Sufferings....

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

suggestion.... you might want to put this as a background while reading... i used it on BY HEART and it also fits on this fic... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfQPUJpPsKM

 

 

“Mimi… please don’t cry.” Sakura said as she gently wiped the tears of her best friend.

But her words made Rei cry even more. She couldn’t believe that she was leaving her once again.

“Why do you have to go? Why don't you just stay here with us?” she said in between sobs.

“Mimi…” she begun to cry too. “Fairytales are not for me.”

 

Her heart was broken. Falling in love felt like heaven but it hurts like hell. She just couldn’t stand seeing her love in the arms of someone else. All of her dreams shattered and it got the most out of her. She suddenly lost her composure, her confidence and her happiness.

 

“But you’ll be alone in Japan again. Please just stay here with us.” Rei still begged hoping that she will somehow change her mind.

 

Sakura smiled sadly and shook her head. She was determined to go… no one can stop her except for him.

 

“Saki?”

 

“Mimi… I have to do this. I have to give myself a break. I just want the old me to come back.”

 

“But everyone loves the way you are.”

 

“No… Mimi… let me go. It’s the only way to forget him.”

 

“He loves you.”

 

“I want to believe you.”

 

“I’m telling you that truth.”

 

“Mimi, stop it. He never love me.”

 

“Saki?”

“Visit me huh?” she smiled. “I guess I will go back to planting strawberries again.”

 

Rei then dialed her phone and waited.

 

“Yoo-chi?” she said. “Where is he?”

 

“Ah Princess.” Yoochun said from the other line, frustrated. “We can’t find him anywhere.”

 

“What?” she gasped. “He has to be here. Saki’s leaving in a few minutes!”

 

“I’m sorry but we looked everywhere for him.”

 

“Yah!” she cried after she hung up. “Where is he?”

 

“I told you.” Saki said. “He’s not coming. I didn’t tell him about this.”

 

“Saki please don't do this.”

 

“I have to.”

 

ALL PASSENGERS BOUND FOR OSAKA JAPAN PLEASE PROCEED TO GATE 2

 

“My flight.” Saki wiped her own tears and hugged her best friend tightly. “Kiss YooMi for me.”

 

“Saki… Please take care of your self.” Rei couldn’t believe that she was actually sending her off. It freaked her out knowing that she will not see her best friend for a very long time.

 

“I will.” She kissed her cheeks. “Visit me huh? And take care of your self…”

Rei nodded sadly.

 

Then she started to walk away. Sakura thought that she will never return to Japan. She started believing in fairytales because of Rei’s love story but one man left her broken. Her steps begun to feel heavier as she made her way to gate two. She heard Rei called her name but she didn’t looked back. She forced herself not to look back. It was really painful to leave the people and the country she learned to love. She sighed as she followed the wave of people going to gate 2. She couldn’t recognize a single face. She took a deep breath as she finally entered. The plane was going to depart soon. She fastened her seat belt; she didn’t bother to listen to the flight attendant as she was doing her usual routine.

 

 

 

The cold air that touched his face made Junsu shiver. He then regretted going. It was not a good idea to visit the place. He saw a few numbers of couples relaxing near the bridge just like what they did before. The thought made him miss her more. The bridge became their hide away when he wants to escape from the cruel reporters and paparazzi and need a quiet place to relax. She was always there for him. He felt that their love was a match made in heaven. His happiness reached its highest level everytime he holds her hand. He thought nothing could break them apart. But he was wrong…

 

Junsu was known for his contagious laughter and never ending jokes. Being serious in life and in love was not included in his vocabulary until he met Sakura. The girl that made his heart skipped a beat, the girl that gave him sleepless nights… and … the girl that broke her heart.

 

He rested his head at the steering wheel. He felt so tired and hopeless. He never felt such sadness like that before. The pain was unbearable and he felt that his heart was about to explode.

 

“What went wrong?” he whispered.

 

 

 

 

Junsu smiled sadly as he remembered the day they all got the blessings of their friends. It was very unforgettable moment for him. Being with Saki and getting the blessings of the people close to their hearts was truly overwhelming.

 

A tear dropped from his eyes as he stepped out of his car. The Banpo Bridge was Saki’s favorite place. It was the first time that he went there alone. He slowly inhaled the fresh air and closed his eyes. His heart felt so heavy, it was like being squeezed inside his chest. He never thought that such pain can bring him down to his knees. The place brought so many memories. It was the only place where he could still feel her. He missed her hugs and cuddles. He missed her whole being. He wanted her back. He wanted his mermaid on his side.

 

 

 

 

The plane stretched its wheels to the runway of the airport in Japan. The weather was very fine indeed but it didn’t match Saki’s gloomy eyes. She wiped her tears as she looked out on the window. She was finally home-her true home.

 

Her feet felt like 100 pounds each as she stepped on the famous bullet train going to her province. Nothing real changed as she watched the green field and the clear blue sky on her way. The bullet train was fast, as fast as her heart beating inside her chest. Her eyes started to water once again. Nothing in Japan will make her remember her heartbreak. All her friends and love ones were left in Seoul, Korea, the place she once called home.

 

She stepped on their old shabby house and let go an agonizing smile. She slowly kneeled at the doorstep and put her hands on her knees for support and let her tears flow freely to her face. She was alone once again. She was used living alone after Rei left for Korea but that time, everything seemed new to her. She was missing everyone… she was missing Rei, YooMi, her brother and the rest and most specially, Junsu.

 

She slowly unpacked her luggage and arranged her clothes on the box near her mat which served as her bed. The grungy house was half the size of her room in Korea. Its roof was almost worn out because no one stayed there for a long time. The walls were tattered, showing the age of it. It was not as elegant as Jaejoong’s house but she still called it a home- A home that she had to stay on for the rest of her life because she had no plan on going back to Korea.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Changmin blurted out. He and Yoochun had been looking around the place for a full hour and they were still searching. Junsu was nowhere to be found. Jaejoong and Yunho searched the whole SM compound and other places that could lead to Junsu but they were also a failure. “He’s not here.”

 

“Don't stop looking.” Yoochun said panting. They were all worried about the dolphin. Saki just left and he was missing.

“What’s wrong with him?” the maknae said without stopping. His eyes were searching every corners of the bridge.

“Everything.” Yoochun replied. He had never seen Junsu that sad and heartbroken before. Sakura surely made a tremendous impact on his life.

 

 

Meanwhile… Junsu picked one can of beer inside his trunk and open it with all the strength he got. He sat on the edge of the bridge, not minding the danger it may bring with one wrong move. He looked down at the reflection of the moon on the Han River below him, two people sat there before and now, he was left all alone. He took a drink from the can and scowled as the bitterness of the beer reached his taste buds but the warmness it brought to his neck made him somehow satisfied. But the truth hurts him so much. Saki left him because of his stupidity. Never had he imagined that the romantic couple will turn out that way. He can’t blame anyone but himself. He wanted to cry that moment. His chest felt so tight and heavy. He badly wanted to release it but he can’t. The pain was just unbearable. No tears wanted to leave his eyes. He was desperately trying to ease the pain but reality always checked in. Only one person can make everything okay… and that person was not with him anymore.

 

“Junsu!” he heard someone called him but he didn’t bother to look who it was. He was too absorbed with his thoughts. He was reminiscing every moment and he and Saki shared on that place.

 

“What are you doing here?!” Yoochun grabbed his shoulders and tried to pick him up but he just pushed him away.

“Go away.” He said blankly.

 

“Hyung.” Changmin whispered. He was too tired to talk.

Yoochun sighed and tried to pick him up again. “Let’s go home.” But for the second time, he pushed him away. “Are you trying to kill yourself?!” he yelled. He finally lost his patience. “Everyone is worried about you!”

 

“I want to be alone.” He whispered and once again stared at the sparkling river. It somehow made him calmer and stable.

 

“Let’s talk about this at home. Come on!” Yoochun was determined not to leave without him.

 

“No.” he shoved his fingers through his hair. “You don't understand. Just leave me alone.”

 

“Wrong!” he yelled at him, trying to wake to get him up from his deep thoughts. “I understand because I’ve been there!”

“Hyung.” Changmin tapped Yoochun’s shoulder to calm him down.

 

“I’ve been there that’s why I know.” Leaving Rei and YooMi was the most heart wrenching experience in his life.

 

“So you understand how painful it is?” Junsu looked at his friend with the most miserable eyes ever. “You know how difficult it is not to be by her side? You know how it felt when your world suddenly stops revolving because the one you love broke up with you?” His voice started to cracks but still, his most wanted tears never came out. “It hurts.” He punched his own chest and crumpled the beer can in his hand, making the liquid burst out from it.

 

Yoochun went silent for a while. Changmin was once again praying that everything will go back the way it was before. He hated to see his hyungs to be in that situation.

“Let’s go home.“  Was all he had to say.  Junsu’s situation was so sensitive and he was so fragile at that moment.

“No…” he whispered. “She will just hate me more if she will see me.”

 

Yoochun shook his head. Junsu had no idea that Saki had already flew to Japan. The news will surely break his heart more but he had no choice but to say it. He looked at Changmin first before he faced Junsu.

 

“Junsu.” He took a deep breath. “Saki. She left.”

 

Junsu then looked at him, puzzled.

 

“She left for Japan.” He then looked down. He avoided his reaction. Changmin also looked away. It was too much for them to handle.

 

Junsu was shocked for a while. He then stood and went to his car, leaving Changmin and Yoochun.

 

“Hyung, where are you going?” Changmin shouted as Junsu closed his windows. He didn’t let them in. Fear suddenly succumb the both of them. Junsu was drunk and broken and was trying to drive alone on the highway.

 

“Junsu! “ Yoochun also yelled at him. “Listen! Open this car!” he banged at the window but Junsu’s eyes were focused on the road. “Junsu!”  He regretted that they left their car away from them.

 

“Hyung!” Changmin said, his eyes were frightened but Junsu didn’t listen. He stepped on the accelerator and made his car fly away from that place.

 

Yoochun slapped his own forehead in desperation. Changmin dialed Jaejoong’s number to tell them what happened. Junsu was just…shattered.

 

 

 

 

 

Three months passed...

 

An dwae yo nal,no,a beo ri myeon
Him deul eo do yeo gi deo,meo mul lo yo
Jo geum man do,bol,su i da myeon
Nam eun sa rang man keum uso bol,taen dae

 

“Oh?” Minami, the daughter of Saki’s landlord wriggled as she heard the song played on the transistor radio at the window. It was their lunch time and they were sharing a meal of fish and rice. “Timeless…” she murmured in broken English.

Saki suddenly stopped when she heard it. It was a very familiar song…especially the part sang by the male singer.

“What’s wrong?” Minami asked. “You understand the lyrics right? You studied Korean while you were in Korea right?”

Saki looked away, avoiding eye contact but the petite Japanese girl kept on bugging her. Minami was just 12 years old but she looked like 18 because of much exposure from the sun. Her skin was burned and her hands were as hard as rock.

“No.” she mumbled. “I can’t understand it.” And continued to eat her plain meal.

Minami nodded and aggressively bit the head of the fish like a hungry dog. It sure made her satisfy. But Saki was thinking differently. She suddenly missed her brother- Jaejoong. The meal in front of her was far from the succulent dishes he prepared for her. She actually felt that she was his biological sister because of the love he had given her, considering that she was only Rei’s bestfriend. Her eyes suddenly watered but she was afraid that Minami might notice. She doesn’t want to talk about it anymore. But her mind kept on flashing everything… like it just happened yesterday…

 

 

 

 

Timeless, I byeol eun a ni jyo
Han bon eui sarm i ra myeon ji geum oo,rin dae
Hold tight baby
Timeless, ,i ga seum ae mud o yo
Sun gan eui yeol byeong cho rom jam shi man,a peul bbun i ni
We both agree
This is timeless, love

 

 

“Yah… Xiah Junsu and Zhang Li Yin.” Minami giggled. “They sound good together. I wonder if they look good together too.”

That made her stopped from eating. She suddenly lost her appetite with what she said.

Minami didn't know a single thing about her life in Korea, the people she met and the people she loved. “

"What do you think Saki?” she innocently asked her and continued to eat without waiting for her answer.

“Maybe…” she whispered.

 

 

 

'This is Xiah Junsu! DBSK Most Charismatic member…. I maybe busy at this moment so please leave your message after the beep…’

 

“Xiah!” a girl yelled over the line. “Where the hell are you? I’ve been calling you all day so pick up your damn phone and answer me!” she was obviously angry at him but he didn’t care, not a single bit. He hated the girl; he hated her to the point that he regretted meeting her. She caused the pain in his heart.

Junsu angrily cuffed his phone from the holder. The innocent phone went straightly to the floor. He didn’t even want to talk to her or even hear her voice. He was annoyed to the truest essence of the word. He continued to drive the never ending road of Seoul. His destination? Unknown.

 

 

 

*****************************************************

Comments…. Suggestions and violent reactions are accepted….

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK