The Art

Pieces of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

inspired by TOP's instagram post :) Pic at the end of the story :D

 

“Are you sure you can do this?”

“Why can’t I?”

“You mixed too much milk in that chocolate, Hyunnie.”

“But it must melt when he eats the chocolate, Noona!”

“But I use a not fat milk!”

“The best part in chocolate is THE fat. Now just listen to Noona and make the chocolate with right composition!”

***

 

Seunghyun smiled as he replayed his conversation with his Noona when he made chocolate for his valentine who was standing beside him, looking far away to the night view of Seoul from his quiet villa in Hannam-dong. They just finished their early valentine dinner together and it was quite a warmer night. Seunghyun had given the chocolate to Daesung and of course, he got a very hot chocolate kiss from the younger.

On each of their hands were a glass of ’89 Chateau Haut Brion, just like the younger man’s year of birth, and it was enough to warm their cold body. Seunghyun didn’t looked at the twinkling colorful lights, instead he looked at their vague reflection on the glass door.

The reflection of Kang Daesung.

There are a lot of paintings, chandeliers, tables, vases –all kind of arts he is fond of that made him happy inside. Art brings him to a quiet place where he can found his zen, where he can breathe between his crazy schedules.

To the place where he could be a mere Choi Seunghyun, the human.

 

As Daesung said, art made him a calmer person without emotions like a roller coaster, having ups and downs and turns in unexpected way. Oh how Seunghyun enjoyed to spend all his money to satisfy his need of art. It’s addicting in some kind of weird way and Seunghyun never thought about stopping to buy them. With all artists he idolized agreed to do collaboration with him, it seemed Seunghyun’s addiction would never meet its end.

Seunghyun shifted his gaze to the paintings which served as their background, still on the glass. It is colorful, mesmerizing, and Seunghyun could stare at his babies for hours. He wanted his babies to have the best care in the world, and as his babies, he never wanted it to leave Seunghyun’s sight. That was why Daesung would call it a museum comparable with Louvre in Paris.

But there is one art he wasn’t able to compare with. The one he couldn’t put a price on.

 

“You’ve been staring at me for so long, Hyunnie sweetie,” Daesung paused between his sips of wine, taking a very small bite of the chocolate made by Seunghyun and smiled. “I think there is a hole in my head, no?” Daesung’s fingers ran between his ash colored hair smoothly that Seunghyun’s heart skipped a beat. “What were you thinking about?” he threw a question Seunghyun had heard for the umpteenth time.

Seunghyun kept his lips shut tight, but it formed a smile so tender while he shook his head. A small sigh escaped from Daesung’s mouth. The shorter male’s hands grabbed the holder of door and opened it. Seunghyun was about to stop him as he was afraid they would catch a cold but the younger male had stepped outside.

The metal rail was cold that Daesung stopped before he reached it. He shivered a bit, but it was bearable. He looked at Seunghyun briefly before he threw his gaze to the lights again. “Were you thinking about me? Us?”

“No,” Seunghyun chuckled a little. “I was thinking about my babies there,” Seunghyun pointed the paintings with his chin. “Why would I think about you?”

Daesung turned his head and locked his gaze at Seunghyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter