Chapter 17: Making New Friends

I Fall In Love With A Tomboy???

You POV

You jogged on your way to the new basketball field with a basketball hugged in your left arm. The weather was cloudy and quite cold which was great for your upcoming game because it wasn't too hot.  You reached to your destination and you were quite surprised to see all six of them were there including Krystal, your super excited chingu earlier. 

All six of them turned their heads towards your direction with a smile planted on their faces for sure. Well, except that Jong Hyun guy though. He still had his arrogant face as usual. =,=

Krystal waved towards you and you waved back. 

“Let me see. One, two, three, four, five, and six??” You counted them one by one.

“I invited all of them here just to see your game since the last game was so intense… if you don’t mind. Hehe.” Taemin said while scratching his head.

“Oh it’s alright. I don’t mind at all” You said with a smile.

“So this is Onew-hyung, Key-hyung, Jong Hyun-hyung and You know me and Minho already.” Taemin introduced his friends one by one with a cute smile.

Onew looked at you with his big teeth grin while Key looked at you with a warm smile. Jong Hyun on the other side just had this cold look as always. Probably smiling was never in his dictionary. You smiled at them and waved a ‘hi’ as you introduced yourself to them.

“I’m _____. Yoon _____ and here, that blushing girl over there is my best buddy, Krystal.” You introduced yourself and Krystal to the five boys.

The seven of you chatted for a while before the game started just to get to know each other more except Jong Hyun. He just sat there while staring at nowhere or probably sleeping with his eyes closed. =__=

“I’m quite surprised that you guys are quite friendly though. I mean no offense but at school you guys looked different than right now.” You said while you stretched your arms for warm up.

“We just showed our true self to our friends only.” Onew said with a shrug and you nodded.

“So why don’t we play in teams of three? It will be more fun. The more the merrier!” You said while looking at Minho.

“Okay only for today. We’ll have our game next time.” Minho agreed with you and you high fived him.

Since Key told you that he wasn’t into basketball, he will be the judge and you had nothing to go against it. Krystal and Taemin were in your team while Jong Hyun and Onew were in Minho’s team. The rules were set by you and Minho.

“The first team to score 20 points wins!” You said to Minho eye to eye.

Both of you were face to face with each other just like the real basketball championship when you said the rules. He nodded and Key blew a whistle showing the game has just started.

The game lasted for 1 and a half hour since it was so neck to neck. Minho managed to score the first score for his team which was 3 points and he smirked to you. You stuck your tongue out he laughed. After that, you managed to scored three points too after dodging Minho’s long arms and swift motion. 

Jong Hyun had the ball right after that and Krystal and you were surrounding him in order to get the ball back. With Minho’s help, Jong Hyun passed the ball to Onew and Onew scored three points for their team again.

“6:3!!!” Key yelled from his seat.

“You looked at Minho’s team as they high fived each other. You smiled and as you started to rolled you sleeves up. You eyed the ball with your fiery eyes as you told Krystal and Teamin to go after Onew and Minho. Teamin went to Minho and he blocked him with his tricks and same goes to Krystal.

Krystal may looked fragile but when she played something, she’ll give her all. You smirked as you got nearer to Jong Hyun. Jong Hyun was bouncing the ball up and down the cement floor as he eyed the hoop at the back of you. He noticed that you got nearer to him. He looked for some back up from his team mates but they were blocked by your team mates.

Jong Hyun narrowed his eyes as he looked at you. You tried to block Jong Hyun but Jong Hyun had another motive back then. He turned around quickly and he ran towards the goal post. You widened your eyes as you felt so dumb for trusting his moves earlier. You quickly ran towards him and you tackle him with your secret move.

In a matter of seconds, Jong Hyun had lost his grip from the ball and you quickly took the ball and ran towards the other side to your goal post. Jong Hyun quickly ran to you and he was too late because you quickly did a slam dunk  as you threw the ball into the hoop and you won 5 points for that!

“6:8!!!” Key yelled and you high fived your team mates.

The game continued again for an hour and a half as it gets so intense.

“17:17!!!” Key yelled while jumping up and down. He looked so excited after watching the game.

“Hey _____! Time to get serious!” Minho said to you.

“Yup!” You said with a smile planted on your face.

Minho’s POV

*So cute.*

“Wait what?!” I said to myself.

I gathered with my team mates and we did our last cheer to wrap up this game.

“One, two, three, FIGHTING!!!” The three of us yelled happily.

Your POV

The last minute of the game was so intense that you didn’t even realise how sweaty you were. You wiped your sweat with your T-shirt and Key blew his whistle. 

Minho had the ball in his hands as he tried to dodge Taemin’s attacks. Krystal were right next to Onew trying to blocked him away from helping Minho. Jong hyun on the other side was right next to you trying to block you.

Taemin managed to get the ball from Minho and he quickly passed it you. Jong Hyun saw that and he quickly pushed you to his back. As a result, you missed the ball and Jong Hyun  took the ball as ran to his goal post. He threw the ball into the hoop and everyone looked at Key with different expectation.

“Jong Hyun that was 2 points. You touched the 3 points mark.” Key said and Minho’s team sighed loudly.

“19:17!!!” Key continued his yelling.

You felt relieved for Jong Hyun’s mistake and you quickly eyed the ball fiercely again. Jong Hyun was standing at the back of you. You turned your head to look at him.

“Hey Jong Hyun! Nice tricks earlier.” You said to him with a smile.

Jong Hyun quickly looked away from you probably annoyed by your words.

Jong Hyun’s POV 

“She thinks she’s the only one who’s good at basketball?” Jong Hyun hissed to no one in particular.

But truthfully, deep down inside his heart, he actually loved your compliments and he just wanted to smile back to you but he just couldn’t do that.

He wasn’t ready to do that just yet.

Your POV

Minho quickly passed the ball to Onew as Taemin and Krystal quickly blocked Onew from running anywhere nearer to the goal post. Onew passed the ball to Minho and Minho did a re bounce as he passed the ball to Jong Hyun right after that.

You looked at Jong Hyun as he ran to your goal post. You quickly ran towards him when he was about to throw the ball into the hoop. You slapped the ball to the other side and the ball fell down on the floor. Krystal quickly took the ball and passed it to Taemin. Jong Hyun and Minho raced towards Taemin’s direction.

Taemin did a few tricks before he threw the ball to you. You quickly grabbed it and you ran towards your enemy’s goal post as Jong Hyun was only few centimeters away from you. You looked at him before you jumped high up in the air.

All eyes were fixed on you when you jumped as if the time has just stopped. You jumped and you managed to do a slam dunk! The ball fell down the hoop as Taemin and Krystal cheered happily and the both of them hugged you tightly.

“Final Score! 19:22!!!” Key screamed as he went to you and high fived each of your team mates.

“Wow that was more than we bet wasn’t it?” Minho said as he smiled towards you.

“That was close man! You were awesome too.” You giggled while brushing your hair off of your forehead.

“Nice game guys!” You said as you high fived each of them.

When you went to Jong hyun for a high five, he looked at you awkwardly but you were just trying to be friendly so you grabbed his right hand and you slapped it with all your might. 

“Nice game Jong Hyun.” You said to him as he looked at you with no expression at all.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeay more update!!!