Chapter 40: Training

I Fall In Love With A Tomboy???

Jong Hyun’s POV

“Jong Hyun! We have some awesome news!!!” Minho yelled his lungs out as soon as he got his up into my house along with the other three boys too for sure.

“Yah! How many times already I’ve told you guys! Stop barging into my house like it’s yours!” I yelled in frustrations as I paused from slurping my ramen.

“Sorry dude! This guy just got overexcited.” Onew-hyung said as he plopped next to me on the dining table.

“Excited over what?” I asked him back as I looked at Minho who was sitting across of me on the dining table.

“Basketball Championship!!!” Minho chirped happily as I looked at Key and Taemin who eyed my ramen like hungry hyenas.

“What basketball championship?” I asked monotonously as I took a slurp of my ramen, totally ignoring those two hungry hyenas.

“The same championship that was held our school every year. But! This year,the rules state that girls can join too!!!” Minho said with full excitement as I looked at him with an unreadable expression.

“Err...so?” I asked him as I could smell some fishy smell around my house.

“Let’s join my team!!!” Minho yelled in bliss as I rolled my eyes at him.

“Uh...no thanks.” I said as I continued my eating,totally not interested in his invitation.

“Okay. But these boys are joining too.” Minho said as he high fived Taemin and I rolled my eyes again.

“Not.Interested.” I said as I ignored him.

“Too bad Yoon _____ is the leader of our team,though.”Minho said as he chuckled evilly with Taemin and Onew as well as Key too.

*This guy is so good at pulling my into his team.*

“Urgh FINE! I’m joining!” I growled as I took a sip of my  ramen soup.

“Yeay!!!” Those four childish boys cheered cheerfully as I shook my head silently.

“I’m joining this because of her,okay? Not because of you guys.” I said as I looked at them in the eye.

“It’s okay. As long as we have you, our team will be so strong and unbeatable!” Key said as he stuck his tongue out at me.

“Fine.” I said as I ignored those four immature boys.

Your POV

“Morning everyone!” You said cheerfully as you ran slightly towards the six of your friends on the basketball field few blocks away from your house. The one that you met Minho on the day you sneaked out from your house. :P :P

“Morning coach!” Minho and Taemin said cheerfully at you as they stood up straight like they were in a military or something.

“Right. So thank you so much for joining this team. I really appreciate you guys so much. Thank you again.” You thanked the six people sitting in front of you as you smiled at them.

“No prob! It’s our time to shine and show them what we have!” Onew said as he smiled his famous grin to you.

“So from the last game we played here on the other day, I’ve noticed that all of you are very good at basketball.” You said as you looked at them one by one.

“Except...you.” You said as you pointed your index finger to Key who was sitting there doing nothing but listening to your talking since the beginning.

“Me? Oh right. Sports are not my thing but I know how to play that. Piece of cake.” Key bragged as he smiled evilly to Minho.

“Please,dude.”Minho said as he rolled his eyes at Key.

“Okay you two,stop it. Key,I’m going to see how good you play after this and Minho, I want you to teach them how to pass the ball quickly but tricky. Got it?” You asked Minho as he showed two thumbs up to you.

“Okay. Let’s go guys!” Minho said as he gathered all of them except Key to the other side of the cement field.

“I’m a girl,Minho. Not a guy.” Krystal said as she stood up from the floor.

“I know,I know.” Minho said as he shrugged his shoulders playfully to Krystal.

You looked at them as the walked to the other side of the field. You then looked down to your feet and you realised that there was another person who was still sitting on the cement floor,not moving an inch.

“Jong Hyun? You can go and follow Minho already.” You said to him as he looked at you with an unreadable expression planted on his face.

“I’m doing this just for you,you got me?” Jong Hyun said to you as he stood up and left you standing there like an idiot.

*What was that for?*

You shook all the thoughts about Jong Hyun as you turned your head to Key,your main focus at that moment.

“So Key,I heard you’re good at basketball. Can you show it to me?” You asked him as he looked at you with a startled expression planted on his face.

“Oh...oh right. I’ll show you,hehe.” He said as he smiled nervously to you.

Deep down you know that Key was bluffing earlier on with Minho. He said basketball was a piece of cake for him but by looking at him, you already know that basketball is so not his thing at that moment.

“Relax,Key. Don’t feel pressured with me,okay? Just show me how you bounced that ball while standing here and the you’ll move your feet gradually after that.” You said to him as you chuckled a bit at his worried expression on his face.

“Right! I’ll start now.” He said as he started to bounce the ball up and down the floor repeatedly in front of you. His feet was glued on the cement just like what you’d asked him to do.

“Okay,nice. Bounce it like that. Yup...keep that up.” You said as you looked at him,bouncing the ball at the same pace.

“Now move your left feet to the right side,slowly and you can start walking around me with the ball in your hand.” You stated as Key followed your orders obediently.

“Switch your hands while bouncing the ball.”You continued as Key followed your instructions.

You waited for him to adjust with the ball in his hands as well as walking together with the ball in baby steps since Key was doing it for the first time. After few minutes of bouncing the ball while walking, you smiled happily to yourself at his great improvement but you decided to not to praise him since he might get too ‘happy’ with your praises afterwards,if you know what I mean. :P

“Now you can start running slowly with the ball.” You ordered to him as he nodded his head.

Key ran slightly in front of you as he bounced the ball together with him in his hands.

“And...stop!” You said as Key stopped his movements and hugged the ball in his left arm. Drip of sweats started to tricked down his face as you smiled in satisfaction.

“Nice,Key. Not bad for a beginner.” You said as he smirked to you.

“So what about if we jump from level one, straight to level five?” You said to him as you wiggled your eyebrows cheekily to him.

“Sure,why not?” Key said as he smirked to you again.

“Wanna do slam dunk?” You asked him as he widened his eyes in surprised.

“You’re kidding me? Of course I want to do that!!!” Key shrieked happily as he jumped a bit.

“We’ll skip the throwing the ball in the hoop first. I’ll teach you how to dunk and then we’ll get back to the three points mark.” You said to him as he nodded his head up and down like a kid.

“Okay,coach!” He said as he saluted to you and you smiled to his cheekiness.

“So here’s the easy part of dunk. You just jump.” You said to him as he blinked his eyes couple of times.

“That’s it? You just jump?” He asked you and you nodded your head.

“Yup. Just jump.” You said and Key started to look at you with a ‘are-you-kidding-me?’ expression pasted on his face.

“What? You wanna fly and do slam dunk?” You asked him jokingly as he chuckled.

“Right. I’ll try that.” Key said as he flipped his hair.

“I’ll show one time and you can try it after that. Gimme the ball.” You said as Key threw the ball to you and you accept it in one swift motion.

“So, in a game, you basically have to run and throw this ball around before you get to the hoop. And once you reached the hoop...” You said as you jumped from the cement floor and you shoot the ball into the hoop in one swift motion.

“And there goes you’re three points.” You said as soon as you stepped on the ground back.

“Woah! Are you kidding me? How can you jump like that with that height?!” Key shrieked to you as you widened your eyes.

“Excuse me? Are you calling me short?” You asked him back as you glared at him.

“Err...no...but that one was very hard to do!” Key said as he jumped in annoyance.

“Oh man! Don’t simply judge your body before you do it! Go bring your to the rim and do a slam dunk,now.” You ordered to Key as he mumbled some coherent words as he walked towards the hoop.

“Aish this guy. Never think that our body is way better than our thoughts about them.” You said as you shook your head.

“Alright! Now do some bouncing first and then when you’re ready, jump.” You said as you eyed him carefully.

Key was walking around the hoop and bouncing the ball up and down from his hands as he started to run slowly and he was about to make a jump when you stopped him with your words.

“Oh wait! Don’t hurt yourself!” You yelled as he stopped his feet.

“Yah I was about to do the jump! Shush!!!” Key said as he shushed you and you smiled like a retard to yourself.

“Sorry!” You said as he smiled back to you.

Key started again by slowly running with the ball for few rounds when he was about to do a jump,all eyes were focused on him as well as the rest on Minho’s team and as Key jumped half midair,you looked at him as he threw the ball in the rim and...SCORE!!!

“Wah!!! You’ve just made a slam dunk!!! You did it,Key!!!” You yelled in happiness as Key looked at you with a ‘I-did-it?’ expression on his face as he hugged you happily. Everyone cheered at Key happily,well except for that guy when he saw Key hugged you.

“Yeah I can do a slam dunk!!! Wah!!!” Key shrieked happily as you and him jumped in happiness.

“See? I told you not to doubt what your body can do.” You said as he smiled to you.

“Thanks!” Key said as he hugged you again.

“Yah,yah! Move away from her!” Jong Hyun blurted out of nowhere as he pulled Key’s body away from you.

“Geez dude. It’s just a friendly hug.” Key said as he swatted Jong Hyun’s hands away.

“I don’t care what kind of hug that was.” He said as he threw a cold glare to Key.

“Jelly much?” Key asked Jong Hyun as Jong Hyun pulled you away from Key.

“Yah,yah,yah!” You said as Jong Hyun pulled your wrist away from the rest of the boys.

“We’ll be back in five minutes!” Jong Hyun said to the rest of them as you looked at Key and the rest of them who looked at you being pulled by Jong Hyun with a huge smile planted on their faces.

“Take five everyone!!!” You yelled as Jong Hyun dragged you to a nearby store.

“Seriously? You dragged me all the way to here? Next time just tell me, Jong Hyun. You don’t have to pull me like I’m a little kid.” You said as you opened the door of the convenience store,leaving Jong Hyun behind.

Jong Hyun’s POV

“I was jealous,if you could see that.” I said to myself as I followed her into the store.

“What flavor do you want?”_____ asked me as she opened the ice cream freezer,not looking at me.

“The same as yours.” I said as I stood there not doing anything at all.

“Chocolate? Okay.” She said as she took out all seven chocolate ice creams out from the fridge.

*Aish this girl! Can’t she see that I wanted the same flavor with her,only?!!*

“You want water?” She asked me as she walked towards the other section of the store.

“Yeah.” I said as she opened up the fridge.

“Mineral or juice?” She asked me as I said juice and she took out all seven orange juices from the fridge.

“Oh God.” I mumbled to myself as I swatted her hands away from the bottles.

I took out two orange juices out from the fridge and five mineral water from the fridge and I walked straight to the cashier,ignoring her from behind.

“Hey,we should buy all juice for them.” She said as I ignored her completely.

At The Basketball Field

“Finally,you’re back!”Onew-hyung said as he eyed the ice creams in my hands.

“Let’s eat!” _____ said as all of us gathered on the floor.

“I want juice!” Taemin said as he took the orange juice from _____’s hand.

“Yah that’s mine!” I said as Taemin looked at me with his puppy eyes.

“You can have mine.” _____ said as she gave her bottle juice to me.

*She offered her juice to me???!!!*

“No you can have it. I’ll take the mineral water.” I said as I pushed the bottle back to her.

“_____, can I have the juice?” Onew-hyung asked her as I quickly grabbed the juice from her hands before she gave it to Onew-hyung.

“I’ll have it.” I said as I opened the cap and drank it.

“Yah! Didn't you say that you wanted the mineral water?” Onew-hyung asked me in frustration as I stuck my tongue out to him.

“I’ll buy you juice next time.” _____ said as she smiled to Onew-hyung while she glared to me after that.

“What?” I asked her.

“I told you to buy all seven juices earlier.” She hissed to me as I rolled my eyes to her.

“I bought two just for you and me.” I whispered to her as she growled.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Late update since I watched MuBank Christmas Special and fangirling for the whole time!!! ><

And thanks to the new subscriber!!! Please leave some comments too! :D :D