Beginning of the End

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

Sakura looked at Zhang, she was crying but Saki didn’t felt any sympathy which was surprising. Her eyes were questioning and her stares moved to Junsu, who got the worried and tense expression.

The others stopped from going to the kitchen. They were obviously shocked with what they heard, but they chose to remain silent and waited for the next scene.

 

“Look Saki…” Zhang took her hand and begged. It was one of her tactic to get everyone’s sympathy. “…we are the victims here. That guy…” she pointed to Junsu. “…he played our hearts and screwed us!”

“What!” Junsu protested. He got to defend himself to Saki because the unexpected visitor was pulling him down – big time. “Saki… don't believe her. I don't know what she’s talking about. She’s lying.” He also took her hand.

Saki suddenly felt dizzy and confuse. She didn’t know what and who to believe. Junsu is her guy so believing in him would be so easy but her mind seemed to be disagreeing with her heart. There was a little doubt in it.

“You kissed me.” Zhang told Junsu. “I’m telling the truth.”

“S-su…” Saki who was caught in the middle didn’t know what to do.

Her tears were building up but she forced herself not to cry that moment.

“T-tell me. You kissed her…?”

Junsu was shot frozen; he then regretted not telling her about it. He could save her from that situation. It was his entire fault and Saki was asking for the truth. Even though it’s against his will, he has to tell the truth. He owed Saki a lot. She will be hurt with what he was going to say but he had to do it. It was the risk he didn’t take before and it’s back, giving him no choice.

“Su…” she gathered all her strength. Junsu had always been faithful to her so she was sure that Zhang was lying. She was secretly telling herself that after Junsu denied it, everything will be back to normal as if nothing happens and they will just laugh it all off.

 “It’s not true right…?” she forced a smile, hoping that he will deny it and she will definitely believe him.

But Junsu looked down and avoided her eyes. Her hands started to shake once more, but that time, they were shaking uncontrollably. Her heartbeat was above normal. She hated what Junsu did. It made her feel anxious and scared at the same time.

“Su!” her voice went up. “I’m asking you. She’s lying right?”

But Junsu shook his head and her tears finally fell.

 

Zhang smiled when Junsu finally admitted it. It was a victory for her. She saw Saki’s reaction, she was devastated and heartbroken. Because it was the first time Junsu did that to her. She never considered her as a friend so she felt no sympathy for her. The girl was crying in front of her but she didn’t give a damn. Junsu just broke her heart in front of her family and friends. That wasn’t part of the plan but it made her satisfied. Drama was filling Jaejoong’s house and she was enjoying it. Seeing Saki cry and slowly loosing her trust to her beloved Junsu gave her the confidence. The dolphin-mermaid will be a just a story. Junsu will be hers and she was so certain about it. She slowly smelled the sweet scent of victory.

Zhang wasn’t that mean before but her love and admiration for Junsu made her took her to that level.  It was just too bad for Saki that she unknowingly crossed the path that Zhang was taking. Unlike Yoona, she can’t kill physically, but she will destroy your whole being until nothing is left for you to hang on.

 

 

Rei gave YooMi to Yoochun and went to Saki because she was shaken. Junsu kept her head down, ashamed and guilty with what he did. DBSK looked at their member with anger in their eyes except for Yoochun who knew everything.

“You both have to go.” Jaejoong said to Junsu and Zhang with controlled anger. It was enough for everyone especially for Saki. They could handle much drama anymore.

“Hyung…” Junsu pleaded and was trying to explain.

“Junsu.” He cut him off. “Get the hell out of here.”

“Hyung let me explain.”

“You have nothing to explain to me.” Jaejoong said. “You let that girl humiliate Saki in front of us. What about your promise that you will never hurt her? Where is it…? You can go now.”

Then Junsu went to Saki and begged. He will do everything for her to listen to him and hear his side of the story. He believed that their relationship will not end that way.

“Yobo… Saki…. Please let me explain… I kissed her yes…..”

And Saki closed her eyes tightly when he said those words. It was like a knife was stabbed on her heart. It was painful to hear.

“….But I regretted it right away! She provoked me and I was wrong… I’m sorry. I was weak.” He was also fighting his tears and fears. He was afraid that Saki might break up with him. He will surely be devastated, ten times as he was felling that time.

“Saki please listen to me…”

“Go away.” Saki said before she walked her way to her room and locked herself in.

Everyone felt sorry for her, mad at Junsu and disappointed with Zhang. The girl ruined the happy mood they had before she came. And it will hard to bring it back.

 

“Oppa let’s go.” She pulled Junsu but he pushed her away.

“Don't touch me!” he yelled. “Don't you dare touch me.  Leave before I forget that you’re a girl and break your face.”

She stepped back. With the anger Junsu was showing, he was capable of doing what he said.

 

 

 Saki sat on her bed and cried. Nobody was watching so she cried. She cried to calm herself and to ease the burden. She started to imagine him kissing her friend. Of how he slowly touched her lips and how he responded to her. She closed her eyes tightly because of that thought. She hated it. That was the first time she ever felt that hurt. It never crossed her mind that Junsu could do things that surely break her heart. She then lied down and buried her face in her pillow. Zhang was her friend… at least that what she believed.

 

It was after an hour when Rei knocked on her door.

“Can I go in?” she heard her bestfriend asked.

Saki stood and opened the door for her. She was ready to talk. She stopped crying and her face was dry but her sad expression remained.

“Zhang is not here anymore.” Rei told her.

“Junsu went with her.” It was not a question.

She shook her head.  “He’s still here, but in the garden. Jaejoong Oppa wants him to go home but he insisted on staying.”

“What for?” Saki smirked. It was not surprise that Junsu did that. He was always the stubborn DBSK.

“He wants to talk to you.”

Saki paused because she wasn’t sure if she wants to talk to him too. What Junsu wanted was just the right thing but she was not ready to face him. Because she was sure that everytime she sees him, the kissing scene will only enter her mind even though she didn’t see it with her own eyes. It was so hard for her to think straight.

“Will you talk to him?” Rei then sat beside her on the bed and patted her back.

When they were in Japan, they always support and fight for each other. But Saki was always the stronger one.

“Not now.” Answered Saki.

Rei nodded with understanding. It was her decision so she had to respect it.

“If you need anything, we’re just down stairs. Just call us.” She was about to stand but…

 

“I need you.” she then hugged her like a little child hugging her mom.

Rei smiled and hugged her back.

They both grew up in an orphanage but she was luckier than Saki because Rei still has a family while she had nothing. No mom, no dad. She was put in that orphanage when she was still and infant. And when they met when they were four, they instantly became bestfriend. They have relied on each other all the times and that time was no different.

“I love him Mimi.” She said and buried her face to her bestfriend’s shoulders.

“I know.”

“He hurt me. What am I going to do?” she let her go and looked in her eyes. She was desperate. “He kissed Zhang.”

“Are you willing to trust him again?” Rei asked and Saki fell silent for a while. “You don't have to rush. Think about it. Decide after you hear his explanation.”

“Do you think Jaejoong Oppa will allow me to talk to him?” she then became worried. She saw Jae’s angry expression a while ago.

“Why not?” Rei frowned. “Oppa will never interfere. He will protect you but he will definitely respect your decision. You know Oppa, he’s overprotective.”

“I will hear his side. But I’m not sure if I will listen.” Hearing and listening are two different things for Saki.

“It’s really up to you. Just follow your heart. I’m sure it will show you the right thing.”

Saki took a deep breath.

“Thanks.” She finally smiled.

“Sisters.” Rei smiled back before she left.

 

She fell into a deep thinking when she was alone. She tried to weigh everything. Her heart wanted to talk to him and listen to his explanation but her mind opposed.

She sat on the floor near her bed and stared at the window. Jaejoong was right. Love feels like heaven but it hurts like hell. It was just a kiss but it blew her mind and heart away. What made it worst is that she found it out from Zhang- from her friend.

She sighed.

 It became dark outside and her bedside lamp was the only light she had - The same light that Junsu patiently looked up from the garden. He had been there for a few hours but Saki still doesn’t want to talk to him. He had no choice but to wait. He was the only one to blame. He could’ve fought the temptation no matter how strong it was but he was overcome by his weakness and he felt sorry for it.

He was on the verge of losing his mermaid and he was scared…to hell…

 

**************************************************************************

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions… accepted…. In any form….

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK