Nervous

Pieces of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-12

 

: because meeting the father of your lover seems so scary at first.

Seunghyun’s surrounding was not that loud actually, compared to when the five boys having dinner together. Seunghyun counted the people in his head, it was the same: five people gather in one table, but the ambience was different.

 

Usually, it was maknae who spoke the loudest, not to mention the loud laughing sound he produced. Seunghyun shook his head, correcting himself. Two youngest members are the loudest when it came to laughing and Seunghyun started to think that the older you get, the lower sound of laughter you will produce because it takes energy. Seunghyun heard laughter from the youngest on the table –Daesung- and wanted to laugh with him. However, he could only force to lift up one of the corners of his lips and Seunghyun was aware it would look like a smirk.

Since the first he met Daesung, he only had chances to have dinner with Daesung’s mother and at that time the mother of other members came along. It’s like Mother and Son’s day for them and Seunghyun was confident he got Daesung’s mother’s favor. For Daesung’s Noona, Bora, when she had her holiday, the three of them would go somewhere to eat and Seunghyun had no hard time to mingle with Daesung’s Noona since Seunghyun had one too.

But then, the problem was the oldest man who sat exactly at his front.

 

He wiped his wet hands on his trousers and cursed himself mentally. It was unusual for him to get nervous in front of people. He took a deep breath before taking fork and knife to slice his steak. Despite his effort to calm himself down, his hands still trembling, causing his grip to loosen and the fork falling under the table.

A loud clank was heard and suddenly the attention went to him. He could only bent forward to take the fork, but Daesung was faster.

“Let me take another fork for you, Hyung,” Daesung prevented him to take the fork and he went straight to the kitchen. He purposely took his time to sit straight, afraid to face Daesung’s family alone. He took a deep breath again, lost count on how many deep breath he had taken in the last one hour alone.

 

“So Seunghyun-ah, how is your movie going?” Daesung’s mother pulled Seunghyun back to the reality. Her hands were busy slicing the steak, but sometimes she looked at Seunghyun, waiting for his answer.

“Ah, it will be released some time in December, Eomeoni. Well, in China. I haven’t known anything about the release date in here,” Seunghyun said. His mouth became dry quickly although he only opened his mouth just to speak with Daesung’s mother. Seunghyun took a glance at Daesung’s father and he found out that the man stopped when he heard ‘Eomeoni’ slipped out from Seunghyun’s mouth. The actor couldn’t help but to swallow his own saliva.

“You should take us to watch your movie, Seunghyun-ah,” Daesung’s Noona pitched in. “We really love to watch movie! Right, Appa?”

The oldest man gulped down the meat then said, “I don’t like to watch action movie.”

“Eii… You lied Appa,” Daesung said from behind. He gave Seunghyun the clean fork and back to take his seat. Daesung’s mother smiled at his husban

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter