Chapter 9

Memories of Yesteryear

"I.. get that a lot. Thanks" 

Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled but then it faded and was replaced with a frown when students tried to squeeze in to get a better view of the performance. 

Baekhyun groaned when students push him. Taeyeon on the other hand stopped walking backwards when she felt her back hit a tree. She saw him try to flee from the sea of students but failed when he got squeezed in more. 

Taeyeon saw annoyance in Baekhyun's eyes and seeing that it won't end sooner, she grabbed the collar of Baekhyun's uniform bringing him closer to her.

They just stayed there with their faces inches away from each other. She felt sorry to him though, seeing how much he tried to squeeze back from the uncontrollably wild students.

"Don't make a scene please.." Taeyeon said when Baekhyun glared at a student who squeezed on his back. He just gave Taeyeon a worried look before putting his hand against the tree.

It's not himself he's thinking about. It's Taeyeon, he's worried that she might get hurt because of the small space they have. 

"I won't.." Baekhyun said as he pushed his hand hardly against the tree creating a small space between him and Taeyeon. 

"Thank you.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gave her a reassuring smile. They stayed in that position for a few minutes before the students left the venue. 

"Those students.." Baekhyun growled underneath his breath. But he's thankful though, that he got to get closer to Taeyeon. 

"It's always like that during the festivals.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun just sighed. Now his hand hurt because of all the pushing he have to do. 

"I never thought they would be that wild.." Baekhyun said while brushing his uniform and Taeyeon chuckled seeing an annoyed look on his face. 

She find it amusing though. 

Baekhyun on the other hand can't look straight into her eyes. Blame his heart again that it beated so fast when Taeyeon grabbed his collar and pulled him closer to her, he never thought she would  do such thing. 

But she already did right?

Now he's going to worship his collar because Taeyeon held it. Call him crazy but that's the best moment of his life.. so far.

"Baekhyun.. are you alright?" He heard Taeyeon said and he looked up before nodding. "Uh.. yeah. I am" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded.

They roamed around the school a bit more and Taeyeon explained him things. He's happy and her voice was like music to his ears. 

It's beautiful. 

"Taeyeon.. Can I ask you something?" Baekhyun asked with a nervous voice. He doesn't want to ask that question but something was prodding him to ask her. 

"Sure. What is it?" Taeyeon asked innocently making Baekhyun be more nervous  about asking her such question. 

"You and Kyungsoo.. are you an item?" Baekhyun asked cautiously afraid that it might tick Taeyeon off and be somewhat awkward around him. 

"No.. he's just trying to court me" Taeyeon said nonchalantly and Baekhyun sighed in relief. At least it was not a big deal to her right? 

"Are you giving him a chance?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. 

"Uhh.. No.." Taeyeon answered honestly making Baekhyun more curious that how he is already. But he should be right?

He likes her too. 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked trying to seek if he can stand a chance. 

"Because I don't believe in love.."

______________________________________________________________

A/N: sorry for not updating.. 

Something came up T.T