Chapter 72

Memories of Yesteryear

"Just let me know if you need anything" Baekhyun said as he let go of his girlfriend's hand. Meanwhile, Taeyeon smiled as she gave him a nod.

"Alright.. I'll let you know" Taeyeon said as she entered her room and Baekhyun smiled in sarisfaction before leaving her alone and checking on his dad.

Roaming around the house Baekhyun found his dad standing at the back lawn with a lady in front of her, the figure looks so familiar to him that it made him stomp his way to them with anger building up inside him.

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked causing the person to turn to him. "I-I'm visiting you" his mother said and Baekhyun snorted trying to shown is mom how he despises her. He hates her, he hates her knowing that the woman she admired and respected cheated on his dad whom he thought was he bad guy, the pain inside him was unbearable and all that's on his mind is to make her celery the same way too or if it's possible more than the pain he is experiencing now.

"We are better off without you so you can leave us. You don't need to act like you care" Baekhyun said and his mom opened her mom to explain but no words were coming out, she wanted him to forgive her but it seems like he can't and he won't.

"I'm just--"

"Stop"

It wasn't Baekhyun anymore but it was his dad, with the same intense gaze like his son, Baekhyun's father shook his head as a hint of sadness and pain can be seen through his eyes. Baekyun just stood there watching the next move his dad's going to make.

"Baekhyun's right you should leave. We are better off without you and please don't come back again don't act like you care too because for a I remember all you did was give me pain, you married me because of you parent's wishes right? But despite of us being married and having a son you still went out and meet that guy behind my back saying that if I really love you then I will let you do whatever your want but I never thought that I will hurt my I son just because I don't have anything to vent out my anger with but now I'm telling you that it's my son that matters now. Not you or anybody else. Now please leave"

And that was the last string, baekhyun'a mother knew that she can't do anything to change their minds so she turned her back and walked away.ً                   

 
The night had passed and everything seemed to be peaceful again. Silence filled everything in the night and as the morning came the day started just like any typical days before but unlike this time, Taeyeon seemed to be happier than ever, walking around her room fitting different kinds of dresses while humming songs in a lively tone. 
 
"Hey, are you done?" Baekhyun's voice echoed through the hallway and Taeyeon stopped what she's doing before letting out a chuckle.
 
"A few more minutes!" Taeyeon answered as she finally found the dress she loves to wear. Smiling happily, Taeyeon felt suddenly giddy knowing that she'll spend time with Baekhyun again.
 
"Alright" She heard him say and not wanting to make him wait for her further, Taeyeon reached out to her pair of flats just beside her bed but before she can even land her feet on the floor, she suddenly lost balance and fell hardly.
 
"Ahh!" Taeyeon shouted as she felt the stinging pain on her knees. Lifting it up, Taeyeon saw that it was already bleeding.
 
"Taeyeon are you alright?!" Baekhyun's voice rang through her room as he barged in the door not caring if he breaks it or not, fear can be seen through his eyes as he crouched down beside her.
 
"Don't worry.. I'm fine" Taeyeon weakly said wanting to reassure him but Baekhyun felt like dying out fear right now, it happened before and it happened again, he doesn't know what to do anymore emotions clouded up his mind but neither of them was a positive one.
 
"Dad! Help me Taeyeon fell!" Baekhyun shouted and soon rapid footsteps can be heard.
 
"What happened to her?" Baekhyun's father asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath before carrying Taeyeon in a bridal style.
 
"She fell, she fell.. Dad let's bring her to the hospital" Baekhyun said abruptly and his dad nodded as they ran downstairs with Taeyeon in Baekhyun's arms. Opening the car door for Taeyeon, Baekhyun fished his phone out of his pocket as soon as he managed to settle Taeyeon down inside the car.
 
Dialing Boa's number, Baekhyun kept fiddling right in the spot where he is standing as his dad tries to start the car.
 
"Hello Baekhyun? Why did you call?" Boa asked. 
 
"Taeyeon fell.. She bled" Baekhyun worriedly said. "Alright, take her to the nearest hospital there and tell me the name. I'll see you" Boa said and this time she's in the state of panick too.
 
"Alright I will" Baekhyun hastily said as he hang up and went inside the car.
 
"Just bear with the pain Taeyeon.. Everything will be alright" Baekhyun said as he saw Taeyeon's pained expression.
 
Arriving at the hospital, Baekhyun immediately messaged Boa the hospital's name and after an hour or so, Boa arrived and helped Taeyeon be assisted.
 
Anxiously waiting out the emergency room, Baekhyun doesn't know what to do especially when Boa asked him to just stay outside and wait for Taeyeon, he suddenly felt useless and this made his feel more burdened inside.
 
"Baekhyun.. Taeyeon was transferred already to a normal ward, let's go" Boa said and Baekhyun glanced at his dad who is waiting with him too, giving him a reassuring nod Baekhyun forced a smile as he followed Boa.
 
Arriving inside the room, Baekhyun saw Taeyeon sitting on the hospital bed wide awake, running to her Baekhyun gave his girlfriend a tight hug.
 
"Hey.. It's fine. I'm fine" Taeyeon said as she gently rubbed his back de knew what was happening to him and she felt bad about it, upon hearing this, Baekhyun nodded even when everything is still a blur to him.
 
"Taeyeon.." Boa's voice made the couple turn their heads to her. "Unnie.. What happened?" Taeyeon asked not really catching anything that had happened to her. Is it because of her sickness? Or did she just slip out of carelessness?
 
With a heavy feeling, Boa sighed before unwillingly giving her a brown envelope.
 
"Those are your test results.. It shows that your brain nerves are getting weaker and weaker and now it already happened. You fell because you lost your balance and I'm afraid that you won't be able to get it back anymore" Boa said and silence immediately filled the whole room.
 
Taeyeon felt like a big rock was thrown into her and as for Baekhyun he felt like he was 
pushed on a cliff. The couple both had scared faces and neither of them initiated to talk right after hearing the news.
 
"Taeyeon as much as I want to help you get out of here the doctors said you need to stay here" Boa stated again and Taeyeon lifted her gaze up meeting Boa's.
 
"Is there any other way?" Taeyeon asked with a weak voice.
 
She can't.
 
She can't handle this anymore.
 
"I'm afraid you don't..."
 
_________________________________________
A/N: sorry for this late update guys.. 
 
I'm at the hospital so yeah.. But here's an update! I hope you'll like and thanks for waiting guys..
 
Thanks for the patience