One Call Away

Pieces of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll be leaving you a lot, Hyung,” Daesung pushed the portable table away from the bed. A lump started growing in his throat and he grabbed the side of the table tightly. It was always hard to separate from each other, but it was especially hard when the older man was trapped in a room, in a not so good condition. He eyed the older man between his long bangs, but he was paying attention to his phone. Daesung went back to sit beside the bed.

“Like I don’t before,” Seunghyun chuckled, finally opening his mouth after putting his phone on his lap. His body shifted to a more comfortable position. Daesung put a big pillow behind Seunghyun so he could rest his back. He stared at Daesung’s face before lifting his right hand to cup Daesung’s cheek. “I left you a lot more than you leave me, you know. Or if I could say, I leave BIGBANG more, with all my dramas and movies.”

Daesung stayed quiet. He let himself sunk in the older man’s warmth which radiated from his palm. It was always like that; he melted in Seunghyun’s orbs without knowing what to say.

“We’ve been through a lot,” Seunghyun added. “This is nothing.”

For the umpteenth time, Daesung was reminded again that Seunghyun still had his strong side when it came to ease Daesung’s heart. The younger man always thought that the one who had to protect the fragile Seunghyun from the cruel world is him. The late night calls, the time spent to cuddle Seunghyun, to hear his stories, to comply with his childish side and Dad’s jokes; it was like Seunghyun was the one who depended on Daesung.

No. It was always Daesung who depended on Seunghyun.

His day began with Seunghyun and ended with Seunghyun—mostly Seunghyun’s texts or calls when they were away from each other. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter