Chapter 71

Memories of Yesteryear

"Are alright now?" Taeyeon asked as she caressed Baekhyun's cheek. Smiling a little, Baekhyun nodded his head as he gave Taeyeon a kiss on the forehead before glancing at his father who is still sitting on the chair in the lawn. 

"Don't worry.. dad's going to get through this just a few more therapies and treatments" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head before kissing his cheek and guiding him to sit on the small bench at the porch.

"I know.. he can get through this. By the way, how's your work?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun let go of his hug making Taeyeon give him a confused look.

"It's alright, but I think I'll work the whole day tomorrow. So maybe I'll be home late, is that okay?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled before giving him a reassuring nod.

"That's alright.. I don't have the rights to not let you go right?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun chuckled before shaking his head slowly.

"Aren't you going to miss me?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon tapped her chin before sparing him a glance. 

"I don't know.. I think I'll see Yoona tomorrow. She said she's going to come here since she have a three day leave from her work" Taeyeon teasingly said and Baekhyun pouted before crossing his arms.

"Now she's more important than me.." Baekhyun murmured as he sulked making Taeyeon laugh at him mentally. Kissing his pouting lips, Taeyeon chuckled before pinching his cheek.

"I was just joking.. Of course I'll miss you, you know that I want you to be by my side every second, every minute and every hour right?" Taeyeon asked and suddenly a thought popped on Baekhyun's mind.

What if she's gone? What would he do then if they can't stay long enough without each other? 

How can he even last a minute without Taeyeon?

How about an hour? Or even worst a year?

Or miserably his whole life?

Shaking his thoughts off, Baekhyun kissed his girlfriend and Taeyeon gladly kissed back probably not sensing that something is wrong with him and as soon as he pulled back, Taeyen stared right into his eyes and immediately saw something..

 

Fear.

 

"Hey.. what are you thinking off?" Taeyeon asked while looking straight into his eyes with her thumb gently caressing his cheek.

"I.. I don't want to lose you. Taeyeon, I can't live without you... I can't even last a day---"

"--- don't be afraid. I'm not going to leave you just like that, I love you okay? I won't leave you" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun wiped the tears that are threatening to escape his eyes.

Taeyeon sighed as she watched him worriedly.

What should I do with him? She thought.

"Never leave me alright? If you can't take me with you... I'll follow you" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon knew what he is talking about, taking a deep breath Taeyeon looked straight into his eyes as she said these.

"That'll never happen, because the end of us will be my death"

The next day, Baekhyun woke up with the sound his alarm beeping beside his bed. Getting up, he looked out of the window and saw that the sun is starting to rise up, staring outside he took a deep breath before starting his daily routine.

It was just like the other typical day for him, he went out of the front door and the street is still empty. Looking around, Baekhyun just sighed before walking out of the front gate.

Taeyeon on the other hand woke up without any reason, she doesn't know why but her eyes suddenly flustered open and just like in cueas soon as she went by the window, she saw Baekhyun closing the front gate.

Going back to her bed, a smile was plastered on her face while looking up at the ceiling. She thought, she's still lucky to wake up and start another day.

Glancing at her phone, Taeyeon remembered what her bestfriend Yoona had told her but suddenly a small frown appeared on her face as she saw Yoona's message telling her that she can't come because of a sudden emergency.

Letting out a sigh, she knows that sleep won't take over her anymore and that she have to think of ways to ease her boredom specially now that Baekhyun already left for work.

Abruptly getting up, Taeyeon groaned as she suddenly felt dizzy. Blaming her own self, Taeyeon just shook her head as she made her way to make her daily morning routine.

"The instructions you gave the students are good. They easily got what to do with the plane" Baekhyun's professor complimented Baekhyun as soon as they were done instructing the students.

"I won't be able to do it without your teaching sir.." Baekhyun humbly said and his professor chuckled before patting his shoulder.

"You're still the kid I knew before.. by the way, take a break and have a rest the next class you'll instruct will be in two hours" Baekhyun's professor said and Baekhyun nodded his head before going seperate ways with his professor.

Glancing at his wristwatch, Baekhyun didn't notice that it was already lunch time and as soon as the thought sinked in to him, he felt his stomach grumble.

Letting out a chuckle, Baekhyun decided to drop by at his school's field first and as soon as he stepped in the wide field the strong breeze of the wind welcomed him.

He looked back at the small building where he conducts the lessons and he smiled reminiscing all those times where he will unconciously put grease on his face just because he wiped it off with his dirty hand.

Still reminiscing, Baekhyun remembered the times where the pilot will test drive the planes on this big field.

Settling himself under the big tree, Baekhyun let out a tired sigh as he closed his eyes letting sleep  take over him.

"You haven't eaten you know.." A familiar voice echoed in his ears but he shrugged it off knowing that he might be experiencing hallucinations since he haven't eaten anything yet.

 

"Are you just going to ignore me?" 

Opening his eyes, Baekhyun saw that familiar figure sitting beside him with a smile plastered on her face.

"T-Taeyeon.. what are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked in surprise and Taeyeon gave him a slightly annoyed look.

"You sounded like you don't want to see me here.." Taeyeon sulked as she pouted and Baekhyun smiled before kissing her cheek.

"No.. actually I'm glad you're here but.. how's dad?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled sheepishly.

"I was supposed to accompany him today to you know, get his pension but he insisted and dropped me off here saying that I should go here and check you out here and that he's okay. I'm.. sorry" Taeyeon said while giving him a apolegetic look and Baekhyun chuckled before kissing her forehead. 

"You don't have to say sorry you know. I trust dad, I know he can do it alone and he's my responsibility not yours so you don't have to worry. I'll check him out later" Baekhyun said reassuringly and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. 

"But he's your dad.. so kinda makes him my responsibility now" Taeyeon innocently said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head happy of what his girlfriend said.

"Alright.. You say so" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded. 

"Hey.. you haven't eaten yet right?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head innocently.

"Yeah.. and I'm kind of hungry" Baekhyun said cheekily and Taeyeon shook her head before taking the sandwiches she made earlier from her bag.

"Here.. I'll just go get you some drink" Taeyeon said after handling him his food but before she can even stand up Baekhyun grabbed her wrist making her sit again.

"You don't need to. Stay here" Baekhyun said while opening the wrapper and Taeyeon gave him a questioning look.

"What if you choke your food?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun stopped unwrapping his sandwich before giving Taeyeon a disbelief look.

"Do you want me to choke my food?" Baekhyun asked in disbelief and Taeyeon slowly shook her head. 

"No" She answered shortly.

"Then I'll be alright. I won't choke this.." Baekhyun confidently said and Taeyeon sighed. 

"Just let me get some drink for you.." Taeyeon pleadingly said and Baekhyun turned his eyes to her before returning it back to his food.

"Don't leave, you're going to make me miss you more" Baekhyun simply said and Taeyeon stopped retorting anymore and just let him be. 

"Alright.. You say so. I miss you too" Taeyeon murmured but didn't notice that Baekhyun heard her making him smile.

After several minutes of staying there, the couple sat in silence enjoying each other's company when Baekhyun's phone suddenly rang.

"I'll just pick this up.." Baekhyun said as he glanced at Taeyeon who is resting her head on his shoulder.

"Alright.." Taeyeon  said before lifting her head up.

"Hello sir?" Baekhyun asked when he saw his professor's name flashed on his screen.

"Baekhyun.. arr you taking your break now?" His professor asked. "Yes sir.. do you need anything?" Baekhyun asked.

"I just moved your schedule today. So, you need to be here in thirty minutes instead of two hours so you can go home early. Is that okay?" His professor asked and Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon before taking a deep breath.

"Alright sir.. I'll be back" Baekhyun said. "Alright.." His professor said before hanging up and Baekhyun turned to his girlfriend.

"Who is it?" Taeyeon asked before standing up and Baekhyun smiled a little. 

"It's my professor. He asked me if I can go back earlier so I can go home earlier" Baekhyun stated with an unsure voice expecting Taeyeon to be disappointed because he'll leave her earlier than what she expects but instead he saw her smile.

"Go then so you can go home early" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gave her a confused look. She gave him a nod.

"What about you?" Baekhyun asked.

"Remember  the store the four of us used to go to?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Meet me there.." Taeyeon shortly said and Baekhyun nodded his heas again before kissing her forehead. 

"I'll see you later..." Baekhyun said before taking a fre stepd back and taeyeon smiled before nodding her head.

"I love you!" Baekhyun stated as he jogged back to the building.

"I love you too.." Taeyeon muttered softly as she saw him go inside. Taking a deep breath, Taeyeon smiled while looking up in the sky.

Two hours had already passed and Taeyeob was sitting outside the convenient store looking at the corner of the street waiting for her boyfriend to come, letting out a deep breath she glanced at her clock and shrugged her shoulder, it's not that she's already getting annoyed for waiting but it's because she's bored, she felt like she needs to see him now or she'll die out of her boredom but just like in cue, there comes a familiar figure approaching her. 

"Hey sorry for making you wait.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head and standing up from the chair giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's alright.. you're already here anyway so that's all that matters" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled. 

"Do you want to go home?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon raised her brows. "Did you called dad?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

"Yeah.. he said he's fine so we don't need to worry. So, do you want to roam around first before going home?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head excitedly making Baekhyun smile befor taking her hand. 

The sky is slowly turning darker and the couple didn't mind it. Instead, they planned to go on the nightnarket nearby since they haven't been therr even when they lived on that place before. 

Brightly colored stalls, bright lights, different kinds of music, children tunning after each other, couples dating and even family's gayhering can be seen in that market that night.

Holding each other's hands tightly, Baekhyun and Taeyeon walked through the crowd as they tried to find the best place to settle first, finding a cafe nearby, the couple decided to go there.

Settling at the rooftop, Taeyeon and Baekhyun settled beside the railings while doing nothing but to stare at each other, the night was perfect, while looking at her that way Baekhyun felt lucky.

With the noise of the people below the street, the melodious music up there in the cafe's rooftop and the city lights behind Taeyeon made the view perfect.

He can't ask anymore but to just stay with each other, drowning themselves onto each other's eyes with both of their stares portraying love.

The couple heard the people below do a countdown.

3,2,1 they said and the sky suddenly lit up with the colors of the firework, sitting there and watching in amazement. Slowly, lanterns flew up making ut more colorful, Baekhyun watched Taeyeon as the light glowed on her face making his view of her face clearer.

Standing up, Baekhyun stood up and offered his hand to her. Accepting it, Taeyeon stood up too as they stood infront of each other.

"It's beautiful right?" Taeyeon asked as she watched those lanterns flew on the sky. Baekhyun on the other hand stared at her while she's there standing and watching those. 

Pulling her close to him, Baekhyun never broke his stair.

"You're much more beautiful than those. You're perfect" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon turned her head to him while giving him an innocent look.

"You're starting again.." Taeyeon said as their eyes met. She s her arms around his nape with her other hand caressing his cheek. 

"It's not me.. it's my heart that wanted to say it" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled before nodding her head, staring at his eyes Taeyeon saw nothing but love and happiness.

Sshe felt being drowned in his eyes but nonetheless it felt good. His warmth made her feel safe, his presence made her undeniably happy. 

"I love you.." they both said as the same time. Leaning close, their lips met as the firework continued to burst out different colors in the sky. 

Locked on their own wor, they don't seem to care. No worries, no pain, no burdens, no sadness. 

Everything was filled with love. 

"Stay close to me.." Baekhyun said with his forehead resting on hers. "It's just you and I.. Forever" Taeyeon said while caressing her nape with her eyes closed.

"Just you and I.. for the rest of our lives"

___________________________________________________________

A/N: I know this is what you want ichigoban3 x)

By the way, about the sestal thing I'm posting a compilation of their oneshots here but I'm still going to be baekyeon centered :D

About the ones who likes other pairings you can tell me and I might consider it too :D