Chapter 59

Memories of Yesteryear

"So what do you think we should do tomorrow? Should we just stay here the whole day or you have any plans?" Taeyeon asked as soon as she slumped her back on the couch. Baekhyun on the other hand walked to the fridge and got a carton of milk, upon hearing what his girlfriend said Baekhyun chuckled thinking how she plans everything that they should do while staying there.

"I don't know.. Everything's fine with me as long as I got you"  Baekhyun said before taking a seat beside Taeyeon and the latter chuckled with his sweet words. He never really failed to give her shivers, now she thought, how come she never believed in love when it's the best thing that had happened to her?

She's blessed, knowing the fact that she got the nicest guy in thw world.

"So you wanna stay here?" Taeyeon asked taking a glance at him sidewards and Baekhyun chuckled before putting the carton of milk on the small table and leaning his head on her shoulder before letting out a sigh. Taeyeon on the other hand just watched him with a smile on her face. She felt happy that she got him by her side, he's her strength.

He's her everything.

"As long as I got you.." Baekhyun indirectly answered and Taeyeon chuckled seeing how he answered to her nonchalantly. "Then what if I go out and you stay here?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun immediately opened his closed eyes and removed his head from her shoulder before giving her a disbelief look.

"So you're saying that you're going to leave your awesome boyfriend here?!" Baekhyun asked causing Taeyeon to errupt with laughter. Seeing him had an ridiculous face on makes her amused, finding it hard to talk, Taeyeon just nodded while catching her breath preventing herself from laughing anymore.

"Who says you're awesome?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun huffed before crossing his arms making Taeyeon giggle. "Me" Baekhyun answered shortly with still the frown never leaving his face, upon seeing this, Taeyeon leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek making Baekhyun smile from ear to ear.

"Alright.. You are" Taeyeon said while smiling and Baekhyun gave her a nod. "So you're not going to leave me?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head assuring him that she would never leave him. But soon, with just a little snap, Baekhyun's expression changed quickly as the thought of Taeyeon leaving him entered his mind.

She already told him that she'll never leave.

They can make it through right?

Right

"You promise me.." Baekhyun said with the tone of his voice a little different this time. Taeyeon saw this but she just let it go, knowing the reason behind it. She would be lying if she says that she doesn't care about herself anymore because she's scared.

She's scared of what the risk may be of having this disease but as long as she got Baekhyun.

She doesn't care on what the risk will be.

She's going to take it.

With him.

"I promise.. you.. no matter what" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled a little hearing that promise made by his girlfriend. Nothing can break them, he thought. Not even this sickness Taeyeon is having now.

"Taeyeon.. Can I ask you something?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon sighed before giving him a nod preparing herself on what the question Baekhyun's going to ask. "Can we.. go back to Boa unnie to have you checked?" Baekhyun cautiously asked.

He knows that it's the most sensitive topic for Taeyeon but it's her safety they're talking about now and he's not going to risk it.

Not even a single thing.

This question made Taeyeon think, should she? She knows that Baekhyun is not asking this for himself but for her too, she knows that sooner or later Baekhyun's going to find out about her condition so why not right? Besides, Boa can also help her tell this to the remaining people who doesn't know anything about her situation.

"Taeyeon?"

His soft voice rang through her ears breaking her train of thoughts. Taeyeon looked sideways and she gave him a small smile, returning to Boa wouldn't hurt right? At least she knows that she won't get any bad news anymore since she already know what's going to happen to her in the future.

So why should she be afraid?

She knows that no matter what she do, nothing will ever change.

"Alright, I just don't want you to worry about me anymore. Don't worry, give me a few days and we'll go back to Boa unnie and you can have me checked. But I'n telling you Baek, nothing will ever change here with me. I'm getting useless anyways.." Taeyeon said then she stood up and left him sitting alone there.

What happened to them? They were just happy earlier and now this?

Am I really that pessimistic? Taeyeon thought. Why on the world can she still be so pessimistic when she tried her best to look on the brighter things. She knows that this is causing them no good but she can't just help it. She wanted to just be happy and live free but this pain and fear is keeping her from doing so.

Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun slumped his back on the couch before covering his face with both of his hands. He wanted to shout it all out but he can't, his voice was trapped just like him. It felt like he's imprisoned in a four-sided room without any window nor holes.

It's killing him inside.

Hearing his phone rang, Baekhyun heaved out a heavy sigh upon seeing the caller's name. It was his mom, calling him, not wanting to be rude, he picked the phone up and answered her call. He doesn't really want to talk to her, to them, but he just needs something to divert his attention away from Taeyeon.

"Mom, why did you called me?" Baekhyun asked with a slightly irritated voice but unlike before, sobs greeted him. "Baekhyun-ah.." She said and Baekhyun sighed.

Is this another show? He thought.

"What do you want?" Baekhyun asked halfheartedly and the sobs continued.

"Your dad.. he's at the hospital.. come home now.. please"

His dad.

His dad who treated him badly.

What happened?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!

How was it? Sorry for all those heavy scenes guys, but this is what it is..

So tell me what you think?