Chapter 67

Memories of Yesteryear

"You're.. You're getting blind?" Baekhyun asked in disbelief. Taeyeon just sighed before giving him a nod, she knows it's been a tough day for him but Boa already asked her to do so. She needs to tell him beforehand, he has the right to know.

"I am.. I'm finding it hard to---"

"--Write I know.. I saw you having a hard time handle the pen once" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon can't do anything but to nod and snake her arms around his nape resting her head on his chest. 

Comfort. She needs this.

"I'm sorry.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gently caressed her back. "You don't have to be sorry.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon shook her head. 

"I should be.. for hiding everything.. from you" Taeyeon countered. "That's not a problem .. It's alright. I understand. We're going to get through this together" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon removed his head from his chest and stared straight into his eyes again. 

"It's been a tough day for you.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun lightly hummed before kissing her forehead letting his lips stay there for a while.

"I know.. but I got you. You keep me sane" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled pulling him closer to her. 

"You keep me sane too.." Taeyeon said and they both laughed together. 

"Guess we really need each other.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded.

"I know right.." Taeyeon said finally letting go of him. Baekhyun just stared straight into her eyes and leaned in giving his girlfriend a quick kiss.

"I need that too.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled this time bringing her arms down and wrapping it around his body.

"What are we going to do tomorrow?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun kept silent for a while thinking of what they should do.

"Call Boa noona, then we'll head to the hospital and see how dad's doing. Is that alright?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head. 

"But why should we call Boa unnie?" Taeyeon asked. 

"To know your current condition..  I think I'll go to my old school tomorrow too, find if there is any job available for me" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon gave him a worried look.

"I can look for one too.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. "There's no need.." Baekhyun said but when Taeyeon was about to retort Baekhyun chose to hug her tight not letting her say anything.

"I can.." Taeyeon mumbled and Baekhyun sighed.

"I know.. But I'm not going to let you"

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up as the sunlight hit his face. Looking outside, he thought, that another day is starting yet nothing changes. 

Everything is just still the same.

Getting out of his bed, Baekhyun got up and prepared himself. Passing by at Taeyeon's room, he knocked twice and no one answered so he thought that Taeyeon is awake now and might be out from her room. 

 

Going down the stairs, he saw the front door opened and smiled. Taeyeon's there, he knew it already.

Going out stealthily, he saw her sitting at the front porch, unconciously, a smile crept on his face just by seeing her there. 

"Hey.." Baekhyun called making Taeyeon turn her head and as soon as she saw him standing a few meters away from her, Taeyeon smiled and got up to approach him.

"Goodmorning.." Taeyeon said as she gave him a hug and Baekhyun hugged her back before kissing the top of her head.

"How's your sleep?" Baekhyun asked and  Taeyeon took a deep breath before looking up at him.

"Fine.. thanks for letting me stay here" Taeyeon said before beaming a bright smile making Baekhyun chuckle.

"You don't have to thank me.. by the way, are you hungry? I'm going to cook" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head.

"No and no.. let me cook for you" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed giving up. 

"Alright.. You win"

After taking their breakfast, the couple decided to take some time together at home before going to the hospital and before doing anything else, sitting at the couch while cuddling with each other, Taeyeon took her phone out and dialled a number.

"Hi there Taeyeon.." The voice on the other line said when Taeyeon put the call on a speaker mode.  Baekhyun lifted his head up from his girlfriend's shoulder and gave her a questioning look.

Boa unnie, Taeyeon mouthed and Baekhyun nodded before resuming back to his previous position.

"Do you need something?" Boa asked and Taeyeon sighed before glancing at Baekhyun. "I.. I just need to know when this is going to get worst" Taeyeon abruptly said making Baekhyun lift his head up and gave her a worried look.

"Taeyeon the symptoms are showing. I told you sooner or later it will" Boa said and Taeyeon nodded while looking at Baekhyun who is now looking back at her.

"I.. I just need to prepare myself for it.. by the way, I'll keep you updated unnie. Bye" Taeyeon said before hanging up and Baekhyun sighed before slowly shaking his head.

"Is there something wrong?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "You sounded like the question's not a big deal to you" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon shook her head before smiling

"It's better to be like this than to act so desperate knowing that there's now way out for this right? Let's just.. go easy on this" Taeyeon said before leaning her head on his shoulder and Baekhyun can't do anything but to just give her a nod and entwine their hands together.

Sometimes, he can't understand her point but she's partly right. Right? It's better for her to act like she doesn't care than to act so desperate knowing that there's no solution on this.

"Just.. don't leave me" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled before kissing the top of her head. 

"Never will I do that.."

Later on the afternoon, Taeyeon and Baekhyun decided to drop by at his old college before going back to the hospital to visit his father.

"Baekhyun.. it's been a long time" Baekhyun'z professor said as soon as he saw Baekhyun inside the school grounds.

 

"Nice to see you again sir.." Baekhyun said and his professor nodded. "So, what took you here?" He asked and Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon before clearing his throat.

"I'm looking for a job sir.. and I'm thinking that you could take me here" Baekhyun said and his professor smiled.

"You know.. you're one of my greatest students here and asking me for a job here is not a big deal. But let me ask you a question, are you capable of teaching the new students the  basic here?" His professor asked and Baekhyun smiled. 

 

"I can sir.." He said and his professor nodded.

 

"Then go back next week then start. I'll guide you" He said and Baekhyun nodded.

"Thank you sir... I owe you  a lot" Baekhyun saud and his professor shook his head.

"You just deserve the chance"

After finally setting down everything Baekhyun needs to start the job. He and Taeyeon decides to go straight to the hospital and on his way to his dad's room, a familiar figure greeted him.

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked with abhint of annoyance in his voice as his pace starts to get quicker.

"B-Baekhyun.." The person trailed and Baekhyun stopped infront of her.

"What are you doing here?!" Baekhyun asked with his voice louder this time making the person startled upon his sudden outburst.

"I'm visiting your dad.." She said and Baekhyun faked a laugh.

"We don't need you here. He doesn't need you" Baekhyun said with much anger in his voice making his mom look down.

"But I need to see him" His mom answered back.

"And you don't have the right! You cheated on him, remember?!" Baekhyun asked angrily and this made his mom cry.

"I'm sorry.." She said and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"I don't need it.. WE don't need it" Baekhyun said before leaving his mom alone and entering his dad's hospital room. Taeyeon on the other hand stood there as she waited for Baekhyun to disappear behind the door.

"Goodafternoon sir.." The nurse greeted when she saw Baekhyun enter the room. 

"Goodafternoon.. how's my dad?" Baekhyun asked and the nurse gave him a small smile.

"He's alright sir.. infact, he can be discharged today" The nurse said and Baekhyun sighed in relief.

"That's good then.. I'll follow the payments, you can leave us now" Baekhyun said and the nurse nodded before exiting the room.

"Hey.. dad" Baekhyun said and his dad lifted his head up and smiled. 

"Who are you?" He asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath. 

"I am.. your son" Baekhyun said and he expected his dad to deny it again but it's not the reaction he got. 

"Oh.." His dad said before breaking into a smile.

"You're my son.." 

___________________________________________________________

A/N: My hands are swollen.. T.T 

By the way, I know all of you loves to end this fic with a happy one but I'll follow the plot alright?

But I'm not saying anything if this is going to be a happy or sad one. 

That's all. :D

Til the next update guys! I love you allllll!