three months

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK (EDITING)

 

“Saki!” Rei shouted in her sleep. “Saki!”

“Princess?” Yoochun sleepily whispered and tried to wake her up. “Princess.”

“Saki…?” she cried, shaking her head wildly.

Yoochun got worried and gently slapped her face that was wet with tears.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw her worried husband.

“You’re dreaming.” He said and kissed her forehead.

She sat and hugged her knees. “I want to see her.” She pleaded to her husband.

“We can visit her but after you gave birth.”

He was right. The doctor advised her to be careful because of her delicate pregnancy.

She looked away and stared at the window. It had been three months since Saki left. She all left them hanging on to something.

Jaejoong was often alone in his home so Changmin and Yunho kept on staying with him most of the time.

Kyu Hyun was also devastated like the rest of the Super Junior and SHINee when he heard the news. None of them thought that she couldn’t handle their breakup but they chose to support her decision.

Junsu was the worst. He never once laughed since she left. His dolphin laugh was never heard. Zhang made it legal to always stay beside him as if they’re a couple. The dolphin kept on avoiding her but he finally grew tired so he just allowed her to cling to him. But his heart still belongs to Saki. The truth will never change that even though he was with Zhang, Saki occupied his heart and his mind.

The other DBSK learned to get used to Zhang but not Rei. She can’t stand being in the same room with her. She despised her in every way. Rei believed that Zhang was all to blame with what happened to Junsu and Saki.

The once happy household became sad and gloomy when she left.

 

“Oppa.” Rei visited her brother the next morning. She crashed to his dinning room, where he was having his breakfast.

“Huh?” he said and took a sip from his banana milk.

“Can we visit Saki?” her eyes were hoping but Jaejoong shook his head.

She was disappointed so she looked down. Nobody wanted to visit her bestfriend in Japan and it was making her really mad.

“I can’t believe you can sit here comfortably while Saki is in Japan, all alone.” Her voice rose.

“Huh?” he almost choked.

“Oppa, Saki needs us!”

“You think sitting here is easy? Mimi, I am thinking about her every night! And since she left, I’ve never been calm and comfortable.” He started to get piss.

“Then why don't you go after her?” she insisted.

“Do you think she will like it?”

“Yes. She needs us. I’m her sister and I can feel it!” She stood angrily.

“I’m also his brother for heaven’s sake Mimi.” He also stood up and matched her flaming eyes. “She told us not to follow her.”

“But she could be in trouble. You don't know our place. I’ve been there and it’s not safe!”

“She wants to move on!”

“Three months is enough!” she banged the table.

Jaejoong hissed and threw his body on the chair. It was early in the morning and the siblings were at war.

“Mimi.” He took a deep breath to calm himself down. He didn’t want to get mad at her.

“I know you miss her but please. Give her more time.”

But Rei’s anger was far from subsiding.

“I don't just miss her! I’m worried about her!”

“Alright!” Jaejoong yelled which made her step back. “Alright, I will go to Japan as soon as possible and I promise to get her back.” he said just to shut her up.

 

“Don't make a promise as big as that.” Yoochun appeared from the kitchen. “Not to Mimi.”

“Shut up Yoo-chi.” She said but Yoochun just ignored her.

“Hyung. I don't think this is a good idea.” He told Jae.

“What the…?” She hissed behind them.

Jae nodded in agreement.

“Princess, we will visit her after you gave birth okay?”

She started to cry in disappointment. She couldn’t believe that even her husband was against her.

“Y-you don't understand.” She said in between sobs.

 

 

“Hyung.” Changmin called Junsu. “Let’s go out and eat. I want some ramen.”

The word ramen flashed memories back again. Three months had passed but he was far from moving on. Everyone around him helped him to get on the ground once again but nobody succeeded, including Jaejoong. The wound that Saki left failed to heal.

“Hyung, come on.” He tapped his shoulder but he didn’t move.

“Go on.” He shooed him away.

“Zhang will be here any moment. Let’s go out before she comes.” Changmin looked around as if Zhang was just around the corner.

Changmin also tried his best to keep his hyung away from the “Chinese Witch”. It was the name he gave to her. But he had to give it to her. Her determination to win his hyung was unbelievable. Junsu had dragged her out of their dorm for countless of times but she never quited.

Junsu hissed. The name Zhang didn’t have an effect on him anymore. It was probably because he hates her so much that he learned how to shut his system whenever she’s near.

“Hyung…?” he took a deep breath. “Did you ever came to the point where you just have to stop trying? …To stop holding on?”

Junsu stared at him and listened to every word.

“I don't think Saki will return.” He didn’t want to say those words to him as mush as possible but seeing him suffer just broke his heart.

Junsu just smiled a tragic smile to be exact.

“Hyung, why don't you go out even for just a while? We miss going out with you.” Changmin continued.

It had been a while since Junsu excluded himself from their socializing activities. All of them were busy preparing for their comeback. But after their activities, Junsu preferred staying at home, sitting in front of the TV watching nothing. But unlike everyone else who likes to drink to release their stress or their sadness, he never visited any bar since she left nor tasted anything alcoholic. His reason, Saki hates it.

He always got excited whenever he hears some news from Japan. A simple serving of ramen, sakuramochi and strawberry would mean tears for him. Simple things that they used to share made a strong impact on him. He never once slept peacefully. He always had nightmares. Yunho then decided to move to his room to make sure that he is okay.

Zhang did the same thing. She tried her best to prove her worth to him but she was always unsuccessful. None of them succeeded on bringing back the old Junsu.

Jaejoong was mad at him at first, but after seeing him suffer and punish himself to show how guilty he was, made his heart melt.  They are brothers after all.

 

“Xiah!”

Changmin rolled his eyes when he heard the Chinese Witch’s voice.

“She doesn’t know how to give up!” he said annoyingly.

Junsu went to the kitchen to get some water as if he hadn’t heard anything.

“Xiah!” Zhang sang happily as she waved the grocery bags in front of the two guys.

Changmin irritably looked at her. Junsu showed no sign of interest.

But Zhang didn’t hold back.

“I bought you guys a cake.” She smiled and placed the bags on the counter. “It’s chocolate.”

In normal circumstances, Changmin could’ve jump for joy. But nothing from her brought appeal for him. And same went through with Xiah, who drank his water and went back in front of the TV, waiting for some news from Japan.

Changmin followed behind. He wished that Yunho would come home immediately after his meeting.

Zhang, undisturbed, pulled out the cake from the box and cut it. She then got two saucers from the dish rack and put a slice in each one. She followed them at the living room and handed the cake to Changmin but he just looked at it.

“Have a taste.” She said smiling.

“No thanks.” He scoffed off.  “I might get drunk after eating that.” He said sarcastically and walked his way to his room, leaving Zhang, stunned.

She was obviously saddened and put into shame in front of Junsu with what Changmin did. But instead of sulking, she took a deep breath and faced Junsu with a bigger smile, as if nothing happened.

“Sunbae still hates me.” She chuckled as she kneeled in front of Junsu, referring to Changmin.

“Nobody likes you here.” Junsu said and scanned the channels with his remote control.

“Even you?” she asked.

“You know that answer to that.” He smirked.

She smiled.

“Come on, taste this. It’s from a famous pastry shop.” She put the spoon in front of his mouth but Junsu pushed her hand away, making the cake splatter on the carpeted floor.

“Yah!” she stood and yelled. “I bought that for you!”

“You can go to hell.” He said without moving.

“Xiah!” she stumped her feet crazily and wiped a tear that immediately fell from her eyes.

She suffered lot. But since she chose to win him, she just kept on standing up after every fall. She kept on coming back, proving to herself, to Junsu and to everyone else that she was not a weakling like Saki. Like Saki who chose to run away from everything.

“Why are you doing this to me?” she finally sobbed in front of him.

It wasn't the first time but Junsu just looked at her and smirked derisively.

“You can get me with those tears.”

“Why don't you just love me?”

“Don't wish for the impossible.”

She scoffed.

“You’re still thinking about that huh?” she said mockingly. She was pissed and she will let in out. “That left you! She ran away.”

“She run away because of what did.” His eyes started to flamed.

“What WE did!” she corrected him.

She still has the truth. And that was the only things she was holding on to.

“Xiah, I’m suffering too. But I endure it because I love you!”

“Nobody told you to love me!” he roared. "If I had the choice, I won’t even want to be in a same place with you. I hate you. And Saki left because of you.”

“Saki is not here anymore!” she bellowed back, with tears streaming down her face.

“She will return.” The determination finally came back.

“Why don't you just choose me!” she held his shoulders and shook them crazily. “Why don't you just forget about her? She doesn’t deserve you!”

He smiled sorrowfully and tried to hold back a tear from falling.

“But I deserve her.”

“Xiah?” she stepped back. “Why do you keep on breaking your heart? You have a choice!”

“Nobody dies from a broken heart.” He sighed. “I just wish I did. So, I don't care if my heart is being broken everyday with simple things that reminds me of her. I don't care anymore, because my heart is useless with out her.” He said and pointed at his heart.

“You are weak!” she whispered in pain from her own broken heart.

“Everyone has a weakness. Saki just happens to be mine.”

She cried hurtfully once again. His words felt like knife slowly cutting her open. He never once gave her something that could pass as a happy memory. Everyday, he made it a point that it will be a living hell for her. She tried her best and she was far from giving up. Junsu belongs to her… and she will do anything to win him by hook or by crook.

 

 

************************************

Sorry If I didn’t post yesterday…. Problems with my connection…

 

aejae22

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK