“Friends.” He smiled in which she gladly returned.

“Why are you alone?” he asked afterwards. The calm Han River matched the beautiful day. It was perfect for relaxing and a good cup of coffee.

“Su’s song will be released this week so he’s busy.” She explained.

He nodded in agreement. He had been into that situation.

“Let’s have a coffee then, my treat.” It was just a simple invitation form Kyu but she still declined it.

“I have to go to school.”

Kyu didn’t give up that easy. He wanted to make up for the lost time Junsu stole form him.

“But…”

“I won’t take no for an answer.” He insisted so Sakura was left with no choice.

 

Skai thought that Kyu’s kindness ended when they reacjed the university. They said goodbye to each other and Saki wnet to her class. But when it was over, she was surprised to see him wall near the gate and waiting. He was leaning against the wall with his aviator shades that made him more handsome. His presence made people around him noticed, mostly girls.

She was about to approach him when a girl about her age went to him and asked.

“Oppa.” Said the girl. “You look like Kyu Hyun for Super Junior.”

Kyu gave the girl a soft smile while made her blush.

“I’ll take that as a compliment but I don't think that Kyu Hyun has the time to visit a place like this.” He said.

The poked her own chin and analyzed what he said and then smiled.

“I guess you’re right.” And walked away, leaving the guy unharmed.

 

“That was a close one.” Saki said while waking towards him. “But why are you still here?”

“I’m actually free today so I decided to wait for you.” he smiled back. “And take you home.” He knew she will surely reject if her offer her to go out and eat.

“You really don't have too.” She grinned. She wasn’t used that someone waits for her at school.

“I want to.” He insisted. He even touched her elbow and assisted her way to his car. They could be mistaken for a couple that day because Kyu was a perfect gentleman.

 

“Nice ring.” Kyu said and then fixed his eyes on the road.

“Huh?” she lifted her hand and looked at it. The ring was getting so much attention.

“Hyung gave it to you.” it was a statement, not a question.

“How did you know?” she asked.

Kyu chuckled.

“It’s a dolphin.”

“Ah yah…” she nodded and laughed. Only Junsu would give her that kind of stuff. He was taking his nickname  seriously.

“An engagement ring?”

She wanted to think that way but she knew that none of them was ready to be engage, at least not yet. She still have to finish her studies and Junsu still has business to mind.

She shook her head. “Just an anniversary gift.”

“Lucky guy.”

“You will meet lucky girl soon Kyu.”

“I found her.” He looked at her and smiled.

“Seriously?” said Saki with wide eyes. “I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks.” He chuckled.

“Can I meet her?”

That made her sad. She had no idea that it was still here and always been her.

“Soon.” He whispered and took a deep breath. “You’ll meet her when she’s ready.”

 

Suddenly her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Sakura! Let’s meet tomorrow.”

“She frowned. The number and the voice was unfamiliar.

“Excuse me, may I know who you are?” she politely asked. She thought that it was just a wrong number but she knows her name?

The girl on the other line rolled her eyes. “Zhang Li Yin remember? Geng’s best friend.” She introduced herself once again. “We met at the ramen shop.”

“Ah…” Saki finally nodded, as if Zhang can see her.

“Are you free tomorrow?”

“I have work.”

“I’ll wait for you then. Let’s go out. I want to hung out with you.”

“S-sure.” She reluctantly said before she hang up.

 

“Step one….checked.” Zhang smiled.

 

“Who’s that?” Kyu asked her. The car was on a stop because of the red light.

“A new friend.”

“A girl?”

“Yup!” she smiled. “She invited me out.”

“You agreed?”

“Ah huh.”

“Yah right.” He pouted and purposely sounded sad. “Unfair.”

 

“Don't give me that look Kyu.” She chuckled.

He then smiled and continued driving. “I’m only joking.”

 

 

They arrived at home and saw 3 of the DBSK having a conversation at the garden-Jaejoong, Yunho and Changmin.

“Hyung.” Kyu immediately bowed at his sunbaes. Jae’s brows instantly boxed and gave Saki an interrogating look.

“He picked me up form the university.” She glared back at him. She got what Jaejoong wanted to say with his eyes.

“I better go. Bye Saki.” He bowed once again and left.

 

Then…

“I know what you’re thinking!” she told Jae.

“Me?” he pointed himself innocently.

“ I love Junsu, Kyu is just a friend. Nothing else follows.”

 

Yunho, who was listening, laughed. “Looks like our Saki know you too well now. She can even read your mind.” He joked.

“Yah!” Jae said irritated. “Get inside. There’s a cake inside the fridge.” He’s irritated but he still cant hide his soft side.

Saki obeyed with pouting lips. Changmin then followed her and hook his arm on her.

“Hey!” Jae called out. “Where are you going?”

Changmin turned and replied innocently.

“You said there’s a cake on the fridge?”

The overprotective brother scratched his head in disbelief.

“That’s for Saki.”

“I’m sure she’ll share it with me.” He even winked at her.

“I would love too.” She smiled and went inside with him.

Jaejoong glared at them while Yunho just kept on laughing.

 

The magazine that covered Changmin was finally out and it was a hit in the market. Yunho’s musical wrapped up with a smashing success. Jaejoong’s movie was to be released soon and they were all sure that it will break records. Yoochun wrote an unbelievable number of songs for their next album. He was inspired, no questions asked. And Junsu’s duet will be released that week. Everyone was talking about it and everyone was also excited. Their individual activities were over after that and they will concentrate on their upcoming album.

 

“Their relationship is rock sturdy.” Yunho said, he was satisfied with it. “You wouldn’t think that they will be that way when they first met.”

Jae showed him his famous smirk. He was glad that he no longer have a sister to protect from the claws of s after Saki.

“Can you imagine if I pursued Saki?” the leader was trying to piss the brother. “I will be your brother in law then. Isn’t that nice?”

But Jae just grimaced. He was disgusted with what he was saying. Having Yoochun as a brother in law was tough, he will soon have Junsu though the thought still makes him shiver.

“Oh please Yunho.” He begged. “Stop talking about nonsense.”

“Brace yourself Jaejoong.” Yunho once again laughed.

 

“Annyeo Haseo.” Sakura greeted the panting Zhang who just arrived an hour late.

“Hi.” She faked a smile. “Traffic.” She reasoned out but didn’t apologize at her tardiness. Sakura didn’t make a big fuzz out of it though. Even they way she dressed, Saki wore simple kind of clothes that day but Zhang was dressed up like a celebrity.

“Where are we going?” she then asked.

“Bear Museum. Geng told me that place is great.”

“I’ve never been there.” The place made Sakura excited. She never got the chance to visit the place because of her studies and work.

“Let’s go.” Zhang took her hand and waved at a taxi passing by.

 

 

“So how’s Jaejoong as a brother?” They had just exited the museum and currently eating some ice cream on their way out. It was her step 2…. Getting to know Saki…. Her innocent enemy.

“He’s actually very good.” She had no plan of telling her about the adoption. She was Jaejoong’s sister, period. “A bit over-protective but just fine.”

Zhang giggled. Saki was one lucky girl. Having DBSK’s hottest member as a brother was truly awesome.

“How about your guy?” she wiped her lips with scattered ice cream with a hanky. ”Tell me more about him.”

“Ah…” Saki smiled as he thought about Junsu. “He’s the most loving person in the world. He’s funny and can get silly at times.” She could go on and on with it.

“And it’s okay with you to have a silly boyfriend?” she scowled.

Saki laughed. “I fell for him with the very reason.”

 

Zhang spent her whole day with Saki. They were both amazed at the bear stuff toys at the museum. They ate together, took pictures together and even laughed together. Zhang forgot the reason why she was with her. She hated to admit that she had a good time with her- a genuine fun. Their personality surprisingly matched up.

‘I love to hate you Sakura but I ‘m having a hard time.’ She thought.

 

“I had a blast.” Sakura said as they walked at the busy street of Seoul. It was nearly dark but one wanted to go home yet.

“Yah me too.”

“Thank you.” bowed at her.

“For what?” Zhang looked at her.

It was her plan to discover her negative side but instead, she only saw the good side of her.

“I only have a few girl friends aside from Mimi.” She already told her about her bestfriend. “SNSD are always out of the country so we seldom meet.” She explained.

“Wow! Even your friends are famous.” Zhang only see them at the SME but Saki was actually rubbing elbow with them. It made her a little jealous.

Saki laughed.

“It’s my special day tomorrow and I want you to be there.” Zhang then held her hands.

“Is it your birthday?”

She shook her head and said. “More special than that.”

“I’ll be there then.” Saki assured her new friend.

Zhang smiled. “Thanks…”

 

 

***************************************************

I’m really excited about the restroom scene……

 

Comments…. Suggestions…. And violent reactions are well accepted and loved…..

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK