Both of You

Pieces of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by Choi Seunghyun's rambling at his instagram account about he's running out of storage for his 'babies'

 

It’s time of the year again Seunghyun would receive lots of furniture from his colleagues; for his birthday presents. It’s a usual thing for Daesung to see the taller man became busy taking care his furniture: lamps, chairs, tables, paintings, sculptures, and so on. He usually gives the task to the person he trust; to arrange the time to unload the packages and to arrange it on the storage before Seunghyun chooses the one he likes better to be shown at his private art gallery, or put it on display at his villa and house.

Today, it’s only five Celsius degree. ‘Only’ because soon it will be colder than this. Seunghyun had to go to inspect the unloading process because his storage was nearing full. Blame the tours, because he bought so many things from some artist whenever he landed. He could be so crazy that Daesung wanted him to go to see doctor to check if there’s something wrong in the rapper’s head. Seunghyun had to drag Daesung to the storage site. Seunghyun bribed the younger, saying that they would have fancy dinner, but seeing Seunghyun was busy with the furniture, Daesung doubted that they would have dinner Seunghyun had promised.

When they arrived at the site, Daesung was about to walk towards the chair Seunghyun had put before to enjoy his ‘babies’ before Seunghyun held his hand and giving him last hug. Last hug before he would pay his full attention to his ‘babies’ and forgetting Daesung for a while. Seunghyun kissed his cheek and said that it wouldn’t take a long time to unload. Daesung caressed the black chair he sat on; it doesn’t have arms, it has curves and two people could sit there, it isn’t made from plastic –Daesung doesn’t know what material it is- but it’s sturdy. Daesung’s bottom was fit there, it’s comfortable despite its unique appearance. Ergonomic design, Seunghyun said one time.

It’s been two hours and Daesung was out of things he could do to entertain himself: gaming, read all the magazine, old newspaper; he even read all the advertisement. But it seemed that Seunghyun was far from finishing the load. He couldn’t stand anymore and then walked towards Seunghyun.

“Honey, how much longer do I have to wait there?”

“I don’t know. It’s more than I think. There is still one delivery left at four o’clock. I don’t know that they divided the delivery to two parts. I am so sorry Dae-baby. Would you please wait longer?”

“I don’t want to. I am tired,” Daesung sighed. “Seunghyun, it’s me or your furniture? If you love me then go home with me, but if you choose your furniture, then stay here,”

“Noo, honey, Dae-baby, my Angel. Don’t make me choose because I can’t,” Seunghyun held Daesung’s hand just to be brushed off by the younger. Daesung walked back to the chair and leaned his back. He stared at the storage’s ceiling.

Daesung well aware about the silly question. Of course his Seunghyun couldn’t answer that. Daesung and his chairs, his tables, his whatever it is, were his precious. But to be left alone because of the chairs? Daesung didn’t know why but this time he couldn’t hold his jealousy and anger well. God, me? Jealous of furnitures? He frowned. The busy Seunghyun looked at him from his shoulder. The younger folded his hands. It’s a sign that he’s angry with him.

Seeing the younger’s attitude, Seunghyun then asked the worker to go out from the storage after they finished to unload all the packages. He looked for Daesung who still sat at the corner of the storage and walked toward him. Seunghyun posi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter