Chapter 25

Memories of Yesteryear

"Why aren't you working?!" 

Baekhyun shouted in frustration when his car didn't started up. He's been trying to start the engine for the umpteenth time but it's not working. 

He glanced at his wristwatch and hit the steering wheel frustratedly. If he didn't go any minute by now, he's going to be late and his boss will be disappointed. 

He doesn't want to give his boss a bad impression. Not when he's one of the best workers there along with Kai. Now, he got off his car and headed out of his house. 

He just sighed in annoyance. He doesn't really like buses, he doesn't like public places, he likes to be alone but it looks like this day would be different for him. 

Baekhyun dragged himself to the bus stop and unfortunately, there are a lot of people riding that time. Mostly workers like him and the students who have an early class. 

What would he say? He doesn't live in the province anymore, he moved to Seoul when he got his work. He did that sighed he can live far away from his father, from his family that once hurted him. 

Baekhyun climbed up the crowded bus and squeezed in. He held one of the bar handles and the bus started moving, Baekhyun looked outside of the window as his body continued to bump on the other people that was standing like him. 

A few seats away, he saw a girl wearing a black cap. Baekhyun doesn't know why but he felt drawn by her, he can't clearly see her face since the cap was blocking her face but those pair of lips seems familiar to him. 

The way those lips twitched upwards was somewhat.. familiar. 

He saw her lean in the window and Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. Maybe if she wasn't a black haired girl he would have mistaken her as Taeyeon.

He shook his head. Why would he even think of her now when it's going to be a year when she left and he didn't heard a single news from her.

The bus stopped and the girl climbed down. Baekhyun just watched her as she disappeared out of his sight, he furrowed his brows. 

Why did he felt attracted to girl easily like that nonetheless a stranger. 

Baekhyun saw an empty seat and decided to seat there. He took out his phone and mentally cursed himself seeing that it's still early. 

Again, his thoughts diverted to the stranger he saw earlier. 

Why did he felt attracted to her like that?

Taeyeon woke up as the sunlight hit her face. She groaned and got off the bed before walking to the balcony of the room she's staying at. 

She stretched her body up before deciding to start her day in roaming around Seoul. she fixed herself and wore a black cap. 

She doesn't know why she did that but she felt like she's not ready to meet her friends yet in case they're in Seoul too. 

She's not ready for then to see her yet. 

She's not ready to meet Baekhyun yet. 

She waited at the bus stop near the hotel she's staying at. She doesn't know where she will go but she remembered that she met a friend overseas who owns a cafe in Seoul.

She smiled. The place where she's at now is better than the province she grew up. But that place holds a lot of her memories. 

She and her brother left Jeonju right after their parents died. They moved to a new place and that place holds the biggest part of her life. 

That's where she met Yoona. 

That's where she met Kyungsoo. 

That's where she met Kai. 

That's where she met.. Baekhyun. 

Taeyeon admired the places that the bus passed by. She doesn't care if the people watches her smile without  a reason but that's what she is.

She's contented on how her life went. She's happy that she's back. 

Drown in her own thoughts. She's oblivious that a pair of eyes was watching her all these time. 

Oblivious to the fact that she had crossed paths with him unknowingly again. 

She heard her destination being announced. Taeyeon got up from her seat and climbed down the bus, her back facing the window. 

Her back facing him. 

___________________________________________________________

A/N: I know you all wanna throw bricks on me because they met UNKNOWINGLY again but patience guys patience. 

There will be BaekYeon.. 

But of course.. I made this story with a lot of drama so yeah.. don't ask why there's a lot of heart wrenching chapters. 

BaekYeon till the end! Woot woot!