(Kind Of) An Ice Cream Date

Pieces of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

because ice cream date is not solely Nyongtory's. I bet this old couple had done it too.

 

June, 2012. Somewhere in Osaka.

 

It was quite a hot day in the beginning of summer, but because the sun wasn’t exactly on its peak, there weren’t many people at the ice cream parlor. I just sat behind the big ice cream refrigerator, waiting for customers to come while looking outside the window. Then the bell rang as two customers came into our shop.

Both of them wearing sunglasses and jackets, covering their head while rushing into the shop. They slightly ran and almost hit a flower vase for display. What the hell? I was slightly confused, but still greeted them in Japanese.

“Welcome to the shop!”

They slightly bowed to me and then the taller one hit the shoulder of the shorter one, made him hit back the man. I didn’t really heard the first words, but then when I realized they talked in Korean. I smiled.

“I told you it’s not a good idea to sneak out from the hotel! What if they caught us?” the shorter one asked while turning his head around to look at their surroundings.

“We won’t be caught! I told you!” The taller ignored the shorter and made his way to see the ice cream on display. Even though he had covered almost all his face with his sunglasses, I could see he was grinning ear to ear, showing his dimples. I laughed in my head –he was really like a child that I met every day, easily excited over the many flavors of ice cream that were displayed, not to mention the various color they had.

“Hyung, have you decided?” the shorter man took off the hoodie while looking back and forth to the excited man and the door, as if they would be caught if he didn’t look at the door. He had blonde hair and it amazed me. Quite a color for summer, though. Well, their outfits also don’t match the weather. I shook my head.

“Nooo!” the man put his two fore fingers at the display and trailed the cold glass to read the flavor. “They have all my favorites in here!”

“Gosh!” the blonde rolled his eyes, “Your favorite is vanilla! Just buy that one!”

“But they have my second favorite, third favorite, forth favorite…” the taller man whined. “What should I do?”

The blonde couldn’t take it anymore and stood beside the taller man who put all his palm on the glass. He also took a look at the ice cream in the display.

I bit my lower lips upon seeing the fingers trace, “Sorry, Sir. Would you please to not put your hands on the glass?” I said in Japanese.

“What did he say?” the child-like grown up man turned his back to the blonde.

“He said not to take your time to choose your ice cream!” the blonde hissed and I chuckled at the lie.

“Haish!” the taller man smacked the blonde’s and I was surprised at the act. “I hear ‘glass’, you little liar!”

“Then learn Japanese!” the blonde raised his voice then sent an apologetic look at me. “Sorry,” he said in Japanese.

“Daesung-ah, coffee? Mango? Mojito? Oh my God, they have beer flavored ice cream!!” The taller produced a high pitched sound despite the deep color voice he had and it sounded funny on my ears. He hit the shorter man in excitement and the shorter just tugged his jacket, a silent plea for him to be quiet.

“Pick two!” the blonde commanded.

“Three!”

“Two!”

“Three~~” the taller puckered his lips and shook his head, revealing some of his, blue hair?

“Two for me, two for you, Hyung! AAAISHHH! Hurry upppp!!”

“Have you chosen a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter